DCF Shelter Hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm embarrassed to admit how long I spent on thesaurus.com searching for a adjective that would adequately describe "briefer than brief". Because that is how long I predict that mediation will last. :lol:

Some things in law are just formalities and this is one of them, IMO. The judge wants to give both parties the opportunity work something out amicably but I don't think he has any higher expectations than I do.

A more accurate statement would have been to include the following: "My client is clearly going insane with the knowledge that his children are being cared for by their maternal grandmother. He is not able to cope or accept the fact that he is no longer able to control these decisions."

Lol. Dexter Morgan approves this message.

Very well said my friend.

nothing to worry about......MS is going crazy.....the girls are not dumb......they see that Mary is allowing them to talk to everyone.......he won't get what he wants......he should have been on that plane with his wife and the girls and come home together as a family instead of being a chicken $hit because he was fearful of losing his girls if TS divorced him.....karma Mark!

Mark presence will make it harder for his mother to get custody. Especially when Curtis starts singing like Frank Sinatra. Jmo

I've known of this gal that testified at the original DCF hearing for years. I was a little concerned that the original hearing didn't go so well but I was reassured after the comments about the DCF move being tactical, waves at oregonmomma!, I think she's got this you guys! She is one smart cookie and a fighter. I think the girls are in good hands with grandma and I can't see "T" (our DCF hero) letting them go without a fight.

Mark doesn't stand a chance......these matters take time and it can be played like a chess game with strategic moves ..... Mary has performed greatly and as I said before , DCF knows more than they can publically tell.

There will always ppl who will manipulate and blame others for the current state of conditions because they think they have done nothing wrong. Mark is a prime example of this. He can fight all he wants and move his chess pieces but he can't win because he refuses to see the obvious because he's a control freak.

It's like saying, parenting a teen is like trying to nail jello to a tree. No one will ever be able to convince Mark that he needs help because he's a sociopath with controlling ways.

nothing to worry about......MS is going crazy.....the girls are not dumb......they see that Mary is allowing them to talk to everyone.......he won't get what he wants......he should have been on that plane with his wife and the girls and come home together as a family instead of being a chicken $hit because he was fearful of losing his girls if TS divorced him.....karma Mark!
And that the girls will be getting counseling after every meeting with MS to sort all the info out. Love it. Hopefully the girls will be able to mentally work their way through all the information they take in and put 2 and 2 together.

1. I was beyond shocked that there was no GAL until now. Consequently, nothing will surprise me re the placement of the girls.

2. First, MS tries a possible molester. Then he has some people that apparently really do not want the girls. One would think a GAL would be in order, but no.

3. Does BS's place allow children? Some do not allow for more than a few days.

4. According to something I read on here, BS moved to Florida to help with the girls although TS said she was not that much help. But she moved there ahead of MG.

5. BS and partner have written child friendly books and have affirmations of their skills. This and that they moved a few years ago may play in their favor. http://www.showmewebcenters.com/bonniesievers/index.html

6. Just bringing it up because I was so shocked re the GAL- the lack of assigning one

1. I was beyond shocked that there was no GAL until now. Consequently, nothing will surprise me re the placement of the girls.

2. First, MS tries a possible molester. Then he has some people that apparently really do not want the girls. One would think a GAL would be in order, but no.

4. According to something I read on here, BS moved to Florida to help with the girls although TS said she was not that much help. But she moved there ahead of MG.

5. BS and partner have written child friendly books and have affirmations of their skills. This and that they moved a few years ago may play in their favor. http://www.showmewebcenters.com/bonniesievers/index.html

6. Just bringing it up because I was so shocked re the GAL- the lack of assigning one

My questions are, then why did BS not get the girls if she is so great and kid positive? What did the girls say? What does the Judge know? Child Services? I would think the girls would stay where they are through the trial, moving every few months would not be good. There is something we do not know.....we will have to wait and wait but it will come out.

My questions are, then why did BS not get the girls if she is so great and kid positive? What did the girls say? What does the Judge know? Child Services? I would think the girls would stay where they are through the trial, moving every few months would not be good. There is something we do not know.....we will have to wait and wait but it will come out.

There is a lot we do not know but what we do know is:

1. Mark hates the maternal side of the family. He controlled the visits with them, stated the girls did not have a good caring relationship with Mary, disagrees with the girls placement with Mary

2. He put his family first and regards to his family history you would need to put sun glasses on to protect your eyes from the bright lighted info that screams dysfunction

3. IMO, there will be abuse history coming out from his childhood days during the DCF hearing. Mental illness can run in families. DCF mentioned they needed to look further in BS's placement request earlier on. Why do you think she waited this long to request custody. They don't want TS's family running the show. Mark probably manipulated his mother in filing and/or they both need counseling because past and present incidents have never been rectified to live in a healthy way.

It will take time for the hearings to be finished but that's democracy and a Mary has nothing to fear. The girls are smarter than the drama and they will see and verbalize their right to stay with Mary.

Marks lawyer is playing a sympathy card about how the girls are so confused. His client plays a big part in the mess he created for the girls.

Better yet, if MS thought they should be with his mom, why didnt he arrange for them to go directly to her instead of a family friend? There is a reason we dont know about. The judge may want that question answered. And wasnt his first choice a sex offender home? jmo.

Better yet, if MS thought they should be with his mom, why didnt he arrange for them to go directly to her instead of a family friend? There is a reason we dont know about. The judge may want that question answered. And wasnt his first choice a sex offender home? jmo.

Oh yes, why not his mom first, even if TS was not for that, after TS was murdered and MS thought he got away with it, he still could have named his mom, BS, to take care of the girls in case of any emergency....big question Why Not?

Can a sex offender be researched on the net or is it a closed list? Is there a national data base or just each state? Maybe someone else was living with BS that we do not know about.

Thanks for the info/thought.

Oh yes, why not his mom first, even if TS was not for that, after TS was murdered and MS thought he got away with it, he still could have named his mom, BS, to take care of the girls in case of any emergency....big question Why Not?

Can a sex offender be researched on the net or is it a closed list? Is there a national data base or just each state? Maybe someone else was living with BS that we do not know about.

Thanks for the info/thought.

His lawyers probably told him that he's broke and the best chance at having the best representation is by making sure that BS get full custody of the girls.

This way the lawyers can possibly get some type of recoup payment down the road.

Idk. Just a thought.

His lawyers probably told him that he's broke and the best chance at having the best representation is by making sure that BS get full custody of the girls.

This way the lawyers can possibly get some type of recoup payment down the road.

Idk. Just a thought.

I've never heard of such a thing. How does the child custody issue affect the payment of lawyers in this case?

I've never heard of such a thing. How does the child custody issue affect the payment of lawyers in this case?

Possible chance of Mark having some type of access to funds via his mom if she was granted custody. This would mean he could continue to brainwash the girls and try to have mom get funds allocated from the estate to pay for appeals while serving his 60 year sentence.

Idk. I was just brainstorming out loud Ranch. Lol

These girls will be worth $4mil dollars. I imagine whoever gets custody will be awarded a hefty amount each month for their care. If its MS mom she can turn around and share with MS. The girls will also draw SS off TS until they are 18.jmo.

EXCELLENT POINT CONCERNEDMOTHER His own Mother was not his first choice!!! Hmmm? (Guess he will be looking forward to more opportunities to snuggle-his-mug into the hair of his female attorney...OH YUCK!! Maybe the attorney is thinking "Oh Yuck" as well:blushing:)

Whoa. I took a look at that website you gave the link to. Did you see this review?

"This book is a great way to encourage parent-child interactions as well as foster creative thinking skills."
--Nim Tottenham, Ph.D., Child Development

There must be some kind of history between the two families that we don't know about.

Whoa. I took a look at that website you gave the link to. Did you see this review?

"This book is a great way to encourage parent-child interactions as well as foster creative thinking skills."
--Nim Tottenham, Ph.D., Child Development

There must be some kind of history between the two families that we don't know about.

yup. Mind blower considering all we know about MS's family and MS himself.

These girls will be worth $4mil dollars. I imagine whoever gets custody will be awarded a hefty amount each month for their care. If its MS mom she can turn around and share with MS. The girls will also draw SS off TS until they are 18.jmo.

So whoever gains permanent custody can spend large sums of money on whatever they want that has nothing to do with raising them? That's not right.

Going to Amazon to check on this book, it is Out of Print, Limited Availability.

Also, one of the professional reviewers is Nim Tottenham, is that not Dr.Sievers's sister?

There are no public reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members