CA CA - John Scialabba, 23, Mountain View, 26 Feb 2001

I was just looking at him today and thought he really reminded me of Lyle. There is no DNA sample yet available for John Scialabba.

Scialabba isn't listed in NAMUS and there really isn't much on him out there. I read something that is is believed he jumped from a bridge, and other reports that he told his sister he needed some time alone. There are no witness reports of him actually entering the water.

Does anyone have any more info on the scialabba case? I need better photos, but the resemblance is remarkable.

Yeah I agree, that photo doesn't look like Lyle at all. It's so funny how angles in photos matter so much. Because our brain so badly wants to make a match, you can start to see things that aren't there.

So true! That's why I don't trust myself to make UID matches. I usually only see similarities!

I did submit this as a possible match to NAMUS but I never heard back, probably because JRS doesn't have DNA in the system it looks like.

I did submit this as a possible match to NAMUS but I never heard back, probably because JRS doesn't have DNA in the system it looks like.
He does have fingerprints avaliable elsewhere though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Why does John Robert Scialabba not come up when I search for him under missing persons of California on the California DOJ website?

When will we hear back if JRS is excluded (or is actually Lyle)? I think there are too many eerie similarities between these two to overlook. Hasn't it been a year since he was submitted??

When will we hear back if JRS is excluded (or is actually Lyle)? I think there are too many eerie similarities between these two to overlook. Hasn't it been a year since he was submitted??

I agree. There has got to be a faster way to get an answer. I'm new to this site so just learning but can we forward info directly to the detective working the John Scialabba case? I'm from the SF Bay area so his home location is not far from me. I'd love to help any way I can to confirm or eliminate John.

I agree. There has got to be a faster way to get an answer. I'm new to this site so just learning but can we forward info directly to the detective working the John Scialabba case? I'm from the SF Bay area so his home location is not far from me. I'd love to help any way I can to confirm or eliminate John.

They may be able to answer this question on Reddit. There is a subreddit for Lyle where you'll get a faster response. I've tried to sign up on reddit, but have never been able to create a username for some reason. The mods there seem much more interested than on websluths.

John Scialabba has been ruled out per the people on Reddit. I thought for sure it was him.

Thank you for the update. I was starting to feel John was not Lyle after the updates on the isotopes, but I still thought it possible.

My first post! I wish I had something useful to post about John Scialabba, but I don't. I've been lurking on this site for a couple of weeks before finally joining, and I thought it was interesting that I stumbled upon John's case on February 26, the anniversary of him having gone missing. If his family is out there and still looking for him, I'm trying to look for him, too (although there seems to be almost nothing to go on), albeit in my very amateur and small ways. There are also other cases that have captured my interest, but everyone is a beginner and starts somewhere, right?

I'm overwhelmed and incredibly saddened by all of the missing and unidentified cases out there . . .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back