Australia Australia - Tamam Shud Case - Male, Dec 1948

I'm not sure that online is the right place to post these letters: too much testosterone and odd agendas in the air right now. :-(

I'm not sure that online is the right place to post these letters: too much testosterone and odd agendas in the air right now. :-(

Welcome nickpelling, are you connected to the case? (just wondering as you've been a member for ages but not posted before!)

Also, what do you mean about the odd agendas?

I've blogged about the Somerton Man (and numerous other historical cipher mysteries) for many years, but I'm not otherwise connected with the case.

As far as odd agendas go... the Internet is full of plenty of people who only want to accept those parts of the truth that support their preconceived picaresque notions about the Somerton Man, and who will go the extra mile (or hundred) to noisily discredit any and all other evidence that doesn't fit those notions.

I'm new to this site and and not sure if im posting correctly. I have a bundle of letters which relate to Jessica Thomson and I believe the Somerton Man Case. What would be the best way forward. Jazz

Just post all the letters here so we can read them. Doubt the case will ever be solved so what does it should be no harm if the letters are posted here.

I've been advised by the authorities not to do anything at this stage. I have spent ages having them all photocopied and scanned and they are being examined first. I have just sent them to Australia.

Hi there!, I don't live in Australia. I am already in touch with some organisations. They are being examined first.

I must admit that I had a good cry last night. I'm already being blogged about. This horrible man is saying some really nasty things about me. For the record I'm a woman and Jazz is my nickname. I'm being called a man and I apparently I am doing all these things. Police have been great about it but already I'm feeling really sad to the abuse. I'm even getting people trying to hack my email account and I've received hardcore *advertiser censored* in the mail. I'm currently using my iPhone because my laptop is being repaired. I'm sorry if I really slow at getting back to people. Is there a way in the Websleuths settings so I receive notifications when people respond?. Thanks and have a lovely Easter everyone. It's the weekend of reflection. :)

I've blogged about the Somerton Man (and numerous other historical cipher mysteries) for many years, but I'm not otherwise connected with the case.

As far as odd agendas go... the Internet is full of plenty of people who only want to accept those parts of the truth that support their preconceived picaresque notions about the Somerton Man, and who will go the extra mile (or hundred) to noisily discredit any and all other evidence that doesn't fit those notions.

I really don't know what these odd agendas are about Nick. Pete Bowes is really saying some horrible things and I have never even contributed to his site. Police have been informed about it all and they are closely monitoring what is going on.

Both Pete Bowes and Gordon Cramer have recently devoted entire webpages to openly abusing me, in ways that I consider utterly disrespectful, shabby, and perilously close to libellous.

Do they both have the kind of "odd agendas" I described above? It seems so to me. Re-reading my post above, it seems that the "noisily discredit" part was eerily accurate. I'd advise steering well clear of those rocks.

Both Pete Bowes and Gordon Cramer have recently devoted entire webpages to openly abusing me, in ways that I consider utterly disrespectful, shabby, and perilously close to libellous.

Do they both have the kind of "odd agendas" I described above? It seems so to me. Re-reading my post above, it seems that the "noisily discredit" part was eerily accurate. I'd advise steering well clear of those rocks.

I just found out today that I've been contributing to Gordon Cramer's bulletin blog when I haven't. I find it really disturbing that someone is pretending to be me. I don't want anything to do with Gordon Cramer and Pete Bowes and I really wish they would stop making references to me as I have never contributed to their site in the first place. This is the last time I'm ever going to make reference to them as far as I'm concerned they don't exist. The important issue here is giving this poor man a name. I'm really hoping these letters help and put an end to all of this.

While browsing through cases on this site and at Doe Network I noticed that two other unidentified people, both in the US, shared this chap's peculiarity of missing lateral incisors. Doing some reading up on this feature, it seems that it can have a genetic cause or arise apparently spontaneously. As there is a line of thought that he might have been an American or had links with the US (due to the stitching on his overcoat), I've been wondering if the other UIDs with the same feature could possibly be remote cousins of his.

Is there any way of comparing his DNA with that of other UIDs?

Obviously if there were a match it doesn't identify any of them, but if in future any one of them were to be identified by other means it might shortcut the identification of the others.

Hi all, no idea what's going on but got a quick question for Jacinta: having seen those letters do you believe this case will be solved and the ID of Somerton Man revealed?

Stay safe, peeps!

This is my first post her and a little shocked to see the words of Nick Pelling. Isn't there a rule about being disrespectful to others. Nick, you do have a reputation and I have observed all of the things that you have said about Gordon Cramer and Pete Bowes, I suspect that it is you with an agenda and you really shouldn't be bringing others in to disrepute. Unless of course this is not Nick Pelling that is showing up here?

This is my first post her and a little shocked to see the words of Nick Pelling. Isn't there a rule about being disrespectful to others. Nick, you do have a reputation and I have observed all of the things that you have said about Gordon Cramer and Pete Bowes, I suspect that it is you with an agenda and you really shouldn't be bringing others in to disrepute. Unless of course this is not Nick Pelling that is showing up here?

I didn't see Nick being disrespectful towards any one. And he's not bringing us into a dispute.

I don't see Nick Pelling doing that either. Websleuths is not the place for arguments and name calling. This is a site that is safe and I'm using it because I want to bring my information forward.

*UPDATE*

I have photocopied and scanned my letters and they are currently being looked at by the authorities. They will get back to me in due cause. I must state that the letters or close-ups / snippets have not been released to anyone else. Those claiming that they have are doing so for their own agenda.

The letters were written by a Mrs Margaret Alison Bean formerly Alison Verco of Adelaide. They were many references to Jo Thomson and her son Robin. I believe Jo was a nurse for Alison. Well that's how I have interpreted things from the letters. Things will come out in due cause, it just a matter of being patient.

I really don't know! Because there are so many names and references in the letters and they will all need checking out. One of the letters made reference to a lunch on the 30th November 1948. This sent goose pimples through my body. The letter was very intense indeed.

I really don't know! Because there are so many names and references in the letters and they will all need checking out. One of the letters made reference to a lunch on the 30th November 1948. This sent goose pimples through my body. The letter was very intense indeed.

Hi do anyone know how i can contact derek abbott asap

Also have another pic of this man Timo Vainonen.
541563_4379927790208_1445868806_n.jpg
and did a side by side of there ears
ears.jpg
there has to be some connection here.

He says that this isnt him, but i think only DNA will prove it for 100%

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads