GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

I wouldn't mind if someone wanted to add buildings to my property at their expense, but I would expect the civil court to recognize the real property report. What was going on here? Were people presuming that private land was public land, and the municipality did not enforce property rights?

Somewhat off topic, but basically they just assumed they could get away with it.

If they were BOTH going to commit suicide, why would they drive separate cars off the cliff? I'd go down with my husband in one car if it was a suicide pact.

The neighbors filed a claim for April 7, that was rescheduled to May, and in the meantime the defendants vanished and their cars were trashed?

No, I think you're confused. The missing couple Pat and Monique filed the lawsuit (they were the plaintiffs) against their neighbors. Said neighbors were then the defendants.

This reminds me of the Porters' murders.

In Campbell’s case, court records indicate that the prosecution intends to show Campbell paid $100,000 to have the Porters, who lived next door to him, killed. Campbell is in the Taney County Jail on no bond.

Campbell’s wife, Carolyn Campbell, was charged April 1 with lying to a grand jury about incidents surrounding the murder of the Porters. She was found dead of an apparent suicide at her home in Purdy two days later.
Discuss

http://www.bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_f804bda8-bc63-11e4-9a09-b3e4351e5015.html

As someone has mentioned before, Arlington is very "backwoods." It's not uncommon to see confederate flags there and even more so in neighboring cities. Neighboring Oso was home to a large anti-government group that tried to make their own county (Freedom County). Members of Freedom County filed crazy pleadings in the court that was hearing this case and gave "legal" advice to others (they weren't lawyers). Because they were members of "Freedom County," they claimed the regular laws didn't apply to them. Members of the group died in the mudslide. That's the level of law that is acceptable in some parts of Arlington. I don't really mean it in a negative way (to each their own), but the context is important to understand how neighbor disputes might be handled in Arlington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone has mentioned before, Arlington is very "backwoods." It's not uncommon to see confederate flags there and even more so in neighboring cities. Neighboring Oso was home to a large anti-government group that tried to make their own county (Freedom County). Members of Freedom County filed crazy pleadings in the court that was hearing this case and gave "legal" advice to others (they weren't lawyers). Because they were members of "Freedom County," they claimed the regular laws didn't apply to them. Members of the group died in the mudslide. That's the level of law that is acceptable in some parts of Arlington. I don't really mean it in a negative way (to each their own), but the context is important to understand how neighbor disputes might be handled in Arlington.

Thanks for the background. It sounds like Sovereign Citizens and the bunch who took over the Malheur Wildlife Refuge in Oregon. Lovely people. It's bad enough to live in the woods next to common criminals (which I have done) but when they have an ideology to go with it...not good. And I do mean it in a negative way. :) These folks are dangerous, in terms of both ideology and violence.

If the neighbor subscribed to this ideology, I wonder if Pat's brother confronting the neighbor was a tipping point.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/sovereign-citizens-movement

The silence is deafening, is there any searches going on for them? Have they gone to their home with forensics? Checking their property? Using dogs? I hope they are working this and just keeping it close to the vest. IMHO

The silence is deafening, is there any searches going on for them? Have they gone to their home with forensics? Checking their property? Using dogs? I hope they are working this and just keeping it close to the vest. IMHO

I'm sure they are.

There will be a press conference by Snohomish County Sheriff at 2pm regarding his case.

2pm west coast which is 5pm east?

Ugh this is so sad

There will be a press conference by Snohomish County Sheriff at 2pm regarding his case.

his FB says noon, I can't find any other info on it online. Did we miss it?

Please remember SM accts. Of the family are off limits.

Thanks!

his FB says noon, I can't find any other info on it online. Did we miss it?

Kiro 7 twitter says it will be held at 2pm PST (in a half hour) [video=twitter;721783348469829632]https://twitter.com/KIRO7Seattle/status/721783348469829632[/video]

DeborahHorne ‏@DeborahKIRO7 45m45 minutes ago

Brother of missing Arlington man & wife says they were murdered. Arrest warrants issued. @SnoCoSheriff holding newser at 2. @KIRO7Seattle

The link above hasn't mentioned anything about the presser ?????

Is the press conference still happening?
Live link isnt working.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back