DCF Shelter Hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to thank you Oregonmama- your posts are balanced, thoughtful and enlightening. Social work does not pay well yet usually requires a college degree- I have found social workers to be hard working and dedicated people- trying to make a difference- trying to do good. It's the system that is broken- for the most part- not the people. I appreciate your take on things.

And now we wait once again. I am sure it is for the good of the girls. I have faith.

Wo, sure looked like it. AND so friendly & jovial with his attorney... like just another sunny day before the judge over custody of the kiddos.

Now you tell me.... any man, arrested for the brutal death of his wife, & mother of his children, would NOT have that sort of jolly demeanor IF he was falsely accused, arrested, charged & jailed.

His wife murdered & kids at the mercy of DCF currently---this would be gut wrenching for an innocent man. But ooooh noooo... not for Marky Boy. Hope the SOB tripped on his LCSO Vintage Waist Chains getting back into the Limo-Van headed back to the all-inclusive Cell Block NoWhere. Hey Mark.... they left the light on for ya.

Yes- it was a wink and a big smile. Flirting with the attorney- disgusting. Are we surprised? It is SO- Mark Sievers. Pig.

These sociopathic monsters always think they are so special but they are all the same.

Yes- it was a wink and a big smile. Flirting with the attorney- disgusting. Are we surprised? It is SO- Mark Sievers. Pig.

Wo, sure looked like it. AND so friendly & jovial with his attorney... like just another sunny day before the judge over custody of the kiddos.

Now you tell me.... any man, arrested for the brutal death of his wife, & mother of his children, would NOT have that sort of jolly demeanor IF he was falsely accused, arrested, charged & jailed.

His wife murdered & kids at the mercy of DCF currently---this would be gut wrenching for an innocent man. But ooooh noooo... not for Marky Boy. Hope the SOB tripped on his LCSO Vintage Waist Chains getting back into the Limo-Van headed back to the all-inclusive Cell Block NoWhere. Hey Mark.... they left the light on for ya.

Good summarization msboo. Just another normal day for Mark, a smile and a wink for the pretty YOUNG lawyer.
Probably even got a sniff of her hair while he was whispering to her. SMH
There was absolutely NOTHING about this hearing that was smile-worthy.
Like Frigga says, "me no likey"

UGH He is so creepy. I have no earthly clue what TS saw in him except the fact that he tricked her in the beginning then she was too busy and distracted once they had children before she realized the truth and finally was getting ready to leave before her murder. *side eye*

UGH He is so creepy. I have no earthly clue what TS saw in him except the fact that he tricked her in the beginning then she was too busy and distracted once they had children before she realized the truth and finally was getting ready to leave before her murder. *side eye*

I've wondered the same as many others here have. While it's nice when a man is charming, a charmer is a Red Flag many times. He struck me that way, reading/hearing different people 'talk' (interviews). AmazonRain described The Real MS early on. I think about TS family members & how they may have perceived him over time, what they saw, little things that may have popped up... some of those quiet "oh" moments. Although they lived miles apart they did spend quality time together as a family, from the described somewhat regular 'vaca get together' plans. Whatever attracted TS to MS in the beginning we don't know, other than fake charm (certainly wasn't his flair for fashion). Guess she was too busy to really address what really was, life was too busy, etc BUT in the end it appears she was going to address everything. MS saw the writing on the wall... now he's behind that wall.

Good summarization msboo. Just another normal day for Mark, a smile and a wink for the pretty YOUNG lawyer.
There was absolutely NOTHING about this hearing that was smile-worthy. . . .

A guess as to what he whispered: "Clarice, you use Evian skin cream. And sometimes you wear L'Air du Temps. But not today." But seriously, why wouldn't he be smiling? A hearing is the highlight of his day now. Think what the rest must be like, and what it will be like, all the rest of his days.

That little clip, of MS smiling, laughing and winking at a hearing about the care and comfort of his daughters (who have been through hell) is the true MS. I cannot wait for the day that he is convicted and sentenced. He is a monster and has done a great job of showing everyone what little regard he has for anyone outside of himself. On the day he is convicted and/or sentenced, I promise to offer a smile and a wink on behalf of Teresa.

A guess as to what he whispered: "Clarice, you use Evian skin cream. And sometimes you wear L'Air du Temps. But not today." But seriously, why wouldn't he be smiling? A hearing is the highlight of his day now. Think what the rest must be like, and what it will be like, all the rest of his days.

Good one, Matlacha... I need a chuckle.

He probably has access to Rosetta Stone.... Oui ?

attachment.php
There was absolutely NOTHING about this hearing that was smile-worthy.
Like Frigga says, "me no likey"

If you consider his smugness and winks and smiles while wearing handcuffs is sort of like when you are driving down the street on a 95 degree day and you have the a/c vents pointed in your direction keeping you cool then you see the smug sweaty punk walking down the street looking you directly in the eyes with that smug look. I don't know if smug sweaty walker lost his license to a DUI or can't afford a car or whatever the circumstance. Wear humbleness in your given situation

Attachments

• classic.gif
    classic.gif
    170.4 KB · Views: 241
I'm not making excuses for DFC- thank goodness I've never been in a situation where I had to deal with that agency. I'm sure there are good, thorough case workers and crappy ones- just like in every other entity. What I think I know is by and large, they are understaffed and underpaid for the most important work. Kind of like teachers.
Here's my point, though. This must be a difficult decision to make for them. Both sets of grandparents want custody of the children. I'm sure both sets love them equally. But, let's face facts: I am a good 20+ years younger than the grand mom's in this situation and raising teenagers, even in the best of situations is not for the faint of heart nor for someone who might not have the sheer physical stamina to keep up with activities, school projects, sports, dating (when the time comes).
Add the emotional/mental state a parent of teenagers must either have or adopt even when there are not extenuating circumstances these girls are in is going to be TOUGH.
I realize, in today's society there are many grandparents raising their grandchildren for various reasons. My hat is OFF to them! I would do the same if I had to do so BUT, the thought of me literally starting over is not something I'm longing to do.
Both grandparents were living their lives without a single thought they would be put in this situation. The reality of day to day life probably hasn't even set in with them. Heck, they are still shell shocked over TS's death and MS's arrest! They haven't been given a chance to grieve yet.
I certainly don't know what is best for these girls, but it sure would be nice if brother or sister could take guardianship, and let the grandparents stay grandparents. Is that even an option? I have no idea but it seems like the best one to me.

Poor grand mom's, BS totally included. I just think their minds will be so occupied with losing their own children to death and to jail that it will be hard for either set to fully embrace raising the girls. Maybe I'm not giving either one enough credit. I am just thinking if I were in either one of their shoes, it would be extremely hard to reconcile losing their own children AND becoming a parent again without the least bit of "warning".
So, all of that said, the case workers at DFC have a dilemma. One of them will be chosen and the other not. I pray that in and of itself doesn't drive even a larger wedge between the grandparents. You know they must harbor just a bit of bitterness towards one another- especially TS's mom.
Maybe I'm way off base here. I hope so anyway.

I'm not making excuses for DFC- thank goodness I've never been in a situation where I had to deal with that agency. I'm sure there are good, thorough case workers and crappy ones- just like in every other entity. What I think I know is by and large, they are understaffed and underpaid for the most important work. Kind of like teachers.
Here's my point, though. This must be a difficult decision to make for them. Both sets of grandparents want custody of the children. I'm sure both sets love them equally. But, let's face facts: I am a good 20+ years younger than the grand mom's in this situation and raising teenagers, even in the best of situations is not for the faint of heart nor for someone who might not have the sheer physical stamina to keep up with activities, school projects, sports, dating (when the time comes).
Add the emotional/mental state a parent of teenagers must either have or adopt even when there are not extenuating circumstances these girls are in is going to be TOUGH.
I realize, in today's society there are many grandparents raising their grandchildren for various reasons. My hat is OFF to them! I would do the same if I had to do so BUT, the thought of me literally starting over is not something I'm longing to do.
Both grandparents were living their lives without a single thought they would be put in this situation. The reality of day to day life probably hasn't even set in with them. Heck, they are still shell shocked over TS's death and MS's arrest! They haven't been given a chance to grieve yet.
I certainly don't know what is best for these girls, but it sure would be nice if brother or sister could take guardianship, and let the grandparents stay grandparents. Is that even an option? I have no idea but it seems like the best one to me.

Poor grand mom's, BS totally included. I just think their minds will be so occupied with losing their own children to death and to jail that it will be hard for either set to fully embrace raising the girls. Maybe I'm not giving either one enough credit. I am just thinking if I were in either one of their shoes, it would be extremely hard to reconcile losing their own children AND becoming a parent again without the least bit of "warning".
So, all of that said, the case workers at DFC have a dilemma. One of them will be chosen and the other not. I pray that in and of itself doesn't drive even a larger wedge between the grandparents. You know they must harbor just a bit of bitterness towards one another- especially TS's mom.
Maybe I'm way off base here. I hope so anyway.

I can't help but wonder why TS' mom was the one to move down to Florida. That must be hard on her to do that. But maybe she had already downsized in retirement and had less stuff to deal with. But why not AL? She's a writer so it would seem that she can live wherever she wants, and she certainly would be more compelling as a prospective parent due to her age. But it is what it is, and I just hope the court doesn't rule out MA for that reason.

I can't help but wonder why TS' mom was the one to move down to Florida. That must be hard on her to do that. But maybe she had already downsized in retirement and had less stuff to deal with. But why not AL? She's a writer so it would seem that she can live wherever she wants, and she certainly would be more compelling as a prospective parent due to her age. But it is what it is, and I just hope the court doesn't rule out MA for that reason.

I know we aren't supposed to sleuth family members but I recall reading here she was married with kids. For some reason, maybe because TS's mom said she knew TS gave AL some money through the years (paraphrasing), I thought AL was single.
She does have a job which, if she is like the rest of us, just cannot up and quit with nothing else lined up.
I really understand how difficult it would be when you have a life- obligations, jobs etc... to just upend it all and move 800 miles or however far it is. Yet I can't help but remember how TS's mom couldn't recall some facts during the interview and said she doesn't remember things like she used to.... Maybe that was really stress and not real forgetfulness.
I have no answers. I'm sure TS's family has plan in place. Her brother and sisters know their mom is older and how hard it would be. Maybe the her move is somewhat temporary- just for the coming months- however long it takes to sort out this mess.
That said, I hope BS and her partner have a long term plan as well. Again, maybe not serving Mark was not a failure on DFC's part. Maybe it was a plan. What is 4 weeks when we are talking about the lives of two young girls? Just a different perspective. (Hope I don't get beat up over it but I'm a big girl.)
ETA- Let me be clear. I, too, am ready for the girls to transition to the permanent living arrangement and the longer it takes for the decision to be made, the harder it will be on them. BUT, I think MS is going to take this to trial and even if the plan is to eventually move them to CT (good plan IMO) MS would never hear of it while he still has a voice as their rightful parent. So many factors to consider. I do not envy DFC's job in this.

YES, What an unexpected challenge. It brings tears to my eyes the sacrifice of changing your life for the love of Dr Theresa and her daughter's. I'm sure their plan will involve EVERYONE in the family....near and far. They will ALL chip in and step up to the plate. They seem like an amazing family.

Several pages ago I told of family members in a similar situation in Orange County (Orlando area) in Florida. The grandmother had to temporarily move to Orange County, Florida since DCF would not allow the child to leave Orange County for several months, till they OK'd the living situation with the child. After several months, including many unannounced visits by DCF, all was approved and both the grandmother and grandchild moved back north where the child has been living since. Maybe TS's mom is doing the same thing.

If my sibling, who admittedly I'm not super close to, was murdered and his wife was in jail for the murder... I would likely go and visit them and offer support in some way, but I live as far or more from my niece and nephews than TS's family. And I have small children of my own. I'm sure the family members who can't uproot and be a safe haven 100% of the time for those girls probably feel guilty. And they shouldn't. They will, I would, but they shouldn't. It's so heartbreaking in so many ways. I hope MS enjoys whoever his new manicure is for...

I wish we could see the video of MS being served with the petition for custody by TS's mother. No winks or smiles there! Still listed as not served yet ,but hope it's SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff