TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still considering that there might have been two perps in police gear. The different weapons, the different shapes, the casual attitude...could mean there were two people, not one.

The possibility of more than one perp is on the table for me.

JMO

Hi All- I'm local to the Midlothian area and thought I'd chime in with a few things- not sure they will be of much value but maybe it will give everyone food for thought. I have many friends who are members of the Camp Gladiator (otherwise known as "CG") workouts and although I've never participated in a workout myself, I might be able to offer some perspective on how it works.

I know Missy posted a status on Facebook the night before her murder that let everyone know where she was going to be. This seems dangerous to many, but she is not the only trainer who does this by any means. In fact, Facebook is utilized by CG in a way I've not seen used by many companies/brands. T There are multiple trainers in our town and their names pop up on my newsfeed at least once a day, because they sometimes post about the workouts before they happen and tag the particpants; there is almost ALWAYS a picture posted of the participants after the workout is completed. Workouts are held in a variety of locations- church parking lots, sports store parking lots, civic centers, even school parking lots. There are morning workouts and late afternoon/evening workouts- I don't think there are any that are mid-day, but I may be wrong. Trainers have been known to post photos of themselves in their vehicles, and you can see that the back of the vehicle is packed with fitness equipment. I don't think any of the trainers have one central location where they store their stuff- they haul it all. I have seen children at workouts in the pictures on Facebook- I'm unsure if they are trainer's kids or partipants or both, but it's not uncommon to see a child there (mentioning this in relation to the fact that the daughter has been known to help set-up). One thing that I think is really important to mention is that the CG members are a really close community. One reason that it's been so successful is that the participants all seem to really enjoy not only the workouts but the camaraderie and support that CG offers. A few of the trainers are women who were once totally out of shape and this seems to give them a unique relationship with their campers. They don't focus just on fitness but also healthy eating and mental health too. I don't get the idea that it is a cult-like following that some people say Crossfit has but it is a tight-knit group of people for sure.

I can add that a few friends who participate in the morning workouts have mentioned that there has been a police precense at the location since the murder. I think this is to be expected given the situation.

I live a few minutes North of Midlothian- it is a nice little country town that is growing a lot right now due to urban sprawl. People are moving further and further away from the metroplex and Midlothian is a very popular place to be right now. It has a small town feel with city convenience and the schools are great. People feel very safe there....or did up until now. I personally know about 5 people that live there and more than one person has said that they feel Missy was targeted. I do know that some people are totally freaked out though and are obviously concerned that a killer is among them and are worried he/she will strike again.

One final thought- the oil and gas industry is suffering big time right now. We have a few friends who have lost their jobs and many are waiting to be laid-off. I read that Missy's husband worked in the industry. I have no idea if that could be a factor in her death but I thought it was worth pointing out (not pointing fingers at anyone- just throwing information out there for everyone to consider).

Thank you and :wagon:

Do you know if the home directly across the church is the parsonage, and if any camera footage was obtained from that location?

Again, :tyou: and :welcome5:

So now I've spent the past 2 days watching how people walk! Even actors on TV. Hope they catch this creep soon, and I think they will.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Could be, but still looks like the perp is wearing those oversized slip on shoe covers, that are intended to be worn to keep muddy shoes and boots from messing up your floors. That would account for the slapping, flopping appearance of the feet and odd gait - trying to keep the slippers from coming off the feet.

Was it raining on Monday morning? When those stained concrete floors get wet, they are slicker than snot.

I'm still considering that there might have been two perps in police gear. The different weapons, the different shapes, the casual attitude...could mean there were two people, not one.

The possibility of more than one perp is on the table for me.

JMO

Works for me too. Could have even stayed in the get-away vehicle and communicated when Missy arrived to the perp on the inside.

Hi All- I'm local to the Midlothian area and thought I'd chime in with a few things- not sure they will be of much value but maybe it will give everyone food for thought. I have many friends who are members of the Camp Gladiator (otherwise known as "CG") workouts and although I've never participated in a workout myself, I might be able to offer some perspective on how it works.

I know Missy posted a status on Facebook the night before her murder that let everyone know where she was going to be. This seems dangerous to many, but she is not the only trainer who does this by any means. In fact, Facebook is utilized by CG in a way I've not seen used by many companies/brands. T There are multiple trainers in our town and their names pop up on my newsfeed at least once a day, because they sometimes post about the workouts before they happen and tag the particpants; there is almost ALWAYS a picture posted of the participants after the workout is completed. Workouts are held in a variety of locations- church parking lots, sports store parking lots, civic centers, even school parking lots. There are morning workouts and late afternoon/evening workouts- I don't think there are any that are mid-day, but I may be wrong. Trainers have been known to post photos of themselves in their vehicles, and you can see that the back of the vehicle is packed with fitness equipment. I don't think any of the trainers have one central location where they store their stuff- they haul it all. I have seen children at workouts in the pictures on Facebook- I'm unsure if they are trainer's kids or partipants or both, but it's not uncommon to see a child there (mentioning this in relation to the fact that the daughter has been known to help set-up). One thing that I think is really important to mention is that the CG members are a really close community. One reason that it's been so successful is that the participants all seem to really enjoy not only the workouts but the camaraderie and support that CG offers. A few of the trainers are women who were once totally out of shape and this seems to give them a unique relationship with their campers. They don't focus just on fitness but also healthy eating and mental health too. I don't get the idea that it is a cult-like following that some people say Crossfit has but it is a tight-knit group of people for sure.

I can add that a few friends who participate in the morning workouts have mentioned that there has been a police precense at the location since the murder. I think this is to be expected given the situation.

I live a few minutes North of Midlothian- it is a nice little country town that is growing a lot right now due to urban sprawl. People are moving further and further away from the metroplex and Midlothian is a very popular place to be right now. It has a small town feel with city convenience and the schools are great. People feel very safe there....or did up until now. I personally know about 5 people that live there and more than one person has said that they feel Missy was targeted. I do know that some people are totally freaked out though and are obviously concerned that a killer is among them and are worried he/she will strike again.

One final thought- the oil and gas industry is suffering big time right now. We have a few friends who have lost their jobs and many are waiting to be laid-off. I read that Missy's husband worked in the industry. I have no idea if that could be a factor in her death but I thought it was worth pointing out (not pointing fingers at anyone- just throwing information out there for everyone to consider).

Thank you for posting. Is it expensive to join this group ? Do you happen to know what the refund policy is for someone who decides to quit the group ? Easy to get their money back ? thanks again.

So now I've spent the past 2 days watching how people walk! Even actors on TV. Hope they catch this creep soon, and I think they will.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You and me both! I'm obsessing over the way people walk now. I'm even watching my own feet.

I don't know if it is a parsonage or not. I've only spent a little bit of time in Midlothian and I'm not real familiar with the layout of the town.

You and me both! I'm obsessing over the way people walk now. I'm even watching my own feet.

Me too!

I'm wondering if I could identify people I know by their gait. I think I could. I could definitely eliminate someone by watching the way someone walked - I would know right away if it WASN'T someone as the walk wouldn't be right, ykwim?

JMO

Okay info has been submitted and being reviewed.

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you and :wagon:

Do you know if the home directly across the church is the parsonage, and if any camera footage was obtained from that location?

Again, :tyou: and :welcome5:

I looked yesterday on street view and I can see something on the side (end) of the roof area but the way the house is angled on the lot across from the church it seems if I am seeing cameras they would not include the church or lot. jmo

Just noticed Missy's FB says she promoted le-vel in the "past." But I don't see any connection as it doesn't seem like an investment pyramid scheme. And it's down to 1860 friends again, which other posters have said can be innocuous computer stuff.

Thank you for posting. Is it expensive to join this group ? Do you happen to know what the refund policy is for someone who decides to quit the group ? Easy to get their money back ? thanks again.

I don't know about the refund policy. I have a friend who signed up for a free-month trial and enjoyed it a lot, but she didn't sign up for 6 months or a year because she already paid about $75 a month at a traditional gym and couldn't afford both. I'm assuming the monthly rate is about $70-80. I can definitely ask some friends and find out for sure what the monthly fee is.

Just noticed Missy's FB says she promoted le-vel in the "past." But I don't see any connection as it doesn't seem like an investment pyramid scheme. And it's down to 1860 friends again, which other posters have said can be innocuous computer stuff.

I know that term le-vel. Ok, I just checked. A friend of mine sells " THRIVE" . It's a vitamin/ weight loss/ energy product . It is what would call Multi Level Marketing or some may call ' pyramid scheme' . You buy the product under one person and then you sell to a friend and they sell to 10 friends and the person at the top is making a commission on every product. I just went to my friend's link to be for sure and it is ' Le-Vel. So maybe she sold Thrive as well, which would make sense considering her active and healthy lifestyle.

So if her husband worked in a declining industry where there are job losses, could it be someone held a grudge against HIM for making them redundant?

Locals - have LE issued anything to suggest people should take special care out and about at the moment? If not, silence can reveal a lot.

I know that term le-vel. Ok, I just checked. A friend of mine sells " THRIVE" . It's a vitamin/ weight loss/ energy product . It is what would call Multi Level Marketing or some may call ' pyramid scheme' . You buy the product under one person and then you sell to a friend and they sell to 10 friends and the person at the top is making a commission on every product. I just went to my friend's link to be for sure and it is ' Le-Vel. So maybe she sold Thrive as well, which would make sense considering her active and healthy lifestyle.

She did sell it and was in a line which sold over 1 mill last month.

So if her husband worked in a declining industry where there are job losses, could it be someone held a grudge against HIM for making them redundant?

Locals - have LE issued anything to suggest people should take special care out and about at the moment? If not, silence can reveal a lot.

Nope they have not said a word about being cautious or vigilant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member