DCF Shelter Hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I will get blasted by a poster for saying this but yes, I think it was a tactic. I have personally done this when I worked as an intern under a caseworker. So much has to be done in a short time. Pretty sure I will get blasted by saying that but it's the truth. Unless someone works in that environment, they would understand it's pure adrenalin to get things done quick and precisely .

This case is unusual since so many ppl have stepped up to be a guardian. Highly unusual in my experience of having minor children given to the paternal side when a child's mother was hurt or killed. I'm not saying that all paternal sides are bad either.

A lot of backgrounds checks are done and all these ppl need several references from different time periods in their life. It's very complicated. And no, the judge doesn't have to approve different placements under DCF's custody status. Permanent custody is different and that is up to the court under the agency's recommendations.

I won't blast you for sure. In fact, I mentioned the exact same thing a few days ago. I appreciate all of the insight you provide with regard to custody issues O'mama! TY

Do you think that DCF not serving him was a tactic in getting MG as guardian?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

YES, irishchook.... I posted my suspicions after The Good News started appearing here. Not sure but it seems the kids may have already moved in with MG when MS had his quicky hearing, then left in a wink. ALSO AGREE with Oregonmama regarding case overload vs timely result, etc.

I was gladly shocked seeing the 1st posts & link here of the fact the kids were already living with their maternal grandmother. Like others WSs here, shelter & custody seemed to drag on THEN we saw what seemed to be a 'senseless hearing', where MS gleefully walked in, sat down, had a quick 'flirt' with his Attny, THEN left. I was like 'huh?! THEN we all wondered what happened with the DCF.... JMO but the hearing was already scheduled, MS is hostile, and shelter/custody aspects at this point need to be resolved quickly now so they can move on with this ongoing process. We may never know what went on in the under-current of DCF... & don't care either since it was in kids favor! IF the kids were already with MG at the time of MS '60 second' hearing... then MS was hood-winked!

I'm sure I will get blasted by a poster for saying this but yes, I think it was a tactic. I have personally done this when I worked as an intern under a caseworker. So much has to be done in a short time. Pretty sure I will get blasted by saying that but it's the truth. Unless someone works in that environment, they would understand it's pure adrenalin to get things done quick and precisely .

This case is unusual since so many ppl have stepped up to be a guardian. Highly unusual in my experience of having minor children given to the paternal side when a child's mother was hurt or killed. I'm not saying that all paternal sides are bad either.

A lot of backgrounds checks are done and all these ppl need several references from different time periods in their life. It's very complicated. And no, the judge doesn't have to approve different placements under DCF's custody status. Permanent custody is different and that is up to the court under the agency's recommendations.

Based on 20 years of experience with the AZ child welfare system, I agree it was a tactic. I think the main point of the tactic was to undercut any argument by MS at the next hearing that TS's mom "can't handle" the kids--and also to see if the girls show any signs of having been brainwashed re: TS's family.

The temporary move would have been easy, as you suggested. Just list the kids as on "extended visit" or "respite care" with grandma.

"Sievers also denies causing his daughters “severe psychological and emotional harm” as Groves claims in her petition for custody."

Lyin sack! It doesn't state why he is claiming this though.
Why would he want to make sure the "kids stayed back and spent extra time with TS's mom" if they weren't healthy for them to be around her???

"Sievers also denies causing his daughters “severe psychological and emotional harm” as Groves claims in her petition for custody."

Lyin sack! It doesn't state why he is claiming this though.
Why would he want to make sure the "kids stayed back and spent extra time with TS's mom" if they weren't healthy for them to be around her???

Just when you think he can't go any lower . . . But it is great seeing him take those shackled baby steps in the arrest video.

Just when you think he can't go any lower . . . But it is great seeing him take those shackled baby steps in the arrest video.

The funny part is Mark does not have final say. If he wasnt arrested he would have the power to say no to Mary. Once social services is involved, they are your new mom and dad. DCF has custody in the legal aspect while mark still is considered a father. Can't win this one Mark!

When my husband passed away in our bedroom from cancer, my kids wouldn't step in the room for a month. They were devastated, and needed counseling to deal with the grief. Having a parent murdered allegedly by the other parent, is a whole new realm of emotional damage. I know in grief, stupid stuff does fly out of your mouth (I know I had some moments), but having people over to the house right after the funeral where their mother was brutally killed? Knowing people are staring at the spot where she died had to be such an emotional violation for the girls.

When my husband passed away in our bedroom from cancer, my kids wouldn't step in the room for a month. They were devastated, and needed counseling to deal with the grief. Having a parent murdered allegedly by the other parent, is a whole new realm of emotional damage. I know in grief, stupid stuff does fly out of your mouth (I know I had some moments), but having people over to the house right after the funeral where their mother was brutally killed? Knowing people are staring at the spot where she died had to be such an emotional violation for the girls.
Meant to reply with quote to respond to you, DesiredJustice. Still a newbie!

Meant to

Anyone have any information on why judge was changed in custody case?

FORT MYERS, Fla. – The mother-in-law of Mark Sievers, accused of planning the killing of his wife, Dr. Teresa Sievers, will obtain custody of the couple’s children, Lee County Judge Robert Branning ruled Friday afternoon.

But the arrangement could be temporary. Mark Sievers’ mother, Bonnie, filed a motion Thursday night to have the children placed in her custody. The motion will be heard on May 11

[...]

Mark Sievers cried twice during the proceedings, once when he told the judge the names of his daughters and when the girls walked into the courtroom following the ruling.

http://www.winknews.com/2016/04/08/...o-gain-temporary-custody-of-sievers-children/

I didn't realize the judge had been changed but am glad to at least read the ruling was for TS mom for temporary guardianship.

Interesting that there were tears from MS.

As was the timing of said tears. Were they for effect? I know my opinion.

First thought - Praise the Lord!

Second thought - Mark is losing it. He is completely out of control and losing his mind. This is his worst nightmare.

I take no pleasure is saying that either. EVERYONE - every grandparent, aunt, uncle, friend and especially their father - should want what is in the best interest of these girls. This shouldn't be a damn family war. Those children have been through enough, FGS! This is NOT ABOUT MARK SIEVERS and his wishes to alienate the girls from Teresa's family. It is about what is in the best interest of those girls. PERIOD. Unfortunately, I don't think he will ever feel that way though.

I have ZERO doubt that MaryAnn having custody is in the best interest of Teresa AND Mark's girls. And frankly, I think Bonnie knows that too. I believe Mark cried and manipulated her into filing that emergency petition knowing the decision was about to be locked up. Otherwise, if Bonnie really desired custody, that petition would have been filed long before now.

stepping down off my soapbox now

Interesting that there were tears from MS.

As was the timing of said tears. Were they for effect? I know my opinion.

I actually kind of believe they might have been real tears this time. The girls were the last thing he had any control over. And, that control was vitally important to him.

If those tears were for effect - newsflash! It is not easy for someone as transparent as Mark Sievers is to manipulate the system when it comes to what is in the best interest of those girls. There are counselors, a GAL, DCF, witnesses who can testify. And then there are those background checks. And a JUDGE who, God willing, rules according to what is in the best interest of those girls.

Anyone who felt they wanted Mark to feel tortured, well it's happening right now. IMO He has no control over his environment and now very, very little control over who raises his children while he is incarcerated. Those invisible bars are more torturous for him than the physical ones that surround his jail cell right now.

Anyone have any information on why judge was changed in custody case?

No, I don't know but when time allows I will check to see what is public.

IOW - just a hunch but if Mark felt the walls closing in, he could have had his attorney file a motion for a change. Desperate move, if that is why.

No, I don't know but when time allows I will check to see what is public.

IOW - just a hunch but if Mark felt the walls closing in, he could have had his attorney file a motion for a change. Desperate move, if that is why.

I am surprised he requested that. Normally the same judge stays on the case especially if DCF is involved . I'm not worried about it, Mark will still not win.

FORT MYERS, Fla. – The mother-in-law of Mark Sievers, accused of planning the killing of his wife, Dr. Teresa Sievers, will obtain custody of the couple’s children, Lee County Judge Robert Branning ruled Friday afternoon.

But the arrangement could be temporary. Mark Sievers’ mother, Bonnie, filed a motion Thursday night to have the children placed in her custody. The motion will be heard on May 11

[...]

Mark Sievers cried twice during the proceedings, once when he told the judge the names of his daughters and when the girls walked into the courtroom following the ruling.

http://www.winknews.com/2016/04/08/...o-gain-temporary-custody-of-sievers-children/

I didn't realize the judge had been changed but am glad to at least read the ruling was for TS mom for temporary guardianship.

Im really stunned that BS is wanting custody too. If memory serves me right, didn't DCF state they need to do more checking in to that aspect? Hope there is no drama because the girls are loved so much by so many

I am surprised he requested that. Normally the same judge stays on the case especially if DCF is involved . I'm not worried about it, Mark will still not win.

Actually, disregard my hunch because I am 95% sure I was wrong. I've dug around a little and since became aware that 2 judges recently retired on March 31. That means the caseloads would have shifted. Cases would have just been redistributed between other judges.

Actually, disregard my hunch because I am 95% sure I was wrong. I've dug around a little and since became aware that 2 judges recently retired on March 31. That means the caseloads would have shifted. Cases would have just been redistributed between other judges.

Any info re this new judge and how he rules? I like what was wrote about him in the article that was provided by another poster on this thread and how he shot down someone else's request to take the stand....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff