Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think she quit paying. I don't think her parents would make payments for her either. She wouldn't even let them visit her. IMO she was too busy stalking Travis to leave her car for 30 minutes to change the oil and rotate the tires.
She seemed to engage in lots of magical thinking. IMO she figured early after meeting Travis that in a few months they'd marry and she'd have a 4,000sq ft home, he'd take over her car payments etc.

The magical thinking. Oh yeah. But I think it was a function of laziness as much as anything else. She wanted everything on her dream board...exotic trips, a gigantic diamond engagement ring, a flashy car, that big house. She just absolutely never in her life bothered to actually work for what she wanted.

JM nailed her with exquisite percision when he described his vision of her.....a bad waitress in a dive, giving terrible service and dreaming big dreams she'd never realize, because as Travis said...she couldn't get off her *advertiser censored* to get it done.

She wouldn't let them visit her, but had (and likely still has) no problem demanding money from them.

Didn't her car cost in the vicinity of $25-30k? Getting a mortgage with no down payment was no problem back when she did, but I'm thinking it wasn't as easy for a sometimes waitress to get that large of a car loan on her own. What kind of credit could she possibly have had, even before the foreclosure and repossession?

Imo when she got the car (wasn't it to compete with/mimic Darryls ex?) she had 2-3 jobs and could prove she was able to make payments. Perhaps the dealer even spoke with a Mr. Brewer to confirm employment? Anyway once she ditched Darryl for Travis she still needed a car. What's a girl to do? She's gotta be able to keep tabs on her target

The magical thinking. Oh yeah. But I think it was a function of laziness as much as anything else. She wanted everything on her dream board...exotic trips, a gigantic diamond engagement ring, a flashy car, that big house. She just absolutely never in her life bothered to actually work for what she wanted.

JM nailed her with exquisite percision when he described his vision of her.....a bad waitress in a dive, giving terrible service and dreaming big dreams she'd never realize, because as Travis said...she couldn't get off her *advertiser censored* to get it done.

Very true. With her family background and experience she could have done well as a waitress or restaurant manager. But it requires WORK. Our son worked at Pappasitios while in college. He was taking a class or two, supporting his son and borderline gf. He'd work many doubles, every weekend and holiday...60 hours a week. But his W-2 was $52,000 that year.
Jodi, like my sons borderline, considered herself above hard work

BBM

Really! How would the lender know where she is? ugh, I don't feel like sleuthing how repossession works.

BTW the $699 is divisible by 3. $233 per month? 3 missed car payments?
When your house is foreclosed, do you have to pay any court cost? Why would she pay though when it is all Darryl's fault?

Thank goodness, I am so uneducated about her specialty- Repossessions, Foreclosures, Destroying someone's car, Slashing tires, Maxing out credit cards, Recording phone sex, Murder.... What else?

LOL.

She co-signed with DB on the mortgage, so was equally responsible. Not sure what paper work is involved with foreclosure, thankfully.

I know debt collectors are merciless, because I was hounded by one for FOUR years, and it wasn't even my debt. When we first moved where we've lived now for 12 years, we were given a landline phone number of one Susan S. who must have owed a pile of money to one or more creditors.

Nothing I said for FOUR years convinced those beasts that I was not Susan S. and that Susan S. didn't live in our house. They were relentless. Called constantly, all hours of day and into the night.

Of course, they obviously did have that one piece of info for her, even if it was out of date.

I'd think a foreclosure might have alerted her other creditors? She seemed to have kept the same bank? She did work, and had to provide her social security number? I don't know what kind of access her lien-holder or their debt collector would have had to that kind of info, but I'm sure revelant laws favor creditors.

Bwahahaha! Jodi sentenced to waitress the rest of her natural life. And after her disdain for fast food work: you ain't seen nuttin' honey. Prison is a whole new dimension in fast food.

I second the bwahahahaha. :)

Could there be more perfect karma than the bad waitress who committed murder because she thought she deserved a better life than her own, that of a bad waitress, only to have to serve as waitress --or one rank below, a bus-boy, for the rest of her unnatural life? :D

BBM

Really! How would the lender know where she is? ugh, I don't feel like sleuthing how repossession works.

BTW the $699 is divisible by 3. $233 per month? 3 missed car payments?
When your house is foreclosed, do you have to pay any court cost? Why would she pay though when it is all Darryl's fault?

Thank goodness, I am so uneducated about her specialty- Repossessions, Foreclosures, Destroying someone's car, Slashing tires, Maxing out credit cards, Recording phone sex, Murder.... What else?

I feel your pain. Also I doubt that she would have been able to get her license plates renewed if the car was in repossession mode, I don't know how the process works in CA. though. Here, a new "yearly sticker" has to be purchased by your birthday.

I feel your pain. Also I doubt that she would have been able to get her license plates renewed if the car was in repossession mode, I don't know how the process works in CA. though. Here, a new "yearly sticker" has to be purchased by your birthday.

Here you have to show proof of insurance to get registration renewed and for inspection sticker. She probably just drove with expired tags. Maybe one reason she always borrowed his car and also another reason not to drive her Infinity to Mesa to kill Travis. Can't be getting stopped for bad tags, maybe getting a ticket in Arizona. Or pulled over with a bloody knife in the car because your inspection sticker expired a year ago...

FWIW, asked DH about creditors' ability to track her down. He doesn't think it would have been at all difficult if they were intent upon finding her, and they would have been intent if they thought she'd skipped out on car payments (as in, left the state, etc., not just missed payments).

The newer the car, the more determined they would have been, because an early repo would mean less of a loss, given higher resale value.

"Skip tracers" hired by the lien holder apparently have access to any and all databases, including federal databases containing info about withholding taxes, which she would have been listed in because of her restaurant jobs in Mesa.

Skip tracers apparently also monitor VIN number related records. If she actually did take her car in to a dealership for warranty work in the fall of 2007, the dealership would have entered her VIN number into their system, again making her location known.

Last, 3-4 months of non-payment before repo began wouldn't have been very unusual if she'd bought the car used, or if the car had already lost a lot of its Blue Book resale value.

ETA. The Federal Debt Recovery Act of 1978 ( I am sooo in the weeds now, eh?) specifies that a person who has missed 2 monthly payments ( 60 days) on whatever AND who has not provided a current address or phone number to their lien holder, is after those 60 days considered a "skip," and subject to what amounts to a merciless recovery process by the lien holder.

Off to go fishing next few days.....will post pics, TexMex style, if we succeed in catching our supper. :)

Off to go fishing next few days.....will post pics, TexMex style, if we succeed in catching our supper. :)
Have a nice fun adventure with your family, Hope!
Breathe in lots of fresh air and enjoy your freedom.
Try not to think about repossessions and foreclosures during your vacation.
:fishy::fishy::fishy::fishy:

RIP Travis. Here it is Spring and another season he is missing. Poor guy.
I'm lurking too....

Been lurking myself.

I believe the company that had the lien on her Infiniti was in Oregon and they repossessed it, I read recently where the car was towed to but can't find it atm.

The pic with Angela and JA was May 15, 2008. About the Helio, on page 264 of JM's book:

"The Helio cell phone had a more complicated history, Arias had reported to the Yreka Police Department on May 18, 2008, that it had been stolen from the front seat of her car, and police had no record of a follow-up call from Arias notifying them that the phone had been recovered."

So is he saying it was never recovered or there was only one Helio and it was 'found'?

Have a great long weekend fishing trip, Hope!

Been lurking myself.

I believe the company that had the lien on her Infiniti was in Oregon and they repossessed it, I read recently where the car was towed to but can't find it atm.

The pic with Angela and JA was May 15, 2008. About the Helio, on page 264 of JM's book:

"The Helio cell phone had a more complicated history, Arias had reported to the Yreka Police Department on May 18, 2008, that it had been stolen from the front seat of her car, and police had no record of a follow-up call from Arias notifying them that the phone had been recovered."

So is he saying it was never recovered or there was only one Helio and it was 'found'?

Have a great long weekend fishing trip, Hope!

That's where I'm confused geevee.

Was there one Helio? She got it from Gus on her way back to Yreka. Recorded the sex tape and still had it June 3 to take the selfies? Did she lose it, report it stolen, then find it again? Or did she get a second Helio like she claims in her diary?
So sex recording on first Helio, selfies on second Helio?

Or was there only one Helio and she hid it after the murder, knowing the selfies might incriminate her?

Here you have to show proof of insurance to get registration renewed and for inspection sticker. She probably just drove with expired tags. Maybe one reason she always borrowed his car and also another reason not to drive her Infinity to Mesa to kill Travis. Can't be getting stopped for bad tags, maybe getting a ticket in Arizona. Or pulled over with a bloody knife in the car because your inspection sticker expired a year ago...

Those are valid reasons for Killer's plan to not drive her own car to the murder, and maybe add to the list that her car had probably been at Travis' home in Mesa at least once prior and she could not risk some pesky neighbor who might associate the car with her seeing it in the area at a time when she was adamant she had not been in AZ.

That's where I'm confused geevee.

Was there one Helio? She got it from Gus on her way back to Yreka. Recorded the sex tape and still had it June 3 to take the selfies? Did she lose it, report it stolen, then find it again? Or did she get a second Helio like she claims in her diary?
So sex recording on first Helio, selfies on second Helio?

Or was there only one Helio and she hid it after the murder, knowing the selfies might incriminate her?

I'm confused too Tex, if there were two Helios then yes, the selfies were taken on the second...why is everything about her so messy??

Yes, same here but they don't even ask to see insurance proof, just sign and say you have it. I imagine there are tons of people who sign and don't have a dimes worth. That is why I have mine stating protection against uninsured AND underinsured. Thankfully I have not had to use it though.

Those are valid reasons for Killer's plan to not drive her own car to the murder, and maybe add to the list that her car had probably been at Travis' home in Mesa at least once prior and she could not risk some pesky neighbor who might associate the car with her seeing it in the area at a time when she was adamant she had not been in AZ.

I bet she was there many, many times without him knowing.

This is what the butcheress drove.....*2004 Infinity G-35, Silver in color*

Thank you very much! So that means it was only 2.5 to 3 years in JA's possession, under 60,000 by August 2007 when she wrote that about her warranty.

Yep. It's also weird to me that her drivers license not only doesn't reflect a Mesa address, but it doesn't even reflect the Palm Desert address she lived at for a few years. Years!

I don't know if state law requires you to update your D/L every time you change your place of residence, but you'd think she'd at least want to. But knowing now that her car was registered up in Yreka, I guess she didn't care if all her car-related info matched or not. Car registration: Yreka... Driver's License: Big Sur P.O. Box... Insurance: Unknown. Flighty gal.

And with a license plate that reads "2 ASCEND", Holy Smokes... who was she trying to fool? I bet she filled out the form for that plate the day after she got back from Vegas in 2006. Bummer she had to drive all the way to Yreka to get it at her parents' house.

Heavens to Betsy she's a piece of work. And flighty!

If she was living with Darryl in 2004, then I believe this might lend support for the idea that the car was in her parents' name or her parents co-signed for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!