TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears the suspect was wearing a motorcycle helmet. Which is probably what makes most people think of it.

A motorcycle is an excellent getaway vehicle. It can be parked where it’s not noticeable. It’s even a good vehicle for out running the police if they end up chasing the suspect. If the bike is fast enough, the only way the police could keep up with it, would be with a helicopter. Assuming they have one in the area, which wouldn’t be likely at night time.

Iin Brandon's 1st interview he mentioned motorcycle gear

Great post, also wanted to say thanks for sharing your favorite song, I listened, and it was wonderful! I had never heard it before.

Thanks for listening! The more one listens to it, the more meaningful it gets. At least that was my experience.

I'm talking about the lyrics of course--but the music too is so beautiful, the strings just tear at my, er, heartstrings.

[back on topic now, mods, I'll be good, I promise]

Re fasteddy8170's comment:
However, when the suspect had an opportunity to open that locked door by hacking at it or using the slim jim to the point that it breaks the lock, the suspect didn't do that. It'salmost like the suspect wanted to break cheap stuff, but not expensive stuff. Because a door like that isn't cheap. In other words, if I'm a thief, and I'm in there to steal stuff, and I've already broken some windows, then a door shouldn't be that big of a deal to destroy, should it? The goal is money or stuff, the goal isn't to walk away empty-handed.

Or, suspect was only interested in breaking the easy stuff. From what we've seen or read about, it seems the only thing that took sustained work, damage-wise, is the north exterior door--(which apparently was necessary for entry, so that would explain the effort).

Not to me either but I keep "seeing" this person as checking out the building to make sure there is no one else in there before Missy arrives and dressed like he/ she is could make an excuse for being there but not be recognized.., As to the "Dutch doors"........ ...to me that was like opening and / or checking all the doors to see what or WHO might be in there .....which would lend itself to the notion that the person was NOT all that familiar with the church building........
This has probably been addressed before in some way. sorry if I missed it...
I just hope this person can be caught............I am so sorry for her family.........

I've been soooo wrong on cases before, and I could be wrong with my guesses here, too. ;)

I don't know but, SWAT gear with helmet, boots w/ flip-flops... none of this seems like the best attire for a stealthy murderer, or even skillful burglar.

Again, it's as if the perp is "playing dress-up burglary". So strange.

I agree with others who suggest a perp with mental illness.

* We're told in the sister-in-law interview that the first call to BB concerning the "accident" was not from LE, but from "the friend that found her" ("He's getting all this information from the friend that found her" is the direct on-camera quote, when SIL Kristi is explaining the initial mix-up in communication about what happened to Missy.)

This is very relevant, IMO. I also don't think the timeline adds up. At all.

* We're told in the sister-in-law interview that the first call to BB concerning the "accident" was not from LE, but from "the friend that found her" ("He's getting all this information from the friend that found her" is the direct on-camera quote, when SIL Kristi is explaining the initial mix-up in communication about what happened to Missy.)

The short gap between the time Missy would have been murdered and the first customer turning up early seems very fortuitous.

When a child or woman goes missing one of the first things websleuthers do is look into registered sex offenders in the area.
We don't know that this was a sex crime but it wouldn't hurt to look.
Can a local tell us the zip code there?

76065 midlothian

Well but...wouldn't someone stalking/obsessed with Missy have made his/her presence known to her long before reaching the point of murdering her?

And wouldn't she have therefore taken safety precautions, such as not teaching a class that she had to show up for while it was still dark, in an isolated location where help would not have been immediately available if she were attacked?

IDK. I have never heard of someone killing someone they were obsessed with or stalking when the victim had zero knowledge that that person was out there.

That doesn't mean it's never happened, of course.

Yep, you're correct for typical stalking cases, so I've got nothing. Unless it was an online stalking and she wasn't taking it very seriously? But that's just spitballing. I suppose I was just trying to link "perp strikes me as mentally ill or in some kind of weird fugue state" with "seemingly targeted murder".

NEW VIDEO IS UP!!!

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

Classic burglar. He is a burglar, not a hit man. He was carrying tools to burglarize a building, not to kill someone. The SWAT costume is an interesting novelty, but it’s just a disguise. He knew there would be security cameras, so he needed a disguise. He has probably done this before. He seems to have experience. The church was an easy target. It’s a big building easily visible from the road, but nobody around at night time. Only one homeowner, across the road, who would normally be sleeping at that time of the night, and would probably be too far away to see what was happening anyway.

He probably arrived about and hour before and hid his vehicle (possibly a motorcycle). He probably broke the window, then hid, to see if the cops would arrive. When no one came, he climbed inside and started breaking open doors, looking for something to steal.

Then the unexpected happened. The woman showed up to prepare for her gladiator class at 4:20AM. He wasn’t prepared for that. There was a struggle, and he killed her. Then he took off.

If he messed up and left any clues, he will get caught. But thats not likely, since he seems to have some experience with this.

Or, she/he is using her/his non dominant hand?

No clue! Uses left hand to try to open door and then switches to right hand to try to unlock same said door. Ambidextrous perhaps? Or all for the camera?

“We are working through a list of suspicion and right now, we have not ruled anyone out,” Johnson said. “We found tools around the crime scene and are currently analyzing them.”

The continued investigation has been difficult on the family, Bevers' sister-in-law Kristi Stout said, and they are experiencing total fear. The new video changed her perspective on who the suspect may be or what they might have been doing, she added.

“We are clueless. We thought we had someone in mind, but after the press conference today, we learned that our lead may not have been a good one,” Stout said. “I just don't know anymore.”

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/new...se-3rd-piece-of-surveillence-in-bevers-murder

BBM I wonder who they initially had in mind???

Wild guesses:

Killer has been in that church, before that day, shown in the video.

Killer and Victim knew one another, and maybe each other's family. (small town).

If this started out as a burglary then the perp has an m.o. I assume. Found this story about a church burglary in Coppell Texas a couple of months ago. Interesting reading and video.
"Coppell police say they have identified one of three people they believe stole money from a church, and they need the public's help identifying the others."

Police said 59-year-old Jorge Ingoica Puig, another man and a woman stole cash from Saint Ann Catholic Parish in the 100 block of Samuel Boulevard.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/2-...rch-Tithe-Boxes-Coppell-Police-364249821.html

And here are some stills of the burglar:

"Coppell police are asking for the public’s help locating a man wanted in connection with a December church burglary.

St. Ann Catholic Parish in the 100 block of Samuel Road in Coppell was burglarized on Dec. 24 and Dec. 31, police said. Police said an unknown amount of money was taken from the church, which was one of several other churches that had the same type of “suspicious activity.”
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/01/coppell-police-searching-for-suspected-church-burglar.html/

Coppell Tx is about a 45 minute drive from Midlothian.

I agree.

I have been doing various thought experiments about this all afternoon and all I can come up with is, in that situation (finding my class instructor dead or wounded), unless it was a close family member, like I mean immediate family close, I would not take it upon myself to alert the instructor's spouse about the situation, even if we were good friends. I would leave that to the experts schooled in breaking such news while I gathered my strength so I could be as supportive as possible in the aftermath.

I'm still unclear how the 4:35 am time was obtained. Is it from the first participant saying that's when she/he arrived? Or is it from a video time stamp when the participant walked into the church? (And did she/he walk into the church?)

If the 4:35 am is true, the timeline is so unbelievably compressed. Missy is seen on church cameras at 4:20, entering. Somehow the perp gets her out of sight of the hall cameras or hides in the camera-less room where the perp just happens to know Missy will go, kills her, exits, runs to car, rips off outfit, drives down driveway and doesn't meet the arriving 4:35 participant? If the 4:35 time is from the church camera, then the first participant is pulling up around 4:30 and maybe would see the perp leaving.

How did they get video of Missy's truck pulling in the church drive if there were no outside working cameras? Also, if the camera captured Missy's truck pulling up, why didn't it capture the perp's vehicle pulling into the lot?

I believe she parked directly in front of the door. Her car was probably visible from inside.

“We are working through a list of suspicion and right now, we have not ruled anyone out,” Johnson said. “We found tools around the crime scene and are currently analyzing them.”

The continued investigation has been difficult on the family, Bevers' sister-in-law Kristi Stout said, and they are experiencing total fear. The new video changed her perspective on who the suspect may be or what they might have been doing, she added.

“We are clueless. We thought we had someone in mind, but after the press conference today, we learned that our lead may not have been a good one,” Stout said. “I just don't know anymore.”

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/new...se-3rd-piece-of-surveillence-in-bevers-murder

BBM I wonder who they initially had in mind???
Dumb enough to leave his "tools" behind. Not much of a B&E guy. jmo Young, imo.

....One thing I noticed is that you can drive all the way around the building, the parking lot to the left of the building as you approach has two separate lots that go pretty far from the building,, 40 parking spaces away from the building https://www.google.com/maps/@32.4474497,-96.9249731,464m/data=!3m1!1e3 ....

^sbm. Thanks Elley Mae for Google link.

Some ppl asked - why did perp go inside bldg, instead of waiting outside, then attacking Ms B after she parked & exited her own car/truck, before she entered bldg?.

Presumably, perp wd/want to be close to where Ms B wd/stop car/truck under porte cochiere & close to door.
Based on google link & walking about on 'street view' it seems, there was no bush or object to conceal perp btwn bldg & spot where Ms B wd/park.
Nothing to hide behind that I cd/see.
So, if perp was outside when she drove up, perp wd/have been exposed, seems Ms B wd/have seen perp & hesitated.

I'm zigging on this ^.
Maybe not, maybe the police outfit wd/have made her feel comfortable, willing to go in bldg w perp.

Then zagging on it ^.
Then again, if female perp talked to her, speaking voice wd/have given her away as female (in SWAT uni?) so wd/not have gone in.

More zagging ...
Who would see that outfit as authentic?
No city-PD patch, no officer name plate/patch, no duty belt w gun, extra magazines, & cuffs, no gear bag, etc? No PD vehicle? One lone officer?

IDK. Many possibilities.

Burglars don't just nonchalantly and aimlessly wander around like that. They go in with a purpose and leave quickly.

It was like she was just "exploring" with no real purpose or agenda. Frankly, it was WEIRD the way she went from door to door looking like she didn't have a care in the world.

As far as the person in this case having "burglary" experience. Ummm, no. Lol
Did you see her try and try again to open that one door and just give up? She wasn't even coordinated enough to be able to get the door open with all of her "burglary" tools.

Aside from the one strong theory I have that can't be talked about, I'm beginning to wonder if Missy just happened upon this lunatic exploring a church for some other unknown reason. The only thing wrong with that theory is the damn SWAT outfit. :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla