FLEK's Off Topic

HerStory

Genealogy Junkie
Reaction score
So I had kind of skimmed over WS in the past (Tim Bosma, etc), but it was FLEK who kicked my rear end.

What other cases are y'all actively working on in addition to FLEK's?

Native American/Aboriginal cases and Lyle Stevik's have had my attention when I am not here.

What is your greatest all-time 'unrelated' mystery that you have found here? (I realize that some members have direct loved ones or family members that initially drew them here, and those cases would be natural 'givens')

I am taking a year out of university studies as I pursue a double major in Native Studies and History.... Websleuths is a great distraction to keep my thinking juices flowing.

I came here in search of Anna Waters who disappeared in 1973 from Half Moon Bay. Quite the story! Very sad, very intriguing. In fact, we were so involved in that there was literally no time for another case. That was in 1996. I am good friends with her mother now and won't give up in the search for Anna. I have her link on my sig, should you need a side/read!

It was a very 'hot' case when I joined WS. We are now waiting for some DNA results from a child's scull which was located on a beach not far away.

Rose Cole
Sodder Children
Audrey Gleaves in Ancaster ON

....and CASEY ANTHONY - I was here daily and watched the entire trial.
I then got hooked on Jodi Arias who killed her Morman boyfriend and watched that trial.

When I read about LEK, I was instantly engrossed as to who she could be.

Yes, WS is a great place to forget about daily drudges and get involved. I love it.

....and CASEY ANTHONY - I was here daily and watched the entire trial.
I then got hooked on Jodi Arias who killed her Morman boyfriend and watched that trial.

When I read about LEK, I was instantly engrossed as to who she could be.

Yes, WS is a great place to forget about daily drudges and get involved. I love it.

I wasn't here on Websleuths during the Casey Anthony trial, but I'm BIG on that whole thing. I'm a member of several Facebook pages that discuss it. Have any of you seen THIS recent photo?

CA1_zps554f309a.jpg

Three things which I avoid because of my addictive personality:

1) Casey Anthony
2) Jodi Arias
3) Candy Crush Saga

:floorlaugh:

I wasn't here on Websleuths during the Casey Anthony trial, but I'm BIG on that whole thing. I'm a member of several Facebook pages that discuss it. Have any of you seen THIS recent photo?

CA1_zps554f309a.jpg

Absolutely! Hey, this is WS! Hehe
I have to admit, the members on WS on so on top of it, it's crazy!
Thanks very much tho. I can't believe she got off, I hate circumstantial evidence!! Argh!

It was missing children cases that brought me in, Celina Cass, Aliayah Lunsford and Lisa Irwin all happened back to back. I go back and forth between cases like FLEK and the Grateful Dead fan to current events like Hannah Anderson and Alexis Murphy.

I am retired from 30 years of doing business intelligence research. As you said, Websleuths is a great distraction to exercise my mind. I also have a passion for Native American culture.

Hope this is ok to post here but what are some other good cases to follow here on WS? If this isn't ok to post please delete the comment (but not me) lol

I bumbled into here from reddit.....it was because of the Benjamin Kyle case. Side- note.... I had to lurk for months because my profile wasn't approved for a while.

As long as we mentioned Casey Anthony, my boyfriend was visiting Orlando when her daughter "went missing" and then when the trial was happening- on a practical note, Orlando greatly benefitted from the media madness.

I can say that her case is a rare one in that so much was documented but well obviously it didn't matter too much in the end. Lots of blame to go around there.

Wow - that was a wild story - thanks so much for sharing, WSA!

FLEK's case brought me here and a personal thing but now I am hooked

The case that drew me is Sheep Flats Jane Doe, who was murdered in 1982 in a forest between Reno, NV (the city I live in) and Lake Tahoe. She remains unidentified and she haunts me.
I happen to have a couple of relatives who live in the Longview area, but their town is called Tyler, TX and I didn't connect it until I was already hooked on FLEK. What drew my attention was the fact that she died Christmas Eve.
I pretty much only come here to read UID forums. I am typically drawn to cases that are close geographically to me, or to other places where I have spent time, mostly New Mexico (such as Dona Ana Jane Doe) and the SF Bay Area (Pogonip Jane Doe, who has been IDed, and "No go, no eat, no sleep, murder" Jane Doe out of Pacifica). Another topic that tends to grab my attention is if the Doe may have been involved in the sex industry, such as Eklutna Annie, who was murdered by Robert Hansen (Rot In Pieces, you ...) in Alaska.
Some of the other cases I look for in the feed are: Annandale VA "Christmas Tree Jane Doe," the 2 Mendocino county kids, long believed to be a boy and girl, now thought to be 2 girls, Ohio Buckskin Girl, "Penny Doe," found with pennies in her pocket, Racine County Jane Doe... And oh so many others.

2 Mendocino county kids, long believed to be a boy and girl, now thought to be 2 girls

My personal theory is that those two Unidentified remains were people who tried to rip off growers in the "Emerald Triangle" & were killed as a result. A friend of mine has connections to that world & from what she has told me, the genial "Grass Growing Hippies" rep of that area masks some crappy/bad things. I also grew up in Northern California & can tell you "hippies" in that area are some of the most giant hypocrites I have ever known.

the genial "Grass Growing Hippies" rep of that area masks some crappy/bad things. I also grew up in Northern California & can tell you "hippies" in that area are some of the most giant hypocrites I have ever known.

my boyfriend is from the Santa Cruz area and I have spent some time there myself, and we would both whole-heartedly agree with you. He had been a teacher's aid in high school one year, and he had to testify in court that the defendants were absent from class at the time that a brutal murder took place in the forest. I forget the details, but I think the kids had gone up to steal some plants, and a random passer-by interrupted them, and they killed him. Something like that.

I also follow the Sodder children mystery (though I think they are dead) and some old cases like Somerton man. I am interested in mysterious crimes/cold cases, but I don't like reading about/seeing extreme violence and gore, so I'm drawn to cases like FLEK's.

I got very inspired by investigative journalist Mikael Blomkvist and the strange female hacker Lisbeth Salander of Stieg Larsson's mystery fiction trilogy "Millennium" a few years back.

I'm new to WS and the LEK case, and hope I can contribute somehow. I will also try to look into the Jennifer W case and the Eldorado Doe case.

When map search was up for the MH370 case I spent some hours searching maps of the proposed location. That's a mysterious case that I still follow with much interest.

CA1_zps554f309a.jpg

Just seeing this pic infuriates me to no end. What right does SHE have to sit at the beach leisurely reading when she murdered her little precious daughter???? I will never be able to forget this *itch, and will always remember precious Caylee.

I got very inspired by investigative journalist Mikael Blomkvist and the strange female hacker Lisbeth Salander of Stieg Larsson's mystery fiction trilogy "Millennium" a few years back.

I'm new to WS and the LEK case, and hope I can contribute somehow. I will also try to look into the Jennifer W case and the Eldorado Doe case.

When map search was up for the MH370 case I spent some hours searching maps of the proposed location. That's a mysterious case that I still follow with much interest.

I'm a Stieg Larsson fan. Loved the movie trilogy!

Have you seen the Bron/Broen tv series... I loved seasons 1 and 2, but season 3 was just ok.

Actually, I'm a big fan of almost all Scandi spy/mystery/thriller tv/movies

Welcome to Websleuths :)

Off topic? My DNA came back....

26% Native American
20% Europe West
17% Scandinavia
11% Ireland
9% Great Britain
8% Finland/Northwest Russia
5% Asia East
3% Asia Central
1% Caucasus

Off topic? My DNA came back....

26% Native American
20% Europe West
17% Scandinavia
11% Ireland
9% Great Britain
8% Finland/Northwest Russia
5% Asia East
3% Asia Central
1% Caucasus

Very cool! Suspect mine would be 100% Britain and Ireland but would love to do this!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back