The Grand Jury & Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a live report and I am wrangling sick kiddo so maybe I misheard. I will see if I can find anything else about it.

I agree. I'm very curious why the defense would make this request to visit the locations in person. Perhaps to show how he could've been distracted when driving from breakfast to his work? So show how close other cars were to his parked in the lot all day which would indicate he wouldn't leave his son there on purpose? I really don't know what they are thinking!
Maybe defense will say dad was rushed. Dad didnt have time to cook his son breakfast so Mr responsible dad (cough) took him for fast food then quickly realized he was going to be late for work. Maybe he had been late a couple of times and his boss reprimanded him so his mind went to not being late rather than daycare. Maybe the defense will ask if LE has had car professionally cleaned or cleaned in any way then they go into if the smell was so bad some of that maybe would linger. Jurors would leave the car mentally not smelling anything. Showing his office may show that he would have to walk past his boss and his boss would see him arriving to work late. Pure speculation at a possible defense strategy.

I'm in total agreement with you, JLSChook!

Thank you for the link! he makes me feel physically sick and I'm in agreement with both of you. I was just wondering why the PP thought he "stood a good chance" of getting off easy.

I'll be checking back here, hopefully we can stream the trial..

Thank you for the link! he makes me feel physically sick and I'm in agreement with both of you. I was just wondering why the PP thought he "stood a good chance" of getting off easy.

I'll be checking back here, hopefully we can stream the trial..

It is hard to say why a prognosis of him getting off easy is out there but it probably stems from statistics where kids ended up dead while in a parent's care, especially really young kids like Cooper. People get away with things like this too often, imo; those who pay, pay very little while many just get off completely.

You can never know what a jury is going to do even when presented with solid facts and undeniable evidence. Little Caylee not getting justice is proof of that.

IMO.

Hi everyone - I posted a recap of Season 2 Episode 1 of the AJC Breakdown podcast about JRH in the new podcast thread, in case anyone is interested in reading it.

I haven't seen anything. I don't know what the prosecution would gain from that?

Another article says they expect 300+ jurors today who will fill out a 17-page questionaire about the case. I would be interested in hearing what % answers each question each way.

It seems I cannot access this site without paying ..... is there a way to bypass that? Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks!

I think you can only access a limited number of articles a day from MDJ's newspaper because I'm getting the message now too. I'm not sure if you're on your cell phone, computer, or iPad, but maybe try another device that you can access the internet on?

I think you can only access a limited number of articles a day from MDJ's newspaper because I'm getting the message now too. I'm not sure if you're on your cell phone, computer, or iPad, but maybe try another device that you can access the internet on?

I'm on a laptop and it's my only device. Thank you!

If you are getting the pop-up advertisement to register....
what I did to be able to read the page was to click on the link again and really quick before the pop-up comes up - right click on your mouse pad and click the x or stop button to stop the pop-up from loading. It worked for me.

I don't like this guy, I don't like the way he looks and I don't like the things I have read about his egotistical character but it is an uphill battle to convict him of anything other than being negligent. We'll see.

The MDJ article mentioned how 15-20 media agencies, including BBC, Reuters, AP, CNN, FOX News, Atlanta's ABC, NBC, and CBS stations, have all applied to send representatives to the trial. That's eight media outlets right there. I can speculate on who the rest of them are: Birmingham media outlets, other Atlanta media outlets not mentioned like the AJC, ABC, NBC, possibly People Magazine, Daily Mail, etc. It's obvious the case will receive national coverage but it remains to be seen to what extent. The media probably doesn't even know yet; they have to see how much interest there is first. HLN has been covering jury selection but they haven't announced yet whether they will cover the trial live. Maybe they have decided they will not, or maybe they haven't made a decision yet. If they did, there's no reason to not announce it. I maintain that HLN will give the case the most media attention out of all the national media, regardless if they cover the trial live or not. I said before that I think we will see a substantial increase in attention when the verdict is due to come in. But for the 5 weeks prior to that, who knows? There is a crazy election going on.

At this point, I do feel like there is a lot of hype regarding the coverage. It's similiar to a movie coming out and the advertising for it calling it "the biggest movie of the summer" before we even get box office information. For example, the MDJ article says "huge media interest" with 15-20 media agencies applying to cover the case. I did a search for trial "media agencies" to see what it was in other cases. I found a document saying that 52 media agencies applied to cover OJ Simpson's Las Vegas trial (for which he is currently in jail). I wouldn't be surprised if the 15-20 number increases as the trial goes on, but saying there's huge media interest in a trial that as of right now, has less than half the amount of media interest there was in OJ's Vegas trial seems like it doesn't match up.

If you are getting the pop-up advertisement to register....
what I did to be able to read the page was to click on the link again and really quick before the pop-up comes up - right click on your mouse pad and click the x or stop button to stop the pop-up from loading. It worked for me.
Use Chrome browser on desktop/laptop then right click on the small Chrome icon then click on "new incognito window". This will usually alwys work as it appears to the newspaper this is your first visit. Also works on Android cell phones. Open Chrome browser then click on the 3 small dots in upper right corner then "new incognito tab"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong