DCF Shelter Hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Nin ~

From the news press article:

A request by Attorney Michael Mummert, Sievers' lawyer, for mediation was met by surprise by Allain. "I don't know that there's anything that mediateable but I'm certainly willing to go and participate," said Kristin Allain, a lawyer representing DCF. However, with Branning's urging, a future date was to be set for that hearing.

After the brief hearing Monday morning, Mummert said that the case has been very difficult on the two Siever's daughters, ages 11 and 9.
"They've lost two parents and their world has turned upside down," he said.

Has daddy dearest's lawyer (Mummert) forgotten the reason WHY those precious little girls have lost both parents ??? And why their world has been turned upside down?
Maybe he should ask his client why he killed their mother :mad:

A more accurate statement would have been to include the following: "My client is clearly going insane with the knowledge that his children are being cared for by their maternal grandmother. He is not able to cope or accept the fact that he is no longer able to control these decisions."

What a DB! Of course he can't care for the children, he's IN JAIL FOR MURDER (planning) of their mother. SMH. I really hate that guy!

from your link:

The judge also approved assigning a guardian ad litem for the children. A guardian ad litem is an appointed individual who acts in the child’s best interest and has powers, privileges, and responsibilities to the extent necessary to advance the best interest of the child.

"I think it's an excellent suggestion," Branning (the judge) said.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

i do too and Godspeed to Teresa's mother
jmo

from your link:

The judge also approved assigning a guardian ad litem for the children. A guardian ad litem is an appointed individual who acts in the child’s best interest and has powers, privileges, and responsibilities to the extent necessary to advance the best interest of the child.

"I think it's an excellent suggestion," Branning (the judge) said.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

i do too and Godspeed to Teresa's mother
jmo

I am stunned that they are just now assigning the girls a GAL. I thought that had already happened and it was just being kept under wraps to protect their privacy.

Thank goodness they have one now! Have mercy.

From the News-Press.com article linked above -

<snipped>
After the brief hearing Monday morning, Mummert said that the mediation could actually avert the need for the May 31 hearing.
"You have all the parties sitting there at the same time talking about resolving the case," he said, adding he has great hopes that that could happen. "But, it's not my decision. Part belongs to Mark, part to DCF. I'm in an advisory role."

Re BBM - Mummert is correct in saying he is in a "advisory role". I also interpret it as damage control for his own sake, professionally speaking. He knows his client. He knows what an adamant, control freak Mark is and that he is not going to be willing to bend in the least, especially with DCF advocating for MaryAnn keeping primary custody of the girls. A reasonable client would listen and adhere his attorney's advice. Mark is not a reasonable person though, especially when it comes to custody of his girls. I suspect Mummert has already figured that much out, hence his "advisory role" disclaimer. ;)

A more accurate statement would have been to include the following: "My client is clearly going insane with the knowledge that his children are being cared for by their maternal grandmother. He is not able to cope or accept the fact that he is no longer able to control these decisions."

Exactly! He is all about control.
Plus he wants to be able to get his paws/control on the MONEY that will eventually end up with his daughters and whoever receives permanent custody. Pfft
IMO Mark Sievers should have no say in this custody matter, yet here he is, dragging all this out with his insufficient motions. He is responsible for the brutal killing of their mother, and he still wants to try and control who gets custody of their children?
What Mark Sievers WANTS should never even be taken into consideration, as I'm sure those little girls WANT their mother back.
Every time I think of Mary Groves and her sacrificing every thing she has ever known by moving to Florida to care Teresa's girls, I get emotional. It just goes to show you that there is nothing stronger than a mothers love. Mark took that joy away from his own daughters, and now he's doing everything he can to hurt Mary even more by trying to erase TS's family completely from his daughters life. My heart just breaks for her, and I'm sure she has never even had time to properly grieve the loss of her own child, because of Mark.
I keep thinking about his picture of Mary, and it's heart-wrenching :frown:

635923506703655451-Sievers-03.jpg

picture courtesy of news-press
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...responds-custody-petition-daughters/82649500/

Mike Mummert dives into the MS cesspool yet again, delivering a variation on the Menendez Brothers' defense. Speaking of the Sievers' girls, he said: "They've lost two parents and their world has turned upside down," he said.

In the photo, Mark looks like he's gained some more weight but lost some arrogance.
How is Mummert related to the Menendez Bros. case?
This what I found on him: http://wp.fagalaw.com/attorney-mike-mummert.html

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

"Murder defendant Mark Sievers denied the allegations against him raised by the Florida Department of Children and Families at a hearing Monday, signaling his intention to fight the agency's efforts to remove his two daughters from his care."

Do we have any idea what the "allegations against him raised by DCF" are? Would these "allegations" be "just part of the process" when a sole surviving parent is incarcerated? As in, obviously if the parent is behind bars they are unable to care for their children. But that information needs to officially be heard by a judge in court so the judge can make an official ruling on things?

Or would/could this be some other kind of allegations against MS in regard to the girls? I hope that is not the case!

Also, I still don't really understand there being two different actions, one by DCF and the other, in a different court, by MAG seeking custody. If anyone who knows about these things could explain it, I'd appreciate it.

How is Mummert related to the Menendez Bros. case?
This what I found on him: http://wp.fagalaw.com/attorney-mike-mummert.html

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mummert's argument seems related (to me), not Mummert personally. The Menendez wanted mercy because, having killed their parents, they were orphans. Mummert argues that the Sievers' daughters have lost two parents, somehow overlooking that his client, the girls' father, arranged the murder of their mother. The implication seemed to be that the girls really need Mark now, or at least Bonnie, given that Mark killed their mother.

"Murder defendant Mark Sievers denied the allegations against him raised by the Florida Department of Children and Families at a hearing Monday, signaling his intention to fight the agency's efforts to remove his two daughters from his care."

Do we have any idea what the "allegations against him raised by DCF" are? Would these "allegations" be "just part of the process" when a sole surviving parent is incarcerated? As in, obviously if the parent is behind bars they are unable to care for their children. But that information needs to officially be heard by a judge in court so the judge can make an official ruling on things?

Or would/could this be some other kind of allegations against MS in regard to the girls? I hope that is not the case!

Also, I still don't really understand there being two different actions, one by DCF and the other, in a different court, by MAG seeking custody. If anyone who knows about these things could explain it, I'd appreciate it.

The "allegations" are probably just that MS is unavailable to care for the children and has been unable to make appropriate arrangements for them during his unavailability. He may be denying that he didn't make appropriate arrangements--in other words, he may be saying that his arrangements were going along fine until MG got involved.

The DCF action is something filed by the government vs a parent. The MG action is a private action filed by a relative. MG could have moved for custody within the DCF case but, strategically, she was better off filing her own petition so she would be an actual party with legal rights, rather than a proposed intervenor begging for the court's attention. I believe both petitions are being handled by the same judge now, which only makes sense.

The "allegations" are probably just that MS is unavailable to care for the children and has been unable to make appropriate arrangements for them during his unavailability. He may be denying that he didn't make appropriate arrangements--in other words, he may be saying that his arrangements were going along fine until MG got involved.

The DCF action is something filed by the government vs a parent. The MG action is a private action filed by a relative. MG could have moved for custody within the DCF case but, strategically, she was better off filing her own petition so she would be an actual party with legal rights, rather than a proposed intervenor begging for the court's attention. I believe both petitions are being handled by the same judge now, which only makes sense.

Well put AZ! Today's articles referenced multiple allegations which have not been made public. IIRC, one of them mentioned that one allegation is that MS is unable to care for the girls due to his incarceration. This seemed to imply there are other allegations. Anyone have any ideas as to the nature of those allegations?

Well put AZ! Today's articles referenced multiple allegations which have not been made public. IIRC, one of them mentioned that one allegation is that MS is unable to care for the girls due to his incarceration. This seemed to imply there are other allegations. Anyone have any ideas as to the nature of those allegations?

No and I've tried to find out. lol

Clearly they are being kept intentionally out of the public eye. It's not just the high-profile nature of the Sievers' criminal matter, but more because this is a juvenile custody proceeding.

I suspect we will hear exactly what those allegations are at the hearing. (Reporters will be permitted to attend.)

No and I've tried to find out. lol

Clearly they are being kept intentionally out of the public eye. It's not just the high-profile nature of the Sievers' criminal matter, but more because this is a juvenile custody proceeding.

I suspect we will hear exactly what those allegations are at the hearing. (Reporters will be permitted to attend.)

beach, do you suspect there could be any shocking allegations? With all of the twists and turns to date, it would not surprise me.

I've known of this gal that testified at the original DCF hearing for years. I was a little concerned that the original hearing didn't go so well but I was reassured after the comments about the DCF move being tactical, waves at oregonmomma!, I think she's got this you guys! She is one smart cookie and a fighter. I think the girls are in good hands with grandma and I can't see "T" (our DCF hero) letting them go without a fight.

beach, do you suspect there could be any shocking allegations? With all of the twists and turns to date, it would not surprise me.

I would think it would be pretty straight-forward and fairly routine, but I could easily be wrong.

I imagine it was pointed out that Mark was given ample time and opportunity to name others and those he chose didn't pass the background checks. And I also imagine there will be references to the charges he is facing - conspiring to have their mother murdered. (insinuating that those are serious allegations and, if proven, doesn't bode well for acting in the best interest of his daughters)

I really don't know what is routinely included in these sort of "Admissions". (admit/deny) It's been YEARS since I've handled any custody cases and only in one was DCF (CPS, in my state) involved.

Suffice it to say, I think Mark is sweating this one profusely. He does not want to lose control of who has custody of those girls. Bonnie filed her petition at literally the 11th hour, though she had plenty of opportunity. I'm sure that was done at Mark's urgent urging.

< snipped & BBM>

Agreed! This was such a smart move. (The importance can't be stressed enough!)

By all accounts, MAG is receiving very good legal counsel. I feel very good about everything I've seen to date.

nothing to worry about......MS is going crazy.....the girls are not dumb......they see that Mary is allowing them to talk to everyone.......he won't get what he wants......he should have been on that plane with his wife and the girls and come home together as a family instead of being a chicken $hit because he was fearful of losing his girls if TS divorced him.....karma Mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82