Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for putting that together. This would explain why it is believed that she went into the creek East of the culvert. She was found on the West side of the culvert.
"T5, #701 - March 21
There is a reason police focused primarily upstream [east side of culvert] on there search of the area. They did use dogs. I don't want to comment on what police have not released at this time. Personally I think it has a great vantage point of traffic from all 3 directions and is a convenient location to back in and place a body into the culvert."​

But what is the explanation for the animal blood?

I have no idea. A bizarre red herring? An intended indication that no one was sitting in the passenger seat? For a while, beginning prior to the police chief's last burst of info, I've been tossing around the idea that someone (seemingly?) familiar approached Cheryl asking for a ride to the P&R as she got in her car at home.

What type of injured animal would you set down there? If you had no plans to ever drive your car again, why give it the floor? Squirrel? Feline blood, wouldnt seem anymore normal. Just because she has cats, that doesn't mean one of hers bled on the floor. Canine blood? Okay, but when?

I have no idea. A bizarre red herring? An intended indication that no one was sitting in the passenger seat? For a while, beginning prior to the police chief's last burst of info, I've been tossing around the idea that someone (seemingly?) familiar approached Cheryl asking for a ride to the P&R as she got in her car at home.

A familiar person doesn't explain the animal blood, and it complicates the scenario. There's animal blood in her car. Is it related to her disappearance? Family members report that the blood was fresh when it was found after 4PM on Feb 8.

Did Cheryl rescue an injured animal and then it vanished, did she put animal blood in her car, did a lunatic put it there?

Her car was parked in the same place at 8AM and when it was found by her husband. What kind of blood smears 8 hours after it was spilled?

What type of injured animal would you set down there? If you had no plans to ever drive your car again, why give it the floor? Squirrel? Feline blood, wouldnt seem anymore normal. Just because she has cats, that doesn't mean one of hers bled on the floor. Canine blood? Okay, but when?

If an animal blood spill in Cheryl's car preceded Feb 7, then it's not relevant. If an animal was bleeding out between 7 and 8AM on Feb 8 in the passenger seat, how could that blood smear 9 hours later?

Double DD Meats
http://www.doubleddmeats.com/

The butcher store's hours are Mon-Sat 9:00am-6:00pm, and they're closed on Sunday.

If meat were purchased there for her new kitty, OR family, it had to happen prior to 6:00pm Saturday.

This butcher shop has incredibly good reviews - I've had colleagues (randomly) sing their praises.
I'm of the opinion they're not in the habit of sending customers home with blood dripping from their packaging. Can my local neighbors speak to this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I can! This is a shop that has been here for years. Very nice people, family ran opereration, very clean. Every time we have gotten items from them they normally put in clear plastic and then wrapped in brown paper and then put in a paper bag.

I'm very curious to know what kind of animal blood it is. She could have come across a cat or dog hit by a car, picked it up and put it on the floor to take to a vet. There is a vet clinic nearby called A Pet Care Clinic. But where is the animal? And was there any blood on her clothes? It wasn't mentioned in the medical examiner's report. So was the blood staged and by whom?

A familiar person doesn't explain the animal blood, and it complicates the scenario. There's animal blood in her car. Is it related to her disappearance? Family members report that the blood was fresh when it was found after 4PM on Feb 8.

Did Cheryl rescue an injured animal and then it vanished, did she put animal blood in her car, did a lunatic put it there?

Her car was parked in the same place at 8AM and when it was found by her husband. What kind of blood smears 8 hours after it was spilled?

I don't think a person finding a way to get in her car and eventually harm her complicates the scenario unless you're assuming everything that happened to Cheryl and her car that day was by her hand.

I don't know anything about the properties of animal blood. Perhaps the fact that it was still smearable when her car was found is significant. Maybe it indicates someone accessed her car later in the day. Or maybe it isn't just blood. Menstrual blood can stay goopy for a good while. I don't know if there are any wildlife rehabbers, livestock, or a zoo nearby. Yes, I'm thinking a source of animal blood that didn't harm an animal.

I'm more wondering, how she could keep herself that well hidden, even after the fact....not wanting someone to see what you are going to do, yes I would get that. But she still was a person that was alive & walking. Other walkers/joggers could still remember jogging past a woman, that fit her description after the fact. If this happened that early, of course everyone that she could have passed, wouldn't know she was missing until that evening, or was going to end her life, but can anyone remember things now, just enough to possibly place her actually walking that mile? Not actually going into the culvert, just walking anywhere...

She was seen leaving her house. She was not seen getting into the car. A car like hers was seen at 7AM heading to work where it should be on surveillance video. It cannot be confirmed that she was driving.

I am in agreement with you!

Let's assume that she was not alone in her car after she started to drive to work.
What then?
Why is her vehicle heading to the usual "overflow" parking area at 7:00AM?

I have no idea!

There have been a lot of discussion about the animal blood, but I haven't seen any mentioning that any animal fur was found mixed in the blood, neither from Cheryl's son or the LE. If there had been an injured animal in the car that morning, there would also have been some traces of fur from that animal, as most animals have fur (unless it was a spynx cat or a mexican hairless dog), and an injured, hurt, stressed or scared animal sheds (and sheds a lot). Unless there is some kind of confirmation that animal hairs have been found, I don't believe a live animal was involved with the blood.

The more I have read about this case, and all the details, the more I get an impression about a recreation of an Agatha Christie or Dorothy Sayers novel. Did Cheryl love old detective stories, and was the intention of it all to (initially) confuse the LE and searchers that it was a suicide?

If an animal blood spill in Cheryl's car preceded Feb 7, then it's not relevant. If an animal was bleeding out between 7 and 8AM on Feb 8 in the passenger seat, how could that blood smear 9 hours later?

I agree. But maybe a family member or friend, had been in the car recently with Cheryl...and was certain, there wasn't any blood on the floor?

There have been a lot of discussion about the animal blood, but I haven't seen any mentioning that any animal fur was found mixed in the blood, neither from Cheryl's son or the LE. If there had been an injured animal in the car that morning, there would also have been some traces of fur from that animal, as most animals have fur (unless it was a spynx cat or a mexican hairless dog), and an injured, hurt, stressed or scared animal sheds (and sheds a lot). Unless there is some kind of confirmation that animal hairs have been found, I don't believe a live animal was involved with the blood.

The more I have read about this case, and all the details, the more I get an impression about a recreation of an Agatha Christie or Dorothy Sayers novel. Did Cheryl love old detective stories, and was the intention of it all to (initially) confuse the LE and searchers that it was a suicide?

I agree about the blood. I did search to see if animal blood on a car floor board was a copycat of a book, movie, or actual crime. I got one hit, a book that wasn't yet published though had reviews dating back to October from people with advanced copies. But the "animal blood on the floorboard" was inside someone's house and the excerpt was mostly dialogue that wasn't useful. The book is Cold Girl: A B.C. Blues Crime Novel by R.M. Greenaway.[h=1][/h]

BBM

Now that's an interesting idea about recreating a mystery novel. Where is Miss Marple when we need her?!!!

I think Stryker said the blood was still wet when Cheryl's husband found the car. So it would have been tacky, not dried.

It occurs to me that if the animal blood were in a sealed bag, a razor blade would be a convenient way to cut it open.

It occurs to me that if the animal blood were in a sealed bag, a razor blade would be a convenient way to cut it open.

And ~10 miles away from MLT, in Kirkland, is a veterinary blood bank. Another vet blood bank with online ordering has a FAQ, including a section on viability. Their canine and feline whole blood is only viable for 30-35 days. They also sell bovine blood, though it's much pricier than their cheapest $52 option.

The blood on the floor board may end up unraveling some of this mystery.

Does anyone have a reliable link to preferably a direct quote from LE or a verified family member that gives information about the amount of animal blood found?

I've seen the amount of blood described on this thread as 'large' and even as 'substantial', however the source I'd been using when I was considering the origin and reason for the animal blood even being present in the car states :

"Investigators have matched a “small amount” of blood found in the car to DeBoer’s, he said, though they are still trying to trace a larger sample discovered on the vehicle’s passenger floor board that is from an animal."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...y-no-evidence-cheryl-deboer-death-a-homicide/

Now how I read that, it doesn't suggest that the amount of blood was 'substantial' or even 'large'. My interpretation is that there was more animal blood than there was of Cheryl's blood, but it was not necessarily a large amount.

#867 in thread 5 Stryker said:

Also animal blood was fresh enough and of substantial quantity to be able to smear with your hand.​

His other mention (#958) of the blood in that thread:

Her previous job before working for the Hutch was as a chemist analyzing samples and providing reports to EPA, and other govt. agencies. She would know that it would be easy to distinguish animal blood from human blood. Very highly unlikely that she would attempt to poorly stage a scene like that.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy