Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what would be gained by the carpool person driving her home?
If it was to save CD's driving spot then the carpool person would lose her spot.

I'm presuming the carpool person was already in the transit center at this stage.

But wasn't the carpool person the one driving?

If I'm not mistaken the "taking the bus" comment was retracted or corrected. CD did not offer to take the bus. Correct me if I'm wrong folks.

We had pages discussing this way back :)

The family said she didn't say she would take the bus, the police said she did. So we do not know for certain either way.

I can't pick one above the other.

Wow..that's not what I recalled...Do you have a source or what thread that was in? Don't recall all that..

I am not sure, but I think I remember that the carpool had more than 1 other member. That means that the carpool folk are witnesses for each other. We have never had a comprehensive report of the texts to and fro but in my mind it went something like this:
CD: Hey, I've forgotten my badge I'm going back home for it, go on without me.
Carpool: How long do you think you'll be?
CD: Don't wait for me, I'll take the bus. (Phone powered down)
Carpool: If you are only going to be 10 mins we'll wait. (Sent but not received)
Carpool: It's 7:30 we can't reach you so we've had to leave...see you at work.

See that what I remember but then they said she never said she would take the bus.
confused I am!

The family in their press conference was emphatic that Cheryl never intended to take the bus. Pickard was there, even took a few questions, and didn't contradict the information about the bus.

Cheryl DeBoer, 54, was supposed to meet a friend at the Mountlake Terrace Park and Ride lot and carpool to work Monday morning. According to friends and family members, who held a news conference, Wednesday, DeBoer texted her friend around 7 a.m. saying she forgot her badge and that she would catch a bus instead. The friend responded saying, how long will it take? Deboer's text back was, 10 minutes, then her friend offered to wait. DeBoer has not been seen or heard from since.

“This is very unusual for her. Cheryl’s a very responsible person,” said Mountlake Terrace Police Commander Kevin Pickard

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...ing-missing-mountlake-terrace-woman/80068942/

Wow..that's not what I recalled...Do you have a source or what thread that was in? Don't recall all that..

It's all here, probably in thread 3.

While it's written down the way I've just written it, probably makes it sound like there was a disagreement between the family and police but no, it definitely was not like that. Apologies if that is how it reads.

At a press conference the family wanted to correct this and stated she was not going to take a bus.
But it continued to be reported in msm that she was.
That's why it's said she was, she wasn't.
That's just my opinion of it anyway.

This is only my opinion but I don't think for one moment that Cheryl comitted suicide. Even discounting that suicide is not rational in many ways. No, I don't buy suicide. Imo Cheryl was killed and not randomly which is even worse in this whole sad case :(

I too think that the way the LE has been wording or not wording at all about this case is strange in the less. Very strange if we have in mind the many times that LE is quick in warning the public about criminals on the lose and in this case a pacific and quiet lady was found inside a culvert and it seems it is something not to be frightned. Like 'ok, ok, a lady was found dead in that culvert but there is no problema for the comunity in general' - WHO PUT HER THERE?!

Cheryl DeBoer, 54, was supposed to meet a friend at the Mountlake Terrace Park and Ride lot and carpool to work Monday morning. According to friends and family members, who held a news conference, Wednesday, DeBoer texted her friend around 7 a.m. saying she forgot her badge and that she would catch a bus instead. The friend responded saying, how long will it take? Deboer's text back was, 10 minutes, then her friend offered to wait. DeBoer has not been seen or heard from since.

“This is very unusual for her. Cheryl’s a very responsible person,” said Mountlake Terrace Police Commander Kevin Pickard

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...ing-missing-mountlake-terrace-woman/80068942/

The information about the disappearance of Cheryl has been updated over time. She was not planning to take a bus. Her text conversation with the carpool was terminated before they had a plan. The carpool friend waited for Cheryl until 7:30AM.

The husband has been ruled out. The carpool was never under suspicion. Police are investigating a homicide, but they are also looking other possibilities.

Yes, re: the family saying she would never take the bus.
Which led to the discussion that the texts were out of character and therefore maybe sent by a 3rd party. BUT that does not mean that there was not a text about taking the bus.

I assume this means that, had her carpool NOT wanted to wait, CD would have driven herself to work, no bus.

Yes, re: the family saying she would never take the bus.
Which led to the discussion that the texts were out of character and therefore maybe sent by a 3rd party. BUT that does not mean that there was not a text about taking the bus.

In the video her niece is very specific that the comments she's describing come from the texts between Cheryl and her carpool partner. The information was given in order to correct what was being reported by the media. It comes in just the first few minutes of the video.

Cheryl said she forgot her badge and told her friend to go on without her.

So maybe it was LE's interpretation of this, that she would go on to take the...dare not say it...bus.

Sadly it matters not now.
She never did take a bus, just as her family said she wouldn't.

When LE gets a record of cell phone activity, are text messages not included?

I have to agree with the above poster who commented that perhaps it was a clue regarding this back and forth about the bus. She beat me to posting it. For some reason, I feel there is a REAL issue with this scenario.

Back in the beginning, I believe it was said that the drive into Seattle was terrible if there was only one person in the car. Therefore, many people car pooled to be able to get in the fast lane. Could it be Cheryl did not say which way she would get to work, drive alone or go by bus? Therein lies the problem - people are guessing with no one knowing because she did not actually say?

If the carpool was not available on occasion, what manner did Cheryl use to get to work? Her son or husband may know. Even her carpool buddies may know.

There may be any number of issues with the information we have. Her family says in the video that she parked on the street when she was late. Stryker said she was rushing that day but he didn't say she left late. If Cheryl was on time she parked at the park and ride and probably would have texted from her car. Did she park at the park and ride and was she abducted in her own car which was later returned in front of the library? An abduction would be simpler from a traditional parking lot than from street side parking.

Could there be someone that wanted Cheryl out of the picture?
It sure seems like they had a wonderful marriage Was anyone jealous of her?
Look at the amazing photos of their adventures!

Could there be someone that wanted Cheryl out of the picture?< snip >
< snip >Was anyone jealous of her?

Snipped by me.

It sure looks like somebody wanted her out of some picture. Question is which picture and who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member