GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

Ireton also said that Shunn was last seen at his work place on April 11 and didn’t show up for work the following day. While Patenaude was last seen close to where the couple live, the 27800 block of Whitman Road in Arlington, Washington.

The Everett Herald reports that the couple were involved in a lawsuit with their neighbors. They accused their neighbors of bringing wild dogs and cars on to their land without permission, according to the Seattle Times. The newspaper says that the latest hearing in the case had been scheduled for last week but was postponed until May.

In a now-deleted Facebook post, Shunn’s brother said that one of Shunn and Patenaude’s neighbors was also missing.“They also had a neighbor that harassed Monique and is not a good guy. He is squatting on a property adjacent to Pat and Monique’s. He is missing too and I think if they can find him, we will get some answers.”

http://heavy.com/news/2016/04/patri...-missing-couple-washington-neighbors-suspect/

Court records show the couple are now embroiled in a legal dispute with neighbors, some of whom Shunn and Patenaude claim have repeatedly trespassed on their property near the Stillaguamish River with recreational vehicles and unleashed dogs. A trial on the civil case has been set for later this year.

A neighbor had “harassed Monique and is not a good guy. He is squatting on a property adjacent to Pat and Monique’s,” Erik Shunn said. ”He is missing too and I think if they can find him, we will get some answers.”

Reached by phone Wednesday afternoon, a neighbor named as a defendant in the couple’s lawsuit said he didn’t know anything about their disappearance. “I know police are investigating it and doing everything they can, other than that, I don’t really have any comments.”

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...s-office-asks/

(snipped)

A neighbor had “harassed Monique and is not a good guy. He is squatting on a property adjacent to Pat and Monique’s,” Erik Shunn said. "He is missing too and I think if they can find him, we will get some answers.”

(snipped)

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...s-office-asks/

Bolded by me. All reprts of a neighbor being missing seem to trace back to this one quote from the brother.

What makes some people think they can trespass, ride ATV's, drive their vehicles and let their dogs loose on another's property? And to keep doing this after asked to stop? Why wouldn't the judge issue the restraining order just to be on the safe side? No help from local LE? They just let the local rednecks bully this couple with impunity? I guess so. <modsnip>

That's their version, as told by the brother, at any rate. But most stories have two sides and we haven't heard the other one. If the judge didn't issue the restraining order, then perhaps there's other information that we haven't heard yet.

Did anyone else catch the real quick snippet of the brother saying something about a fist fight?
It was on Nancy Grace and I wasnt able to tell who the fist fight was between.

The one pic shows the deputies waiting to enter the property on the road leading it, the gate was locked with many locks needed a key. The neighbor let them in. The fact her car was missing, now found, would lead me to believe they took her elsewhere. Would they take the time to relock up? Also her puppy being outside, makes me think she was outside when approached. IMHO

Did anyone else catch the real quick snippet of the brother saying something about a fist fight?
It was on Nancy Grace and I wasnt able to tell who the fist fight was between.

Snipped....
SHUNN: Yes, ma`am. The last time I was up there, and this is why I feel so bad. I got in a fight with my own brother because they got her and her friend got harassed by this neighbor and my brother wouldn`t call the cops, and so I got pissed and I went to the guys house to, you know, to call him out and, you know, honestly just beat his *advertiser censored*.

And he wouldn`t come out. I went back over to my brothers. My brother and I got in a fistfight about it. And so you can honestly understand, I feel pretty bad about the last time I left the situation...

Full transcript here: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1604/14/ng.01.html

But, but, but....the second last sentence in the article at the link below has a hyper link attached to the term "legal dispute" --- although it reads:

Docket records unavailable online.
Court: Snohomish Superior
Case Number: 13-2-09240-7

:dunno:

:thinking:

Former B.C. woman, American husband missing in Washington State
April 15, 2016

Snipped...

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/former-b-c-woman-american-husband-missing-in-washington-state-1.2860614

Snipped...
...Court records show the couple was named in a legal dispute. A hearing date was cancelled on April 7.

So WHO cancelled the April 7th hearing????..And WHY???

:dunno:

Snipped...
...Court records show the couple are now embroiled in a legal dispute with neighbors, some of whom Shunn and Patenaude claim have repeatedly trespassed on their property near the Stillaguamish River with recreational vehicles and unleashed dogs. A trial on the civil case has been set for later this year.

Erik Shunn noted on Facebook on Wednesday that a neighbor had &#8220;harassed Monique and is not a good guy.&#8221;

&#8220;He is squatting on a property adjacent to Pat and Monique&#8217;s,&#8221; Erik Shunn&#8217;s post added. &#8221;He is missing too and I think if they can find him, we will get some answers.&#8221;

Reached by phone Wednesday afternoon, a neighbor named as a defendant in the couple&#8217;s lawsuit said he didn&#8217;t know anything about their disappearance.

&#8220;I know police are investigating it and doing everything they can,&#8221; he said. &#8220;Other than that, I don&#8217;t really have any comments.&#8221;

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/help-us-find-missing-arlington-couple-sheriffs-office-asks/

What makes some people think they can trespass, ride ATV's, drive their vehicles and let their dogs loose on another's property? And to keep doing this after asked to stop? Why wouldn't the judge issue the restraining order just to be on the safe side? No help from local LE? They just let the local rednecks bully this couple with impunity? I guess so. <modsnip>

There is something about the Stillaguamish Valley that reminds me of Deliverance. It is mossy and foggy much of the time. Beautiful but creepy. It was settled by Appalachians. I think they came for logging and coal mines then stayed. I was exploring this area once with a local who told me his neighbors didn't send their kids to school, hunted possum and made their own moonshine. When I think of buying a cabin or small hobby farm in the Cascades this is the last place I would pick because of the culture- redneck isn't the right word because there isn't enough sun but is it backwoods. On the plus side there are so many hiking trails and there is a nice bluegrass festival every summer.

Not surprised local LE isn't exactly proactive in a neighbor dispute in this area.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back