Sievers Sidebar #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Siever family appeared to a tech savvy family. I would assume both daughters probably have a smart phone. But, on 2nd thought, maybe not as MS would have def wanted to control their surfing activities. I would assume the vast majority of young women their age would be Googling a lot in search of varied answers. I am not sure the courts would want the girls visiting jail but also doubt they want to alienate the girls from their dad. Is there possibly a program for brief father/daughter skype? Or maybe MS would use that time to extend the "they have the wrong guy" "I will be home soon once acquitted" charade. I know many of you have wanted to get the girls out from MS control and want the girls in a positive environment but I still think they should maybe be slowly weaned from a loving dad ( I can just hear all the people yelling for me to be banned to the back of the bus) as they slowly learn more facts and maybe witness a trial and slowly start a new school in a loving protected environment with normal friends.

Attachments

• the stare.gif
    the stare.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 337
I did a book report on The Great Santini in 10th grade :lookingitup: :sothere:

I know a family that was forced to bring two young foster boys, age 2 and 4 to prison for visitation with their bio-dad. Just saying...

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Tenth grade for me was 1985 ish? I'm the same age as TS was.

It seems as is the interviews already released all took place fairly early in the investigation. CK
seems to be one of the later interviews and it was towards the end of August, I think.

There are people such as SH who so far we've only seen a very short, early interview of her. I can't believe they didn't talk to her again. And no further interview with dear Angela after police heard what CK had to say about the Florida visit and the funeral?

The Siever family appeared to a tech savvy family. I would assume both daughters probably have a smart phone. But, on 2nd thought, maybe not as MS would have def wanted to control their surfing activities. I would assume the vast majority of young women their age would be Googling a lot in search of varied answers. I am not sure the courts would want the girls visiting jail but also doubt they want to alienate the girls from their dad. Is there possibly a program for brief father/daughter skype? Or maybe MS would use that time to extend the "they have the wrong guy" "I will be home soon once acquitted" charade. I know many of you have wanted to get the girls out from MS control and want the girls in a positive environment but I still think they should maybe be slowly weaned from a loving dad ( I can just hear all the people yelling for me to be banned to the back of the bus) as they slowly learn more facts and maybe witness a trial and slowly start a new school in a loving protected environment with normal friends.

Dale, not trying to give you a hard time, but in my opinion, no way do these two young girls - the oldest of whom is what? Eleven? - fit the category of "young women"!

I happen to have a grandchild who is almost this age. 4th grade. No, this child does not have a smart phone! And no, the child does not surf the net. At times the child is allowed to play certain games on the parents' phones. When they allow it.

I believe there are lots and lots of tech savvy parents who are not running out to buy smart phones for young children like these. There are indeed parents who monitor and control their childrens' access to all types of electronic devices. I'm not saying forbid it, I'm saying monitor and control access. I would think that is a part of being a responsible parent in today's world.

Or am I that out of it?

I know a family that was forced to bring two young foster boys, age 2 and 4 to prison for visitation with their bio-dad. Just saying...

Was bio-dad in prison for having bio-mom killed? If not, there's really no comparison.

If MS is convicted, DCF is required to petition the court to have his parental rights terminated.

39.8055 Requirement to file a petition to terminate parental rights; exceptions.-

(1) The department shall file a petition to terminate parental rights within 60 days after any of the following if:

(c) A parent has been convicted of the murder, manslaughter, aiding or abetting the murder, or conspiracy or solicitation to murder the other parent or another child of the parent, or a felony battery that resulted in serious bodily injury to the child or to another child of the parent;

https://www.dcf.state.fl.us/admin/publications/fsp/chapter39.pdf

Was bio-dad in prison for having bio-mom killed? If not, there's really no comparison.

If MS is convicted, DCF is required to petition the court to have his parental rights terminated.

39.8055 Requirement to file a petition to terminate parental rights; exceptions.-

(1) The department shall file a petition to terminate parental rights within 60 days after any of the following if:

(c) A parent has been convicted of the murder, manslaughter, aiding or abetting the murder, or conspiracy or solicitation to murder the other parent or another child of the parent, or a felony battery that resulted in serious bodily injury to the child or to another child of the parent;

https://www.dcf.state.fl.us/admin/publications/fsp/chapter39.pdf
My comparison was only for the impact on the children. Which apparently was negative enough for the foster parents to start a petition against forcing youngsters to go see someone that abused them. Bio-dad wanted to keep the kids...a familiar note?

Dale, not trying to give you a hard time, but in my opinion, no way do these two young girls - the oldest of whom is what? Eleven? - fit the category of "young women"!

I happen to have a grandchild who is almost this age. 4th grade. No, this child does not have a smart phone! And no, the child does not surf the net. At times the child is allowed to play certain games on the parents' phones. When they allow it.

I believe there are lots and lots of tech savvy parents who are not running out to buy smart phones for young children like these. There are indeed parents who monitor and control their childrens' access to all types of electronic devices. I'm not saying forbid it, I'm saying monitor and control access. I would think that is a part of being a responsible parent in today's world.

Or am I that out of it?

I am definitely tech-savvy (CS degree) but my 13 yo DD does not have a smart phone.

I am definitely tech-savvy (CS degree) but my 13 yo DD does not have a smart phone.

In no way was I advocating unsupervised cell usage at a young age. I was just thinking with an active family more than likely there was texting going on. Or even omitting cell usage (MS now uses a different kind of cell) I feel quite sure the girls have used the services of Google of late. My initial train of thought was just keeping the girls from jail visits while slowly weaning from dad via Skype possibly. OK, I am going back to the back seat of the bus

And we have yet to receive any interview of MiP or BS' partner; correct?

Do we know who the lawyers are for:

MS
CWW
JRR
The Children

Is there a way to verify who the lawyers are for the above through Florida's Courts? Are the lawyers all court appointed?

Thanks

I get the point you are making DT. No need to head to the back of THAT bus.

I live in a small town and have seen children as young as 1st grade with cell phones. No joke. Having GRANDchildren is a real eye opener. It is amazing the things the kids know and are doing.

The girls were homeschooled. No reason to have a cell phone.

While my opinion is that children that age shouldn't have cell phones, let alone smart phones, where they are educated doesn't make a difference.
I think in their case being able to have contact with the outside world (with TS' family specifically) would have been a wonderful thing. Never a good thing to be controlled as much as they were.

IIRC=
Mark- Lee Hollander
CWW- Elizabeth Parker
JRR- Court appointed
Children- DCFS (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors