Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you live close to the fire area and are concerned, a public information number has been set up. That number is 540-442-9111. If the fire comes within a few hundred feet of your home, Holloway recommends calling 911.

Holloway says there are things you can do to keep your home safe.

"Safe up around your home, clean out, you know blow leaves away, try to get, shut up your buildings your garage doors and things like that's some of the ways you can do to help us.""

http://www.whsv.com/content/news/700-acres-burning-in-Shenandoah-National-Park-376128571.html

Regarding the comment about deleting her facebook account last year, that seems odd, or, maybe not "odd", but something people tend to do in response to something, some sort of drama? <modsnip>

Press Release from the National Park Service of the U.S.*Department of the Interior:*

Luray, VA &#8211; As part of planned rehabilitation work on trails and the observation platform at the summit, Shenandoah National Park Managers plan to temporarily close parts of the Hawksbill Mountain area.

Upper Hawksbill Parking, Upper Hawksbill Trail, Salamander Trail, Lower Hawksbill Trail, Byrds Nest 2 Shelter, Hawksbill Observation Platform, and the summit area of Hawksbill Mountain will be closed from*Wednesday, April 20 through Friday, April 22*and*Monday, April 25 through Friday, April 29.

All closures of these trails will be lifted for the weekend of*April 23-24.*The Hawksbill Observation Platform is being renovated as part of the National Park Service Centennial celebration. The project is being funded, in part, by a generous donation from the Shenandoah National Park Trust.

Press Release from the National Park Service of the U.S.*Department of the Interior:*

Luray, Virginia: For firefighter and visitor safety, more trail closures have been put into effect due to the Rocky Mount Fire in the south district of Shenandoah National Park. The following trails are closed until further notice: the Appalachian Trail from Powell Gap (mile 70) south to Doyles River Overlook (mile 82), Brown Mountain Trail, Big Run Portal Trail, Rocky Mountain Trail, Rockytop Trail, Big Run Loop Trail, Austin Mountain Trail, Lewis Peak Trail, Patterson Ridge Trail, Madison Run Spur Trail, the Madison Run Fire Road, the Rocky Mount Trail, the Gap Run Trail, and the Onemile Trail. The Pinefield Hut (mile 75) is closed. Skyline Drive, from Swift Run Gap (mile 65, Skyline Drive) south to Loft Mountain (mile 79), continues to be closed.

Currently over 200 personnel, 2 helicopters, 1 fixed wing aircraft and 8 engines are working to contain the fire. Resources assigned to the fire include personnel from the National Park Service, Virginia Department of Forestry, Rockingham County Department of Fire and Rescue, USDA Forest Service, US Fish and Wildlife Service, Georgia Forestry Commission, Department of Forestry Pueblo County, and Ute Agency. Additional firefighters and equipment are en route. The park and Skyline Drive remain open along with all major highways and visitor facilities in the park and adjacent communities.

You can also find current information on Inciweb -*http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/, the park facebook page &#8211;*http://www.facebook.com/shenandoahnps**and twitter*http://twitter.com/ShenandoahNPS.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/31764504...nto-effect-at-shenandoah-park-due-to-wildfire

Why would someone bully an adult? I don't understand that.

Online bullying can happen to everyone. It is a myth that bullies stop being bullies when they stop being children.

(Article from earlier: )

Trail Closures Put into Effect at Shenandoah Park Due to Wildfire
Upated:*Apr 19, 2016 3:26 PM MDT
http://www.nbc29.com/story/31764504...nto-effect-at-shenandoah-park-due-to-wildfire

"Firefighters are struggling to gain control of a raging wildfire that's now charred thousands of acres in the Shenandoah National Park.

The blaze now covers at least 3,000 acres, and it was first reported Saturday afternoon. Smoke from the Rocky Mountain fire is visible from Weyers Cave.*

The park closed more hiking trails, including a section of the Appalachian Trail.

A stretch of Skyline Drive that spans 14 miles is also closed to traffic. More than 200 people are battling the blaze, including fire crews from out of state."

I read some comments today. All I can say is now I feel she was awfully victimized.

Bullying needs to end.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Regarding the comment about deleting her facebook account last year, that seems odd, or, maybe not "odd", but something people tend to do in response to something, some sort of drama? <modsnip>

My guess is she deleted her Facebook after her name was mentioned with some not so flattering rumors on FU sometime last year. Probably didn't want to be found online by anyone that visits that site and saw the comments. Or maybe she got tired of Facebook like lots of people have. Could be related or not just more questions than answers at this point.

can someone shoot me a link from main stream media or law enforcement about bullying? I keep seeing references to it but haven't read it anywhere but here. Thanks

can someone shoot me a link from main stream media or law enforcement about bullying? I keep seeing references to it but haven't read it anywhere but here. Thanks
No, it's all speculation from SM.

Well then it must be true! Lol
(Sorry, just getting in and caught up with the latestimate facts, not trying to be snarky :) )
You should be snarky, Facebook comments from internet randos with no association are treated like gospel.

No results from today's search. No idea who saw her last or when. No idea what she was wearing.

It's time for me to get something to eat and some wine and wait to see what tomorrow brings. Too frustrating.

The problem is that the bullying posts are on a public forum that is anonymous and not moderated. Therefore, we can't link or post them. It's not a rumor that people were nasty to her online; it's a fact. The posts are still there. However, it's not something that MSM is likely to pick up because it's crass and immature. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean she didn't see it and/or that it didn't affect her.

Well then it must be true! Lol
(Sorry, just getting in and caught up with the latestimate facts, not trying to be snarky :) )

Doesn't matter if it was true or not, the fact that her name was mentioned In a public forum by someone the way it was and that would show up on any Google search of her name would most likely have shaken her up or caused paranoia IMO.

Not necessarily: If someone happened to pass her on the route to the White Oak Canyon Parking lot- if they happened to be working in the valley or area- it would be easy for them to turn around and follow her there. Her car is uncommon- and it would be very obvious to someone who frequents the area that she didn't belong. Because in that whole area (Syria, VA) if someone had that car everyone would know... I live in Northern Virginia (millions of cars) and I rarely see her type of car. It is memorable. And it would be especially memorable in an area of predominately SUV's and Trucks.

Which brings me to another point- Someone in that area has to remember something. They should interview people at the store and lodge.

I agree....I'm also in NoVa and I rarely see that type of car, when I do it catches my eye and I remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FuryRoadWarrior