Bosma Murder Trial 03.21.16 - Day 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't it also tweeted that DM went to SS's wedding, and that SS had been to DM's home a few times, and DM had 'recruited' from his previous job, bromance in full effect

I wonder who DM's date to the wedding was????

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Schlatman: There was no interior, the seats were gone, the carpets were gone. It was a barefloor, and a dash #Bosma

Schlatman says he mentioned that, but Millard brushed it off. And told him what he wanted done with the truck #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Asked DM about that. "He didn't really give me an answer. Brushed me off, went into telling me what he wanted to do w the truck." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
When Schlatman showed at hangar Wed May 8, first thing he saw was black pickup truck "parked in the middle of the hangar."

Schlatman said he asked Millard how he got the truck to the hangar. Millard told him he drove on a pail #Bosma

asked him how he'd gotten it there. DM said he drove it sitting on a pail. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Millard said he bought truck to go to Baja. Said he bought it in Kitchener. Seats, carpet gone, says Schlatman. Millard said he sat on pail.

SS says in years of being his mechanic, DM had never purchased a vehicle in that state. #Bosma

Schlatman says in his 7 years knowing Millard, he had not purchased a vehicle with an interior like that - totally stripped #Bosma

Millard never bought vehicle in stripped state before. Schlatman says he asked about why it was stripped, didn't get an answer.

Upside down or right side up?! :thinking::waitasec: Because DM was so full of IT. :cow:

I wonder who DM's date to the wedding was????

At this point it's hard to say. Looks like in 2012, DM was still friendly with the ex, had a known girlfriend in CN and an affair with LB. I wonder what month the wedding was in?

MOO

Does anyone else find it curious that in light of charges against DM, MB decided to keep MA employee, SS on the job?

SS testified today that after DM's arrest he was essentially MA's secretary? Wow. First he's a vehicle mechanic for a hangar that has no active business with planes etc. and then he became the business secretary? There's a reason why MB didn't let go of certain people after DM was arrested and IMO, it was to ensure they were kept content to remain supportive of DM, IMO. Just my opinion!

IMO, it would make more sense to let go of all the old staff that could have had anything to do with the alleged crime. If it were me, and I believed by son was innocent, I would likely be suspicious of those around him and wondering if they could be trusted. The continued employment of SS seems very odd to me.

All MOO.

So tell me something. What kind of used vehicle dealer is there where you can buy a truck with the interior ripped out, a half missing passenger window and a bunch of blood in it, and they let you just drive it off the lot with no insurance while sitting on a pail? You'd think that SS had not one clue about vehicles and how things work legally wouldn't you?

MOO

Now seeing texts from Thursday, May 9. Millard called Schlatman's phone twice that afternoon. Schlatman says he missed both calls. Millard asks him to "throw two boxes of satin white spray paint in the Yukon plz." Millard wasn't at the hangar at that time.
by Adam Carter 12:51 PM

Schlatman says he didn't know why he wanted that spray paint.
by Adam Carter 12:52 PM

Each box would have six cans in it, he says.
by Adam Carter 12:52 PM

"I would've had it for touching up trailers," Schlatman says. He kept cases of black and white paint. "I'm not sure why he asked for it."
by Adam Carter 12:53 PM

Schlatman says he "noticed on Thursday or Friday" that the trailer was gone.
by Adam Carter 12:54 PM

DM was getting desperate and was going to do his own paint job on TB's truck? Momma's garage, farmland? Not so sure 12 cans of spray paint would have been enough, unless he was going to get MS with his graffiti skills to paint the truck like a zebra. Hmm also black spray paint available...MM's HD's special Millardair paint job. MOO.

Not to mention the truck and the ripped out carpet were sitting on a tarp in the hangar as if someone was working on it. And it was the day after everyone received an unexpected day off due to airport politics. Just... wow. I don't how SS could have believed any of this.

May would not have been an extremely cold month. According to previous testimony from Plaxton, the camera was adjusted, aimed at the hangar wall a week prior. SS had the app for the camera on his phone....hmmm. Someone knows more about a truck theft than he is letting on and I hope the Crown takes the wind out of his sails. MOO.

So Charlie the IT guy sets up two cameras in a huge multi million dollar hangar, one inside and one outside (I have two at my house) that are controlled by an app on the car mechanic's phone (who does nothing for the actual MRO) and the outdoor one is set to default to facing a wall when it gets cold outside? The other is set to facing the ground in one small doorway area of the hangar? What??

I don't expect to hear much truth from the actual Charlie the IT guy, if we ever hear from him at all, so it appears that everyone "employed" by DM is in CYA mode. What a party it must have been around that hangar. I have no doubt that AS was telling the absolute truth with the way he saw things.

MOO

I wonder why SS and his wife decided May 6/7th, was a good time to buy new phones? MOO.

He did say they'd been planning on it anyway and suddenly had a day off. That's either true, or not.

Not to mention the truck and the ripped out carpet were sitting on a tarp in the hangar as if someone was working on it. And it was the day after everyone received an unexpected day off due to airport politics. Just... wow. I don't how SS could have believed any of this.

Wait...YES!! SH said he saw the ripped out carpet sitting on the tarp. But SS didn't? Another tall tale.

MOO

So Charlie the IT guy sets up two cameras in a huge multi million dollar hangar, one inside and one outside (I have two at my house) that are controlled by an app on the car mechanic's phone (who does nothing for the actual MRO) and the outdoor one is set to default to facing a wall when it gets cold outside? The other is set to facing the ground in one small doorway area of the hangar? What??

I don't expect to hear much truth from the actual Charlie the IT guy, if we ever hear from him at all, so it appears that everyone "employed" by DM is in CYA mode. What a party it must have been around that hangar. I have no doubt that AS was telling the absolute truth with the way he saw things.

MOO

BBM

And didn't AJ testify that SS was upset with him about calling CS about TB's truck? Am I remembering that correctly? If that's true and I'm not mistaken, that is so damning to SS, IMO.

All MOO.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 25s26 seconds ago
Schlatman involved with setting up security cameras at hangar. Only one inside. Usually faced front doors of hangar. Two outside cameras.
Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 14s15 seconds ago
Looking at shot of hangar from security camera, which Schlatman set up. #TimBosma
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 28s29 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Schlatman the Mechanic says he was the one who controlled the camera. He had an app on his phone #Bosma
Schlatman says he could see/change the location of the two cameras working at the MillardAir hangar from an app on his phone.
by Adam Carter 12:25 PM

This shot is not the orientation he would have used -- the camera was usually pointed towards the hangar floor area, Schlatman says.
by Adam Carter 12:25 PM
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s30 seconds ago
About to see video that jury has seen of 2 men and dog walking through hangar. Schlatman says this is not normal camera view.

I find these statements interesting. SS says, "he was the one who controlled the cameras"and "he could see/change the location", but was he ever asked directly if he did change the orientation? Why not? He just goes on to say that it's not the normal view, implying that someone else changed it. There's a lot that's not being said here.

Does anyone else find it curious that in light of charges against DM, MB decided to keep MA employee, SS on the job?

SS testified today that after DM's arrest he was essentially MA's secretary? Wow. First he's a vehicle mechanic for a hangar that has no active business with planes etc. and then he became the business secretary? There's a reason why MB didn't let go of certain people after DM was arrested and IMO, it was to ensure they were kept content to remain supportive of DM, IMO. Just my opinion!

IMO, it would make more sense to let go of all the old staff that could have had anything to do with the alleged crime. If it were me, and I believed by son was innocent, I would likely be suspicious of those around him and wondering if they could be trusted. The continued employment of SS seems very odd to me.

All MOO.

It doesn't seem odd to me at all. I'm sure at first MB didn't think her son had anything to do with this. Maybe at first, she assumed the truck was indeed bought in the KW area and DM had no idea it was a stolen truck and he only hid it in the trailer at her house because he panicked and didn't want to be involved in the investigation. I mean, when faced with possible horrifying news about someone you love (especially your own kid) it's a perfectly natural and normal reaction to give benefit of the doubt that they're actually innocent. So assuming (and yes, there's much assumption and speculation here since we can't have a sit down with MB or SS and ask these questions directly to them) MB felt this way at first, and assuming SS did too - that there was no way DM was actually involved in TB's disappearance, it does not seem odd at all to me that she'd keep him on as an employee to help her out with business at the hangar.

moo.

DM was getting desperate and was going to do his own paint job on TB's truck? Momma's garage, farmland? Not so sure 12 cans of spray paint would have been enough, unless he was going to get MS with his graffiti skills to paint the truck like a zebra. Hmm also black spray paint available...MM's HD's special Millardair paint job. MOO.

After re reading that I see that SS didn't receive the texts and the paint was not put into the Yukon? So he didn't try to use it? Did he not know where it was or did he just change his mind on something? Good idea that he may have considered painting the truck white before putting it in the trailer though swedie, to disguise it.

MOO

Everyone except for his Uncle, who it appears knew him from a young age, even cared for him for many of the formative years, and would have known his character very well. He certainly didn't do anything to protect DM in his testimony. I sensed the Uncle wasn't too fond of his nephew because of what he knows he's capable of.

Just for clarity, am I the only one here who doesn't see a lot of half-truths, CYA-mode, etc., in SS's testimony? I know all we really have to go on is tweets but I'm just not getting the "liar vibe" from what I read today.

"...but I'm a little concerned out how that's going to play out." Schlatman says he thinks this was about #Bosma family.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Schlatman says he doesn't remember talking to Millard about #Bosma,"

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Toronto, Ontario
Schlatman says he does not recall talking to Millard about #Bosma case

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 56s56 seconds ago
"Ya, that's a tough all man. Have you considered going to cops? Tell me ya bought this truck but you think it's warm"

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 30s30 seconds ago
May 9, #Millard sends text to Schlatman: I can't stop thinking about what that family is going through. SS says he meant #TimBosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 20s20 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Text from Millard: "I want to take it back, but I'm a little concerned how that's going to play out."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s29 seconds ago
Schlatman says he had discussed truck with Jennings, who called CrimeStoppers and knew it was Bosma's. Schlatman never called cops.

I think I'm seeing something telling in these text messages...planning between SS and DM. That whole FRAMING ASPECT DP didn't want to get into and the OTHERS INVOLVED hahaha. SS is heading in the direction that DM bought the truck from someone in Kitchener. The person who DM bought TB's truck from is the "actual" murderer ;) and DM was just an innocent dupe looking for a diesel truck to buy AND coincidentally found TB's truck in Kitchener. After DM bought TB's truck, SS filled DM in on how he was now in possession of a stolen truck and the owner was murdered. Now in those texts SS is suggesting DM goes to the cops. DM is feeling so awful for the Bosma family now realizing this truck sitting in his hangar is stolen and the owner was murdered by someone else.

IMO it was all scripted and planned, those text messages to make it appear as DM now had a "warm" (hot as in stolen) truck on his hands. But of so coincidentally DM was on line looking at TB's truck. SS better be careful or else he's going to find himself perjuring himself and it ain't going to look pretty. He could end up finding himself behind bars also. Who knows, that might just happen anyhow after all is said and done. He may be facing charges we are not privy to because of the PB. IMO SS knew DM was up to no good and was planning on stealing a truck. There's a good reason why AJ and SS are no longer talking. AJ sees right through his SIL. ALL MOO.

It doesn't seem odd to me at all. I'm sure at first MB didn't think her son had anything to do with this. Maybe at first, she assumed the truck was indeed bought in the KW area and DM had no idea it was a stolen truck and he only hid it in the trailer at her house because he panicked and didn't want to be involved in the investigation. I mean, when faced with possible horrifying news about someone you love (especially your own kid) it's a perfectly natural and normal reaction to give benefit of the doubt that they're actually innocent. So assuming (and yes, there's much assumption and speculation here since we can't have a sit down with MB or SS and ask these questions directly to them) MB felt this way at first, and assuming SS did too - that there was no way DM was actually involved in TB's disappearance, it does not seem odd at all to me that she'd keep him on as an employee to help her out with business at the hangar.

moo.

I understand your point of view but I don't share it. DM was arrested quickly and within days of his first charges they were upgraded to 1st degree murder. Had I been in MB's position I would want no ties to anyone that worked at that "business" prior and would have hired new people if it was imperative that a business be operated from that site. It's all curious to me, especially since up to that time there had been no real business going on prior to TB's disappearance and apparently no income either for MA. I think SS had to that point been as loyal as possible to DM and MB and DM wanted to secure that kind of loyalty, IMO.

Anyway, I get that mothers can be in denial, but SS worked for MB until 2015 when so much more was known about the crime, and I cannot imagine why she needed his "secretarial skills", and therefore I think it makes more sense that she wanted him in the picture to keep him as much as possible on DM's side, IMO. Had she let him go, I imagine SS would have been upset and maybe his recollection of events would be different today, IMO.

All MOO.

Catching up here. Question, sorry if it has been addressed already: If SS left his key (iirc, it was a fob?) in the hangar and had to change the code, wouldn't that disallow other fobs from accessing unless SS had advised of the change in code and those other fobs were reprogrammed?

Just for clarity, am I the only one here who doesn't see a lot of half-truths, CYA-mode, etc., in SS's testimony? I know all we really have to go on is tweets but I'm just not getting the "liar vibe" from what I read today.

I'm not getting a liar vibe either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member