Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #2

So sad to hear this. So MANY suicides lately it seems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have battled suicide and depression my whole life. Twice, I made plans. Thankfully, I was able to talk to people who helped me and did not go thru with it.

Nicole, I am sorry you are gone. I hope you are in a better place.

May the Lord bless you. RIP.

Right there with you mayita.

@abc7jeffg

Confirmed suicide note and says how and when she died won't be disclosed, leaving it to the medical examiner.

I tried to link to the tweets but got an error, look him up on Twitter to see. He also said her body was located in a steep, rocky and treacherous area.

How sad for Nicole and all of those that love her.
I did not think this was going to turn out like this and wish it wasn't true.
RIP Nicole.

My heart hurts for her family and most especially her husband. Separated or not, he loved her so much and now has to endure this and all the comments/questions from complete strangers.

STOP

The other board that's being referenced here is off limits. Please don't link or mention it anymore.

Thanks!

I have been suicidal, and as I stated earlier in this thread, and I have always thought she committed suicide. I just found it strange that she did not leave a suicide note. I know most people don´t, but she went away to do this. She did´t do it at home, and she apparently loved her father, so I found it very strange that she could kill herself and know that her family might not find her. I also went away to commit suicide because I did not want my family or friends to find me, but I would never let my family not know what had happened to me.
I´m glad she is found, and I hope her family gets peace. I also hope the people on the board not to be mentioned feel really, really bad, because they might have been the cause of this!

Rest in peace, Nicole. 😔 There but for the grace of God go I.
May your loved ones eventually find comfort and peace.

I'm curious if the searchers knew about the note and were expecting to find her body.

Very sad to see our local news. Question: Cases like this do they know the suicide note is genuine or not made up by someone else?

social media

below are the approved social media pages that are okay to link and reference.
(this is subject to change - a mod will advise and changes will be edited within this post.)

find nicole now - offical facebook support page

find nicole.com

help save the next girl

please review our rules, including a more in-depth version of our social media rules and forum etiquette linked here.

• links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by msm reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***note: comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • regarding group support pages, i.e., "help find..." and "justice for...”: If at any time the ws staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

further clarification

we work hard at websleuths to deal with facts only. Speculation is fine as long as it is based on the facts known to us. The facts are usually derived via credible sources, e.g. Le statements, press conferences and msm sources. we do not permit rumors. rumors only muddy the waters and lead to confusion & misinformation. So, no references to a possible pregnancy, miscarriage, affair(s), pending divorce, etc.. We are aware of all those rumors (and more!) which are only able to be sourced by unknown people posting on unreliable sites. we do not do that here. if it can't be linked, it should not be referenced. If anyone comes across something that they feel may be important to this case and it can be verified as a fact, please pm myself or a moderator to review.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and participation.

Last, but not least - a big :welcome6: To all newcomers following nicole's case. Happy to have you join us!

bumping

Why did they (LE) NOT say from the beginning a suicide note was found? It, IMOO, changes many aspects of a case. I know it's very upsetting, hurtful and the like of what her family has been going through, how awful for her family, fly with the Angels Nicole.
But it would have helped people understand why there WERE NOT needed for a search, at the risk of someone being hurt looking for a body and not an injured person.
Please!!! I am probably not stating this well but I mean no disrespect!

Me too. Think we'll ever know?
Really hard to say. Especially with civilians out there who might tell the media. I mean, I don't think they expected to find her alive, but suicide is different and something I would at least appreciate being prepared for.

Very sad to see our local news. Question: Cases like this do they know the suicide note is genuine or not made up by someone else?

They will do tests so see if the note is written by her, but in this case there are so many things that point to suicide. I guess I´m not allowed to say anything about that here, but I think a lot of people who met the challenges that Nicole has met the last months would probably contemplate suicide themselves.

These rules are really confusing me, I´m sorry.

We don't know for a fact why Nicole may, or may not have chosen to take her own life; however LE would certainly be interested in the social circumstances of any missing persons, including but not limited to online slander, rumors, and potential harassment involving coworkers. It's vitally important to understand what was happening in a person's life- ALL aspects of their life- prior to their disappearance. I can appreciate WS protecting itself from becoming a rumor mill, but if I may say, as a new member, I can see aggressive censorship of information sharing. At least in this case.

I think the best we'll ever get is the VSP confirming they vetted her husband, and that will have to be enough. IMO he, and her family, went to great lengths to protect/preserve her reputation/dignity by not disclosing all of the personal issues going on, and though a lot of that leaked, I don't think they'll let much more out if they can possibly avoid it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back