Date entered 01/15/2016
Age last seen 21 to years old
Age now 64 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height (inches) 62.0 to 64.0
Weight (pounds) 140.0 to 160.0

Rosemarie was last seen leaving her home in Ambridge, PA during the Spring of 1973. The exact date of her disappearance is unknown.

https://findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/32151

Attachments

• RosemaryRoginski.jpg
    RosemaryRoginski.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 56
I was looking into this one. My questions have to do with whether she is actually missing. Her father died in 2012 and yet she isn't mentioned in the obituary. It's a lengthy obit. It seems unusual that she wouldn't be mentioned at all unless there was a shameful secret. Did she run away? Does her family actually know where she is?

Supporting evidence that she really is missing is a newspaper article from the previous year. I found a mention in a local newspaper that a suspect was sought in the assault of Rosemarie Roginski - an assault that occurred in the Magistrates office of all places.

Does anyone have further information on whether she was a runaway and the family knows her whereabouts or if foul play is suspected?

EDIT: Looks like she is very briefly mentioned in her mother's obituary.

I was looking into this one. My questions have to do with whether she is actually missing. Her father died in 2012 and yet she isn't mentioned in the obituary. It's a lengthy obit. It seems unusual that she wouldn't be mentioned at all unless there was a shameful secret. Did she run away? Does her family actually know where she is?

Supporting evidence that she really is missing is a newspaper article from the previous year. I found a mention in a local newspaper that a suspect was sought in the assault of Rosemarie Roginski - an assault that occurred in the Magistrates office of all places.

Does anyone have further information on whether she was a runaway and the family knows her whereabouts or if foul play is suspected?

EDIT: Looks like she is very briefly mentioned in her mother's obituary.

Interesting that, while Rosemary was mentioned, the obituary listed Rosemary only as a child born to Mary, but lists her neither as predeceased nor a survivor. That is very strange, unless it just indicates that the family doesn't know.

Mary died Feb 2015, and I'm wondering if settlement of her mother's estate might have prompted a search for Rosemarie?

Is this related to the assault in the magistrate's office??: It seems there was a legal kerfuffle involving Ambridge city council members before and during the time Rosemarie disappeared, and it's possible Rosemarie was involved (friendship/romance) with the opposition... but I have no proof... it's only speculation on my part.

Random observations.....

Mr Roganski's 'obituary' isn't really an obituary, per sé. It is more of a write-up by the Slovene Society which he was associated with. Did the writer know of the daughter? Were they personally familiar with the family or were they writing on what they assumed to be 'common knowledge'?

After reading newspaper archives relating to the Roganski family:

- All of the R children appear to be high achievers, honour roll students and beauty queens.

- Rose Marie was hospitalized for something in December 1970.

- There appears to be no archive mention of her disappearance. Weren't her family concerned or did they assume she was where she told them she was going? Why is the last sighting 'Spring 1973'? Is there nothing more concrete? Who is the one reporting her missing for NAMUS?

Rose Marie, according to online archives:

1968 June - Graduates from high school.
1968 June/July - Travels for one month across Europe with a band group (clarinet?). She also shares how she also traveled 'behind the Iron Curtain'.
1968 Sept - Begins her first of two years at Duff's Business College in Pittsburgh, taking an executive secretarial course.
1968 Nov? - Youngest sister is born.
1969 Aug - Travels to Jamaica for nine days, at the expense of Duff's College 'Intra-Fraternity Council' with the Dean of her college and his wife.
1970 Dec - Hospitalized for 'treatment' at Sewickley Valley Hospital.
1972 Mar - Attacked at Magistrate's office.
1973 Spring - Goes Missing.

Okay now. Questions I wonder.

She was/is extremely ambitious and well-traveled. It appeared that she didn't do anything 'just a little bit'. Could she have become a part of some top-secret intelligence group?

Why do her family's obituaries and wedding announcements rarely ever mention her? Isn't it common in missing person instances for family to still recognized the loved one in some fashion when writing such details? Maybe the family has some degree of knowledge as to her whereabouts but have never discussed it. And why is there so little details in the NAMUS report?

Why do her family's obituaries and wedding announcements rarely ever mention her? Isn't it common in missing person instances for family to still recognized the loved one in some fashion when writing such details? Maybe the family has some degree of knowledge as to her whereabouts but have never discussed it. And why is there so little details in the NAMUS report?

RSBM

Great info and questions :)

I wonder if her family was upset with her. I feel they must know more. Interesting that she wasn't entered into Namus until relatively recently, and no exact date of her disappearance. It's possible she was reported to LE as "missing" back in 1973, but if not... it would seem the family had an idea of what happened to her.

Okay, so politics have NEVER been my forté. I can't tell left from right, and especially a Canadian interpreting American lingo (adds insult to injury with my interest and comprehension LMAO).

Anyways, how rigid are families in their loyalties to political parties?
It would appear that in 1972, Mr Roginski (along with a bunch of others) publicly declared his support to a Democratic mayor candidate. Meanwhile, his daughter was working for magistrate Zenobia Jukabowski, whom I understand was a vocal Republican?

Her parents 60th wedding anniversary in 2008 and Rosemarie is not mentioned. It seems that she (or they) cut all ties. I wonder how her disappearance was explained to friends and extended family... maybe studying/traveling abroad? But, did no one question the fact she never returned, or question why she wasn't mentioned in reports such as this one?

http://www.timesonline.com/yournews...cle_510dc4e3-1e70-5a77-992f-a3d5b0f21f31.html

Okay, so politics have NEVER been my forté. I can't tell left from right, and especially a Canadian interpreting American lingo (adds insult to injury with my interest and comprehension LMAO).

Anyways, how rigid are families in their loyalties to political parties?
It would appear that in 1972, Mr Roginski (along with a bunch of others) publicly declared his support to a Democratic mayor candidate. Meanwhile, his daughter was working for magistrate Zenobia Jukabowski, whom I understand was a vocal Republican?

Just my opinion, but generally, I think it depends on the person, the area where they live, and the time period. Democrat/Republican party lines (and loyalty) can be quite important, especially IF the family is active in politics (as was Rosemarie's father).

It almost seems like her case is deliberately vague, as if a formality and someone's just going through the motions. Hope I'm wrong and it's just someones faulty memory, but I've found over the years that if an estate is involved, even if it's not much, it brings out the worst in people.

Can someone confirm that is a mole on her left cheek near her chin?

I'm thinking that a possible reason that the date last scene is vague is because the person who put this up was only 5 years old when her big sister went missing and the rest of her siblings were out of the house or may not have been home much. There's a big age gap in there, if I'm reading that time line correctly.

I wonder if the weight is correct? She appears tiny in the photo.

I do think that's a mole on the lower left of her face. And, she certainly looks much smaller (than 140-160 lbs) in the newspaper photos I've seen.

I also think there is more to the story of her disappearance. Specifically, more details that only her family (and possibly her friends at the time) would know. Unless additional information is entered into Namus we will likely never know more than the few details already provided. I think it's very possible that she's alive, but maybe the only thing we can do (without additional info) is attempt to match her or eliminate her from unidentified remains? :(

Frustrating.

Rigonski is not a common name but there was another Rosemarie that was listed in NY who was much, much older.
Has anyone looked up marriage records? I tried but I'm not that great at records searches. It just seems bizarre that she would be so active in a community, she was in the newspaper all the time, and then nothing.

Wow, they lived like right across the street from the Ohio River.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back