E.Austin Renting Homes to Homeless, $225 a month

HP posted a story on the Community First Village...hoping this will catch on around the country.

Thank you for posting this fhc! I hope more opportunities similar to this become available nationwide! I for one would be honored to take part in an effort to help this idea take shape in cities across the U.S.

While its not my chosen profession (ie "big girl job"), I spend much of my free time at a local area hunger-relief organization. Many of our clients either currently are or have been homeless in the past. Access to adequate, nutritious food is essential but simply one piece to true empowerment for those we serve. Community First seems like it would be a place that provides many of the other essential pieces: shelter, access to health care, educational opportunities, and the opportunity to be self-sufficient.

Thank you for posting this fhc! I hope more opportunities similar to this become available nationwide! I for one would be honored to take part in an effort to help this idea take shape in cities across the U.S.

While its not my chosen profession (ie "big girl job"), I spend much of my free time at a local area hunger-relief organization. Many of our clients either currently are or have been homeless in the past. Access to adequate, nutritious food is essential but simply one piece to true empowerment for those we serve. Community First seems like it would be a place that provides many of the other essential pieces: shelter, access to health care, educational opportunities, and the opportunity to be self-sufficient.
s

Maybe you can plant an idea seed in the right ear(s). After all, this was started by a quasi food bank. :goodpost:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back