Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if it was a lie, it would be a problem if she ever has to testify under oath should there ever be a court case. Plus she doesn't come across as that sort of person IMO. However, who knows what one would do in the same situation. It would be unbearably devastating and crippling.

The car info was released one year later, in the 60 minutes episode. It was not released in a police media statement, but on a TV show.
I can understand LE releasing bait or fake info to catch someone, but I really doubt they would ask FM to lie about it. She described the cars in a radio interview a few days (?) after 60 minutes. If it's fake info, then she is very good and describing false information. I don't buy that.

BUT, what if she recognised the cars. Maybe she had seen them parked in Sydney, or in lots of places..."there's those cars again". Then the night WT is missing it clicks, and she tells LE. That's a good enough reason for LE to play quiet while they follow that lead. For some reason it was time to realise that info on TV, when LOTS of general public are watching. MOoooO

The car info was released one year later, in the 60 minutes episode. It was not released in a police media statement, but on a TV show.
I can understand LE releasing bait or fake info to catch someone, but I really doubt they would ask FM to lie about it. She described the cars in a radio interview a few days (?) after 60 minutes. If it's fake info, then she is very good and describing false information. I don't buy that.

BUT, what if she recognised the cars. Maybe she had seen them parked in Sydney, or in lots of places..."there's those cars again". Then the night WT is missing it clicks, and she tells LE. That's a good enough reason for LE to play quiet while they follow that lead. For some reason it was time to realise that info on TV, when LOTS of general public are watching. MOoooO

But that only seems to make sense (to me) if they were certain/pretty much certain about who owned the cars. There's a little boy gone and you have car descriptions - don't you want to release that and get sightings? Couldn't the public have helped? I guess if you already know them and where they live then 'no' - but he's still gone after so long and they eventually end up releasing the info anyway? For what purpose in that scenario?

I don't think it's necessarily fake, it just baffles me that they didn't want leads on their whereabouts/directions of travel at the time.

:cow:

P: Parents are extra cautious in Sydney, but you’d probably let your guard down and be a bit disarmed in a quiet neck of the woods like that. Do you feel betrayed that someone within that community has potentially kidnapped a child?
http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-william-tyrrells-parents#9qC3gErra3cGEKuz.99

From information in MSM police initially thought TJ's car had been scrapped until the 60 minutes interview and then it was located at a neighbors about a week later. PB claims he has a different make to the other car described but it has been reported that he was seen in a grey/green? car when WT disappeared. He said his son had a car of a similar description but it was in Brisbane at the time and has since been scrapped! Maybe the police are trying to give a stronger hint to the public that the car may still be in existence like TJ's car was. Also, who you gonna sell your car to when you scrap it? Your scrap metal dealer friend? If TJ went into jail, later September 2014, he may not have had time to properly get rid of PB's son's car, if this is where investigators are leading us. It is odd to me that from the time of the disappearance til now, 2 cars that would have been searched, both have claimed to have been scrapped. I have only used the scrappers for cars, once in my life. MOO

Have police asked PB's son, which scrapper he sold the car to?

But that only seems to make sense (to me) if they were certain/pretty much certain about who owned the cars. There's a little boy gone and you have car descriptions - don't you want to release that and get sightings? Couldn't the public have helped? I guess if you already know them and where they live then 'no' - but he's still gone after so long and they eventually end up releasing the info anyway? For what purpose in that scenario?

I don't think it's necessarily fake, it just baffles me that they didn't want leads on their whereabouts/directions of travel at the time.

:cow:

If the family were followed from Sydney (after weeks of stalking) then perhaps LE did identify the cars from traffic cameras, or Maccas etc.

I think the 'thing' about the cars may be kind of simple.

Port Macquarie LAC were initially investigating an incident of a little boy lost so the information about the cars may have been deemed to hold little weight at the time IMO. Not long after, DI Jubelin was put in charge of the case, Strike Force Rosann was formed, and information was sought from the public. I suspect that every minute piece of information from the time William went missing was pored over again and the mention of the cars by William's FM may have started to have more resonance.

I think that the reason investigators asked for information about the cars a year later is because they had exhausted all of their leads and needed further information to track the cars' whereabouts. (It wasn't long after that time that AJ's car was miraculously found and impounded for forensic testing.)

Investigators needed to rule potential suspects in or out depending on the available evidence <modsnip> so they can whittle down the number of lines of inquiry to those which are going to be most likely to bring a result, ie, finding William and bringing his alleged abductor(s) to justice IMO.

Question: If LE don't discuss POI, then how do we know who these 4 POI are, besides the media applying that label?

- BS: house searched in full view of anyone.
- TJ: station wagon towed from neighbour's house.
- PB: dumbo told the media he'd been questioned twice by LE.
- DN: The Daily Telegraph said so.

I assume the latter answers the above.

Port Macquarie LAC were initially investigating an incident of a little boy lost so the information about the cars may have been deemed to hold little weight at the time IMO. Not long after, DI Jubelin was put in charge of the case, Strike Force Rosann was formed, and information was sought from the public. I suspect that every minute piece of information from the time William went missing was poured over again and the mention of the cars by William's FM may have started to have more resonance.

I think that the reason investigators asked for information about the cars a year later is because they had exhausted all of their leads and needed further information to track the cars' whereabouts. (It wasn't long after that time that AJ's car was miraculously found and impounded for forensic testing.)

Investigators needed to rule potential suspects in or out depending on the available evidence <modsnip> so they can whittle down the number of lines of inquiry to those which are going to be most likely to bring a result, ie, finding William and bringing his alleged abductor(s) to justice IMO.

Yes that's what I thought originally, that they had looked hard but needed something to firm it up. But is that "strategic" as Jubey says?

From information in MSM police initially thought TJ's car had been scrapped until the 60 minutes interview and then it was located at a neighbors about a week later. PB claims he has a different make to the other car described but it has been reported that he was seen in a grey/green? car when WT disappeared. He said his son had a car of a similar description but it was in Brisbane at the time and has since been scrapped! Maybe the police are trying to give a stronger hint to the public that the car may still be in existence like TJ's car was. Also, who you gonna sell your car to when you scrap it? Your scrap metal dealer friend? If TJ went into jail, later September 2014, he may not have had time to properly get rid of PB's son's car, if this is where investigators are leading us. It is odd to me that from the time of the disappearance til now, 2 cars that would have been searched, both have claimed to have been scrapped. I have only used the scrappers for cars, once in my life. MOO

Mmmm, claimed to have been scrapped. Maybe TJ said he could scrap the PB car, but in his slimy way sold it on for a profit. I agree, the grey car could still be out there.

I can't keep up with dates, so maybe that didn't work.

If the family were followed from Sydney (after weeks of stalking) then perhaps LE did identify the cars from traffic cameras, or Maccas etc.

A long drawn out 'watch' could explain the coming together of all of the good luck involved regarding neighbours/apparent perfect timing etc and the apparent clean getaway. Though if Kendall was brand new to them the luck gets a little amazing again.

Port Macquarie LAC were initially investigating an incident of a little boy lost so the information about the cars may have been deemed to hold little weight at the time IMO. Not long after, DI Jubelin was put in charge of the case, Strike Force Rosann was formed, and information was sought from the public. I suspect that every minute piece of information from the time William went missing was poured over again and the mention of the cars by William's FM may have started to have more resonance.

Though didn't the FM think/suspect/raise the idea from the start that William had been taken?

Frogwell, I think you are right. It goes back to what Taylor Auerbach was saying about the POIs and their stories.

Maybe the release of info about the cars is the police trying to sort fact from fiction.

If a 2nd car turns up that was supposed to be scrapped, well, it would be miraculous.

Yep, easier to take him in Kendall than Sydney. They followed the family for weeks until the perfect opportunity arose. Moooo

Have been having similar thoughts Richie; been wondering if that provides a reason for the 'earlier than expected' arrival at FGM.

Also perhaps gives some credence to the comments from BIO GM as to how well 'they did the job' ... IMO

Yep, easier to take him in Kendall than Sydney. They followed the family for weeks until the perfect opportunity arose. Moooo

But if this is the case then arent we talking about someone else other than the POIs taking him.

But if this is the case then arent we talking about someone else other than the POIs taking him.

Yes. Someone else mentioned there were 12 POI but I can remember where that was said.

If someone from Sydney took him then I don't know exactly why these 4 POI have been exposed in the media, besides some sort of distraction.

Yes. Someone else mentioned there were 12 POI but I can remember where that was said.

If someone from Sydney took him then I don't know exactly why these 4 POI have been exposed in the media, besides some sort of distraction.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/3679051/confusion-over-paedophile-link/?cs=257
"A source within the strike force, however, said "what gets uncovered in this kind of investigation is the type of thing you saw yesterday with Bickford".

"When a child goes missing, things flush out from deep down," the source said."

Im guessing these 4 could have been 'flushed out'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members