ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me, too, believing he was at the cg. But I'm not sure why people don't take into account what Reinwand told NE during the interview, which was that the child was left in his and ggf's care. Also that he disappeared while in their care. I'm curious to know what people think about that. Do you think he's not being truthful? <modsnip> What theories would there be to counter what he said?

The problem with those quotes are IR didn't say those words the reporter did, a sleepy just drug his arse out of bed IR just added a lot of yeah's, uh, have you talked to him this I believe was said in response to DeOrr being left with GGP and IR.

Have you watched the video of that "interview"? IR is clearly half asleep and has been ambushed on his doorstep, and is just mumbling agreeing with the reporter to make him go away, imo.

I agree, Ray.
There was only one thing that jumped out at me when I first saw it: IR asking if they had talked to GGP. GGP knows all, IMO.

I really don't think there's much of a market to adopt toddlers to loving homes illegally. Newborns and young infants, yes, because then you can just pass them off and raise them as your own. Toddlers and older kids are more likely to be seen as "damaged goods", prone to emotional and behavioural problems and attachment disorders (not true, of course, but it's a common misconception and makes older kids much less likely to be adopted). Plus, they may remember their past identity and give the game away, and they may be recognized, especially if they have been reported missing.

Yes, I completely agree. It's pretty far fetched. When I think of the "adoption" theory I think more of a holding person. Someone that is watching him so they can make some money off a sympathetic crowd. It really has been debunked for the most part so it is hard to conclude this as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It rained at an airport that is 50 miles away from the campground. Doesn't mean it actually rained there. If a sudden thunderstorm swept through the area, I assume VDK would have thrown that into his story. We were out fishing, err exploring, walking someplace, 50 yards no 100 feet seeing fish and this big huge thunderstorm came through so we went hauling back to check on little man cause he was back there with grandpa and maybe it was nap time while he was playing in the dirt and his blanket would have gotten wet....

(Opps sorry...)

Yes, I completely agree. It's pretty far fetched. When I think of the "adoption" theory I think more of a holding person. Someone that is watching him so they can make some money off a sympathetic crowd. It really has been debunked for the most part so it is hard to conclude this as an option.

Also another point against the adoption theory would be why they would keep his most prized blanket? On that note did anyone else observe on the first interview how JM seemed to light up a little when Nate asked her about the blanket? It's the only part of the interview where I would credit her with any emotion.

And I wasn't thinking about a loving home as much as to the highest bidder or he was being held because some debt was due.

This info is reposted from the last thread:

If you continue out Lee Creek Road (west), you come to Big 8 Mile Road. That turns into FS 096. That continues onto Blue Jay Mine. It's about 40 minutes from Leadore.

There's a Forest Service Campground, Eight Mile Campground, near the mine.
10 campsites with picnic tables and fire rings on Big Eightmile Creek.

Several dirt roads and trails in the area are open to hiking and mountain biking. Travel up Eight mile Creek Canyon, up Dairy Creek Canyon, or to the historic Blue Jay Mine.

Never go into abandoned mine shafts!

Me, too, believing he was at the cg. But I'm not sure why people don't take into account what Reinwand told NE during the interview, which was that the child was left in his and ggf's care. Also that he disappeared while in their care. I'm curious to know what people think about that. Do you think he's not being truthful? <modsnip> What theories would there be to counter what he said?

Where did he say that Deorr disappeared while in his and GGPs care? Here are links to the transcripts of the interviews. I don't see where he says that. He mumbled mmmmm..hmmmm to some questions but he didn't really say those words. I think he was just trying to go along with the story and get the reporter to leave him alone.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot&p=12310681#post12310681

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/isaac-reinwand-i-had-nothing-to-do-with-deorrs-disappearance/

And for some reason, Klein calls the second store purchase (at least that's what it sounds like he is referring to) the "bombshell." I'd like to know your thoughts on that.

It sounds as though he's saying that not once but twice VDK and JM went to the store with Deorr supposedly in tow and an elaborate story to support that but no witnesses can say they saw a child with them. So, maybe the "bombshell" is that they were simply convinced at that point that they had caught VDK and JM in a huge lie.

This info is reposted from the last thread:

If you continue out Lee Creek Road (west), you come to Big 8 Mile Road. That turns into FS 096. That continues onto Blue Jay Mine. It's about 40 minutes from Leadore.

There's a Forest Service Campground, Eight Mile Campground, near the mine.

Thank you! Interesting. It's only about 5 miles from Timber Creek Campground as the crow flies, but it would take about an hour to drive there by car. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Tim...45a3934e0b5d1!2m2!1d-113.5569846!2d44.6129784

NEW POST FROM EAST IDAHO NEWS:

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/03/lemhi-sheriff-addresses-social-media-conversation-in-deorr-kunz-case/

SALMON &#8212; The Lemhi County Sheriff&#8217;s Office issued a statement Tuesday about the &#8220;volatile social media conversation&#8221; surrounding the DeOrr Kunz Jr. missing person&#8217;s case.

Chief Deputy Steve Penner also wrote about the need for people to stay away from the campground where the toddler went missing.

&#8220;At the present time this case is still being investigated by this office. &#8230; (and) we are planning a professional search, which will be conducted as soon as weather and winter conditions in the area allow,&#8221; Penner said in the news release. &#8220;It is imperative that the area remain in a pristine condition.&#8221;

The entire statement is listed below:

&#8220;In regards to the DeOrr Kunz case there has been a large volume of content generated in social media the last few weeks with some of the content being volatile in nature; we live in a civil society where threatening one another is not acceptable and most certainly will not help solve this case. We want to remind people that we try cases in a court of law based on facts and not in the social media arena.

At the present time this case is still being investigated by this office and other agencies, also we are planning a professional search which will be conducted as soon as weather and winter conditions in the area allow. It is imperative that the area remain in a pristine condition. It is for this reason we are asking the public to avoid the area so the area will remain as undisturbed as possible as winter conditions recede.

We know there is a tremendous amount of interest in this case; we will give further updates when it is appropriate and is compatible with the active investigation.&#8221;

ETA - and it doesn't look like winter is letting up just yet. :-(
[url]https://www.facebook.com/LocalNews8/posts/10154020964433872

[/URL]

It sounds as though he's saying that not once but twice VDK and JM went to the store with Deorr supposedly in tow and an elaborate story to support that but no witnesses can say they saw a child with them. So, maybe the "bombshell" is that they were simply convinced at that point that they had caught VDK and JM in a huge lie.

Ah, yes, you could be right.

I peek in at Deorr fb groups and while I've seen some cranky grumbles, I haven't seen any out and out threats. Have I missed something?

Well, maybe BB and his truck trouble, but not much else.

My theory on this is that VDK came back from the creek and began creating panic and confusion among GGP and IR whom he knew could both be easily fooled. He probably yelled at them saying "I thought you were watching him",..while JM ran in circles saying "Omg..omg!" or something similar. A well planned part of the charade..imo.
If IR did disappear after that (as was speculated) then it was probably to escape the chaos and to calm down..imo

I peek in at Deorr fb groups and while I've seen some cranky grumbles, I haven't seen any out and out threats. Have I missed something?

Well, maybe BB and his truck trouble, but not much else.

The family and friends have been "threatening" people on SM from day one. Perhaps people are taking these threats to the sheriff wanting him to do something about it.

My theory on this is that VDK came back from the creek and began creating panic and confusion among GGP and IR whom he knew could both be easily fooled. He probably yelled at them saying "I thought you were watching him",..while JM ran in circles saying "Omg..omg!" or something similar. A well planned part of the charade..imo.
If IR did disappear after that (as was speculated) then it was probably to escape the chaos and to calm down..imo

^^^ YES!^^^ This scenario has crossed my mind, as well.

and the driver slammed on the brakes causing Deorr to have a closed head injury....
Deorr.
I can see this happening and if alcohol were involved and the ramifications that would have on a professional driving career could be motive enough for an elaborate cover-up..imo

All I have ever seen is a witch hunt on sm. I highly doubt the Sheriff is saying anything cause it's the parents sending out threats.

Jessica had to shut down her fb because of it. Girls in "what happen to DeOrr" where posting screen shots of the nasty crap they sent Jessica all proud like it's a good thing to stoop low.

And if anyone even try to point out how wrong it all is all you do is get called a baby killer supporters. Oh and if you simply try to point out a fact that isn't making the parents look bad you then get accused of being Jessica under a fake profile. Something that's actually happen to me a lot. I was Jessica every other day by crazy haters.

I'm not saying the family probably didn't take part in any of it. I'm sure at first they did. But if they have its been overshadowed by the relentless and uncontrollable which hunt.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

This^^ That is why I love websleuths, we can tactfully state our beliefs without the craziness of other SM. also every post made on the victims thread is for the victim whether we agree or not.

All I have ever seen is a witch hunt on sm. I highly doubt the Sheriff is saying anything cause it's the parents sending out threats.

Jessica had to shut down her fb because of it. Girls in "what happen to DeOrr" where posting screen shots of the nasty crap they sent Jessica all proud like it's a good thing to stoop low.

And if anyone even try to point out how wrong it all is all you do is get called a baby killer supporters. Oh and if you simply try to point out a fact that isn't making the parents look bad you then get accused of being Jessica under a fake profile. Something that's actually happen to me a lot. I was Jessica every other day by crazy haters.

I'm not saying the family probably didn't take part in any of it. I'm sure at first they did. But if they have its been overshadowed by the relentless and uncontrollable which hunt.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I don't think I or anyone can add to this train of thought, clarify anything or make a counterpoint because it would mean talking about things that have been posted on FB and that's against the rules as I understand it! So.....(cut to everyone sitting on their fingers).

Thank you giagreen. I realized I may have unintentionally overstepped my boundaries out of concern. I can't seem to edit or delete my post. [emoji29] It was also posted on one of the public pages too but also FB so I apologize for my post and respectfully, no ill intentions were intended.

I can't edit or delete mine, either, although I don't think there was any contraband there, I wanted to be on the safe side....it isn't a very old post, wonder why I cannot delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2