Bosma Murder Trial 03.21.16 - Day 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up here. Question, sorry if it has been addressed already: If SS left his key (iirc, it was a fob?) in the hangar and had to change the code, wouldn't that disallow other fobs from accessing unless SS had advised of the change in code and those other fobs were reprogrammed?

I wondered that myself.

So SS said cops talked to DM for over an hour. How come we're not hearing the details of that conversation?

Just for clarity, am I the only one here who doesn't see a lot of half-truths, CYA-mode, etc., in SS's testimony? I know all we really have to go on is tweets but I'm just not getting the "liar vibe" from what I read today.

On the surface I'm not either. (Then again I thought Hussey (first name escapes me) was sketchy and apparently I was a party of one on that one.)

But as people point out little inconsistencies about what he MUST have been aware of, I second-guess myself.

Generally, while I can see the rationale for certain individual behaviors (denial, loyalty, etc), I don't come away with a good impression of anyone who stayed that close to DM's orbit.

So SS said cops talked to DM for over an hour. How come we're not hearing the details of that conversation?

It's possible that there is still a witness who has yet to come onto the stand that can explain how the conversation went.
The trial isn't over yet.

I wondered that myself.

SS said he had no response about the key from DM and therefore SS had to change the code. Next we hear is SS received the text from DM not to come in to work Tuesday. So, how did DM access the hangar later Monday night if SS didn't have any further communication from DM until the next morning?

Sorry not all finished reading yet but he sent those texts to Shane while he was finished loading up the truck in the trailer and leaving it in his mother's driveway and he moved the incinerator into the woods with his girlfriend who was desperately trying to contact a guy names Haggerman. What was DM planning on doing with the truck?

Also interesting: DM was on his way to see his lawyer after going to the bank. Who was his lawyer? Deepak?

Maybe once SS got inside and found his key fob he changed the code back to the original setting?

All MOO.

Today's testimony is going to be a real bear for our timeline archivist. :)

On the surface I'm not either. (Then again I thought Hussey (first name escapes me) was sketchy and apparently I was a party of one on that one.)

But as people point out little inconsistencies about what he MUST have been aware of, I second-guess myself.

Generally, while I can see the rationale for certain individual behaviors (denial, loyalty, etc), I don't come away with a good impression of anyone who stayed that close to DM's orbit.

Something is bugging me for sure about SS but it's not that I think he's lying or telling half-truths (and maybe he is, heck, who knows at this point??)

I think it's that from the outside looking in we have this tendency to assume this person or that person HAD to know, or see, or guess at this or that. I don't think that's 100% fair though, mostly because I don't think we really know the extent of SS and DM's friendship/association. I mean, he works in the hangar, he's around a lot, went to Baja as DM's mechanic, he does this or that for DM but I can't only imagine DM kept him in the dark about a heck of lot.

The fact that he handed over his phone to LE, with all the texts between him and DM speaks volumes to me. That's not a CYA-mode thing to do. A CYA thing to do is delete all those texts THEN hand over the phone. Or, just lose the phone entirely.

moo

SS said he had no response about the key from DM and therefore SS had to change the code. Next we hear is SS received the text from DM not to come in to work Tuesday. So, how did DM access the hangar later Monday night if SS didn't have any further communication from DM until the next morning?

Good question!

SS had an app on his phone to control the camera's. Are we to assume that SS was responsible for hangar security? AJ's testified that no one went back to the hangar after work was done. Has me wondering who "no one" would be referring to since SS had full control of the camera's, I'm assuming he was also able to get the video streamed to his phone. Just not getting SS's testimony around this. Did he not notice that the camera's weren't on their usual views? Secondly, how would SS have changed the code? Another app on his phone? SS's testimony does seem a bit convoluted. MOO

As far as communication between SS and AJ, I just automatically suspected it probably had something to do with them being witnesses in this case. I don't believe the Crown would want witnesses collaborating evidence. MOO

Something is bugging me for sure about SS but it's not that I think he's lying or telling half-truths (and maybe he is, heck, who knows at this point??)

I think it's that from the outside looking in we have this tendency to assume this person or that person HAD to know, or see, or guess at this or that. I don't think that's 100% fair though, mostly because I don't think we really know the extent of SS and DM's friendship/association. I mean, he works in the hangar, he's around a lot, went to Baja as DM's mechanic, he does this or that for DM but I can't only imagine DM kept him in the dark about a heck of lot.

The fact that he handed over his phone to LE, with all the texts between him and DM speaks volumes to me. That's not a CYA-mode thing to do. A CYA thing to do is delete all those texts THEN hand over the phone. Or, just lose the phone entirely.

moo

I don't get the feeling that SS is lying either. I think he was somewhat in awe of the Boss and felt privileged to have the job he held (therefore IMO in denial, defensive of the Boss).

I recall SS posting in an internet automotive forum about DM bringing the Camaro from Nevada. He didn't refer to DM as "my buddy" or "my friend" .. it was "my boss". At the time, I recall thinking he had admiration for DM.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s37 seconds ago
The video, (in black and white) shows two people and a dog entering the hangar at 1:33am on May 7, 2013. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 18s19 seconds ago
Outside cameras shut down in extreme cold and went to default position to face wall.[/U] He could see camera views from his phone app.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 14s15 seconds ago
Looking at shot of hangar from security camera, which Schlatman set up. #TimBosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 26s26 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
This is a screen shot of the security footage #Bosma
[video=twitter;711951682599522304]https://twitter.com/ShannonMartinTV/status/711951682599522304[/video]

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 28s29 seconds ago Toronto, Ontario
Schlatman the Mechanic says he was the one who controlled the camera. He had an app on his phone #Bosma

hmmmm it was early may....no extreme cold temps.

This is just me but it REALLY REALLY bugs me, when a guy who is supposedly telling the truth, and gives testimony shows up to court in pair of jeans and hoodie, then as he leaves court, covers his face by hiding in that hoodie hood. I hate that.

Lisa Williams did it too. She covered her face with a folder.

If you're telling the truth and you have nothing hide why are you covering your face LIKE CRIMINALS DO IN THE BACK OF A POLICE CRUISER.

This may get deleted and I understand, but it really bugs me.

moo

Do we know he handed over his phone? Do we know if he even had the phone with the texts from Monday and early Tuesday since he changed phones that day? Is there some reason why we shouldn't believe that DM was still in possession of his phone <modsnip> and that LE got all the messages from these phones?

MOO

I don't get the feeling that SS is lying either. I think he was somewhat in awe of the Boss and felt privileged to have the job he held (therefore IMO in denial, defensive of the Boss).

I recall SS posting in an internet automotive forum about DM bringing the Camaro from Nevada. He didn't refer to DM as "my buddy" or "my friend" .. it was "my boss". At the time, I recall thinking he had admiration for DM.

Well since DM purchased that Camaro and it appears SS was just selling it recently, did he buy that Camaro FOR his "employee" SS? I think DM and SS struck up a good friendship while SS was working at National. And DM, like it appears he does with all his "friends" wanted to buy SS's friendship even more so he hired him on to do nothing....or everything depending on how you look at it.

MOO

moo

I agree he's been way less sketchy than we may have believed, and those texts from DM make it clear that SS was outside of the plan. But I do still pause at the fact that he didn't call the police. He knew it was Tim's truck, even if they were playing word games with "hypothetically". He knew Tim's family was in turmoil--because DM commented on it.

(Just because I point these things out doesn't mean I see the world in black and white, I suppose I'm just disappointed at how many people were NOT willing to pick up a phone and call the police when a man's life was on the line. And I do still recognize that SS is coming across as relatively honest, and I don't think he was involved in the plan--at least not knowingly.)

As far as communication between SS and AJ, I just automatically suspected it probably had something to do with them being witnesses in this case. I don't believe the Crown would want witnesses collaborating evidence. MOO

rsbm

I wondered about that too but is it reasonable to expect that witnesses, especially those who happen to be family members, not communicate with one another about anything for almost 3 years?

I'd be surprised if such a strict condition was stipulated, but I guess it's possible.

All MOO.

SS had an app on his phone to control the camera's. Are we to assume that SS was responsible for hangar security? AJ's testified that no one went back to the hangar after work was done. Has me wondering who "no one" would be referring to since SS had full control of the camera's, I'm assuming he was also able to get the video streamed to his phone. Just not getting SS's testimony around this. Did he not notice that the camera's weren't on their usual views? Secondly, how would SS have changed the code? Another app on his phone? SS's testimony does seem a bit convoluted. MOO

The Crown can't prevent two relatives from speaking with each other because they are both witnesses in a trial. They have their original statements. When these people testify, they are doing so based on what they said to LE 3 years ago, not on what they think today after colluding with each other after the fact. It's when the defense gets up and has them change their minds about their testimony, as in the case of LW, that makes witness tampering or collusion look like a possibility.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member