Is there anyone that believes Ross is innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting for the trial and all the evidence until I make up my mind. I wouldn't convict him on what we know so far (except of neglect and being a liar and all round lousy human being). I just have a real hard time believe that anyone would be so evil - and so stupid - as to think that leaving their kid to die in a hot car would be a good idea.

Maybe he has no sense of smell. Maybe the Google searches really were coincidental. Maybe his grief wasn't genuine. It's not enough to convict him of murder imo.

I'm waiting for the trial and all the evidence until I make up my mind. I wouldn't convict him on what we know so far (except of neglect and being a liar and all round lousy human being). I just have a real hard time believe that anyone would be so evil - and so stupid - as to think that leaving their kid to die in a hot car would be a good idea.

Maybe he has no sense of smell. Maybe the Google searches really were coincidental. Maybe his grief wasn't genuine. It's not enough to convict him of murder imo.

In your opinion, what would be evidence that would put you over the fence to the other side?

So, if it was proven he could smell perfectly fine, would you have doubts about his innocence? A dead baby, with a soiled diaper, in a hot car for hours....no way he didn't smell that. I don't know anyone that smelling-impaired.

And what about the lunchtime visit to the car to drop off the lightbulbs? I guess you could open a car door and not notice a dead person's stench, but, wow, that's hard to believe.

JMOpinion

So, if it was proven he could smell perfectly fine, would you have doubts about his innocence? A dead baby, with a soiled diaper, in a hot car for hours....no way he didn't smell that. I don't know anyone that smelling-impaired.

And what about the lunchtime visit to the car to drop off the lightbulbs? I guess you could open a car door and not notice a dead person's stench, but, wow, that's hard to believe.

JMOpinion

I recall the detective testifying that the odor was noticeable in the car even several hours after Cooper had been removed from the car. I am willing to accept that maybe sometimes there just isn't a strong smell, but in this case others experienced the smell first hand so there's no question there was a strong, horrible odor.

I recall the detective testifying that the odor was noticeable in the car even several hours after Cooper had been removed from the car. I am willing to accept that maybe sometimes there just isn't a strong smell, but in this case others experienced the smell first hand so there's no question there was a strong, horrible odor.

Right. Even if the boy wasn't dead (which he was), a baby would've had a dirty diaper after all that time. Dirty diapers stink. Dirty diapers in a hot, enclosed, small space really stink. And then there is the smell of death.

He told the story about heading to the movie theater and only en route did he notice Cooper. Baloney. He knew his child was there and drove to a public place to "display."

JMOpinion of course.

I know it seems unbelievable that he didn't smell anything, but it's happened in other cases too. That judge also drove with the body in the car, without noticing.

And Benjamin Smith's father drove 3 times with the dead or dying baby in the car apparently without noticing, but he just got a one year suspended sentence in the end. The judge said losing his baby was punishment enough.
http://www.news.com.au/world/kyle-se...bee030837dec49

He told the story about heading to the movie theater and only en route did he notice Cooper. Baloney. He knew his child was there and drove to a public place to "display."

JMOpinion of course.

Yes, but even if he did know Cooper's body was there, it doesn't show he intentionally murdered him. Say he noticed Cooper's body there and thought "Oh #*ۤ I forgot to drop him off, how am I going to get out of this one?!" then decided to drive somewhere to "discover" the body.

I know it seems unbelievable that he didn't smell anything, but it's happened in other cases too. That judge also drove with the body in the car, without noticing.

And Benjamin Smith's father drove 3 times with the dead or dying baby in the car apparently without noticing, but he just got a one year suspended sentence in the end. The judge said losing his baby was punishment enough.
http://www.news.com.au/world/kyle-se...bee030837dec49

Bbm. What a ridiculous and offensive thing for the judge to say. :( How does being absent-minded, scatterbrained, self-absorbed and/or preoccupied absolve you of your number one responsibility in life? Just because you feel bad about it afterwards doesn't mean that the child didn't suffer and the law doesn't apply to you. The judicial system still needs to do its job and not rely on karma or conscience to punish these people who clearly put other priorities ahead of their children. Frankly, if they could forget their child in an instant, I'm not convinced that these are even the type of people who will be "tortured" for the rest of their lives over their "mistake" anyway.

I am on the fence. Keeping an open mind until the trial. But I do have a very simple solution for parents who want to make sure they do not forget there baby in the car and I am not trying to be funny or cruel. Heres how it works, place your cell phone on the seat of the baby car seat, now sit the baby in the car seat. Now when you exit the car you will want your phone and have to move the baby to get the phone. Problem solved.

I am on the fence. Keeping an open mind until the trial. But I do have a very simple solution for parents who want to make sure they do not forget there baby in the car and I am not trying to be funny or cruel. Heres how it works, place your cell phone on the seat of the baby car seat, now sit the baby in the car seat. Now when you exit the car you will want your phone and have to move the baby to get the phone. Problem solved.
He was too busy sexting to ever put his phone down. :moo:

Legal Commentator, journalist Sunny Hostin (often on Nancy Grace, the view) had
an almost fatal incident of her own. She left her child in the car seat, and proceeded with her day... I forget how long child was left, baby was ok, but it was very serious ( I remember when JRH was all over the news, and she would break down and cry, saying how freaked out she still is) her antidote for never having this happen again is: she will always take off her shoes once she gets in the car, then puts them on when exiting the car. It's a reminder to be cognizant that her child could be with her... and not to be caught up in her day and forget. She says you can't walk around without shoes, right.

Same here - I'm trying to keep an open mind as well. It's hard to believe RH forgot Cooper in those few short minutes it took him to travel from Chick-fil-A to Home Depot. However, I don't believe this is a case of premeditated murder.

I'm willing to believe it was accidental, depending on the evidence. I have a really, really hard time believing that he didn't realize until he pulled over and 'discovered' the child. I just have an extremely hard time seeing how he wouldn't have noticed at lunch with the lightbulbs, or smelled something at some point. So if it was accidental I think he realized at some point and went into extreme cover-up mode.

I'm also willing to believe it was purposeful, by the way. I haven't heard of any slam-dunk evidence either way, even with the short ride from Chick-fil-a.

I'm willing to believe it was accidental, depending on the evidence. I have a really, really hard time believing that he didn't realize until he pulled over and 'discovered' the child. I just have an extremely hard time seeing how he wouldn't have noticed at lunch with the lightbulbs, or smelled something at some point. So if it was accidental I think he realized at some point and went into extreme cover-up mode.

I'm also willing to believe it was purposeful, by the way. I haven't heard of any slam-dunk evidence either way, even with the short ride from Chick-fil-a.

Have you listened to the Atlanta Journal Constitution podcast - Episode 2. The stop to throw the light bulbs in the car is talked about. Also experts discuss the alleged smell in the car.

Greeting from the Netherlands. I will go into the trial with an open mind. I just can't believe a father can premeditated kill his son in such a cruel way. The evidence will speak.

I'm the same way. I need to hear more evidence. Even if it was not intentional, I feel like it would be extreme criminal neglect and should result in prison time.

Have you listened to the Atlanta Journal Constitution podcast - Episode 2. The stop to throw the light bulbs in the car is talked about. Also experts discuss the alleged smell in the car.

I am extremely skeptical of that "expert" who said dead bodies don't start to smell for a long time. That little boy was inside that car for 7-8 hours in temps that probably reached at least 120F, and he had urinated in his diaper. I've left urine diapers in a hot car and I can assure everyone that you know it as soon as you open the door!

I am extremely skeptical of that "expert" who said dead bodies don't start to smell for a long time. That little boy was inside that car for 7-8 hours in temps that probably reached at least 120F, and he had urinated in his diaper. I've left urine diapers in a hot car and I can assure everyone that you know it as soon as you open the door!
Actually, there were two experts that discussed the odor. One was Joe Burton -- former chief medical examiner in metro Atlanta for 25 yrs. The other was also a medical examiner -- Seattle for 23 yrs. The expert opinion both gave was in regards to odor from decomposition. Do we know how long the urine in this particular case was subjected to extreme heat ?

Should be a doozy of a trial. I sure hope the jury arrives with eyes wide open and not preconceived notions that just because they strongly dislike this guy ( I dislike him too) they must weigh the balance in favor of guilty. Many have done more research than myself but I have read quite a bit here and MSM and listened to both podcasts, etc. Speaking from someone with a TERRIBLE memory and knowing all the small steps I take daily to help with my poor memory, I personally understand it only takes 1 second of a distraction to lead me astray and quite often I will never recall the moment. Often I will have something trigger later in time to force me to recall the forgetful moment. At which point I mentally beat myself up because I forgot or failed to put a preventative reminder measure in place to help prevent the forgetful moment. I don't have children, but if I did, I would have to implement a plan just like I read about yesterday. Something along the lines of EVERY time I placed my child in his car seat I would take off my shoes and place them in rear seat with the baby. No way could I walk into work barefooted. This would create issues in winter with 12" snow but that's the price to pay for having such a poor memory. Technology is one of my best friends. Knowing I will depart home 8:00 a.m. and would drop off child to daycare then be at office by 9:00 I would set a daily reminder on my alarm at 9:00 to ensure I dropped off child. Maybe even set a daily reminder on my wife's cell's schedule to text me daily at 9 ensuring I dropped off child. Sort of embarrassing revealing all this but I strongly hope they don't convict an innocent dad. I believe the 2 experts commenting on decomposition smell would be delayed possibly up to maybe 24 hrs. I believe a dad that has smelled many dirty diapers could easily get in a hot car and mentally avoid smelling said urine only diaper. He was sadly distracted by all the sexting I guess. I believe him to be an extremely selfish,irresponsible, immature father but my eyes will remain open for all the facts presented.

If, and I emphasis IF, dad intentionally left his child in the car to die then why didn't he 'find' him when he put the light bulbs in the car and while he had an audience of friends?

How could he forget that his child was in the back seat in such a short period of time? Because he was just mindlessly going through the motions with the child, his thoughts were focused on his crotch. Irresponsible, selfish, devious, narcissistic, pathological sex addict - yes. Stone cold murderer of his own child? I am not convinced.

Why would mom instantly think that he left the child in the car once she learned that the child had not been dropped off for daycare? This is so odd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆