Do you think the prosecutor proved the case?

Do you think the prosecutor proved the case?

• The case for murder was demonstrated beyond a reasonable doubt

Votes: 76 29.6%
  • Murder directus -OP fired shots knowing it was RS and intended to kill her

Votes: 144 56.0%
  • Murder eventualis- OP believed it was a burglar, foresaw he would kill by shooting

Votes: 21 8.2%
  • The case for culpable homicide was proven

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • There are many holes in the case – too many unanswered questions

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • Prosecutor’s evidence and witness testimony verify OP’s version

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • The firearm charges were substantiated

Votes: 38 14.8%
  • None of the above

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
.....if he coudn't hear due to the shots then he coudn't hear anyone pleading for him to stop.......he carried on regardless.......that is murder

Fantastic result for Nel.

A vindication of his arguments and for those who have maintained the logic of his position.

Fantastic result for Nel.

A vindication of his arguments and for those who have maintained the logic of his position.

...there's still no proof of anything, the whole case is a mess......it's going to go on forever and will never be resolved even if he does go to prison again....just have to accept it....

Oscar Pistorius Faces Sentencing In June.

http://news.sky.com/story/1669727/oscar-pistorius-faces-sentencing-in-june

I thought he was due to be sentenced on April 18th?

He will appear on 18th April but only for bail reasons. He is bound to get it extended as the date change has been agreed with the Prosecution. JJ won't be pleased!

Karen Maugham on Twitter dated 30th March says that the Prosecution is going to produce witnesses but is not sure whether the Defence will. 5 Days have been set aside for argument. Inevitably OP will appeal and I don't see him in jail this year.

He will appear on 18th April but only for bail reasons. He is bound to get it extended as the date change has been agreed with the Prosecution. JJ won't be pleased!

Karen Maugham on Twitter dated 30th March says that the Prosecution is going to produce witnesses but is not sure whether the Defence will. 5 Days have been set aside for argument. Inevitably OP will appeal and I don't see him in jail this year.
BIB - it's just ridiculous all this time wasting. If he appeals, then he should do it from jail. He's going to get a longer sentence anyway, so just stick him back inside like other murderers and let him wait it out from there.

Sorry, Soozie that last sentence was mine. I should have made that clearer. I am quite appalled at how easily he seems to be able to avoid being incarcerated. I cannot think of a good reason why the date has been changed. It would help if the reason for the delay had been published.

Sorry, Soozie that last sentence was mine. I should have made that clearer. I am quite appalled at how easily he seems to be able to avoid being incarcerated. I cannot think of a good reason why the date has been changed. It would help if the reason for the delay had been published.
BIB - no, that's okay. I know the last bit were your thoughts, and I'm beginning to think the same thing, which is why I find the whole situation so farcical. Maybe if he had to serve an extra month for every month of freedom he's been enjoying (as a convicted murderer), there'd be less delaying tactics. He just can't seem to accept his lot. So much for his 'beloved' Reeva.

Hi there..I thought it was over as he lost his appeal. Are you saying that he will appeal his sentence? If so..then his defense can do that while he's in jail. I don't get it. A convicted murderer would stay out of prison to appeal his sentence?! That makes no sense to me. It's outrageous..

Hi there..I thought it was over as he lost his appeal. Are you saying that he will appeal his sentence? If so..then his defense can do that while he's in jail. I don't get it. A convicted murderer would stay out of prison to appeal his sentence?! That makes no sense to me. It's outrageous..

I totally agree but this boy seems to lead a charmed life. I have no idea what will happen and it is only my opinion that somehow he will be allowed to stay out on bail if he is allowed to appeal his sentence. I hope I am completely wrong.

I totally agree but this boy seems to lead a charmed life. I have no idea what will happen and it is only my opinion that somehow he will be allowed to stay out on bail if he is allowed to appeal his sentence. I hope I am completely wrong.

I agree..this guy always gets the red carpet treatment :(

The evidence that Reeva screamed is much stronger than the evidence that Oscar can scream like a woman. If Reeva screamed then we talking here about dolus directus - 1st Degree murder. Read more about our investigation to the evidence at truth4reeva.com.

Not sure where we're allowed to post this but it looks like the charmed life continues for another two months... June 13-17th is now when the sentencing is to be argued/heard.

Pistorius's bail conditions amended
South Africa Monday 18 April 2016 - 9:13am

https://www.enca.com/south-africa/live-video-oscar-pistorius-sentencing

[video=youtube;c175-bXrDgQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c175-bXrDgQ[/video]

Karma will get him in the end. Despicable creature.

Glad you posted this FromGermany. The Daily Mail had a similar article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3551257/Oscar-Pistorius-attacked-Reeva-Steenkamp-cricket-bat-shooting-dead-forensic-experts-claim.html

And IMO this makes far more sense and seems to fit the whole picture of the evidence we have heard. The argument, the screams, and I was unaware of the evidence of the air rifle pellets as well as the fact that apparently the clothes Reeva was wearing do not fit with the pattern of gunshot wounds.

I also posted the following on yr timeline analysis...

I think there is an even simpler explanation which creates an even tighter fit for your analysis.

That explanation is that Mike Nhlegenthwas was not a witness to the murder at all – and that is why he never hears any shots or Reeva scream.

Dr Stipp is timed on the same clock as Mike Nhlegenthwa so this actually provide a very accurate time of the shooting.

i.e. sometime in the moments before 3:15:51

Mr N actually testifies that he never hears any shots. He is instead awoken by his wife who was woken by shots. No further shots are heard. Surely it is thus strange that on the Masipa/Roux timeline, not only do the Nhlegenthwa’s not notice the second set of bangs allegedly at 3.17 but the Stipp’s also don’t report them either? Despite both sets of witnesses being direct observers and wide awake?

So surely the simpler answer is that what Mike N actually heard was in fact Pistorius because Reeva was shot near dead by the time he woke up and begain to telephone and investigate?

Of course this brings one squarely to the Charl Johnson 3.17 call timing issue – but his call time is
a) Hearsay
b) Not timed on the same security log clock
c) accurate only to within one minute

So for example if Johnson simply has the order mixed up and the last shots happened before his 3.17 call (surely a better explanation than having to completely reformat the Stipp’s evidence by 10 mins!) then your sequence works perfectly.

Mr N actually fits perfectly with your argument for bats, gun, then panel broken out.

Shots is sometime prior to 3.15.51 allowing time for Mike Stipp to get to the phone and dial at 3.16
Bats is sometime prior to the shots

I'm kinda new to this case, but was there ever an alternative suspect presented?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back