Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I have a pair of Nike running pants that have 6 inch zippers on the back of both legs. Because of that, I've always thought that photo was of her right leg.

Interesting Zippers and stripes? Where do the stripes end or do they go all the way up both butt cheeks? Or maybe end down around the zipper area?

View attachment 91212
I did a photo experiment. I'm wearing men's pajama with a side stripe and my own black dress socks. I'm a women's shoe size 7.5.
I even took the photo of my right foot with my camera upside down.

View attachment 91213

Compared to my foot, JA's foot looks tiny, and I can't see her heel in the picture.

Thanks. I will have to take my own picture to show you what's really there. But I'm saying look between the black socked "foot" and the pants. You will see there is no foot in this supposed sock. What you will see if Travis' back. I admit that I can't see the heel anymore in the clearer picture from the book, but I can see much better that the "house shoe" is empty. Look along the bottom hem of the pants. Note the shadows. You'll see the slops of the shoe, but not any foot in it. But you do see white flesh in on little triangle, and that white flesh is Travis' back, where the blood is streaming down.

Yes, there are zippers on the inside seam of pants as well as sometimes on the back. Jodi wore cheap workout pants that day. Would not be at all surprising if a zipper were not on the outside. Anything could be true of the pants if they were seconds.

OMG, Rick. you made me almost spit out my food laughing. I'm calling you Rick for old times sake.

It's likely that she was parked outside his house way more often than he knew. I'm sure this repelled people, but if he didn't know was out there all the time, he actually may never have understood what the problem was. This is actually the opposite of a "dirty little secret": by stalking and being around him, even surreptitiously in public, JA was outing a relationship that never existed.

I believe that exchanging cars and having her car parked at his house was a way of doing exactly what you are saying. What would people think if they spotted her in his car? What would they think if her car was parked at his house while she was driving his car? I think it was her way of trying to send a message, stake out her territory to have her car over there while she wasn't.

It was also a tie, a constant need to exchange and talk, though I dont know why Travis saw it as a way to save gas by carpooling. Recall the text she sent him saying she needed $20. She was always asking him for money, so the idea on saving by carpooling with her made as much sense as buying a $13 gas can to save on gas.

What I also think is true is that she lived within 3 minutes of him. In trial, it seemed like she told JM that Mimi's was really close to his house, too. I believe it was said during that whole BMW car exchange/masturbating picture exchange with her and JM. Travis was out there running miles, etc. If Mimi's was so close, he should have told her to walk her lazy Assets to his house instead him having to go pick her up.

ETA--why are there "Astroglide" ads on this page! lol JA would be appalled.

Also, didn't Arias always need to borrow Travis' Beemer because she was continually having problems with her less-than-four-year-old Infinity?

If you're thinking "Lemon Law", you're on the right track. And that lemon is Jodi.

As I stated upthread, she called it her "ghetto luxury car." She sent a text telling Travis to pump the brakes on and thanked him for putting up with her ghetto car.

At Trial, she said her car was better than Travis' BMW.

I don't know why they kept exchanging cars, but as I said up-thread, Travis told Chris that he was kind of using Jodi for to save on gas.

She asked Travis how he liked driving her "ghetto" car. He asks about insurance, and she text about asking about his insurance on his BMW that she was driving. She had his car many times with crappy excuses. Maybe she thought Lisa would see her in it, and it would mean she "was" Travis's girl?

But yeah. Bill told Det. Flores that she'd ran it into the ground. The transmission was going out and other problems. I do have a question for Hope4, in the January journal (IIRC) Jodi writes about her car getting a new radio because it was under warranty and she loved the brand new rental car. Just how long is a warranty on a four year old car?

The car might not have been hers for a full 4 years at that point. For example, if it sat on the lot unsold until November 2004, it might be less time for when the warranty started, which makes Nov 2007 3 years. I think that in November 2007, she'd reached the warranty time limit. She said in her journal that it was 60,000 miles or November, which ever came first.

About that BMW. :D and other financial stuff……..

By early January 2008 Travis was working on refinancing his house, trying to take out a $30-35k second mortgage (needed the $$). Also by early to mid-January, he had begun trying to sell his BMW. IIRC, Travis still owed $1,000 on the BMW. The $1k in payments likely wouldn’t have been a problem for obtaining a refi. Even if had been, Travis could have used $1k of the money he was borrowing from friends to pay off the lien. Another IIRC- TA’s primary interest in buying a Prius was to save, over the long-term, by reducing his travel costs (better gas mileage).

So, by early to mid-January he wanted to sell his BMW, but his refi didn’t depend upon selling it, and neither did his ability to buy the Prius, since he bought the Prius in early March, while still in possession of the BMW.

I hadn’t noticed before, but the TA-JA car-swapping arrangement didn’t begin until the first week in January and as such seemed to end by early February. I’ve always wondered why TA would allow her to not only drive the BMW when she had a car of her own, but to play the games she constantly did about returning it to him when he needed it.

I have a theory about why he did. First, the chronology of car-swapping.

The told Travis on January 4 that she’d picked up another shift at Mimi’s but that meant she would need to borrow his car. On January 5 she texted Travis and asked --any word on the car situation?

On January 7 the texted him about swapping cars. The next day, January 8, she texted him saying she had driven her Infiniti to work and that she had “a thought on the subject” which she’d call to talk with him about later.

On January 12 Travis texted a friend that he was trying to sell his BMW (first direct mention by TA in texts about selling it).

My theory--- that her ”thought” was what would seem a mutually beneficial swapping of cars. She didn’t have car insurance so needed to limit her driving of the Infiniti, and he wanted to sell his car. She’d help him try to sell the BMW by driving it to Mimi’s and advertising /showing it off for sale there. I think he may have tried the swapping thing for what amounts to a few weeks, but stopped after it became clear the arrangement wasn't helping sell his car, and that she was using the arrangement to mess with him/insert herself into his day to day.

Travis knew she didn’t have insurance. The texted TA on January 13 that she would come by later and pick up her car. TA asked her to come before FHE, she said she couldn’t, he told her he needed his BMW because he was taking people to FHE and didn’t want to drive them in her car because of “insurance and all.”

Early the next morning she texted him to ask if he was “positive” the BMW had insurance, and “if yes, does it covered passengers?” (he didn’t reply, she texted again—never mind).

The regular car-swapping continued for another few weeks. On January 18 she told him she’d drive her own car to Phoenix, because of the “GPS and tires.”

Exactly one week after the first time she didn’t want to return it in time for FHE, she took his car, didn’t answer his calls in the afternoon that were no doubt about whether she’d return it in time for him to drive it to FHE, nagged him with calls and texts when she knew he’d already left for FHE, and blew him off/lied to him when he replied to her texts, while he was still at FHE. That was January 21, of course, pedo lie day.

The first few days in February were the last on which she texted him about “needing” his car. After that there are references in the texts about carpooling together to PPL events, not to car swaps.

The last time she brings up the BMW in texts before leaving Mesa is on March 2, when she asks to borrow his car to go to church and tells him she’ll return it by the end of the day. This is also the day she tells him to pump the brakes on her “luxury ghetto car,” and then tells him she’s stranded (out of gas?) and needs him to rescue her.

He doesn’t, and tells her hours later- "(you never keep your word). I want my car back." He buys the Prius a few days days later. In between those 2 days (jerking him around church day and new car purchase day) she is fired from Mimi's, and now owes him money, has no money coming in, doesn't have a job, and has no car insurance.

----------------------------------------------
Related: one reason why she might have driven his IMO not-sold-to-her-yet BMW to rent a UHaul. She couldn’t have rented the UHaul without providing proof of insurance. She didn’t have insurance on the Infiniti, but Travis still did on the BMW.
--------------------------------------------

The check to court in January. The Palm Desert house foreclosure was finalized in January 2008. The check to court mentioned is likely related to her having to pay court costs for foreclosure paperwork.

Travis wrote a check for those court costs, not her, which is why she asked him whether or not the check had cleared HIS checking account. She had her own Mesa, AZ bank checking account, so, it looks like he paid the court costs for her, at least upfront. Perhaps it is these court costs that are connected to one of the checks she wrote him in January, or to the money discussed in January that she owed him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last money related thing, this time, the Helio.

In 2008, to get the Helio phone and plan, she would have had to pass a credit check. No way she could, which explains why she did whatever she had to do to con Gus into giving her the Helio phone itself. Not sure if she could have used the Helio with her own Sprint cell account, but maybe, since Helio piggybacked off the same Sprint network.

What she almost certainly didn’t do is to get a replacement Helio phone within 3 days of reporting it stolen. The phone had been purchased or whatever in Gus’s name, not her own; Gus would have had to purchase an insurance plan to cover the phone, without which the phone wouldn’t have been replaced; either she or Gus would have had to pay a $50 deductible towards replacement, and not least, Helio customer service was universally terrible around that time, perhaps because Helio was on the verge of being acquired by Virgin. Given all that, a replacement phone within a few days for one only supposedly reported stolen? Nah. IMO.

Thanks for deciding to talk about the BMW again. I believe a lot of this might be true. I was on the same trail about the insurance. Further, I also think the Infiniti was not in her name. I also think she went to "visit" Rachel and never left back in July 2007 (the week of Travis' B-day) but that's another story.

Good catch about the BMW selling comments in the texts. I'd somehow glossed over them. I think what you've put together about the BMW makes the most sense, except if Travis' insurance isn't in her name, I don't know how she can list it. She can, though, take out insurance from Uhaul, right? I know you can do that with rental cars. I wouldn't think I could walk into Uhaul with your car information, but rent a Uhaul under my name. I think she made up an excuse to have his car because she knew that UFC party was that night. I think she took the Infiniti over to "wash it" that day, so that would mean her Infiniti would be at his house when his friends are there.

Of the Helio,

Good theory. It could be possible that Gus handling the "lost phone" insurance issue personally somehow. I don't think Sprint was her carrier. I think it was Travis' carrier, and someone else had said Helio had its own phone and service--like Metro. Thanks for bringing this topic in here from us talking it about on the other thread. I am still not satisfied with how many phones she had. I told my mom today that it was possibly 3 after someone mentioned the Razor in the other thread.

I definitely agree that she didn't get the phone in 3 days. As I mentioned in the other thread, she writes about receiving it 3 days later, but at about 1am on the third day, she and TA are texting and arguing. That would mean two days! Something about this phone situation and this Maria from London at the same time period is hinky, hinky, hinky.

The court money thing, I don't know if you pay for a foreclosure. It's done because you are not paying, right? Like a repo?

I agree. I think she quit paying. I don't think her parents would make payments for her either. She wouldn't even let them visit her. IMO she was too busy stalking Travis to leave her car for 30 minutes to change the oil and rotate the tires.
She seemed to engage in lots of magical thinking. IMO she figured early after meeting Travis that in a few months they'd marry and she'd have a 4,000sq ft home, he'd take over her car payments etc.

I don't believe she could afford that Infiniti, brand new in 2004, working as a waitress, with her credit and already co-signed on a house with Darryl. If her parents co-signed, the bank would come after them the minute the car wasn't paid. So they paid it to keep their own credit -- if they co-signed. What are the odds she got that car without a co-signer?

I think when she let the insurance lapse, that's when her Mama got involved, and that's possibly what spurred her to have to come home. Her parents threatened to let the car go and possibly tell the bank where it was. Just speculation. Why else is "mom" sounding like a good think to Jodi around the time of the move? Her parents could have been getting on her case about coming home ever since she visited for Christmas or about threatening to let the car go if she didn't take over the payments. Let's face it, she might not have EVER been making the car payments. She was paying her mortgage with a credit card, remember.

Just speculation.

I feel your pain. Also I doubt that she would have been able to get her license plates renewed if the car was in repossession mode, I don't know how the process works in CA. though. Here, a new "yearly sticker" has to be purchased by your birthday.

Yearly registration stickers are issued in Calif. for the month you purchased your car in. Mine is due every Sept., hubby's in January and you must pay the requisite fee and possibly get it smog certified.

Interesting Zippers and stripes? Where do the stripes end or do they go all the way up both butt cheeks? Or maybe end down around the zipper area?

BBM

I think you misread my post. My Nike running pants have zippers on the backs of both legs. The zippers start at the bottom hem of each pant leg and go up about six inches. There are no stripes at all.

:seeya:

Thanks for deciding to talk about the BMW again. I believe a lot of this might be true. I was on the same trail about the insurance. Further, I also think the Infiniti was not in her name. I also think she went to "visit" Rachel and never left back in July 2007 (the week of Travis' B-day) but that's another story.

Good catch about the BMW selling comments in the texts. I'd somehow glossed over them. I think what you've put together about the BMW makes the most sense, except if Travis' insurance isn't in her name, I don't know how she can list it. She can, though, take out insurance from Uhaul, right? I know you can do that with rental cars. I wouldn't think I could walk into Uhaul with your car information, but rent a Uhaul under my name. I think she made up an excuse to have his car because she knew that UFC party was that night. I think she took the Infiniti over to "wash it" that day, so that would mean her Infiniti would be at his house when his friends are there.

Of the Helio,

Good theory. It could be possible that Gus handling the "lost phone" insurance issue personally somehow. I don't think Sprint was her carrier. I think it was Travis' carrier, and someone else had said Helio had its own phone and service--like Metro. Thanks for bringing this topic in here from us talking it about on the other thread. I am still not satisfied with how many phones she had. I told my mom today that it was possibly 3 after someone mentioned the Razor in the other thread.

I definitely agree that she didn't get the phone in 3 days. As I mentioned in the other thread, she writes about receiving it 3 days later, but at about 1am on the third day, she and TA are texting and arguing. That would mean two days! Something about this phone situation and this Maria from London at the same time period is hinky, hinky, hinky.

The court money thing, I don't know if you pay for a foreclosure. It's done because you are not paying, right? Like a repo?

Another possibility is the reason for Sandy coming to Mesa was to rent the uhaul because she did have insurance and was going to drive it back to Yreka. She went back pretty quick after a fight where Jodi kicked her. If that is the case , and it would be like Jodi to drive the uhaul if she wasn't on the invoice. She wouldn't of cared if she broke down along the way.

Oh, okay. I haven't ever seen zipper backs before, but I guess I should have added that I was fixated on the double stripes also with zippers in the back. :blushing:

What do you think about the possibility of her having stripes up the back legs, too? I guess they could be, if only sewn around the part where the zippers are. Otherwise, that would look quite strange if they went all the way up to the butt. The stripes that is.

Every single pair of pants I've ever seen like that- off brand or Adidas, Nike, Puma- has had either snaps all the way up the sides of the leg or zippers up the sides of the ankle. I've never ever seen zippers on the backs of the ankle, but I'll keep looking.

Edited because typos...ugh.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Another possibility is the reason for Sandy coming to Mesa was to rent the uhaul because she did have insurance and was going to drive it back to Yreka. She went back pretty quick after a fight where Jodi kicked her. If that is the case , and it would be like Jodi to drive the uhaul if she wasn't on the invoice. She wouldn't of cared if she broke down along the way.

True, true, true. They could have set it up before her mom left and Jodi didn't include that in her journal. Another truth is that Jodi didn't invite her mom all the way down there just for moral support. Her mom also probably wanted to make sure Jodi would actually come home and not wind up somewhere else. And to make sure that her infiniti (by "her" I mean her mother) got back to Yreka. I'm convinced that her mother bought her that car and probably made the payments, too. And Jodi had to get the tow thing because mom was gone.

I think Jodi did something to make her mom mad or starting making her own "stupid excuses" about how she couldn't pack and leave as quickly as her mom thought it would happen, and her mom was like, "I'm outty if you are going to procrastinate on my time after I flew down here to help you."

It's mighty, mighty hinky that her mom came to help her move at the March 27th, but JA doesn't leave until April 4th.

I reread the journal entry about it. There's no indication that her mother had a return flight already. Sounds like to me, her mom got there with the mission to move JA, saw that JA hadn't done jack crap to move. Her mom probably didn't want to be stuck in Mesa for an unknown period of time, sleeping on an air mattress, while Jodi ran in behind Travis, a man Jodi probably wouldn't even take her mother to meet.

Here's what info JA gives after picking her mom up from the airport March 27th (there has been no mention of car trading in the texts or journal for this time period).

In the Sunday the 30th journal entry, she said:

The next morning,(Friday morning) I woke up and asked her not to be negative because I can't handle it. She didn't say anything. I left for Travis' to clean my Infiniti since I'm returning it (to your mom maybe? LOL).

I visited with Travis for a while. When I got back, she said she was getting a plane ticket home. I appreciate all her help, but we just fight when we're around each other. it brings me down. So yesterday morning, I drove her to the airport, and she's home now.

I don't recall a word about her mom's visit in the journal prior to this. in text messages:

Firstly, she's texting Travis all night instead of paying attention to her mother. He invites her for pizza Saturday. she says:

JA: I wish I could but my mom is Hitler and would freak out if I left the task at hand even for a short time.
TA: Tell your mom to fly home then. Is she here to help or to hurt? If you aren't allowed to say goodbye to friends or go to church, something is wrong.

JA: I agree. In hind sight, I would rather she didn't come at all. There are just boxes. I can do it all myself. But...that day in the car "mom" sounded like such a comforting thing.

TA: Sorry. I feel bad. I wish we didn't argue over stupid things. (What's this referring to, wasnt_me wonders....)
JA: Don't. We're over it. It's better now. Space is good. I'll miss you though.

She says good night, but that's not the end. She also texts a thanks for the air mattress and tells him it's her "happy time now." I'm afraid of what that means. Travis tells her to tell her mom she's running an errand so they can do the pizza thing.

In the morning:
1030am--Jodi texts that she feels like an ingrate and loves her mom.

Next, she tells him about how her roommates are fixing a toilet. Then she asks him to text her Ruby Tuesday's phone number. Isn't she supposed to be working there? Why does he have to text her the number of her job?

1110am--Hey, the pizza place might be a go for us tomorrow. Things are changing. I'll fill you in soon!

Fyi, she started the "mom" journal entry off by saying she no longer works at Ruby Tuesday. She just left it at the one sentence. Why am I imagining that she called Ruby Tuesday to call in sick for Saturday so she could go to lunch with Travis, and it really wasn't going to be her mother, but actually work that would get in the way of the pizza event?

1156am--she texts from her mom's phone that the air mattress rocks.

Where is her phone? Why would she put Travis' number in her mom's phone and vice versa? Then tells him not to message back on the number. smh.

1254pm--texting him back that she likes his new voicemail msg and she hadn't wanted anything, just to see what was up.
137pm--texting him that her mom doesn't like her hair color.
137pm-- he says whatever to her mom's comments because it isn't her mom's hair.

She tries to engage him about Eddie Snell.
154pm--he asks her about his ring and watch that he hasn't seen since tuesday.
No text reply about that one.
446pm--she wants to show him something that will take 15 minutes of his time.

450pmHe asks what it is.

There's no more texting etc until 1136pm, where she asks if TS Elliot is mormon. Claims her texts she sent earlier didn't go through and she'd wanted to show him a video. She found another poem and wants him to call her that night or in the morning. He texts back a no on TS. The rest of the time, he intensely texts Elisa. At almost 4am, he texts that Jodi didn't bring him breakfast.

So in reading this, I don't see where she went over to Travis' house to wash the car on Friday morning. He did sent her a text that didn't go through until 8:54am, but because it said get some sleep and good night at the end of it, I was thinking it was somehow delayed sent. With her first text being at 1031am about her mom, I'm thinking she and her mom woke up and had the conversation. No car washing or visiting Travis.

Saturday is the day the BMW gets blown up.
805am--she hopes he's hungry.
9:40am--asking if he got his last set of tires as Discount tires.
1106am--texts him "no problem" for some reason
2:00pm texting him about wheels at Discount tire that would look good on his car. She didn't say BMW. She just said "car."

604pm--she's texting him the address of papa johns and their phone number. This address happens to be a two minute drive from a Uhaul center.

Mind you, Travis is planning to go to Michele and Dallin's party that night. Not his own UFC like I said previously.
He does go to the party. at 842pm, he texts Taylor that people are just arriving.

1:10am--Jodi texts about her charger being in his car.
No text response.

Weird thing is this. At 950am Sunday morning, they are arguing about her moaning about making PC. She's all hurt that he's swearing at her.

1036am--she's telling him she wouldn't have hung up on him if she'd been more coherent. She hates it when he's right. Maybe she would have made a better decision. But she already apologized twice and he hadn't even once. He just chooses to be stubborn and remain pissed off.

1038am--he wants not another freaking word from her unless it's an apology and thanks for taking care of her never ceasing problems.
312pm--she has the nerve to text that he didn't even want to hear her poem.

So this reminds me of arguments I used to have with my ex. He'd do something upset-worthy to me, and then he'd talk about BS that had nothing to do with the problem. Next thing I know, I'm upset about the problem AND upset at the new thing he's trying to deflect to. Sounds like that happened to Travis about "moaning about making PC." I'm sure he didn't want to hear that crap after what happened to his car Saturday. She claims in Monday's entry that he took her for pizza on Sunday. So bizarre.

I don't know how I got all off into this topic, but I believe that journal entry is fake and she wrote it in there after talking to Flores on the phone. I don't know how it's fake and how she crammed it in between any of the others, but I will say this--she stopped journaling consistently on April 9th. She didn't pick it up again, according to what we have on file, until May 14th.

What if she's stopped journaling some time in March instead and after telling Flores certain things, she went back and wrote or even re-wrote March 2008 entirely or in part? I don't trust what was written in March. I'm going to investigate this more.

Maybe even fake as far back at the end of February because that BS she wrote in the last days about Mimi and Travis was puke-worthy.

I don't believe she could afford that Infiniti, brand new in 2004, working as a waitress, with her credit and already co-signed on a house with Darryl. If her parents co-signed, the bank would come after them the minute the car wasn't paid. So they paid it to keep their own credit -- if they co-signed. What are the odds she got that car without a co-signer?

I think when she let the insurance lapse, that's when her Mama got involved, and that's possibly what spurred her to have to come home. Her parents threatened to let the car go and possibly tell the bank where it was. Just speculation. Why else is "mom" sounding like a good think to Jodi around the time of the move? Her parents could have been getting on her case about coming home ever since she visited for Christmas or about threatening to let the car go if she didn't take over the payments. Let's face it, she might not have EVER been making the car payments. She was paying her mortgage with a credit card, remember.

Just speculation.

If she bought the Infinity in 2004 she was working at Vetana and making decent money, living in free housing. No need for a co signer and probably why she used the parents address. She probably knew she'd be moving at some point so used a permanent address.
They didn't buy the Palm Desert house until June 2005.

Oh, okay. I haven't ever seen zipper backs before, but I guess I should have added that I was fixated on the double stripes also with zippers in the back. :blushing:

What do you think about the possibility of her having stripes up the back legs, too? I guess they could be, if only sewn around the part where the zippers are. Otherwise, that would look quite strange if they went all the way up to the butt. The stripes that is.

As I said a few posts ago, IMO the reason the stripe in the photo looks like it is on the back of her pant leg is because of the foreshortened perspective in the photo. Just like Travis's foot looks much closer than it actually is.

Tiger09 said:
Every single pair of pants I've ever seen like that- off brand or Adidas, Nike, Puma- has had either snaps all the way up the sides of the leg or zippers up the sides of the ankle. I've never ever seen zippers on the backs of the ankle, but I'll keep looking.

Here's a link to Nike running pants that are very similar to mine (the ones I have are a bit more tapered at the ankles):
https://poshmark.com/listing/Nike-drifit-zipper-leg-running-pants-5605c15b522b45a4ed000240

description (BBM): "Worn once, excellent condition-no flaws! Zip up the back leg with reflectors. Zip pocket on back waist. Drawstring waist."

Just speculation.

BBM

I'm starting to rethink my earlier assumptions about the Infiniti and her failing to make payments. I STILL think she stopped making payments -- at least towards the end -- but now I'm leaning towards the car being a lease, and that the lease was about to expire. The timing of which must have added to the cataclysmic events of June 4.

I used to work at a car dealership, and was privy to conversations where they'd talk about how to get the most money (profit) off of customers. They took great pride in convincing people to lease rather than buying. You get a nice new car, but with cheaper monthly payments and less money down. But of course, the fine print includes all sorts of language favorable to the dealership, which is how they make money, e.g., penalties for going over the mileage limit, not having performed regular maintenance, etc. Typically, they get the car back after a few years and can re-sell it for a good price.

I also believe that leasing (since it's a limited term), can be done without having great credit, because the total dollar amount on the contract is much less than a purchase would be. Plus, back in 2004, credit restrictions were much laxer than they are now...

I can totally see her wanting the car DB's wife had, but, not being able to afford to buy it, getting talked into a lease situation and thinking she was "winning." JMO

BBM

I'm starting to rethink my earlier assumptions about the Infiniti and her failing to make payments. I STILL think she stopped making payments -- at least towards the end -- but now I'm leaning towards the car being a lease, and that the lease was about to expire. The timing of which must have added to the cataclysmic events of June 4.

I used to work at a car dealership, and was privy to conversations where they'd talk about how to get the most money (profit) off of customers. They took great pride in convincing people to lease rather than buying. You get a nice new car, but with cheaper monthly payments and less money down. But of course, the fine print includes all sorts of language favorable to the dealership, which is how they make money, e.g., penalties for going over the mileage limit, not having performed regular maintenance, etc. Typically, they get the car back after a few years and can re-sell it for a good price.

I also believe that leasing (since it's a limited term), can be done without having great credit, because the total dollar amount on the contract is much less than a purchase would be. Plus, back in 2004, credit restrictions were much laxer than they are now...

I can totally see her wanting the car DB's wife had, but, not being able to afford to buy it, getting talked into a lease situation and thinking she was "winning." JMO

Agreed. My father likes to lease cars and then turn around and get a different one every couple of years, but I always thought it seems more expensive in the long run. Kinda like an ARM mortgage, only good in the short term.

If she bought the Infinity in 2004 she was working at Vetana and making decent money, living in free housing. No need for a co signer and probably why she used the parents address. She probably knew she'd be moving at some point so used a permanent address.
They didn't buy the Palm Desert house until June 2005.

And DB walks out on her eighteen months later in December 2006.. So, they hadn't had the house for long.

When was it that someone gave her the dvd about making millions (PPL?) while she was at work, and she threw it in a drawer, and retrieved it later? Was that when the Mormon's showed up at her doorstep? She met Travis at the PPL event September 10 - 13 IIRC. She'd already met Abe, and wasn't that at another PPL event?

As I said a few posts ago, IMO the reason the stripe in the photo looks like it is on the back of her pant leg is because of the foreshortened perspective in the photo. Just like Travis's foot looks much closer than it actually is.

Here's a link to Nike running pants that are very similar to mine (the ones I have are a bit more tapered at the ankles):
https://poshmark.com/listing/Nike-drifit-zipper-leg-running-pants-5605c15b522b45a4ed000240

description (BBM): "Worn once, excellent condition-no flaws! Zip up the back leg with reflectors. Zip pocket on back waist. Drawstring waist."

I'm trying to remember what Jodi was wearing in the sports ad? I remember the red top, but wonder about the pants? I know she had her fists doubled and doing a kick in one? Anyone else remember seeing it?

This will not be dinner: (first pic).

This will have to do. (second pic).

;).

Attachments

• IMG_20160401_191737.jpg
    IMG_20160401_191737.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20160401_192039.jpg
    IMG_20160401_192039.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.