FL- Pro Gun Florida Woman shot in the back by 4 yr. old son

animlzrule

Reaction score
On Monday, Jacksonville woman Jamie Gilt got into yet another argument with a (snipped) on her Facebook page, Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense. “Even my 4 year old gets jacked up to target shoot with the .22,” Gilt wrote.

On Tuesday, Gilt’s 4-year-old shot her in the back while she was driving, according to a report from Jacksonville’s NBC affiliate. More at link:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/03/pro-gun-florida-woman-shot-by-4-year-old-son.html

I'm sad for the child. As for the "mother"....:facepalm::clap::mad::banghead::laugh:

Guessing there's a job opening for a new pro gun poster gal?

Lmao.

Ack, she'll be up and at em' ASAP. She won't be able to bear losing face, I'm sure. (Or should I say "losing back....) Unfortunately these negligent parent/gun owners tend to double down even in the face of overwhelming evidence that you put yourself and your family at great risk by having a firearm in the home. (Or in the car, apparently...SMH) Much like anti-vaxxers, you just can't reason with them.

Chuckles at the similar incident in Michigan on 20 Feb 2016 where a 3 year-old shot his mother in the head while the family was on an outing in the car. Good ol' positive thinking dad said 'it was a total accident' and that his wife was 'back to work in a few days'.

Well thank goodness she was able to go back to work in only a few days.

But I always lock my guns(s) safely away - except this one time. Fools imo.

"Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense"? Ok....

She sounds like she's already brain dead.. Idiots with guns sometimes get what they so justly deserve. It's almost what I'd call poetic justice.

LMAO, you're mean! :floorlaugh:

Survival of the fittest - putting a gun in the hands of a child, while you're not looking, spells high potential for non-survival to me.

She should be charged with negligence. That child should never have had access to the gun.

Or another innocent party on the highway.

I notice that in the comments section on many of the articles written about this, there is a faction of posters who continue to insist that "this was an accident, nothing more. Nothing to see here, move along." Completely discounting the negligence involved.

An "accident" is holding your child's hand as you cross the street, and he nevertheless trips, falls down, and skins his knee. It's not simply an "accident" when a loaded gun is left accessible to a small child.

I saw this in several online articles yesterday. Haha- gun "sense". Karma is what I call it. Apparently the toddle wasn't restrained in the back seat of her vehicle, and neither was the gun. She's lucky the little gunslinger/terrorist didn't aim for the head or keep shooting! She claimed only hours earlier that he was "jacked up" about target practice!!!

It seems to me that there is a cultural shift going on where no one ever wants to admit they are wrong. I'm betting that this lady will go to her grave saying she didn't do anything wrong or that her beliefs regarding gun ownership remain unchanged. Just an "unfortunate" accident befell her, etc., etc.

Or maybe, she'll have a change of heart. I saw a show by John Stossel, who had worked for 20/20, on teaching gun safety to kids. Basically the upshot is, it doesn't work. Children don't have the capacity to understand the magnitude of the damage a gun can do. Their brains just don't get it. So they had these parents who were gun advocates, and were certain they had taught their kids gun safety and were confident their kids were VERY responsible with guns. Guess what, not so much. Those kids, when introduced to situations where they accidentally discovered a "gun" (not real) were very likely to shoot each other or themselves. All this the parents watched on video, in complete horror.

In the next segment John Stossel had kids learn "stranger danger" through a series of educational classes and parent taught lessons. Guess what. Not so much. The next week, when videotaped, the kids were as likely to be lured away by a "stranger" on video tape than any other child.

The upshot is, you can't teach children gun safety or stranger danger. They don't get it. You have to protect them from the possibility of picking up a gun.

In both cases, the parents completely learned you can't teach a kid this stuff and then turn your back satisfied they learned it. So maybe this woman will also change.

The upshot is, you can't teach children gun safety or stranger danger. They don't get it. You have to protect them from the possibility of picking up a gun.
rsbm

Unfortunately, this also seems to apply to millions of legal gun owners in the USA. You can't teach them gun safety, common sense, responsibility, or judgment. And yet they can buy guns that they use to intimidate or shoot innocent people, or that children (even toddlers) can use to shoot people.

I saw this in several online articles yesterday. Haha- gun "sense". Karma is what I call it. Apparently the toddle wasn't restrained in the back seat of her vehicle, and neither was the gun. She's lucky the little gunslinger/terrorist didn't aim for the head or keep shooting! She claimed only hours earlier that he was "jacked up" about target practice!!!

Guess he got some good target practice in that day! Wonder if he is still jacked up about it! Sorry I know its sarc.

rsbm

Unfortunately, this also seems to apply to millions of legal gun owners in the USA. You can't teach them gun safety, common sense, responsibility, or judgment. And yet they can buy guns that they use to intimidate or shoot innocent people, or that children (even toddlers) can use to shoot people.

Yes. Very sad. I know that there really ARE people who respect guns, who are responsible re: storing them, keeping them inaccessible to children, etc., but unfortunately those who don't are way too numerous. I have a problem with the fact that failure to keep a firearm away from a child who goes on to shoot someone is only a misdemeanor.

Yes. Very sad. I know that there really ARE people who respect guns, who are responsible re: storing them, keeping them inaccessible to children, etc., but unfortunately those who don't are way too numerous. I have a problem with the fact that failure to keep a firearm away from a child who goes on to shoot someone is only a misdemeanor.
Just ironic for someone who publicizes herself to be all about gun sense. She's even posed with a child sitting on her lap in one hand and a rifle/long gun in the other!

Ms Gilt's mother speaks out:

EXCLUSIVE: 'It was just a freak accident, we won't give up our guns.' Teary mother of Florida pro-gun poster girl shot in the back by her 4-year-old says it will be a long road to recovery but her grandson is doing fine, watching cartoons

Jamie Gilt, 31, was driving with her son, 4, through Putnam County, Florida

The child picked up a loaded .45 handgun from the back seat and fired wounding his mother

Gilt's mother, Jane Bramble, 71, tearfully admitted it will be ‘a long road to recovery’ for her daughter

‘People are trying to make it into something it’s not, we are not criminals, we are the victims here’

She said the Sheriff hasn’t spoken to her as far as she knows

Just 24 hours before the accident, Gilt posted about her toddler's shooting ability

She wrote: ''Even my 4 year old gets jacked up to target shoot with the .22'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-fine-watching-cartoons.html#ixzz42YxBYdOt

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back