FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting post on the guestbook:

http://jenniferkesse.123guestbook.com/?page=19

On 4-21-14 the Kesse's state that the original FBI statement of the person parking the car being btw 5'3" and 5'5" is really only a "possibility". So the person may be taller?

Actually thats not correct i remember at the time they had someone walk that same walk then matching it to the perp video and with computer tech's put the guy who's height was knowen beside the perp and thats how they could be so precise on his height..

Actually thats not correct i remember at the time they had someone walk that same walk then matching it to the perp video and with computer tech's put the guy who's height was knowen beside the perp and thats how they could be so precise on his height..

Having read a bit on the subject, I am under the impression that the consensus amongst those following the case closely is that the POI's height is unknown. The OPD conducted their own study, and I believe they concluded that the POI was 5'5. However, some of criticized the OPD's study, and many believe the POI is taller than 5'5. I believe that at least one or two "experts" have concurred. And I recall reading that a team of academics from UF used triangulation to conclude that the POI's height was likely around 5'10 and possibly taller. more discussion here

I don't think that LE has ever officially wavered from 5'3-5'7, but I don't believe that they have been vocal regarding the POI's height in recent years, which suggests that they may be open to other possibilities.

I never saw anything directly from the FBI on how they did it. But the media has reported it over and over. The Kesse's also have some reservations about how the FBI has handled - or not handled - Jennifer's case. Maybe it does need to be revisited. But then there a lot of things about this that need to be reviewed again.

I still come back to this case and search the internet. Now that I have rediscovered the guestbook on the Jennifer Kesse site I found a few of the responses by the Kesse family to be interesting.

I want to lean toward the abductor being someone Jennifer knew. Someone for whom she would open her door if they knocked on her door in the morning. A lady lays out clothing that she might wear, but after getting dressed she doesn't put away the articles she didn't select? Did she always do that and just put them away when she got home? Or was there a knock on the door just before she left? The down sides to that theory is why would they take her briefcase and there was no obvious sign of a struggle in the apartment. If it occurred in the parking lot wouldn't she be surprised or suspicious if she saw them there?

I think an abduction could have occurred in the parking lot. But they assault Jennifer and have the presence of mind to pick up her briefcase or anything else she might have dropped? Did they use her car? LE has said the only forensic evidence is a partial fingerprint and a DNA fiber. But no mention of blood or other such evidence of a crime, especially in the trunk, from Jennifer. And the workers were there by 0730 and her car was already gone.

And in the guestbook post, the Kesse family states that her phone was turned off at 10:40 PM. Could the clothes on the bed be what she took out of her luggage? Someone knocked on her door? But again, no signs of struggle in the condo and why take the briefcase.

The missing briefcase. Was the abductor just as interested in that as they were Jennifer herself? If it were ONLY the briefcase they could stolen it while she was on her trip. Unless an alarm system was the problem. An alarm system. That takes me back to either she was abducted in the parking lot or she opened the door herself for the abductor. I don't know if there was a functioning alarm system, but whoever abducted Jennifer might not have known for sure either.

I've started reading about Jennifer's case again. I know Jennifer is going to be featured on disappeared soon, but wasn't she on another show as well? I remember watching it a few years back and I'd like to watch it again but I can't find any info. I could have sworn it was an episode of disappeared but that can't be right since she's being on in the future.

I've started reading about Jennifer's case again. I know Jennifer is going to be featured on disappeared soon, but wasn't she on another show as well? I remember watching it a few years back and I'd like to watch it again but I can't find any info. I could have sworn it was an episode of disappeared but that can't be right since she's being on in the future.

Jennifer was previously featured on Vanished with Beth Holloway.

There was also an episode on CBS (48 Hours?) called "Stolen Beauty". It was about Jennifer and the Georgia beauty queen, Tara Grinstead.

Interesting that both phones were dead or disabled at around the same time
Comment from the Kesses

there are 2 cell phones still missing and never found. Jennifer's and an additional one left in her condo by a family friend staying at her condo while she was away. Jennifer was going to mail the second phone presumably whenever she was able upon her return to Orlando 1/23/2006. Those phones we were told were pinging a little after 10pm on 1/23/2006 and went silent at approx. 10:40p by manual shut down and presumed removal of cell batteries. The ping study was not an exact science then and gave us little the investigators can use

So Jennifer pops out to find a FedEx store that is open, is accosted (in the Mosaic parking lot?) forced to drive somewhere, perp sees phones at some point and disables them to avoid tracking/pinging. Perp hides her where no one will ever find her, cleans up her car and parks it at HOG or pays a random worker to park it.
Does this theory have a ton of holes I am not thinking of????

Jennifer didn't run out to meet someone for drinks, she didn't sleep at her apt. The clothes laid out were for the next morning. She took a shower after work so the tub is still wet the next day (Fl humidity)
She left her work bag in the car instead of taking it inside after Monday's work day. The perp takes the bag as-a trophy? The bag has never been found.

She ends the call with her boyfriend at 9:57 and by 10:40 her phone and the brother's friends' phone are disabled.
She was tired but maybe felt a sense of urgency to get the phone off to it's owner instead of dealing with it in the morning. Even in 2006 people were dependent on their phones. This is the theory that LE seemed to start out with but it fizzled out, but how come?
Her routine was to call her BF before leaving for work, which she didn't do. I just don't buy that she slept in the apt.

some of the undocumented workers were living in the complex and would have been around at all hours. One guy in particular was really creepy and freaked out a woman at the fitness center.

If Jennifer was taken during a trip out, why park her car so close to her condo?

I don't know why they chose HOG. It has been discussed here a lot. If the perp needed to get to Mosaic to get to work it is within 1 mile of Mosaic though.

I don't know why they chose HOG. It has been discussed here a lot. If the perp needed to get to Mosaic to get to work it is within 1 mile of Mosaic though.

It is a direct walk to Mosaic from HOG...

So Jennifer pops out to find a FedEx store that is open, is accosted (in the Mosaic parking lot?) forced to drive somewhere, perp sees phones at some point and disables them to avoid tracking/pinging. Perp hides her where no one will ever find her, cleans up her car and parks it at HOG or pays a random worker to park it.
Does this theory have a ton of holes I am not thinking of????

Jennifer didn't run out to meet someone for drinks, she didn't sleep at her apt. The clothes laid out were for the next morning. She took a shower after work so the tub is still wet the next day (Fl humidity)
She left her work bag in the car instead of taking it inside after Monday's work day. The perp takes the bag as-a trophy? The bag has never been found.

She ends the call with her boyfriend at 9:57 and by 10:40 her phone and the brother's friends' phone are disabled.
She was tired but maybe felt a sense of urgency to get the phone off to it's owner instead of dealing with it in the morning. Even in 2006 people were dependent on their phones. This is the theory that LE seemed to start out with but it fizzled out, but how come?
Her routine was to call her BF before leaving for work, which she didn't do. I just don't buy that she slept in the apt.

some of the undocumented workers were living in the complex and would have been around at all hours. One guy in particular was really creepy and freaked out a woman at the fitness center.

Not too many holes to be honest, however I've followed this case since day one since I lived in the area and here is my thoughts about your theory. 1. Why would she leave to drop off the phone after 10pm the UPS store closes at 7pm. Also it is a decent drive to the nearest one across the bridge in Kirkman Oaks (UPS) or the Fedex store that closes at 9pm on 3120 S Kirkman Rd. But she did take her purse.. hmm

2.Lets say she wasn't aware, The is biizarre odds that a stranger would anticipate her re exiting her house again after she would have turned in for the evening. However, someone she knew or knew about here could have lured her out if that was the case.

3. Perp cleaning the car, this all takes place within a 14hr window and the perp smoke a cigarette after cleaning. odd. didnt take the dvd player odd. Parking in broad daylight and walking away odd. If it was an associate you are involving more people with mouths to keep shut. But they could have parked it behind a supermarket or in a parking lot full of cars. HOG is not in the nicest area but it must of been close to where ever they were going, the moisac 1 mile. Being picked up. who knows.. the frustrating thing is no one has talked, family member or friend/associate of the perp.

All good points, Shin. I know you are very fluent in this case.
It seems unlikely that Jennifer would have left her condo for any reason after 10 pm.
Morning abduction by someone who knew her routine seems more likely. But the phones tell a different story.
Supposedly the phones pinged away from her condo after 10 pm.
I have read they pinged from a certain area but is is unconfirmed by LE.
Also someone asked the Kesses if it was true that Jennifer's key fob was found in Windemere. They said LE said there was a key found there but they would not say if it was Jennifer's.

All good points, Shin. I know you are very fluent in this case.
It seems unlikely that Jennifer would have left her condo for any reason after 10 pm.
Morning abduction by someone who knew her routine seems more likely. But the phones tell a different story.
Supposedly the phones pinged away from her condo after 10 pm.
I have read they pinged from a certain area but is is unconfirmed by LE.
Also someone asked the Kesses if it was true that Jennifer's key fob was found in Windemere. They said LE said there was a key found there but they would not say if it was Jennifer's.

Actual reply regarding key fob:

"a FOB was found and could be Jennifer's but Investigators have that info and have not and will not share because I don't think they know if it is. So???"

Just went back a few pages on this thread-interesting discussion. Good to see people are actively discussing Jennifer's case.
I am careful not to take anything written at BOC as fact. I know she was the one who wrote about phones being powered down by battery removal. However, the Kesse's themselves corrorborate this in a message board comment, so I believe BOC's statement on the phones.
Sometimes I feel like the whole thing leads back to JC. Mad that she spurned him and went on vac. with her boyfriend.
But I don't see how he can either call her or show up at her apt. unannounced without leaving a trace. No way did they have verbal plans to meet late Tues. Well I don't want to be redundant and keep bringing up angles that have already been dicussed at length. I did find the message board and forum connected to the Kesse's website to have good info though. If a fact of the case is clarified by them I take it as fact. Highly reccomend reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708