Found Deceased MO - Titus Tackett, 3, Killarney Shores, 10 Feb 2016

Has there been any word from the autopsy regarding his feet being dirty from being barefoot? If he really walked that far, his feet would confirm this.
I would love to know. Would make me feel much more comfortable that he ran off on his own!

even if he could...sigh...i just don't share any "optimism" ruling out foul play.

in the ONE hour they leave the boy with the 'grandparents' he disappears. walks out naked (diaper, green underwear, still virtually naked) into sub human temperatures, never cries out loud, for a neighbor to hear on either end, plays cat and mouse (hide and go seek) freezing to death in a neighborhood that isn't his own, figures out how to get into a minivan, and only 12 hours later is found dead.

not buying what they're selling. four in a row -- deorr, Brandon, noah, now titus. i just can't. I'm sick of it. sick ABOUT it...all toddlers with parents and grandparents involved in the blame game.

it's not a game. these are babies. found dead. i want to vomit.

don't forget the little boy from Searcy Malik

Has there been any additional information released regarding Titus' condition (feet, TOD etc)?

Nothing new about that but I did find this article which appears new. I would have liked to seen more than 1 news article about this though. Maybe more will come out in the next day or so.

I am not sure what it means. If anything.

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...cle_b78f5e91-f375-59a3-aca3-73eee4997df7.html

From your link:

Iron County Sheriff Roger Medley announced Friday that the investigation into last month’s death of 3-year-old Titus Tackett has concluded and the case has now been turned over to Iron County Prosecuting Attorney Brian Parker for further action.

“The prosecuting attorney has received the case for his review and evaluation to determine if any criminal wrongdoing exists,” Medley said.

From your link:

Thanks. The sheriff didn't really give away any hints whether he thinks there will be charges or not. I guess we will have to wait to see if the PA files charges or not.

If I had to guess at this point. I think the toxicology report has come back and nothing much more was found. I just hope an independent autopsy was done to verify conditions of feet and other things to see if things are making sense based on the story they were told.

I have had a bad feeling about this case since the start and I hope it is not being swept under a rug.

The whole blanket thing still seems a little strange to me because most people would know not to touch any evidence.
And even if someone didn't know about protecting evidence then if you put yourself in the position of being the first one to uncover the body would you even do that?

I think I would have RUN back in the house and called 911.

Has there been any word from the autopsy regarding his feet being dirty from being barefoot? If he really walked that far, his feet would confirm this.

BBM - Since it was so cold, I would think his feet might show signs of frost bite as well, IMO.

BBM - Since it was so cold, I would think his feet might show signs of frost bite as well, IMO.

I agree. The original comments from the initial autopsy done by the local funeral home owner who happened to know the family well were just too vague on things.

It has bothered me that no mention of the condition of the bottom of the feet were ever mentioned. This is one of the most basic of things that people were wondering about and there was no mention of it.

The other thing that I had thought would have been done is to try to determine estimated time of death. I always thought that was something an autopsy would do. They usually try to determine that because it usually is very important.

Most of us felt an independent autopsy should have been done by a place with no potential for bias in this case. Not sure if that ever happened.

The whole blanket thing still seems a little strange to me because most people would know not to touch any evidence.
And even if someone didn't know about protecting evidence then if you put yourself in the position of being the first one to uncover the body would you even do that?

I think I would have RUN back in the house and called 911.
I think most of us would know this. The general public? Maybe not. They found an unconscious (dead) child in the freezing cold. I think it makes sense to put a blanket on him.

The sheriff's office releases statements like that a lot around here that I have seen whenever there is any kind of serious investigation. It doesn't mean anything more than the investigation is complete in this case, IMO.

I think most of us would know this. The general public? Maybe not. They found an unconscious (dead) child in the freezing cold. I think it makes sense to put a blanket on him.

Good point.
The person that found him may have not even realized he was dead. And even if they did realize it then most of us have heard that people can be revived so I could now see where that could be a reaction by the public.

Thanks as I had not considered from that angle.

Thanks. The sheriff didn't really give away any hints whether he thinks there will be charges or not. I guess we will have to wait to see if the PA files charges or not.

If I had to guess at this point. I think the toxicology report has come back and nothing much more was found. I just hope an independent autopsy was done to verify conditions of feet and other things to see if things are making sense based on the story they were told.

I have had a bad feeling about this case since the start and I hope it is not being swept under a rug.

I have had the same gut feelings. There are so many variables that don't make sense to me: the child was only in underwear for bed time during winter, the door to the house was open and grandpa doesn't notice the cold air blowing in, the idea a child that young can walk that far in those bitterly cold conditions wearing basically nothing and then finds a van unlocked opens the door and crawls inside. Something just feels off...I know feelings aren't evidence which is why I'm curious about his feet and other autopsy findings.

Good point.
The person that found him may have not even realized he was dead. And even if they did realize it then most of us have heard that people can be revived so I could now see where that could be a reaction by the public.

Thanks as I had not considered from that angle.

Maybe it was also an emotional decision? Having a young son myself I could see where someone might find this little one, call 911 and maybe cover him up (even if they know he's gone) as a sign of respect...parental love?? He was only in a diaper/underwear so perhaps it was a little last show of dignity for him.

I would put a blanket on him.

Logically, I know I should not do anything to disrupt any potential crime scene. But I think emotionally, it would be really, really hard to not do anything to protect his little body. I'd *see* his little body laying there, and I'm no medical professional, so in my heart, I'd think, "I'll put a blanket on him and let someone else sort it all out." So while my brain may be telling me, "No, stop, crime scene!" My heart will be saying something else. So I can understand why it was done.

Logically, I know I should not do anything to disrupt any potential crime scene. But I think emotionally, it would be really, really hard to not do anything to protect his little body. I'd *see* his little body laying there, and I'm no medical professional, so in my heart, I'd think, "I'll put a blanket on him and let someone else sort it all out." So while my brain may be telling me, "No, stop, crime scene!" My heart will be saying something else. So I can understand why it was done.
I totally agree with you! I know, cognitively, not to touch "evidence" or a possible crime scene, but I think I might have scooped him into my arms without thinking about it.

Yes, my first instinct would be to warm him up in case he was still alive, or see if he could be revived with CPR... Saving a life is more important than preserving a possible crime scene. Plus, I bet it never even crossed the neighbour's mind that it might be a crime scene - they would assume it was a tragic accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back