TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the COD as blunt force trauma as opposed to gunshot, if you wanted to be very careful and get away with a crime, wouldn't it be easier to dispose of a hammer or whatever than a gun? And then you wouldn't have gunshot residue, and you wouldn't have ballistics reports, no way to trace a hammer or billy club or pipe, for the most part.

By vandalism, it was my understanding reference was to the broken window, forced entry, etc. Just as 'burglarizing' in this case is used to indicate trespassing, forced entry. Or has there been more information released suggesting other vandalism as destroying property for reason other than gaining entry?

There was a post here a few pages back, with words describing the damage. I will take a look for it

I think it was one or more kids. Role playing in the church. That's why he/she was calmly walking around opening doors.Looking for the "criminals" in the "game"... They probably did vandalize the church. Maybe got high before they began "playing"... Did Missy stumble in on them, and threaten to call LE ? And it all went sideways from there ? We couldn't believe how calm the person on the video is, considering he/she is about to kill someone.Waiting. But, he/she may not have been waiting at all, and probably did not plan on killing anyone. jmo

Spent some time reading through comments on various sites, and one struck me as interesting, and possibly relevant. Navarro College (located in Corsicana, but with 4 satellite campuses--including one in Midlothian and one in Waxahachie) has a fully licensed police academy offering peace officer certification and in-service training.

Perhaps the killer is a student there, or is somehow connected with that college or someone training there.

I think it was one or more kids. Role playing in the church. That's why he/she was calmly walking around opening doors.Looking for the "criminals" in the "game"... They probably did vandalize the church. Maybe got high before they began "playing"... Did Missy stumble in on them, and threaten to call LE ? And it all went sideways from there ? We couldn't believe how calm the person on the video is, considering he/she is about to kill someone.Waiting. But, he/she may not have been waiting at all, and probably did not plan on killing anyone. jmo

I was thinking about this possibility earlier. Not saying that this couldn't be the case, but if someone was only there to burglarize or vandalize or roleplay and MB shows up and somehow gets killed, I was thinking it would be more likely that the perp(s) would turn themselves in. IDK.

Really interesting sleuthing, Spanishinquisition. Hmmmmmmm. I wonder how long it's been planned to start another 5 am M/W/F workout? It's in a different location than the church or the new civics center location, so it's a different group?
I interpreted these to be concurrent rather than any location going away, which this was posted on 4/3:
Current locations for Midlothian, TX
M/W/F 5:00am, Creekside Church of Christ
Locations coming April 4th:
M/W/F 4:40am & 6:00am, Beef O' Brady's
M/W/F 5:00am & 6:15am, Athletes Enhancement

Even if Creekside was going away, you'd need at least two people for BoB and AE and I wonder who those people are. Unless there's been another shakeup Kevin Locks (the 'owner' for a couple locations) seems to be primarily involved with Grand Prairie where he spends MWF there, so there'd be a couple new trainers that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere about them starting this month or any pictures of them from CG Midlothian FB. Maybe that fell through and those people would have a grudge, especially if they blamed Missy for losing their job.

By vandalism, it was my understanding reference was to the broken window, forced entry, etc. Just as 'burglarizing' in this case is used to indicate trespassing, forced entry. Or has there been more information released suggesting other vandalism as destroying property for reason other than gaining entry?

It's been described as extensive damage inside, which I've been hoping locals could fill in the details on that

One thing keeps sticking in my head - I don't remember the exact words, but their local LE mentioned they hoped the perp would go to someone, confide in them, seek out some help...That's curious to me. The way it was worded was as if they know who the perp is, and is waiting for him/her to break under the emotional stress. Kind of like they're inferring the person should be someone close to her and have deep, deep guilt for killing her.

Rebecca LopezVerified account
@rlopezwfaa
Reporter at WFAA_TV since 1998 Covers the Dallas police department.

https://twitter.com/rlopezwfaa

Rebecca Lopez ‏@rlopezwfaa 46m46 minutes ago Midlothian, TX
Midlothian PD will release more video of suspect in Missy Bevers murder. They want people to see object in suspects hand & how they swing it

Rebecca Lopez ‏@rlopezwfaa 56m56 minutes ago
Midlothian Police are interviewing friends of Missy Bevers today. They are trying to get as much information as possible about her life.

Hmm, sounds like LE is still trying to figure it out. Looking forward to a new video today.

Newbie here. Joined because I am horrified by this crime, and because it took place a few miles from a family members' home. I grew up in the area and worked in a neighboring city for several years so this hits much too close to home. I have read through both threads and I am very impressed with how respectful everyone is on WS- hard to find that on the internet these days! I have a few thoughts/ideas and I am trying my best to adhere to the rules, but please forgive me if I overstep in any way.

If this was a hired hit: Could the solicitor have a friend or acquaintance in LE or even just an association with LE in some way (not necessarily a cop or spouse of LE)? Someone who would have access to gear, perhaps someone who works in the police department but not an officer (administrative staff, 911 operator, etc). Could account for why the perpetrator looks and moves so awkward in the gear, but would have access to it if not a cop (if the gear is legit). Of no particular importance other than it's eerie, the Midlo PD FB page has a video posted (under videos, "Urban Shield Training") that is very creepy in light of recent events. Anyone know if the gear in these training scenarios is the real deal, or cheaper, makeshift type uniforms? Regardless, it appears there is quite a bit of these uniforms floating around. (unsure if referencing the Midlo PD FB is kosher :confused: )

If it was a jilted lover/friend/competitor: Midlothian is a small little community. It is entirely possible (if not likely) that the perpetrator was a member of the church (and would be aware of the ins and outs of the alarm) AND a member of the CG group (and be aware of what time she gets there and her usual patterns) AND a jilted spouse/acquaintance/friend/lover (one who even possibly has ties or works for LE). In medicine we jokingly call this "ticks and fleas." A dog can have ticks AND fleas, not just ticks OR fleas. It's always possible that there are two separate diagnoses, and in this case, two or more ties to Missy.

All speculation and my opinion, of course, and please forgive if I didn't follow the rules! Still learning!

I keep wondering how much additional surveillance footage LE has from the church and what's on it.
Me too! There has to be more!

Also, the significant damage could have been to either make the killing look like an interrupted burglary/vandalism spree, or the perp could have been letting off steam or working himself into the anger needed to carry out the killing.
There would also be damage from a struggle and I'm willing to assume she put up a good fight!

I wonder if they checked for drug use in there, like if the perp got themselves in a drug-fueled rage as there's no reason to kill someone rather than flee as commercial burglary and vandalism isn't exactly going to send you away for a long time, but once you turn violent, then the property crimes are the least of your problems.
Oh that is good thinking! I know cigarette butt DNA has busted many killers before too but they are probably not going to be so careless if they went to the trouble of covering their shoes and body in all this gear. IMO

could be they anticipated a murder and wanted to protect shoes / clothes from blood? Someone experienced with crime scenes?
I didn't think of this before! Smart thinking!

Rebecca LopezVerified account
@rlopezwfaa
Reporter at WFAA_TV since 1998 Covers the Dallas police department.

https://twitter.com/rlopezwfaa

Rebecca Lopez ‏@rlopezwfaa 46m46 minutes ago Midlothian, TX
Midlothian PD will release more video of suspect in Missy Bevers murder. They want people to see object in suspects hand & how they swing it

Rebecca Lopez ‏@rlopezwfaa 56m56 minutes ago
Midlothian Police are interviewing friends of Missy Bevers today. They are trying to get as much information as possible about her life.

Hmm, sounds like LE is still trying to figure it out. Looking forward to a new video today.

Makes you wonder if she had a Meechail Criner type student with low IQ and mental problems, but who was good at committing a very violent crime and only happened to get caught because the FD remembered him from a fire he set that later turned out to be him burning evidence.

Regarding the COD as blunt force trauma as opposed to gunshot, if you wanted to be very careful and get away with a crime, wouldn't it be easier to dispose of a hammer or whatever than a gun? And then you wouldn't have gunshot residue, and you wouldn't have ballistics reports, no way to trace a hammer or billy club or pipe, for the most part.

Yup. An amateur would not be able to obtain an unlicensed gun, imho. (At least considering the clean social circles Missy was in.) But the amateur can't risk "losing" their registered gun when the police start closing in. So a blunt-force tool (or knife) makes sense.

I pray there is an arrest before the funeral, as it is just so foul to think of someone in Missy's inner circle, who is the killer, showing up.

Imo. This isn't a student. And if it is a student. Then this student is infactuated with hubby and wanted Terri out of the way.

Yup. An amateur would not be able to obtain an unlicensed gun, imho. (At least considering the clean social circles Missy was in.) But the amateur can't risk "losing" their registered gun when the police start closing in. So a blunt-force tool (or knife) makes sense.

FWIW, there is no gun registration in Texas. It is easy to obtain guns through private sales or the black market, and there would be no record of it. But I agree that if a subject suddenly "lost" a gun that it would be suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member