Found Deceased PA - Joseph 'Joey' Ressler, 24, West Hempfield, 26 March 2016

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
H. Joseph “Joey” Ressler III - Arrest Warrant - Lancaster County - 26 Mar 2016

Hershey Joseph “Joey” Ressler III :: White / Male / 24* Years Old

5’ 9″ :: 220 Lbs. :: Brown Eyes :: Brown Hair

Numerous Tattoos :: Large Scar Left Hand

West Hempfield Township, Lancaster County, is in South-Eastern, PA.

Day Thirteen

Thu., Apr. 7th: WPMT-TV:

http://fox43.com/2016/04/07/west-hempfield-twp-police-searching-for-missing-man/:

West Hempfield Township Police Department :: (800) 957-2677

Includes PhotoS

ressler.jpg

Also:

http://abc27.com/2016/04/07/missing-man-also-wanted-for-parole-violation-police-say/
&
http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/04/police_seek_missing_wanted_man.html#incart_river_home
&
*https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-36-CR-0000065-2016

A$ Alway$ :: PA Crime$topper$
Anonymou$ Reward :: 1-800-4PA-TIPS
https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/

I have to ask the obvious. Any bodies of water nearby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my son, if you have Facebook please share his poster. His face book is under Joey Ressler. Sorry I don't know how to link. We are really scared for him and want him home.

My prayers are with you and Joey. There are a lot of people here who care and will definitely get the word out for Joey. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

I am just learning this so bare with me here. Richard I couldn't reply to the message. On his Facebook there are a few pictures of his tattoos. His hand scar stands out and will give him away. It's from a motor cycle accident a few years ago. The picture of him with the buzz was taken the day he left March 26. His looks change with his hair growth and weight ( gain or loss ). There is so much to Joeys story it's hard to wrap my head around it all. Joey is an amazing person that people love to be around but sadly he struggles with drug addiction. He was clean 4 months when he left so our biggest fear is an overdose, which he has done more then once in the past. He has left before but he has always stayed in touch and never this long. He left on Saturday night with 2 "friends " and from what I was told they did get drugs and they are seen on footage at a CVS store. The friends said they dropped Joey off back home about 2:30-3:00 but he never came in..... He couldn't come in cause I had the security system on, but he could have called and knows we would disarm it for him. From there he was seen in a mans back wooded yard on Stoney Battery road (not far from home). Joey told the guy he lost his job and was homeless. It was cold out and the man warmed him up and took him to the moveable feast to get a bite to eat, he offered Joey a ride to a shelter but Joey refused. At 6:31 pm his sister got a text from his phone that said good-bye. Then we got a call about 7:30-8:00 that someone found his phone under the Mountville Bridge by the railroad tracks, it was laying up on a wall. When I got the phone all the information was deleted like texts /calls anything that would give us a clue who he was talking to. Only thing I could tell from the fitness tracker was he walked 8 miles starting in the early morning hours 3:35 am it starts, with a break or little action between 12:54 till 5:29 then light movement. We believe he dumped the phone right after texting good bye. I'm torn between he took off or he's dead somewhere, either way we need him home. I just have a hard time with him not letting someone know he's ok. If he's been in touch with anyone since March 27 they aren't talking. It's been cold here at night and he is wearing what he has on in that picture which isn't enough to survive the cold. I have his phone but don't have his iCloud or email pass words to get in and restore the phone. I am working with Apple but it could take awhile..... Always issues with sicurity. Took this long to get him listed as missing because the police were waiting on a warrant because he's 24 they couldn't do anything even if they found him. Can't say I agreed with that one, but they have been very helpful to us. We have been sending out posters from Facebook before the official missing persons report. Plus taking them to all the stores in the area and looking ourselves for him. Anyone have any ideas of what else I can do? Sorry if there are typos been going on little sleep and to much coffee.

Thank you Richard !!! Way to much learning for me this month.

I have to ask the obvious. Any bodies of water nearby?

Well it's a scary thought. We boat in them waters every summer.

I am just learning this so bare with me here. Richard I couldn't reply to the message. On his Facebook there are a few pictures of his tattoos. His hand scar stands out and will give him away. It's from a motor cycle accident a few years ago. The picture of him with the buzz was taken the day he left March 26. His looks change with his hair growth and weight ( gain or loss ). There is so much to Joeys story it's hard to wrap my head around it all. Joey is an amazing person that people love to be around but sadly he struggles with drug addiction. He was clean 4 months when he left so our biggest fear is an overdose, which he has done more then once in the past. He has left before but he has always stayed in touch and never this long. He left on Saturday night with 2 "friends " and from what I was told they did get drugs and they are seen on footage at a CVS store. The friends said they dropped Joey off back home about 2:30-3:00 but he never came in..... He couldn't come in cause I had the security system on, but he could have called and knows we would disarm it for him. From there he was seen in a mans back wooded yard on Stoney Battery road (not far from home). Joey told the guy he lost his job and was homeless. It was cold out and the man warmed him up and took him to the moveable feast to get a bite to eat, he offered Joey a ride to a shelter but Joey refused. At 6:31 pm his sister got a text from his phone that said good-bye. Then we got a call about 7:30-8:00 that someone found his phone under the Mountville Bridge by the railroad tracks, it was laying up on a wall. When I got the phone all the information was deleted like texts /calls anything that would give us a clue who he was talking to. Only thing I could tell from the fitness tracker was he walked 8 miles starting in the early morning hours 3:35 am it starts, with a break or little action between 12:54 till 5:29 then light movement. We believe he dumped the phone right after texting good bye. I'm torn between he took off or he's dead somewhere, either way we need him home. I just have a hard time with him not letting someone know he's ok. If he's been in touch with anyone since March 27 they aren't talking. It's been cold here at night and he is wearing what he has on in that picture which isn't enough to survive the cold. I have his phone but don't have his iCloud or email pass words to get in and restore the phone. I am working with Apple but it could take awhile..... Always issues with sicurity. Took this long to get him listed as missing because the police were waiting on a warrant because he's 24 they couldn't do anything even if they found him. Can't say I agreed with that one, but they have been very helpful to us. We have been sending out posters from Facebook before the official missing persons report. Plus taking them to all the stores in the area and looking ourselves for him. Anyone have any ideas of what else I can do? Sorry if there are typos been going on little sleep and to much coffee.

Thank you for this post. I'm sure it must be hard on many levels to type all that out and for ppl you don't know to read about your son and his struggles.

Websleuthers are caring compassionate people and do not judge anyone or their situations. I think we all just really want to help.

You've given us a lot of information and knowledge is power. Prayer is also power, so please know that when I am on my knees with my beads in my hands tonight your son and your family will be in my prayers.

I lost my best friend of 40 years and my oldest sister to addiction. I've struggled with my own addictions and can truthfully say there but for the grace of God go I. I cannot and will not assume to know your pain but I do know the feeling of helplessness we experience when those we love are in the clutches of addiction.

Please reach out to us if you can think of anything you need to help you. I'm sure there are members like me who have just read your post and are taking in all that information to do what they can to think of ways that might help.

God bless you.

limecat....what a nice post. I too understand the struggles of addiction as I have been there as well.

MyJoey......thank you so much for sharing with us and joining this forum. As Limecat mentioned, everyone here wants to help and cares regardless of circumstances. The first thing I noticed about Joey was his great smile....he looks like a handsome and friendly guy. I hope so much he comes home soon. My heart hurts for you.

Here is a link for info that Websleuths has set up for families of the missing.....there are tons of ideas and resources. I really hope this helps. There are such brilliant minds here on this forum and many, many ideas of how to get the word out.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?188-Families-of-the-Missing-Resources-helps-tips

Am keeping you and Joey in my prayers.

." At 6:31 pm his sister got a text from his phone that said good-bye. Then we got a call about 7:30-8:00 that someone found his phone under the Mountville Bridge "

So, in the short span of 1 hour, a text was sent, and then the phone was found, and no sign of Joey. Did he know the person who found his phone? He could not have gone too far in an hour. And no less the phone was found under the bridge. I would think days or weeks could go by before someone would just be under a bridge stumbling upon a phone.

Welcome, Joey's Mom. Though, I wish it were under different circumstances.
I hope your Joey is found safe and soon. I can't imagine your worry and despair. I wish I had a magic wand, or, at least some
Magic words to comfort you through this. I send you hugs and prayers. Anything any of us can do...please, don't hesitate to ask.

Is there a homless community in the area? Empty or abandoned homes/buildings should be checked.

Awe thank you Limecat made me cry but nice tears. Joey is really amazing, I know we all think that of our kids are but he just has double duty personality. He lights up a room. Of course there is the dark side that comes with addiction, when he's down he's down and he will use to numb any uncomfortable feelings he has. The past year and a half he really got himself into trouble with his using and the more he stuggled to stay clean the more the justice system kept delaying him which made it worse for him. He gets clean and goes complete opposite, works out every day, makes healthy meals, goes to meetings he has stayed clean 8 months at a time ..... Then just like that he's using again and each time is worse then the time before. There are really no words to the hell he goes through and sadly the family gets front row seats to the craziness.

The Phone: No I don't think he knew the person, it was a kid about 14 maybe. From what I understand he wanted to keep it and his older brother was like no we need to find out who this belongs to. The kid said he found it a few hours prior which could not be true because it was Joey that texted and the kid had to find it pretty much right away like with in 15 mins of Joey leaving it because the fitness tracker shows steps every few mins and the phone keeps moving the longest it's still is 15 mins. The area it was found in, kids hang out there and walk the tracks. By the time we got there it was dark 8:30 maybe. The next day we walked the tracks looking for signs of him but nothing.

Thank you. Yes there is and we have handed out posters. Friends of ours have a business that does inspections for banks on houses and abandoned properties so they have been keeping us posted on the places that are broken into or show signs of people being there. If you have a Facebook please just put his picture out there. Even if your in another state because at this point we have no idea where he could be. We don't know if he jumped a train, got a ride from a trucker or if he is waiting to be found dead somewhere.... Which I'll take the addiction over death any day, I still have hope. Joey has always been a home town boy so it's hard to see him heading far away, but when his head is messed up idk.

From there he was seen in a mans back wooded yard on Stoney Battery road (not far from home). Joey told the guy he lost his job and was homeless. It was cold out and the man warmed him up and took him to the moveable feast to get a bite to eat, he offered Joey a ride to a shelter but Joey refused..

Do we know what time frame this all happened within?

Thank you. Yes there is and we have handed out posters. Friends of ours have a business that does inspections for banks on houses and abandoned properties so they have been keeping us posted on the places that are broken into or show signs of people being there. If you have a Facebook please just put his picture out there. Even if your in another state because at this point we have no idea where he could be. We don't know if he jumped a train, got a ride from a trucker or if he is waiting to be found dead somewhere.... Which I'll take the addiction over death any day, I still have hope. Joey has always been a home town boy so it's hard to see him heading far away, but when his head is messed up idk.

I have downloaded his flier and have been sharing. Have you reached out to a missing persons advocate? Someone online who can get his flier going viral? Also, have you contacted local search groups? They can be a godsend.

H. Joseph “Joey” Ressler III - Probation Violation Arrest Warrant - Lancaster County - 26 Mar 2016

Hershey Joseph “Joey” Ressler III :: White / Male / 24 Years Old

5’ 9″ :: 220 Lbs. :: Brown Eyes :: Buzz-Cut Brown Hair

Numerous Tattoos :: 3" Scar Outer Left Hand

Mountville, West Hempfield Township, Lancaster County, is in South-Eastern, PA.

Day Fifteen

Flyer:

12924462_1678114505770502_5159501081407133570_n.jpg

Joey's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009434272277&fref=ts

West Hempfield Township Police Department :: (800) 957-2677

https://lancaster.crimewatchpa.com/westhempfieldpd/11465/post/missing-personwanted-person
&
https://www.facebook.com/westhempfieldpolice/

Criminal Court Docket Sheet:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-36-CR-0000065-2016:

IPP = Intermediate Punishment Program

Also:

"The Moveable Feast" is a nearby Restaurant :: http://www.themoveablefeast.net/restaurant-menu
&
Last Known Location, "The Mountville Bridge", is a Small Highway Bridge over Railroad Tracks

State-by-State VINE®LinkS:

https://vinelink.com/#/map

A$ Alway$ :: PA Crime$topper$
Anonymou$ Reward :: 1-800-4PA-TIPS
https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/

Are we all feeling confident that Joey sent the "goodbye" text? Why wipe the phone...? Hmmmm
Joey, where are you, you need to come home now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back