Bosma Murder Trial 03.03.16 - Day 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones says bloodstain pattern analysis can determine the location of the impact, the object used to create a pattern, the minimum number of impacts, the way a person or object was moving during an after bloodshed, the way a person was positioned when they were bleeding, etc.
by Adam Carter 2:23 PM

Sheep's blood is usually used to recreate blood spatter.
by Adam Carter 2:25 PM

The types of stains are "passive" (something that is formed only from gravity, like if you cut your finger and it falls to the floor), "transfer" (which is when a bloody surface comes into contact with another surface) and "spatter" (when a liquid is dispersed due to force).
by Adam Carter 2:26 PM

Court now seeing example photos of different types of blood patterns.
by Adam Carter 2:27 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Next is actually called a splash pattern. Has longer stains caused by larger volume of blood striking surface all at once.

Flow pattern. Blood flowing due to gravity.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Pool pattern. An accumulation of blood from source being stationary for period of time.

Saturation pattern. Blood following path of material it is on.

Transfer/contact pattern. Cover a hammer with blood, set hammer down, leaves a pattern.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Handprint or footprint are most common transfer pattern. Also weapons.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 25s26 seconds ago
Swipe pattern when a bloody surface is in motion and comes into contact with other surface. For instance a bloody hand swiping a wall.

Wipe pattern. Blood dries from outside of stain to inside. So drips that are wiped make a smear.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 43s43 seconds ago
Projected bloodstains as a result of pressure. An artery cut and blood pushing blood out. Heavy flow, lots of blood with force.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Cast off pattern. Object in motion with blood on it. Example, blood on tip of a knife, swinging knife.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
He wouldn't be able to see what object caused the cast-off.

Impact pattern. Blood dispersed with force from bloody surface. Strike pool of blood with hammer. More force causes more, smaller stains.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 45s46 seconds ago
Mist pattern. High energy source, as in a shooting.

This witness should get the accused's attention, I'm ready to sit back and relax. I've been looking forward to the blood spatter expert personally.Any other 'Dexter' fans on here? ;)
?

Smich and Millard looking at the monitors in front of them as the court sees photos of different types of bloodstains. MIllard is taking notes.
by Adam Carter 2:35 PM

This witness should get the accused's attention, I'm ready to sit back and relax. I've been looking forward to the blood spatter expert personally.Any other 'Dexter' fans on here? ;)
?

Absolutely! I was thinking a field trip to the 'blood spatter room' at his office would be cool.

The most obvious interpretation is that Banks saw handwritten documents that appeared to be written by a child. That would mean clumsy, irregular manuscript (less likely cursive) writing, with spelling errors consistent with what children, pre-secondary school, typically make, such as "runing" for running (not applying the double the consonant rule) and the like. I've seen examples of DM's handwriting and errors like these are noticeable. I think they reflect the fact that he was educated in French in his primary years and never mastered the nuances of written English, probably because he dropped out. DM also apologized for his writing in his court appearance on the LB charges.

I dunno his letters from Jail seem pretty well written..certainly not kindergarten like.

Smich and Millard looking at the monitors in front of them as the court sees photos of different types of bloodstains. MIllard is taking notes.
by Adam Carter 2:35 PM

Probably doodling skulls with the eye shot out.

Sharlene Bosma looking down at the ground with her head in her hands in court as pictures of blood being shown. Jones is talking about examples where arteries and veins being severed. These are example photos, not photos directly linked to this case.
by Adam Carter 2:39 PM

Sharlene Bosma looking down at the ground with her head in her hands in court as pictures of blood being shown. Jones is talking about examples where arteries and veins being severed. These are example photos, not photos directly linked to this case.
by Adam Carter 2:39 PM

This testimony is going to be very difficult for family and friends.

I'm afraid I'm not at all conversant with the details of weapons laws. Perhaps someone else here will step in. But I would infer, tentatively, from other areas of law, that charges against the gun sellers would be based on what they knew at the time of the sale. That is, if they didn't know or suspect that the weapons were to be used in a murder, they would not be accomplices before the fact, or otherwise directly tied to the murder itself. Knowledge and intention play a big role in prosecution so I am tentatively of the opinion that their charges would not change based on the outcome of this case, unless it could be shown they had a closer association with the principals that what we know now.

Thank you again.

I did read that a weapon supplied directly from someone gang related, or related to other organized crime, if used for murder, can get the supplier a life in prison sentence, the determining factor being that the weapon is tied to gangland or organized crime, hence is presumed to already be premeditated in its use. I don't know if this applies in this case.

This witness should get the accused's attention, I'm ready to sit back and relax. I've been looking forward to the blood spatter expert personally.Any other 'Dexter' fans on here?
?

I read in 2013 that "dell" is a fan of Dex, (I wouldn't be able to find the link 3 years later, so: IMoo.) I hope this BSA has some great evidence.

Stain is small. Can happen with shooting, chain saw, golf club.

Expirated blood pattern. Someone coughing out blood. Usually mixed with saliva or mucous.

Altered stain. Could be altered by dilution with other liquid.

In the Bosma case we're talking about "spattered" and "altered" stains. "An altered stain is a stain in which something has happened to it," Jones says. That could happen from dilution.
by Adam Carter 2:47 PM

Water changes the way blood reacts and flows, he says.
by Adam Carter 2:48 PM

Court now setting up Jones' presentation on the findings in the Bosma case.
by Adam Carter 2:50 PM

Absolutely. Let's say, for the sake of argument, both accused are acquitted of murder in this case. If that happened, CN could not be convicted as an accessory to a murder that a jury had found her accomplices did not commit. In that case, charges would be dropped.

Now, as for testimony in this current case, CN would be expected to testify truthfully to what she knows. The Charter of Rights guarantees that whatever she says in sworn testimony cannot be used against her in a different trial (for example, her own trial for being an accessory).

That would not mean that she could not go to trial as an accessory, but that the Crown would have to prove the case against her without reference to anything she said in this case. And I suspect there will be a publication ban on her testimony (or there could be) lest it taint the likelihood of her receiving a fair trial herself.

Can you cite an example of such a pub band?

Also, she has opted to be tried by judge alone so it wouldn't really apply in her case.

Sending prayers of love and strength for Tim's family and friends.

I cannot imagine the pain that this trial is causing his loved ones yet they steel themselves in order for Tim to have justice.

Love can move mountains.

Court now seeing photos of Bosma's truck from the outside.
by Adam Carter 2:51 PM

Jones was called about the investigation on the 13th of May, 2013. He first saw the trailer when it was at the Hamilton facility, before it was moved to the OPP facility in Tillsonburg.
by Adam Carter 2:52 PM

He didn't work on the truck until it was in Tillsonburg.
by Adam Carter 2:53 PM

Child-like documents? Yeah, that's not the slightest bit creepy, considering there are a grand total of ZERO children connected to this case.

This might have been addressed and/or suggested already (I'm just catching up), but I suspect the backpack with "child like" stuff in it, may have been in TB's Dodge and belonged to his daughter. Why the perps didn't burn it or destroy it is anyone's guess, IF it belonged to her. :( MOO.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Now moving on to blood spatter in this particular case. Jones asked May 13, 2013 to help @HamiltonPolice. Next day sent to see truck.

Decision made to move truck from #hamont garage to @OPP_News garage in Tillsonburg. #Bosma

Start with presumptive tests to determine if a stain is human blood. False positives from primates and - weirdly - ferrets.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Impossible to test all blood stains from a crime scene, says Jones. So he circles ones to be tested in white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ