Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #21 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://scscourt.org/general_info/news_media/newspdfs/garciatorres/MinuteOrder032116.pdf minutes from last Monday
http://scscourt.org/general_info/news_media/newspdfs/garciatorres/DA_Motion3.23.16.pdf - motion from the District Attorney who is handling this case
the motion is a must read and there is a declaration District Attorney Jeff Rosen

Definitely a must read, thank you.

Games, what a mess. Unprofessional on the part of defense.
They know pros has damning evidence against their smirking client.
Why not just get to trial.

Definitely a must read, thank you.

Games, what a mess. Unprofessional on the part of defense.
They know pros has damning evidence against their smirking client.
Why not just get to trial.

Because they'd lose big time. Still they'll clutch at straws and pray something else comes up in the meantime..

Maybe defense is planning a document dump on the 21st, clearly no time for prosecution to get through it before trial date 4 days later so another long delay. Geeze this is aggravating.

That would require a motions hearing to allow or disallow evidence, or another delay. Hopefully, there have already been enough delays and the court will insist that the trial move forward. I would love to hear why Sierra's DNA was found in the defendant's vehicle. I would also love to see her found.

everyone just a friendly reminder 20 days until the supposed start of the trial hope that justice for Sierra is served

I haven't read Sierra's thread often lately since I knew we weren't close to trial time for so long. Now that the trial is nearing I will be keeping up with the trial closely.

I have always felt the State has compelling evidence against AT for them to ask for the death penalty even though Sierra's remains are still missing. This DA is totally confident that he has the evidence to prove his case BARD or he wouldn't have ever decided to go for death. Once he proves the guilt of AT, and I believe he will, then that means the jury is convinced that AT did this unspeakable crime, and if that happens then he certainly deserves death and nothing less. I believe that is the exact sentence that will be handed down if they believe the DA has proven his case.

Of course like most defense attorneys do they are going to try and make the jury believe that Sierra could be coming through the courthouse doors at anytime since they will lamely claim she is nothing more than a runaway. Gah, I have heard that old line so many times before in other cases. The jury will not bite because I believe the evidence will convince them Sierra is not alive and was murdered by no one else other than the man charged. It is very common for a criminal like AT to elevate the violence level from assaults to kidnapping, rape, and murder. Murderers like him often have a criminal history involving other violent acts. Many are no longer satisfied with just an assault but yearn for the thrill of the kill and the power and domination they hold over a defenseless victim's life.

I don't think Sierra ever knew the monster who would windup taking her young life. She, like so many others was living a typical teenager's life, and in the blink of an eye a predator came along at the perfect time when no one was around. It shows how quickly predators can act when they see an opportunity to do so but we often see that in so many other cases of kidnappings, rapes and murders. Its as if they cruise the streets/roads/backroads looking for a victim and its uncanny how they always seem to be able to find one.:(

I keep thinking about all she must have gone through and how fearful she must have been of this brute before he finally took her life from her. It is heartbreaking and I know she had to be terrified. She knew at some point, this was not going to end well for her so she knew she was going to be killed. I cant begin to imagine the pain and suffering Sierra's parents have gone through when thinking about how their daughter must have suffered.

I had hope they would be able to find her body so she could be brought home and respectfully buried but so many times bodies are never recovered and more and more cases are 'missing' body cases. The good thing is in recent years I cant remember one missing body case that ended in an acquittal and imo, it will not happen in this one either. They have their man and they know it is him and they are going to prove it to his jury.

There was so much time for him to take her to a place the police or searchers wouldn't even know about. I think he may have taken her far away and burned her and then pulverized her remains. Sadly, I don't think Sierra's body will ever be found unless a hunter or camper goes in an area very few people go in and find her that way. That is really what usually happens in a lot of these type of cases where the body wasn't found. Years later someone unconnected to the case or victim will stumble upon the remains by happenstance.

I believe during the trial we are going to learn a lot of new evidence against AT. Cases like this are usually filled with a lot of compelling circumstantial evidence from forensics, to technology etc. and many experts in varying fields will take the stand imo. Judges tell juries that CE is powerful evidence and can be even more powerful many times than direct evidence. Imo, this will be one of those cases.

I have felt very comfortable about the validity of the Prosecutor's case once he announced he would be seeking the death penalty... which will make history I believe if AT gets it with her body still missing. That tells me he is very assured he has the evidence he needs and then some. No elected DA is going to stick their neck out and then come up short in a case of this magnitude. DAs are in it to win it as much or more so than the DT. The DTs main objective will be trying to save him from the death penalty. They always consider that a win if they can get one lone wolf to spare his worthless life.

I pray for all of Sierra's family,and friends. I hope God gives them the courage and strength they will need to get through this trial while having to sit just feet away from the one who brutalized their beautiful daughter/friend.

At last, Lady Justice is finally beginning to rise for Sierra and her family. Justice will be done imo. God bless them all.

ETA: One factor I have always used to determine if a person is most likely guilty and that is if they exercise their constitutional right and opt for a speedy trial or whether they are willing to waive it. Its been a good rule of thumb for me to use over the years.

Those who waived it are most often guilty and its proved BARD. It is just good common sense that no innocent person really would be willing to remain in jail locked away for many years without all of their freedoms.

sierralamar.jpgIt's four years of waiting for a family and three years since I've been in this thread - far too long.

Is the 25th April the actual first day of the trial, or the beginning of pre-trial proceedings as mentioned earlier in this thread?
One more question is this a judge only trial? TIA

View attachment 91603It's four years of waiting for a family and three years since I've been in this thread - far too long.

Is the 25th April the actual first day of the trial, or the beginning of pre-trial proceedings as mentioned earlier in this thread?
One more question is this a judge only trial? TIA
Hi, as far as I know the date is for pre-trial motions. It is a jury trial.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I haven't read Sierra's thread often lately since I knew we weren't close to trial time for so long. Now that the trial is nearing I will be keeping up with the trial closely.

I have always felt the State has compelling evidence against AT for them to ask for the death penalty even though Sierra's remains are still missing. This DA is totally confident that he has the evidence to prove his case BARD or he wouldn't have ever decided to go for death. Once he proves the guilt of AT, and I believe he will, then that means the jury is convinced that AT did this unspeakable crime, and if that happens then he certainly deserves death and nothing less. I believe that is the exact sentence that will be handed down if they believe the DA has proven his case.

Of course like most defense attorneys do they are going to try and make the jury believe that Sierra could be coming through the courthouse doors at anytime since they will lamely claim she is nothing more than a runaway. Gah, I have heard that old line so many times before in other cases. The jury will not bite because I believe the evidence will convince them Sierra is not alive and was murdered by no one else other than the man charged. It is very common for a criminal like AT to elevate the violence level from assaults to kidnapping, rape, and murder. Murderers like him often have a criminal history involving other violent acts. Many are no longer satisfied with just an assault but yearn for the thrill of the kill and the power and domination they hold over a defenseless victim's life.

I don't think Sierra ever knew the monster who would windup taking her young life. She, like so many others was living a typical teenager's life, and in the blink of an eye a predator came along at the perfect time when no one was around. It shows how quickly predators can act when they see an opportunity to do so but we often see that in so many other cases of kidnappings, rapes and murders. Its as if they cruise the streets/roads/backroads looking for a victim and its uncanny how they always seem to be able to find one.:(

I keep thinking about all she must have gone through and how fearful she must have been of this brute before he finally took her life from her. It is heartbreaking and I know she had to be terrified. She knew at some point, this was not going to end well for her so she knew she was going to be killed. I cant begin to imagine the pain and suffering Sierra's parents have gone through when thinking about how their daughter must have suffered.

I had hope they would be able to find her body so she could be brought home and respectfully buried but so many times bodies are never recovered and more and more cases are 'missing' body cases. The good thing is in recent years I cant remember one missing body case that ended in an acquittal and imo, it will not happen in this one either. They have their man and they know it is him and they are going to prove it to his jury.

There was so much time for him to take her to a place the police or searchers wouldn't even know about. I think he may have taken her far away and burned her and then pulverized her remains. Sadly, I don't think Sierra's body will ever be found unless a hunter or camper goes in an area very few people go in and find her that way. That is really what usually happens in a lot of these type of cases where the body wasn't found. Years later someone unconnected to the case or victim will stumble upon the remains by happenstance.

I believe during the trial we are going to learn a lot of new evidence against AT. Cases like this are usually filled with a lot of compelling circumstantial evidence from forensics, to technology etc. and many experts in varying fields will take the stand imo. Judges tell juries that CE is powerful evidence and can be even more powerful many times than direct evidence. Imo, this will be one of those cases.

I have felt very comfortable about the validity of the Prosecutor's case once he announced he would be seeking the death penalty... which will make history I believe if AT gets it with her body still missing. That tells me he is very assured he has the evidence he needs and then some. No elected DA is going to stick their neck out and then come up short in a case of this magnitude. DAs are in it to win it as much or more so than the DT. The DTs main objective will be trying to save him from the death penalty. They always consider that a win if they can get one lone wolf to spare his worthless life.

I pray for all of Sierra's family,and friends. I hope God gives them the courage and strength they will need to get through this trial while having to sit just feet away from the one who brutalized their beautiful daughter/friend.

At last, Lady Justice is finally beginning to rise for Sierra and her family. Justice will be done imo. God bless them all.

ETA: One factor I have always used to determine if a person is most likely guilty and that is if they exercise their constitutional right and opt for a speedy trial or whether they are willing to waive it. Its been a good rule of thumb for me to use over the years.

Those who waived it are most often guilty and its proved BARD. It is just good common sense that no innocent person really would be willing to remain in jail locked away for many years without all of their freedoms.

I also have faith in the DA's office because I know well somebody who works with ADA Boyd, another ADA.

I don't suppose the trial will be live-streamed? Does anyone know?

We don't have this info yet

Thanks! I'll keep checking back here. Hoping they do - how else will we know what's happening? Newspapers don't send reporters to cover trials anymore - even our local TV stations haven't given this case much attention for some time now.

I've talked to media from San Jose Mercury News and NBC Bay Area about situation. They said will post daily tweets as well as daily articles
Those who know me I am local and as soon as anything pops up about Sierra in the local media, I will post it here and post retweets from journalists who are in the courtroom or covering it.
I doubt there will be live stream as we dont know the exact trial date because of a potential delay and the pre-trial motions.
From a journalist - Tracey Kaplan - San Jose Mercury News she said to me back in January that this date set is for the pre-trial motions and trial readiness as well as decisions should the trial be televised or not. Also she told me they will have people there covering the trial and daily summaries will be posted.

I just had a phone conversation with NBC Bay Area news they said to their understanding it will be the jury selection on the 25th, let's wait and see

I've talked to media from San Jose Mercury News and NBC Bay Area about situation. They said will post daily tweets as well as daily articles
Those who know me I am local and as soon as anything pops up about Sierra in the local media, I will post it here and post retweets from journalists who are in the courtroom or covering it.
I doubt there will be live stream as we dont know the exact trial date because of a potential delay and the pre-trial motions.
From a journalist - Tracey Kaplan - San Jose Mercury News she said to me back in January that this date set is for the pre-trial motions and trial readiness as well as decisions should the trial be televised or not. Also she told me they will have people there covering the trial and daily summaries will be posted.

Thanks for doing this - much appreciated!

Damian TrujilloVerified account
‏@newsdamian
UPDATE: #SierraLamar case on target for trial to begin April 25. No delay requests or other proceedings scheduled

I just had a phone conversation with NBC Bay Area news they said to their understanding it will be the jury selection on the 25th, let's wait and see

If they actually seat a jury on that date, they have to begin the trial very shortly after. Of course, there's no telling how long the trial will last.

Not much longer now, hopefully some justice is on it's way, some answers for her family and friends, and who knows, maybe he will give up her body for his life?

I always think of Sierra when it is Easter <3

On the 12th of April which is this Tuesday there will be a discovery hearing which is based of the latest motion which I posted above.

Sent from my LG-G4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member