GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #3

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Steven Lindsey, 35, has been arrested and charged with murder in the Jan. 16 shooting death of his wife, Melinda Lindsey, 23, in Porter County.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...tb-lindsey-arrest-st-0213-20150212-story.html

We are starting a new thread for the shooting death of Melinda Lindsey.

The last thread was filled with non-mainstream media links. Too many to remove which is why we are starting fresh.

Please remember we do not allow outside blogs, non-mainstream media sites, comments from other websites, and no Facebook or Twitter unless approved first.

Thank you for your participation on Websleuths

Tricia

-------------------------------------
Thread #2

Please read and thank Post #1, then continue the discussion here.

Do NOT bring over gossip and garbage from other forums/blogs/boards/Facebook/Twitter or your neighbor's back fence.

Thank you.

Bessie
WS Administrator

wow. OK then...I hope Steve gets the max. I'll check back in from time to time...

I was asked something about melindas relationship with the inlaws to my understanding, they did a lot of bashing her and had a big hand in taking babygirl away from her, I remember Melinda telling me how shawns wife had said something along the lines of how she would be a better mother for babygirl. I never heard much. Good (not saying that there wasn't any)

#JusticeForMelinda

I was asked something about melindas relationship with the inlaws to my understanding, they did a lot of bashing her and had a big hand in taking babygirl away from her, I remember Melinda telling me how shawns wife had said something along the lines of how she would be a better mother for babygirl. I never heard much. Good (not saying that there wasn't any)

#JusticeForMelinda

Their attitudes did nothing to help the situation. I feel very badly when I think of the toxicity that surrounded Melinda in the last couple years if her life. Her only true support was her family and friends....and the monster she married actively worked to is okay her from them. I hope he rots in jail.

Yes, that was very sad to read. Thank goodness SL will never be able to hurt anyone again.

#JusticeForMelinda
Thank you, I had asked about that. Waiting on the sentencing seems almost as nerve wracking as waiting for the trial. Thanks again for all of your updates.

I have followed this tread closely and I am unaware of any recent posts that even flirted with site violations, let alone something that would necessitate a new thread. I don't want to get anywhere near the line so I'm curious: what happened? "Was it something I said?" (No, not ME)
I see nothing untoward at all so what am I missing?

Thank you, I had asked about that. Waiting on the sentencing seems almost as nerve wracking as waiting for the trial. Thanks again for all of your updates.
At least we know he's going away - the only question is for how long. He will be an old man when he gets out, if he gets out.

#JusticeForMelinda

Thank you, Set her soul free. I'm not sure if you are able to talk about the trial, but I was wondering if law enforcement elaborated on why they suspected SL's brother was involved in the stalking incidents? I'm guessing they had some compelling reasons to believe this or they would not have brought it up. If you can't discuss this, I completely understand.

Thank you, Set her soul free. I'm not sure if you are able to talk about the trial, but I was wondering if law enforcement elaborated on why they suspected SL's brother was involved in the stalking incidents? I'm guessing they had some compelling reasons to believe this or they would not have brought it up. If you can't discuss this, I completely understand.

I've heard a lot of hear say on this subject but nothing directly from the law enforcement:-/

#JusticeForMelinda

We have to remember more likely than not the in laws were prejudiced by what SL told them about ML. Very sad situation, they probably didn't know her well enough to form an opinion. Very sad.
Imagine if a reported exotic dancer began a relationship with your family member? Would you even know, he told her he was a widow with deceased wife and child. By the time ML realized the truth, she was pregnant. One only has to view the dismal wedding photo to understand what ML had to endur.
Very sad
That was the reality. Again very sad. May she RIP

Maybe she rest in peace and say SL rot. I hope he is going quietly crazy from fear while he waits to get shipped off to his new home. All the lies in the world can't help him now.

Here's a link to an interesting article I somehow missed. http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...dsey-trial-wrapup-st-0316-20160315-story.html

Based on the Johnny Cochran-style tactics the defense used, I can only imagine the line of questioning the witnesses had to endure.
Considering the outcome I have no doubt Melinda's family and friends would gladly do it again. I love the witness quote in the article "I'm not afraid of anyone".

And yet, when Steven's ex-wife was questioned the defense said it "went too far".

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-84991133/

He was rough to say the least.

"If you really cared about her && you were worried about Steven why didn't you do anything?"
"Did you really care"
"Where you in her wedding or invited"
(No)
"So maybe your friendship wasn't as strong as you make it out to be"

Or maybe Bc they ran off to the court house & got married for tax reasons and he was suppose to give her a "real wedding" later

#JusticeForMelinda

"If you really cared about her && you were worried about Steven why didn't you do anything?"
"Did you really care"
(No)

Or maybe Bc they ran off to the court house & got married for tax reasons and he was suppose to give her a "real wedding" later

#JusticeForMelinda
Oh. My. God. Huge hugs for you. I know its the defense attorney's job, but damn.
You won in the end though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

"Did you really care"
(No)

#JusticeForMelinda

How awful to have to endure that on top of everything else you had to go through. I am so glad those tactics didn't work with this jury!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back