Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this relevant?

Don't jump on TweebieDirt too hard - a poster upthread asked this question (if there were any mosques near or if there is a large muslem population in the area) and TweebieDirt is merely answering it.

Idk why that poster (forget who and too lazy to look) asked that question though.

ETA (Went and looked it up anyway and they asked because they noticed a mosque on the map and were wondering about security cameras).

This is what I think, but why would the perp answer 10 minutes? Wouldn't he/she just power off the phone after the first text?

A bit off topic:
Yes. People do kill nice people of All ages.

Your post reminded me of the woman burned and her body and car found on Gold Camp road. She was 87 years old. She was a NICE LADY.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...omicide_Investigators_On_Scene_134386358.html

Also:

"Smith is accused of breaking into the home of Kathryn "Kit" Grazioli, strangling her in her bedroom and setting her body on fire at a trailhead on Gold Camp Road."
http://gazette.com/courts-roundup-c...-colorado-springs-murder-case/article/1539722

IMOO.

I have no doubts my gibberish doesn't allow me to explain things properly :)

What I was trying to say about finding very difficult for her to be attacked at her age and way of being, was related to a road rage as it was referred by another poster.

Of course men and women of any age are assaulted and killed! I was referring a road rage to escalate to kill a 53 yo WOMAN.

Don't jump on TweebieDirt too hard - a poster upthread asked this question (if there were any mosques near or if there is a large muslem population in the area) and TweebieDirt is merely answering it.

Idk why that poster (forget who and too lazy to look) asked that question though.

ETA (Went and looked it up anyway and they asked because they noticed a mosque on the map and were wondering about security cameras).
No jumping on anyone, I'm just wondering how it's relevant. I think it was Dizzychick who mentioned it.

A road rage? Someone refferred it some posts behind.

No, makes no sense at all. Cheryl was a 53 yo woman. I know by experience that people is much more tolerant to us when we are this age. The young ones have some respect. The ones that are our age too respect us.

Cheryl was not a pedantic arrogante person that could drive someone mad at her. I think that someone who could approach her inside her car with the intent of having a go at that driver would tame down after seeing her!

Neither road rage, nor a robery going bad, not a heart attack or any sudden ilness. Nothing to me points to it.

In my opinion Cheyl was never that morning at the spot her car was found and it wasn't her who wrote those texts.

I too think her phone was only needed to justify her absence in the carpool and also to ping at the zone she would be at that time. After this it was powered down in order to stop pinging and also because the perp didn't want to have to be dealing with her colleague with more back and forth texts. The more they wrote the more the carpool colleague could see something was fishy about those texts. The important was only to let the carpool know that she would go home because of the badge and then it was switched off and the car was parked to be found later.

I tend to believe she was already in that culvert or was put there later night.

Sorry, this is what I think, except why answer with 10 minutes time. If i were the perp I would power down the phone after the first text.

No jumping on anyone, I'm just wondering how it's relevant. I think it was Dizzychick who mentioned it.

Yeah it was, forgot to add that when I edited. Didn't mean you were jumping on her, just that later posts may seem that way. It seemed better to me to insert the explanation into the thread before more people start posting about it.

sbm

Maybe I should move to Portugal. lol (And I mean this in the most positive way, and not in any way as veiled sarcasm or whatever). I wish things were the way you described, but unfortunately, yes, people would most definitely be physically violent against a 53 year old woman, even one who wasn't provocative or rude. It's a crying shame.

(Btw I did visit Portugal on several occasions, Praia d'Oura, Algarve, area - it was absolutely gorgeous there and very friendly, and it's been way too long since I've been there).

Yes, my country however the economical and social problems is very friendly and has a very low crime rate. And yes, women here are more 'respected' than men, I mean we can get away with things easier than man (if we are kind, of course) and in a road rage I can see a man fighting with another man, but would be very unlikely to have a woman beaten by a man in a road rage. I never saw or heard of such a thing.

You are always in time to visit again! I am this very moment in the Algarve, where we come as far as we have a break in work or school. But it has been cold and wet! Not usual at this time of the year!

ETA - Here the men that beat women are their partners or husbands :furious: never men (or women) unknown to the victim.

I have no doubts my gibberish doesn't allow me to explain things properly :)

What I was trying to say about finding very difficult for her to be attacked at her age and way of being, was related to a road rage as it was referred by another poster.

Of course men and women of any age are assaulted and killed! I was referring a road rage to escalate to kill a 53 yo WOMAN.

Again, that was me. :) In my theory I was referring to road rage by someone else, aimed at Cheryl 'caused' by Cheryl accidentally doing some minor damage to someone else's vehicle. I did not say they meant to kill her, just that their rage could accidentally have caused Cheryl to become unconscious or deceased (if they for example slapped her), at which point they went into cover mode and disposed of her body in an effort to keep from being caught/found out.

It is not too far fetched for this country. I almost got assaulted once for having to brake hard for a truck who ran a stop sign at almost full speed. They got mad at me for that, and I didn't even hit them. They hit the brakes, stopped and were on their way over to my car. I swung my car right and got out of there asap. Not a very fun experience. Especially not with a Kindergartner in the back seat.

Yes, my country however the economical and social problems is very friendly and has a very low crime rate. And yes, women here are more 'respected' than men, I mean we can get away with things easier than man (if we are kind, of course) and in a road rage I can see a man fighting with another man, but would be very unlikely to have a woman beaten by a man in a road rage. I never saw or heard of such a thing.

You are always in time to visit again! I am this very moment in the Algarve, where we come as far as we have a break in work or school. But it has been cold and wet! Not usual at this time of the year!

ETA - Here the men that beat women are their partners or husbands :furious: never men (or women) unknown to the victim.

Right. I can definitely see that as a bit of a culture shock for you, knowing how laid back people were (are) like that, in Portugal. I don't want to go too far off topic by swooning about Algarve, but I'm jealous, cold and wet or not! Enjoy your time there. :)

Maybe implying an attack by an Isalmic extremist? Seems so preposterous to be practically impossible.

I initially felt it was a stranger attack by a drug addict but feel less sure of that since it now seems she was transported via another car.

I actually like the road rage angle too since no one used her cards and such. There's lots of nuts and, as another poster pointed out, road rage attackers know no bounds or reason. You're not exempt just because you're a good driver or a middle-aged woman. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe implying an attack by an Isalmic extremist? Seems so preposterous to be practically impossible.

I initially felt it was a stranger attack by a drug addict but feel less sure of that since it now seems she was transported via another car.

I actually like the road rage angle too since no one used her cards and such. There's lots of nuts and, as another poster pointed out, road rage attackers know no bounds or reason. You're not exempt just because you're a good driver or a middle-aged woman. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think an Islamic extremist as the perp, IS preposterous! It really is.

I don't think an addict looking for money (a fix) would go through the trouble of hiding her body, or killing her, actually. And if they killed her by accident I think they would leave her there.

This is a puzzling case.

It's fairly safe to assume the car didn't move after 8:00.
Agreed [emoji6] It was the time re initially finding the car that was in question. ..when Mr. Deboer initially 'found' the car..sources show the car was 'found' later in the afternoon..they requested search warrant etc..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

Sorry, this is what I think, except why answer with 10 minutes time. If i were the perp I would power down the phone after the first text.

I think that the perp had to confirm if the carpool person was aware of the text message saying about the badge. If the forgotten badge was the 'excuse' to justify Cheryl's absence, then the perp had to know if it was read by the carpool and would want to know the answer to that. Perhaps was thinking that the person could say 'ok, then we see later at work' and wasn't expecting the carpool to ask 'how much time'. So, they had to answer something to make sense and not make the other person suspicious. They had to say '10 mins' because it would really be around 10 mins to go and retrieve the badge. That would give them time to go away from that zone (park and ride zone) and at the same time wouldn't put the carpool friend calling more times or being suspicious that something had happened to Cheryl.

Of course we can think that would e easier to have answered ' I will go by bus or I will go in my car. See you later' but that would imply too much text and the more they would text, the more they were delaying going away, delaying switching off the phone and also could be writing in a strange way that Cheryl wouldn't have used in text messages what would put her colleague suspicious or simply wondering.

There is also a Catholic church up the street, a Mormon Church on 48th Ave W, U.S.P.S. in the same strip mall, a pie shop, a great restaurant/pub, a bank, an 80 bed assisted living facility (on the corner of 58th Ave W and 234th St SW).

0f2d27f8fffc4f08ecfac0bed1017ffa.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The assisted living center gave me pause as did the police station. Night shifts. And for whomever stated that the perp would not be a worker bee because he would be too mentally depraved, I think history proves this theory false. Usually, these perps are people no one would suspect of being able to commit murder(s) and then go on about life as usual. "He was such a nice guy" they all say after the guy is arrested for committing some especially heinous crime. It is scary since we are all cautious around the creepy looking weirdos who are more than likely harmless but we let our guard down around the normal, pleasant looking folks who have no soul.

Agreed [emoji6] It was the time re initially finding the car that was in question. ..when Mr. Deboer initially 'found' the car..sources show the car was 'found' later in the afternoon..they requested search warrant etc..

I think that may have happened because the person who parked behind Cheryl's car initially had no idea that anything was going on. I think Cheryl's DH was the one who went to look for her car and found it parked there that afternoon, and the info from the witness who parked behind her wasn't known to LE until later on. I'm assuming this witness came forward at some point after they heard Cheryl was missing, and after they realized they had actually parked behind her car. Hence the time frame getting more specific at that time.

My question is ,if she was murdered, at basically almost rush hour, how did no one see it? Would the roads be empty at 7:10am or so?

There is also a Catholic church up the street, a Mormon Church on 48th Ave W, U.S.P.S. in the same strip mall, a pie shop, a great restaurant/pub, a bank, an 80 bed assisted living facility (on the corner of 58th Ave W and 234th St SW).
rsbm
With the point being that there could have been a security camera at a mosque, I imagine that there would be many security cameras that simply did not pick up traffic, as each camera is expensive and aimed at the most vulnerable locations on a property, such as the back doors and windows.

Failing that, many cameras are just not high quality enough to serve as useful for faster moving objects, or even objects in the dark. Think about how many grainy videos from convenience stores you've seen. "Can you identify this person that held up the local 7-11?" and they've zoomed into the freeze-frame and you can barely make out any features at all. And those are in fully and brightly lit indoor environments.

I'm certain that LE found many instances of security cameras with no useful information on them in this case. I'm not 100% positive, perhaps someone more local could say, but the intersection where the useful Espresso stand video was taken was lit up more than most areas on CD's route.

My question is ,if she was murdered, at basically almost rush hour, how did no one see it? Would the roads be empty at 7:10am or so?

This is what I just cannot understand either. Not saying it didn't happen that way, but if so, the perp took a real risk of being seen.

Again, that was me. :) In my theory I was referring to road rage by someone else, aimed at Cheryl 'caused' by Cheryl accidentally doing some minor damage to someone else's vehicle. I did not say they meant to kill her, just that their rage could accidentally have caused Cheryl to become unconscious or deceased (if they for example slapped her), at which point they went into cover mode and disposed of her body in an effort to keep from being caught/found out.

It is not too far fetched for this country. I almost got assaulted once for having to brake hard for a truck who ran a stop sign at almost full speed. They got mad at me for that, and I didn't even hit them. They hit the brakes, stopped and were on their way over to my car. I swung my car right and got out of there asap. Not a very fun experience. Especially not with a Kindergartner in the back seat.

Lol, to finish the road rage thing, I can see a man attacking another man because of driving errors, I can see although unlikely to happen a young woman attacking another young woman in a road rage, I can see (although unlikely) a young man attacking a young woman IF the woman is rude and provokative and the man has a short fuse.

I can see a man going with fists prepared in a road rage but, as far as there is a lady in the car and the lady(by lady I mean a middle aged educated woman) explains herself or apologizes they would never hurt her. Neither a young nor an older man would do it.

So, I am not seeing Cheryl not apologising or being kind in case she had hit another car or had any wrong doing while driving. Her education plus her age makes imo almost or even impossible for her to be assaulted in a road rage.

I think that may have happened because the person who parked behind Cheryl's car initially had no idea that anything was going on. I think Cheryl's DH was the one who went to look for her car and found it parked there that afternoon, and the info from the witness who parked behind her wasn't known to LE until later on. I'm assuming this witness came forward at some point after they heard Cheryl was missing, and after they realized they had actually parked behind her car. Hence the time frame getting more specific at that time.
Yes yes yes agreed thanks [emoji5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members