Legendary Artist Prince Found Dead at 57 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been highlighted over here in UK . What I had said yesterday. About pain relief. Prince was also suffering tremendous pain with his hips. Along with the heavy flu virus he was suffering with. I can feel his Pain.
He'd been to his local chemist at least 4 times that week to purchase PERCOCET. (Oxycodone and paracetamol (opioid based)
Also registered as Tylenol.

I use Tramadol. Very similar. And yet when I've been in huge amounts of pain my doc said. 'You can up the dosage to 3 per 4/6 hours'
Sometimes it feels as if my body is forgetting to breathe when I've taken max dose.
So hmmmm.
I still can't believe he's gone 😣

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That's interesting because in the US, Percocet + Tylenol is not called simply Tylenol. Maybe I'm misunderstanding??

Percocet is oxycodone and acetaminophen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not believe he just took four. If he was filling scripts in Minnesota 4 times in less than a week, he was in bad shape, with or without a respiratory issue at the same time.

I have a hard time believing he was just sauntering into the neighborhood Walgreens four times in one week and purchasing his opiates.....yah, cause it's just that easy to do ....

Adding here that celebrities often push themselves very hard. I saw Heart in concert close to 30 years ago. The night I saw her performance, I could not tell Ann Wilson was really, really sick with the stomach flu and had been vomiting and having diarrhea for two days. She probably was receiving IV fluids back stage on the break? I seriously don't know how she made it through that concert because even as a young person I wouldn't have been able to!

I have a hard time believing he was just sauntering into the neighborhood Walgreens four times in one week and purchasing his opiates.....yah, cause it's just that easy to do ....

Prince was often out and didn't hide like some celebrities. He was bike riding in a shopping center a day or two before his death and also stopped at Electric Fetus, a record shop. Minnesotans seemed to respect his privacy. It is my understanding that he may have been on Percocet for hip pain - maybe a reason to go to Walgreen's.

Why bring this nonsense here? Letting a kid sleep in your room is not child molestation. It seems that Prince died of a drug overdose just like MJ. So there is a comparison.

BBM. That is far from established, at this point in time.

As an anesthetist, I have followed the Michael Jackson case extensively, and written for several websites about his death, and the circumstances under which Conrad Murray killed him.

Michael Jackson died because a CORRUPT and CRIMINAL "doctor" was POURING the powerful anesthetic drug Propofol into his veins, in a highly inappropriate environment, for a highly inappropriate reason, and allowed MJ to DIE because he did not monitor him or rescue him from respiratory and cardiac arrest. He was convicted criminally for that behavior, although I personally feel that the criminal charges and sentencing against Conrad Murray were far too lenient.

That situation has absolutely NOTHING to do with how Prince was found in cardiac arrest in his recording studio compound in an elevator. Let's be VERY clear about that.

I recognize there has been a competition/ rivalry between fans of MJ and fans of Prince for decades. But these two death scenarios have nothing at all to do with one another, which is crystal clear even at this early phase of the investigation.

No one was found pouring Propofol into Prince in his bedroom, and talking on his cell phone with girlfriends, while he died. The two situations are not at all comparable.

i take percocet for menstrual fibroid pain, it works really well, but after a few doses i sometimes feel that it's not working as well as it did when i first took it (i take it about 5 days a month during my cycle). i'm always mindful of the amount i take though because although i could definitely double my dose, my body probably wouldn't enjoy the acetamenophen/parcetemol aka 'tylenol' in such large doses. at MOST you should only limit yourself to 4grams a day. and never take more than 1 gram at a time! my prescription is only 5/300 (5mg of opiod), but prince may have been taking a larger dose. my doctor told me that i would go into liver failure from the tylenol before i overdosed on the amount of oxycodone in my pills.

your mileage may vary...

As an anesthetist, I have followed the Michael Jackson case extensively, and written for several websites about his death, and the circumstances under which Conrad Murray killed him.

Michael Jackson died because a CORRUPT and CRIMINAL "doctor" was POURING the powerful anesthetic drug Propofol into his veins, in a highly inappropriate environment, for a highly inappropriate reason, and allowed MJ to DIE because he did not monitor him or rescue him from respiratory and cardiac arrest. He was convicted criminally for that behavior, although I personally feel that the criminal charges and sentencing against Conrad Murray were far too lenient.

That situation has absolutely NOTHING to do with how Prince was found in cardiac arrest in his recording studio compound in an elevator. Let's be VERY clear about that.

I recognize there has been a competition/ rivalry between fans of MJ and fans of Prince for decades. But these two death scenarios have nothing at all to do with one another, which is crystal clear even at this early phase of the investigation.

No one was found pouring Propofol into Prince in his bedroom, and talking on his cell phone with girlfriends, while he died. The two situations are not at all comparable.

HELL yeah. I don't think the average Joe understands how horrible the events surrounding MJ's death were, from a medical perspective. I am not an anesthesia provider, but work with them daily, so I get how inappropriate his care was. Really unbelievable.

Let's keep the Michael Jackson discussion to a thread of his own. I was a fan of MJ. but this thread is for Prince.

Positivity, have you had your plus sign today?

Keeping it positive in memory of Prince.

Prince was often out and didn't hide like some celebrities. He was bike riding in a shopping center a day or two before his death and also stopped at Electric Fetus, a record shop. Minnesotans seemed to respect his privacy. It is my understanding that he may have been on Percocet for hip pain - maybe a reason to go to Walgreen's.

I understand all that you have said, however, what I was alluding to is the fact that opiates are very monitored and controlled.,.especially in the last few years l I find it hard to believe he could go to a Walgreens four times in one week for
percocettes .its just not that easy l

You are quoting the wrong person. I didn't say he was a drug addict. I totally agree with your post, but of course there will be articles suggesting a similarity
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ful-pills-fight-agony-wearing-high-heels.html

Remembering Prince....

[video=youtu;m8mg7CxAYUM]http://youtu.be/m8mg7CxAYUM[/video]

Why bring this nonsense here? Letting a kid sleep in your room is not child molestation. It seems that Prince died of a drug overdose just like MJ. So there is a comparison.
In your opinion only.

I'm in no way suggesting that Pr*nce did this.....but some people that are hooked on Oxy's will shave off the coating of the pills, crush them then liquefy them with a lighter & water and then inject. Still others will crush them and snort them.

Oxy's are highly addictive & expensive. They have often been cited as the instigator of heroin addiction which is cheaper. Opioids nonetheless.

Personally, I haven't heard of a lot of Percocet addiction stories as of late. It's usually about heroin, meth, flaaka, bath salts lately. Those seem to be the drugs "du jour" from what I'm hearing about, in general.

RIP PRN

Absolutely love your sig quote, so true, should be the Websleuths tag line!

"Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998