DCF Shelter Hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
That book publisher is a self publishing company. Anybody can be published if they pay for it...Maybe I will publish my memoirs lol

Better yet, if MS thought they should be with his mom, why didnt he arrange for them to go directly to her instead of a family friend? There is a reason we dont know about. The judge may want that question answered. And wasnt his first choice a sex offender home? jmo.

I totally agree with this. One would think that the grandmother right there in town would have been the first place those girls would have gone to after MS was arrested. Something is fishy right there.

Going to Amazon to check on this book, it is Out of Print, Limited Availability.

Also, one of the professional reviewers is Nim Tottenham, is that not Dr.Sievers's sister?

There are no public reviews.

Teresa's. Siever's step-sister (IIRC, and I am pretty sure I do)

Let's not read too much into this. I really do not think it is any big deal at all.

I strongly suspect that when the book was "published", given Nim's credentials, Teresa asked as a favor if she would please consider writing a review / recommendation.

Kind of like a referral, except this one is in print and published. I know I have been asked by numerous people if they could put me down as a referral on their resumes. I always said yes. Some I was more comfortable with than others though. ;)

So whoever gains permanent custody can spend large sums of money on whatever they want that has nothing to do with raising them? That's not right.

No, no, no. And this is escalating way out of control too.

NOBODY is going to have automatic, immediate access to the life insurance proceeds just because they're granted temporary custody.

It depends on the exact wording of EACH SINGLE policy. We have yet to see those but I can pretty much guarantee that they aren't going to be paying out any proceeds anytime soon.. In fact, I would suspect none of them until after the criminal trial because in the USA, you are still innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers. (Or plead guilty.)

I do believe the person who is granted temporary custody will probably be compensated by whatever Teresa would have been entitled to via her SSI benefits? IDK for sure. I believe AZlawyer has probably chimed in on this somewhere before. If not, this is a question for her.

1. I was beyond shocked that there was no GAL until now. Consequently, nothing will surprise me re the placement of the girls.

2. First, MS tries a possible molester. Then he has some people that apparently really do not want the girls. One would think a GAL would be in order, but no.

3. Does BS's place allow children? Some do not allow for more than a few days.

4. According to something I read on here, BS moved to Florida to help with the girls although TS said she was not that much help. But she moved there ahead of MG.

5. BS and partner have written child friendly books and have affirmations of their skills. This and that they moved a few years ago may play in their favor. http://www.showmewebcenters.com/bonniesievers/index.html

6. Just bringing it up because I was so shocked re the GAL- the lack of assigning one

re: BS and the childrens' books

that is NOT going to play into any custody decisions.
jmo

So whoever gains permanent custody can spend large sums of money on whatever they want that has nothing to do with raising them? That's not right.

I understood from an old post on WS, that the monies would be under court supervision for the girls. Yes the guardian can spend money for the girls food, housing, medical, other such items, but the guardian does not have free rein with the money. Also, all debts have to be settled first and the insurnace companies have to agree to pay the policy....IF MS planned this murder for some time and it is proven that he got the policies to benefit from the death of TS, then the insurance companies do not have to pay out anything....There is no guarantee there will be any pay out. Remember, MS stated an insurnace amount a lot lower then what policies the police found. Again that was here on WS.

Anyone else remember the discussions and where they are posted??? If uou do please chime in.

I will look when I get home....may be several hours...sorry...at doctos with severe sinus infection and cannot get compound drug made up for 5 days because it takes that long....???? Or so they say.

Can a sex offender be researched on the net or is it a closed list? Is there a national data base or just each state? Maybe someone else was living with BS that we do not know about.

Thanks for the info/thought.

Rumor patrol here. lol

The guy Mark named as a potential guardian was never convicted of any crime. During DCF's investigation they struck him because they DID find what they considered to be a legitimate, valid, and probably truthful complaint filed by someone in his past. However, to our knowledge he was never formally charged or tried for the alleged assault.

I totally agree with this. One would think that the grandmother right there in town would have been the first place those girls would have gone to after MS was arrested. Something is fishy right there.

Of course it's fishy. lol

It boils down to 2 logical choices - 1) either Bonnie told Mark she didn't want full-time custody of the girls, or 2) Mark didn't want her having full-time custody.

He clearly named several others first but either DCF struck them as unfit OR the ones he chose decided they didn't want to take on the responsibility. I think Bonnie's 11th hour petition was filed purely as a last resort in an effort to keep MAG as being named primary guardian.

Rumor patrol here. lol

The guy Mark named as a potential guardian was never convicted of any crime. During DCF's investigation they struck him because they DID find what they considered to be a legitimate, valid, and probably truthful complaint filed by someone in his past. However, to our knowledge he was never formally charged or tried for the alleged assault.

ALLEGEDLY ​as that Kathy Griffin always says.

I understood from an old post on WS, that the monies would be under court supervision for the girls. Yes the guardian can spend money for the girls food, housing, medical, other such items, but the guardian does not have free rein with the money. Also, all debts have to be settled first and the insurnace companies have to agree to pay the policy....IF MS planned this murder for some time and it is proven that he got the policies to benefit from the death of TS, then the insurance companies do not have to pay out anything....There is no guarantee there will be any pay out. Remember, MS stated an insurnace amount a lot lower then what policies the police found. Again that was here on WS.

Anyone else remember the discussions and where they are posted??? If uou do please chime in.

I will look when I get home....may be several hours...sorry...at doctos with severe sinus infection and cannot get compound drug made up for 5 days because it takes that long....???? Or so they say.

Wo, MsJosie.... feel better soon! I used to have horrible sinus infections, back then the Rx was Entex LA---combo of Mucinex ingredient Quaifenesin with newer Sudafed ingredient Phenylephrine... really opened up the flood gates! Good luck, hope you get your compounded Rx quicker!

There were 3 or 4 policies that totaled to the 4.3 million. Wonder how many of these TS was privy too---probably a couple but the others? Hmmmmm Your comments seem right-on regarding pay-out or not. Insurance info was in those 1st docs I believe. I will say, from what a patient told me... TS believed in having plenty of insurance due to her business & the girls.

No, no, no. And this is escalating way out of control too.

NOBODY is going to have automatic, immediate access to the life insurance proceeds just because they're granted temporary custody.

It depends on the exact wording of EACH SINGLE policy. We have yet to see those but I can pretty much guarantee that they aren't going to be paying out any proceeds anytime soon.. In fact, I would suspect none of them until after the criminal trial because in the USA, you are still innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers. (Or plead guilty.)

I do believe the person who is granted temporary custody will probably be compensated by whatever Teresa would have been entitled to via her SSI benefits? IDK for sure. I believe AZlawyer has probably chimed in on this somewhere before. If not, this is a question for her.

DCF may offer a small monthly payment for a relative placement of kids who are wards of the state. Some states do, some don't. (Licensed foster parents are always paid, but relatives are sometimes just taken for granted.) Most states do offer a laughably tiny amount for clothes, school supplies, etc. even if there is no regular monthly payment.

Parents can be charged a small amount to defray the costs of DCF. But Mark has no current income, and he's the only parent.

The life insurance money won't be released while things are still up in the air about the murder. Even then, the guardian of the girls won't have free rein with the money. At most, that person might also be named as financial conservator for the girls, but would have to keep good accounts of how the money was spent. Certainly it could not be spent on a lawyer for Mark.

DCF may offer a small monthly payment for a relative placement of kids who are wards of the state. Some states do, some don't. (Licensed foster parents are always paid, but relatives are sometimes just taken for granted.) Most states do offer a laughably tiny amount for clothes, school supplies, etc. even if there is no regular monthly payment.

Parents can be charged a small amount to defray the costs of DCF. But Mark has no current income, and he's the only parent.

The life insurance money won't be released while things are still up in the air about the murder. Even then, the guardian of the girls won't have free rein with the money. At most, that person might also be named as financial conservator for the girls, but would have to keep good accounts of how the money was spent. Certainly it could not be spent on a lawyer for Mark.

Thank you! Lord have mercy, thank you! lol :bowdown:

Thank you AZ Lawyer and Beach....I knew someone would really know.

Teresa's. Siever's step-sister (IIRC, and I am pretty sure I do)

Let's not read too much into this. I really do not think it is any big deal at all.

I strongly suspect that when the book was "published", given Nim's credentials, Teresa asked as a favor if she would please consider writing a review / recommendation.

Kind of like a referral, except this one is in print and published. I know I have been asked by numerous people if they could put me down as a referral on their resumes. I always said yes. Some I was more comfortable with than others though. ;)

I agree, her review is irrelevant IMO.

I don't want to derail this thread, but just wanted to point out that BS posted a testimonial regarding one of TS's events as the "WOW coordinator," (whatever that is). I don't think it's unusual at all for family or friends to post positive reviews for each other.

BS's is the first testimonial after the videos:
http://drteresasievers.com/m/#pageSpeaking

This is why relative placements are favored than foster homes because it is cheaper. Relative placements in Oregon rarely get funding unless there is a dire need. They do offer a SNAP (food stamps) card for under $50 a mth. Foster parents get a lot more with the SNAP card such as medical/dental/mental health coverage benefits. They do not offer money for clothes or school supplies but refer them to foster parent closets stores that donate what they need.

Rumor patrol here. lol

Just for accuracy, it was the husband of a woman MS named as a potential caregiver who was found to have a sexual abuse allegation.

Also, many are asking why MS didn't include BS in his original arrangements for the girls. He did. But at the first shelter hearing DCF told the court she needed to be investigated further before they could determine if she's a suitable candidate. Relative placement is always preferred, so there must have been some sort of red flag in her home study for the girls to be placed with a family friend instead. And the fact that the girls have changed shelters since then and BS was still not chosen is very telling IMO.

This is why relative placements are favored than foster homes because it is cheaper. Relative placements in Oregon rarely get funding unless there is a dire need. They do offer a SNAP (food stamps) card for under $50 a mth. Foster parents get a lot more with the SNAP card such as medical/dental/mental health coverage benefits. They do not offer money for clothes or school supplies but refer them to foster parent closets stores that donate what they need.

Children who are declared dependent and placed with a relative are eligible to receive monthly cash assistance here, but it's only about $250/month per child. It's called the Relative Caregiver Program.

re: BS and the childrens' books

that is NOT going to play into any custody decisions.
jmo

one would think so, but one would think a GAL was appointed a long time ago. So that is why I am so skeptical re any of this. BS has reciews from schools so she can point to how great she is with kids, if need be.

Still, I wonder if her place of residence allows kids.

She and her partner did move to be by the kids.

BELIEVE ME! I am not for her getting them. It is simply after Casey Anthony I believe anything is possible

one would think so, but one would think a GAL was appointed a long time ago. So that is why I am so skeptical re any of this. BS has reciews from schools so she can point to how great she is with kids, if need be.

Still, I wonder if her place of residence allows kids.

She and her partner did move to be by the kids.

BELIEVE ME! I am not for her getting them. It is simply after Casey Anthony I believe anything is possible

i understand your view - these situations can feel precarious, and at this point nothing is set in stone

I thought it was interesting that the detective at today's bond hearing said they stopped trailing MS by car because he was always with the girls and started driving erratically when he realized he was being followed. I wonder if that allegation of endangerment made it to the DCF petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe