Australia Australia - Tamam Shud Case - Male, Dec 1948

If they think that the sommerton man is thomas keane because thats the name on some of his items , they also think hes a spy, which i doubt he would use his real name so T.Keane is an alias obviously

Hello newfiedee... You've sent my head in a spin with these pics and these same name connection for Vainonen. Certainly Eetu Vainonen from doe network has SM merit in that he's a genuine missing person and he's close to suspected SM age, but there's no DNA available for either individual to allow comparisons unfortunately. You also have 2 others by same name Timo Vainonen, different ages / persons... Perhaps they're related and it's worth your digging further. The post with 3 pics comparison show a definite SM likeness for Timo in later life. It's a puzzle for sure.
Derek has said the same to me (it's not him) regarding a photo of an unidentified lad, a possible Robin Thomson, taken back in 1963 The lad is standing on a Jetty with myself and family members and comparisons posted on Websleuths (with help from Makara).
DA's instant dismissals didn't stop me submitting the photo to Major Crime for follow up though. So don't you allow DA's opinion to disrupt your research either. It's your time and effort after all... and no-one owns SM! It may be worth checking further with Doe network, and wouldn't it be a funny twist if instead of SM you found what became of Eetu Vainonen instead.

I don't see Nick Pelling doing that either. Websleuths is not the place for arguments and name calling. This is a site that is safe and I'm using it because I want to bring my information forward.

*UPDATE*

I have photocopied and scanned my letters and they are currently being looked at by the authorities. They will get back to me in due cause. I must state that the letters or close-ups / snippets have not been released to anyone else. Those claiming that they have are doing so for their own agenda.

The letters were written by a Mrs Margaret Alison Bean formerly Alison Verco of Adelaide. They were many references to Jo Thomson and her son Robin. I believe Jo was a nurse for Alison. Well that's how I have interpreted things from the letters. Things will come out in due cause, it just a matter of being patient.

Jacinta, when were these letters written? Do they have a date on them?

Hello newfiedee... You've sent my head in a spin with these pics and these same name connection for Vainonen. Certainly Eetu Vainonen from doe network has SM merit in that he's a genuine missing person and he's close to suspected SM age, but there's no DNA available for either individual to allow comparisons unfortunately. You also have 2 others by same name Timo Vainonen, different ages / persons... Perhaps they're related and it's worth your digging further. The post with 3 pics comparison show a definite SM likeness for Timo in later life. It's a puzzle for sure.
Derek has said the same to me (it's not him) regarding a photo of an unidentified lad, a possible Robin Thomson, taken back in 1963 The lad is standing on a Jetty with myself and family members and comparisons posted on Websleuths (with help from Makara).
DA's instant dismissals didn't stop me submitting the photo to Major Crime for follow up though. So don't you allow DA's opinion to disrupt your research either. It's your time and effort after all... and no-one owns SM! It may be worth checking further with Doe network, and wouldn't it be a funny twist if instead of SM you found what became of Eetu Vainonen instead.

I have submitted it to the doe network and also emailed the Timo guy hoping to get some answers that way. maybe he is part of that line and we can het some dna. At least to rule him out , they have a son of a woman that Sm is said to have fathered , they are searching for sm in virginia cause apparantly the son robin's dna has mad hits in Virgina , i see that Vainonen is a name found there to and some in different variations of the name , if anyone would like to help with this , we can try to solve it as a team,

Jacinta, when were these letters written? Do they have a date on them?

All the letters have dates and the timeframe is
1947-48. 50 or so are in perfect order. 8 them
have been stuck together by water damage.

Jacinta, im new to the thread im looking to find what it is the letters are you are refering to can you give me a small explaination of the importants of the letetrs

50?! That's a lot of letters, are they all to the same person?

Do you mind me asking how you got hold of them? Are you related to Jestyn/Jessica/Jessie/Jo (!) or the recipient?

It would be interesting to know if the early letters were written before Alison Verco married Arnold Bean in April of 1947 in Malaya. Do the letters indicate that they were posted from Kuala Lumpur?

Interestingly Alison Bean, nee Verco died in July 1949 in Adelaide. She seems to have been quite a social butterfly both prior to and after her marriage, yet her death notice was short and succinct.

The Advertiser (Adelaide, SA : 1931 - 1954) Fri 11 Apr 1947 Page 10

Married Today In Malaya
A wedding of great interest to South Australians is that of Margaret Alison
Verco, second daughter of the late Dr. and Mrs. W. A. Verco, formerly of Molesworth
street North Adelaide, with Arnold Bean, of Norwich, Norfolk, England. The marriage
will take place today Kuala Lumpur. Federated Malay States. Mr. Bean is Chief
Inspector of Mines in Malaya.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/a...erco"&searchLimits=l-advstate=South+Australia

Chronicle (Adelaide, SA : 1895 - 1954) Thu 7 Jul 1949 Page 42

BEAN.- On July 5, Margaret Alison, beloved wife of Arnold Bean, of 2 Palm
St.. Medindie.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/a...||sortby=dateDesc|||l-category=Family+Notices

I don't necessarily see any connection to the death of the Somerton Man here. Just posting what I've found in regard to Jacinta's mention of the letters in her possession and the alleged author of those letters.

So who is Evelyn Scarfe? Is she the addresser or the addressee of these letters?

In December 1948, an unidentified body was found on the beach of Somerton in Australia, earning him the nickname "Somerton Man." Investigators looked far and wide for any clue as to who he was, but they came up empty. But a scientist by the name of Colleen Fitzpatrick is expected to present DNA results in the coming days that would tie the man to the East Coast of the United States — and suggest that he may be a relative of Jefferson, according to a BuzzFeed report.

Read more at link: http://patch.com/virginia/arlington-va/bizarre-australian-mystery-linked-virginia-thomas-jefferson

Thank you!

Sure thing, Tulessa. I remember a few posters on Lori Ruff's thread were asking where the Somerton Man thread went. I couldn't find one so I started one when I saw this news. I don't see any other updates since the one in the OP, but I know there is a lot of background to this case. I was hoping more interested people would reply with what they know. It sounds like they are very close to solving it.

Sure thing, Tulessa. I remember a few posters on Lori Ruff's thread were asking where the Somerton Man thread went. I couldn't find one so I started one when I saw this news. I don't see any other updates since the one in the OP, but I know there is a lot of background to this case. I was hoping more interested people would reply with what they know. It sounds like they are very close to solving it.

This is the link to the previous thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67163

I have a feeling it was taken down for review but haven't heard anything more since I enquired a few months ago.

It says I don't have permission to view that page, but thanks for confirming there WAS a thread.

Yes, the thread is offline at present but I'm hoping it will now be brought back and it and this one amalgamated since there are likely to be significant developments. With any luck they may be close to solving it against all expectations.

Thanks for this.

I was aware from a previous update that they thought he was an American with Jefferson links. This article from 15 months ago describes in detail the forensic work they were doing on hair samples.

http://phys.org/news/2015-06-years-forensic-somerton-identity-mystery_1.html

(Lightbulb appears above head) I think a descendant of Jefferson married into the Kean family. One of them was perhaps a general in the Civil War? Could be a coincidence, could be significant.......

[QUhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Garlick_Hill_

Married Jefferson's great granddaughter, director of the Confederate Bureau of War. Some of the Keans are buried at Monticello.
Should be more than a few Keans out there, wonder if any are unaccounted for around 1948?

OTE=Magnum P.E.;12883118](Lightbulb appears above head) I think a descendant of Jefferson married into the Kean family. One of them was perhaps a general in the Civil War? Could be a coincidence, could be significant.......[/QUOTE]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back