Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the sensitive info that isn't being released has come from her doctor, and that she was suffering from depression.

I would agree with you completely if there wasnt so much other crap involved. IMO...

I dont think she would be worried about making dinner that night or even going to work for that matther. I dont believe she would throw herself in a culvert with a bag over her head! (I am sorry Stryker for saying that). I just dont buy any of it. It is true, the police dep. is right next to the library and the library is right next to the park! It is crazy!

My question is... are there NOT any cameras around a police dept? I mean really?

There is a reason police focused primarily upstream on there search of the area. They did use dogs. I don't want to comment on what police have not released at this time.

Personally I think it has a great vantage point of traffic from all 3 directions and is a convenient location to back in and place a body into the culvert.

Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I am daft but how would water get into Cheryl's lungs if the plastic bag was tight/sealed enough to cause affiliation?
I have not seen info suggesting it was watertight, or describing those type of details for that matter.

We also don't know (not released anyways) if she was being drowned and then the bag over her head...we don't know the order in which they occurred.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

I feel really weird like almost psychic but thats the wrong word just like really in tune with the universe..freaking finding what i thought was a dude with a bag over his head last week. You know what dispatchers first thoughts were? My own safety and if someone was in the area... I commented about the guy earlier. Crazy. Why arent police saying this doesnt appear to be suicide? Seems like itd be impossible to commit suicide this way. Sounds like obviously cops dont have evidence od a murder...but that doesnt mean that didnt happen. Why did this take a month to come out?! Are there any other cases of people committing suicide or being killed this way? Also, how can you die of both things? Like how can a ME determine which one killed you or if was both? Didnt it have to be one??? & even then itd be hard to tell?

“At this point in the investigation, there is nothing to suggest DeBoer’s death was the result of an act of homicidal violence,” Police Chief Greg Wilson said in the statement.

Umm, Chief Greg - she was found in a drainage culvert with a plastic bag over her head and with all due respect, this suggests homicidal violence.

And to anyone thinking 'she could have walked to the culvert 1.5 miles away, trashed her purse and phone along the way, secured the bag over her own head and then submerged her head in the water of the culvert to drown herself', I will just say it now - NO - stop it.

Surely, this is not what Chief Greg meant to say and if it was, there will never be a resolution to this case and the murderer will go free because the police department is STUPID.
On top of that why is Crimestoppers still offering the reward ...

Maybe the sensitive info that isn't being released has come from her doctor, and that she was suffering from depression.

Possibly, but I am wondering how even someone very resourceful could drown herself and be asphyxiated, even if she had depression. (Pretty much everyone I know is on anti-depressants, so while protected by hippa, I have a hard time believing it would be a big enough deal to even stand out as sensitive info in an investigation.)

I feel like I may be the only one who believes her death could be a suicide. I thought so ever since police were wishy washy about manner of death. I felt like the badge thing was on purpose, to have co-worker go on ahead. Also the method used is not that rare. Someone I know used this same sort of method. She too had plans, things going on, seemed "normal". You really never know. But I hope that the family is given all, if any, computer evidence, correspondence etc...to support the theory of suicide if it exists. It is always nearly impossible to believe.

And if somehow she was murdered, of course I hope the perp can be found. Jmo

Obviously something wrong in your life if you are murdered???

I think she meant IF it was suicide; meaning Cheryl may have had some internal struggle.
Could be wrong but that's what I thought Eileen730 meant

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I feel like I may be the only one who believes her death could be a suicide. I thought so ever since police were wishy washy about manner of death. I felt like the badge thing was on purpose, to have co-worker go on ahead. Also the method used is not that rare. Someone I know used this same sort of method. She too had plans, things going on, seemed "normal". You really never know. But I hope that the family is given all, if any, computer evidence, correspondence etc...to support the theory of suicide if it exists. It is always nearly impossible to believe.

And if somehow she was murdered, of course I hope the perp can be found. Jmo

I understand what you are saying. The only reason I could see someone going through this particular series of actions to take her own life would be to make it look like her death was caused by homicide--and a random act, at that.

And I still have GREAT trouble believing that is the case here. (My goodness, with a chemistry background, she could find a more pleasant way to go. And, she seems like someone who would write a note.)

The ONLY reason I could possibly see for her staging her own death to look like a homicide ending in the culvert, would be to make sure that her family would get insurance money. I don't think that's what happened here, but I have an open mind.

stryker58- obviously you and your family have had this information before the news was released so you have had time to process this a little. I got the alert on my phone as I was leaving work today. My heart sank. I have thought about your mom and your family every day since she went missing. I am so terribly sorry. I don't feel the words help much- it certainly doesn't bring her back or give you any answers.

What can we do for you? I live in Seattle. I know we're strangers here- but I feel compelled and if there is anything I can do for you or your Dad please let us know.

This manner of death feels personal to me and amateurish. It also feels less violent than other ways people murder. I hate not knowing.

But, some people do thrill kills. We had one here a couple years ago when Dinh Bowman killed Yancy Noll for "fun"

I would agree with you completely if there wasnt so much other crap involved. IMO...

I dont think she would be worried about making dinner that night or even going to work for that matther. I dont believe she would throw herself in a culvert with a bag over her head! (I am sorry Stryker for saying that). I just dont buy any of it. It is true, the police dep. is right next to the library and the library is right next to the park! It is crazy!

My question is... are there NOT any cameras around a police dept? I mean really?
And...police unit locations the am of the 8th should be determined, and dash cam video of those units reviewed- of units in the immediate area or leaving to calls or returning to station for possible suspicious vehicles, persons...the incident not noticed, and perhaps the plate # of the vehicle that had been in the later empty space that was parked behind Cheryl.

I understand what you are saying. The only reason I could see someone going through this particular series of actions to take her own life would be to make it look like her death was caused by homicide--and a random act, at that.

And I still have GREAT trouble believing that is the case here. (My goodness, with a chemistry background, she could find a more pleasant way to go. And, she seems like someone who write a note.)

The ONLY reason I could possibly see for her staging her own death to look like homicide ending in the culvert, would be to make sure that her family would get insurance money. I don't think that's what happened here, but I have an open mind.

Insurance will pay out for suicide if you have had your policy for more than 2 years.

Did anyone see the husbands post in comments on the MLT news FB page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member