Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if her phone had a pass code.

I had asked that as well - my phone has a code on the first screen and you can't get by it to text unless you know the code.

JMO
I do not think a stranger did this.
I don't think Cheryl sent those text messages.

Id like to know what was going on in her life days and weeks before her death!

I do too - we are focusing on Cheryl here but I wonder if her husband had any interactions with people that did not go well - work done on the home, the car, etc.

Well I can only speak for myself But I don't lock my phone anyone can use it!

If you have email on your phone or a banking app, you definitely should. Just my opinion :).

If you have email on your phone or a banking app, you definitely should. Just my opinion :).

Given Cheryl was a programmer and well aware of security risks/breaches - I would assume she would have one as well. But, how we live outside of work can be vastly different. I am very well organized at work and can track every deadline/plan in my head and on paper down to the minute. ...but you would never know it if you were a personal friend. I am forgetful and not so organized when it comes to my personal life. Security however is important to me so in that area I am consistent.

BBM
If you this mean that Cheryl was placed in the culvert on Sunday evening, and that the perp was someone close to her, how do you explain that she was seen on the home surveillance video alive, leaving a couple of minutes after her husband, as the LE said she had, and AFAIK her son, stryker57, have confirmed that she was seen on that video Monday morning. I know this crime doesn't make sense, but to say that known facts are not true isn't going to help.

Something I haven't seen being discussed is the book that was found in Cheryl's car. Was it her book, something she kept in the car, a manual or something to read while waiting for the carpool friend, was it a book she was going to lend or give to a friend/colleague, a book she had borrowed from a friend/colleague she intended to give back, or was it a library book she had intended to return? If it was a library book, it could explain why she had parked her car where it was found.

MOO

I do not think anything happened to her at home but wanted to chime in to say that I do not believe it was stated that CD was "seen" on the video. According to Stryker57, it was stated that the alarm system indicated she left (open door I assume) and the lights of her car lit up/reflected on the side of the home where she was parked ..indicating she was in her car leaving. The next video was a street cam showing a car that appeared to be CD's. I cannot find anything that states CD was 100% identifiable on video but still checking.

I do not think anything happened to her at home but wanted to chime in to say that I do not believe it was stated that CD was "seen" on the video. According to Stryker57, it was stated that the alarm system indicated she left (open door I assume) and the lights of her car lit up/reflected on the side of the home where she was parked ..indicating she was in her car leaving. The next video was a street cam showing a car that appeared to be CD's. I cannot find anything that states CD was 100% identifiable on video but still checking.

YAY I'm glad someone finally said it!
there are a lot of things that I question yet am not allowed at this time. LOL Waiting not so patiently.
I don't think the story of what happened as we know it is the real story!
All JMO

I meant it was possible for someone to be in her car that morning. You couldn't see her car on cameea. Just her walking around corner towards it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

He said CD could be seen walking around corner to her car.

Sorry this was to confirm Plt's query above.

Well I can only speak for myself But I don't lock my phone anyone can use it!

If she used her phone for work, such as work email, it's very likely passcode protected.

Hmm nothing new
Just catching up. Interesting to know that someone saw Cheryl's car parked at eight AM

Has anyone come up with a scenario about how her body came to be at the NW corner of the t-intersection?

The blue arrows represent Lyon Creek.

attachment.php
attachment.php

I believe that she was quickly dragged off of the street on 58th and driven east to Cedar Way then south. Turning the car(van) right on 205th, pulling over, you would be 3 feet from where her body was discovered and would take about 5 seconds to dump her in that culvert. AND the passenger side (van door side) would be hidden from most traffic. Drive away and to the freeway in about 3 more minutes. Question is to me, what happened in that car (van) in the 5 minute ride to 205th? Kept her purse and cell phone. Knew enough not to use it. Probably in a lake, hole or garbage dump now.

Meth head and his buddy, superbowl sunday.. drinking, partying evolves into doing dope. Driving around in a van. Early morning, out of money and dope. Spent the last few hours parked in the park and ride. Desperate for more. Hatch a hazy plan to rob someone. Drive around 58th. See CD standing in the road, next to the car testing. Pull up, door slides open, try to grab the purse, she comes with it in the van. Everyone's, freaked out CD and perp. She keels over. Panic ensues. Driver drives. First available spot, on the corner of 205th and Cedar. Pulls over, door slides open, body rolled into the culver. Van drives off to I-5. Enough sense to not use the cards or phone since there is an assault (at least). CD incapacitated in the culvert, drowns. ME trying to figure out if heart caused the drowning or drowning cause the heart.

Meth head and his buddy, superbowl sunday.. drinking, partying evolves into doing dope. Driving around in a van. Early morning, out of money and dope. Spent the last few hours parked in the park and ride. Desperate for more. Hatch a hazy plan to rob someone. Drive around 58th. See CD standing in the road, next to the car testing. Pull up, door slides open, try to grab the purse, she comes with it in the van. Everyone's, freaked out CD and perp. She keels over. Panic ensues. Driver drives. First available spot, on the corner of 205th and Cedar. Pulls over, door slides open, body rolled into the culver. Van drives off to I-5. Enough sense to not use the cards or phone since there is an assault (at least). CD incapacitated in the culvert, drowns. ME trying to figure out if heart caused the drowning or drowning cause the heart.

Yep, very possible IMO. And they wouldn't use her phone or bank cards because they never meant to kill anyone and they're also not doped up enough to want to risk going to prison for murder if they get busted using her cards/phone.

If Cheryl usually had at least some cash on her, possibly more, that would also have helped their decision to not risk using the cards. That's why I wondered a couple of pages ago if it had ever been said whether Cheryl carried cash on her, or if she preferred to just have some change and otherwise use debit or credit cards.

I believe that she was quickly dragged off of the street on 58th and driven east to Cedar Way then south. Turning the car(van) right on 205th, pulling over, you would be 3 feet from where her body was discovered and would take about 5 seconds to dump her in that culvert. AND the passenger side (van door side) would be hidden from most traffic. Drive away and to the freeway in about 3 more minutes. Question is to me, what happened in that car (van) in the 5 minute ride to 205th? Kept her purse and cell phone. Knew enough not to use it. Probably in a lake, hole or garbage dump now.

I think she got in a car with someone she knows!
Went downhill from there.

Yep, very possible IMO. And they wouldn't use her phone or bank cards because they never meant to kill anyone and they're also not doped up enough to want to risk going to prison for murder if they get busted using her cards/phone.

If Cheryl usually had at least some cash on her, possibly more, that would also have helped their decision to not risk using the cards. That's why I wondered a couple of pages ago if it had ever been said whether Cheryl carried cash on her, or if she preferred to just have some change and otherwise use debit or credit cards.

I don't think it was a robbery!
I think this was between her and whomever did this...
I'm starting to think it has something to do with work.

I think she got in a car with someone she knows!
Went downhill from there.

That would make it easy for investigators. There couldn't be that many people who could benefit in any material way from this nice woman dying. If she was already bleeding (do we know that to be true for sure?) then her blood would be in that person's car. If it was a hit, that makes it more complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would make it easy for investigators. There couldn't be that many people who could benefit in any material way from this nice woman dying. If she was already bleeding (do we know that to be true for sure?) then her blood would be in that person's car. If it was a hit, that makes it more complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, we don't.

It was said there were small cuts on her fingers, but not if the cuts bled.

It was said there was blood found in her car, but not if it was fresh blood, or even how much.

I'm sure LE knows. But they have not released that information (which might be on purpose, or only because nobody asked them about it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member