Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you remember how far the access road off Strlng Hwy went into the MLC grounds back in 96? It's still somewhat publicly accessible to this day.

All the way up to the main building. If standing at the main steps of the main building, in front of that was a grassed area with trees, pool to the left and sports fields all the way to the Hwy. Drive way straight down the middle. It's not very private because boarders live on site at both MLC and the neighbouring CCGS.

Also check out Lemnos Pde. Access to bushland.

Thanks Bart, I have looked at that spot many times. I have sometimes wondered if SS isn't around there somewhere.

Back then Perth city and the pub spots had a bit of very late night activity, but areas like that were ghost towns. Even during the day on the weekends. You could get away with murder.

Bart. Was there ever an accessway, walkway between BC gym and other buildings on Stirling Rd to a carpark on the eastern side behind the gym? I know there is the little accessway on western side of road where the phone box was that led to a rear carpark.

Thanks Bart, I have looked at that spot many times. I have sometimes wondered if SS isn't around there somewhere.

Back then Perth city and the pub spots had a bit of very late night activity, but areas like that were ghost towns. Even during the day on the weekends. You could get away with murder.
For SS to be at that location (Shenton Bushland) there would have had to be a shallow grave. One option is he dug it before the pick up but i feel the CSK would have considered this too risky. Another is that he did it after the abduction. He picked SS up at 2am and sun up was 5am. I guess that's enough time. But a shallow grave is easy to spot in daylight. Not my preferred option, but an option.

Bart. Was there ever an accessway, walkway between BC gym and other buildings on Stirling Rd to a carpark on the eastern side behind the gym? I know there is the little accessway on western side of road where the phone box was that led to a rear carpark.
Nope. But there was a secluded car park behind the Olifants building. Maybe a 50m from where SS was last seen. At 2am this area is for the most part deserted. If there was a blitz attack, this is where me might have park his car. It could even be the ritual (I assume his ritual is rape) and kill scene - although I believe police would have had a very close look at that car park within days of SS disappearing.

I've mentioned this before - right near where CG was last seen were some bushes right next to the footpath of Stirling Hwy. Behind the bushes was a small car park accessible by freshwater Pde.

Small car park in Rowe Park with some bushes near the footpath
Secluded car park behind Olifants quite close to where SS went missing
Secluded car park very close to where CG was last seen.
JR could have crossed the railway or waked up towards Rowe Park

If a blitz attack was used then these are some reasonable option. The biggest problem we have with blitz theory is the cars - occupants of one uninvolved car not coming forward plausible, chances of occupants of two uninvolved cars not coming forward - possible but really stretching it.

Karra - blitz attack (planned)
Claremont Subway - blitz attack (brazen)
Car park behind CBV - blitz attack
Swanbourne Railway station - blitz attack (presumably on foot)

Princes Rd/Bayview Tce attack - taxi pick up (2 dudes)
Lakeway golf course attack - taxi pick up (1 dude)

Cottesloe Hotel/Lakeway Drive-in (opportunistic)

There's a lot of different MOs in that lot. The Claremont Subway one is unclear. Articles say "he tried to rape her" which suggests he didn't try to put her in his car. Wouldn't mind knowing where exactly he dragged her to. Maybe this is the CSK evolving?

1991 - opportunistic rape. Passed out girl in car.
1993 - rapes 2 girls? How did he do that? Were they on different dates?
1994 - Tried to plan it but failed? Went back to drawing board.
1995 - Karra. Planned it to a tee.
1996-97 - CSK murders

Surely police have some descriptions?

Sutton said:
Cottesloe Hotel/Lakeway Drive - circa 1991

Swanbourne Railway - January 01, 1993 (Friday)
Two girls raped adjacent to Swanbourne Railway Station. Girls had been to Club Bayview. (papertrail)

Stop sign/Subway - January 01, 1994 (Saturday)
A man dragged a woman from her car after she had left Club Bay View. He tried to rape her, but she fought him off. (1)
A woman fights off man who dragged her from her car and tried to rape her near Claremont subway. (8)
A girl was waiting at the stop sign at the Claremont subway, was pulled from her vehicle and survived an attempted rape. (papertrail)

Princess Rd - October 31, 1994 (Monday)
A 31-year-old woman got into a taxi near the club. A man hiding in the back seat grabbed her, but she jumped from the car, breaking a leg. (1)
A 31-year-old woman breaks her ankle when she leaps from a speeding taxi on Princess Rd, after the driver and another man try to attack her. (8)
Attack occurred on Princess Rd, St. Claremont (papertrail)

Karrakatta - February 12, 1995 (Sunday)
A girl, 17, was abducted at Rowe Park, tied with an electrical cord, raped and left for dead at Karrakatta Cemetery. She had been abducted walking home from the club. (1)
Teenager abducted, tied with electrical flex and raped in Karrakatta Cemetary (8)
Assailant driving a light-coloured panel van (12)

Golf Course - 1995
In 1995 a young woman got into a taxi in Claremont and the driver drove her to the other side of the railway line to the golf course. Forcibly stripped of her clothes, she managed to escape, banging on the door of a nearby house and screaming for the couple who lived there to let her in. Completely traumatised, it took an hour for her to finally splutter out what had happened. (11)

Sarah Spiers - January 27, 1996 (Saturday)
Sarah Spiers disappears from Stirling Rd. and Stirling Hwy. after leaving Club Bay View(8)

Church Lane - March 03, 1996 (Sunday)
A 21-year-old woman was indecently assaulted in a lane behind Club Bay View, which she had left about 2am. Her head was bashed six times against a brick wall and her skirt ripped off. (1)
A 21-year-old woman was bashed and indecently assaulted on Church Lane behind Club Bay View. (8)

Jane Rimmer - June 09, 1996 (Sunday)
Jane Rimmer is last seen by four friends outside the Conti. Her body is later found south of Perth. (8)

Ciara Glennon - March 14, 1997 (Friday)
Ciara Glennon disappears after drinking with friends at the Conti. Her body is found north of Perth. (8)

The only thing I'm sure of is that he is the most likely POI. This is a purely objective opinion as the circumstantial evidence is greater with him than anyone else. Does it mean he's the CSK? Of course not - the favourite doesn't always win the Melbourne Cup or the Brownlow Medal.

Subjectively, I think in this case the favourite is the winner.

1. During a period when police were conducting surveillance, LW was the only guy stalking women in the area.
2. Upon investigating him, it was discovered he stalked women every Thurs to Sun night
3. He was meticulous in routine. Same time every night. Not sort of the same time, exactly to the minute same time (2 variations). Same routine every night
4. He failed a lie detector test. So did 12 others (approximately 25%)
5. He was measured when under interrogation often taking minutes to carefully answer his questions
6. He always kept his cool. He never spat the dummy about the intense interrogation and accusation. Well respected psychologists agree that this is very unusual behaviour if innocent.
7. He had no alibi for any of the nights
8. He has a history of immense discipline. He was able to give up drinking, smoking and gambling cold turkey. If anyone is able to give of raping/killing he could probably do it
9. He had his car cleaned and detailed a few days after one of the girls went missing
10. CG had a wound on her head. A fire poker was missing form a set of fire tools in his parent's house. The end of the poker fit the wound.
11. The killing stopped when he was identified as a POI
12. He has never tried to sue police.
13. It is also my understanding that he was within a teenager's upper lip hair of being charged

All circumstantial evidence. But there is more circumstantial evidence for him that anyone else.

I hear lots of people claim it's not him, or have the opinion it's definitely not him but it's typically based on misinformation. I myself was also a victim to the well trotted out line "there's no way this meek and mild d1ckweed could pull off such a crime" and "police fitted up Mallard and they did it to LW too". I agree they discovered LW and tried to fit the case around him but that doesn't mean he didn't do it.

I have no problem if people don't think he's the guy. Not everyone should be compelled to back the favourite. But anyone who thinks there's another suspect with a more compelling case, I'd love to hear it.

This is common with all similar cases. Recently a rumour went around that LW would go into Subi hotels and in the sardine like crowd, ejaculate. Sounds like complete BS to me.

I've been posting here for a while and on BF and everyone knows the posters who can be trusted and which ones continually serve up rubbish.

That was me and I can assure I got in LW's car on multiple occasions.

My understanding is they all but had him. The reason why could have evaded capture;

1. No DNA
2. He stuck to his minimalist story
3. If he is CSK and CSK did Karra then they would have had to have misplaced Karra DNA

His car, house and flat weren't searched until well after it's reasonable for any trace evidence to disappear

After CG the media coverage was intense. When LW was picked up he had no kit (knife, gun or whatever the CSK may have used). He may have been doing a dry run to see if surveillance was out and about.

It matched but that doesn't mean it was the weapon. If someone was willing to testify in court it had to be that brand/model of fire poker then he would have probably been charged. It's nothing more than circumstantial albeit compelling.

It was evidently possible for someone, why not LW?

Potentially a dry run or potentially he isn't the CSK.

That was a misinformed me painting that picture. Upon an odyssey of investigation I have discovered that he comfortable and deservedly has the most circumstantial evidence against him.

He is undoubtedly the most compelling suspect when you look at the circumstantial evidence against Lance Williams. The fact he has quit smoking and drinking cold turkey around the time of the killings/Karrakatta is suspicious in itself, and I am intrigued by the 'friend' and wonder if the earlier attacks were undertaken with the 'best friend' assisting or acting as the main perpetrator somehow. Could Lance have been the gettaway driver for Karrakatta and earlier attacks, not taking part entirely, just in part, and once the friend died around 1995, he escalated to full blown murder.

The way he comes across in interviews too seems rather suspicious and I can see why he would have come on the police radar. He acts and talks in a way where it seems like he is thinking about what to say before saying it, and that in itself speaks like a man with something to hide.

You state Lance Williams was the 'Only' man stalking woman in the area, I thought the 'Martial Arts Practitioner' was also stalking woman in the area around the time of the murders? It was said clearly in the 2008 documentary.

I wonder who the man masturbating was caught next to the road near where the Karrakatta victim was abducted? could this have been Lance? he seems like a weird type, any man in his late 40's who is a loner like Lance could easily fit the profile of a killer/ serial rapists.

I want to know when Lance's friend died exactly, I assume after Feb 1995 but it cannot be proven because there is nothing out there to determine this. If it is after Feb 1995 it seems to be the point which tipped him over the edge and he went from violent rapist to killer. There are reports however the Karrakatta victim was 'left for dead' so I am not sure if she was meant to have been killed or not from what can be read.

If a firepoker was used (Unsubstantiated) to hit Ciara then it seems like a very 'specific' tool to have, not a whole lot of people use fire places, maybe they were still common in the 90's but I don't recall using anything other than a gas/electric heater. The fire places in the houses we did live in were never used.

Lance is definitely a very weird character and fits easily with the profile, he has the physical presence to disarm a female easily too, he would be capable of a blitz attack.

People who try and pretend they can profile a possible serial killer by the way he acts in public are just kidding themselves, no one would know the true Lance except his 'best friend'. Was the best friend burried at Karrakatta just prior to the rape? or just after the rape? So many questions concerning the friend.

Karra - blitz attack (planned)
Claremont Subway - blitz attack (brazen)
Car park behind CBV - blitz attack
Swanbourne Railway station - blitz attack (presumably on foot)

Princes Rd/Bayview Tce attack - taxi pick up (2 dudes)
Lakeway golf course attack - taxi pick up (1 dude)

Cottesloe Hotel/Lakeway Drive-in (opportunistic)

There's a lot of different MOs in that lot. The Claremont Subway one is unclear. Articles say "he tried to rape her" which suggests he didn't try to put her in his car. Wouldn't mind knowing where exactly he dragged her to. Maybe this is the CSK evolving?

1991 - opportunistic rape. Passed out girl in car.
1993 - rapes 2 girls? How did he do that? Were they on different dates?
1994 - Tried to plan it but failed? Went back to drawing board.
1995 - Karra. Planned it to a tee.
1996-97 - CSK murders

Surely police have some descriptions?

Could very well be the sequence of events leading up, or a basic summary within reason of what may have occurred. It seems like a big stretch to think none of these were connected, its more than likely most of these were connected, which ones is the key, and how much evidence was obtained from the ones we never hear about. Surely some descriptions could be crossed referenced with Lance or Lance's best friend's picture?

Who was the sexual pervert and who was masturbating near one of the abduction sites in plain view, this man must be seriously suspicious to be jacking off in front of the view of motorists. Could the masturbator been involved in some of these attacks too? or was this just a coincidence and a meth crazed loon decided to wack one out coincidentally near the abduction site of a victim?

Also what is the circumstance of the two rapes? are these two separate occurrences on the same night, or two people raped at the same time? or was this on different nights at the same location.

Also its hard to work out how related they may be without the time of the night the attacks took place for these previous attacks.

Could very well be the sequence of events leading up, or a basic summary within reason of what may have occurred. It seems like a big stretch to think none of these were connected, its more than likely most of these were connected, which ones is the key, and how much evidence was obtained from the ones we never hear about.
We'd have to think some of them are connected. Which ones though......?

The taxi ones are the easiest to separate as it would be hard for the CSK to access a taxi. It's easier to think one or two of the taxi ones are once off opportunities a taxi driver took. Then one of the taxi ones is two people. I'e always strongly believed CSK is one individual.

The rest of them would be two different guys tops. Maybe all the same guy. It does paint a picture of rapist who evolved and escalated and potentially shows the ever changing way he committed the crimes.

Surely some descriptions could be crossed referenced with Lance or Lance's best friend's picture?
Or any of the other suspects. I'm assuming police looked into this thoroughly. I would assume by getting information and descriptions from all victims (and Rowe Park masturbation witness) they'd have a circumstantial theory of which attacks are connected and maybe who the perpetrator is.

There have been calls for a coronial inquest. I can't imagine it not being granted unless WAPOL were able to present a reasonably compelling case not to. Sarah McMahon went missing in 2000 and there was an inquest in 2012. The CSK murders were in 1996 and 20 years later no inquest. SM's inquest found that Donald Morey was the most likely killer so we can rule out an inquest being knocked back because WAPOL know who it is.

Does any one know what the courts take into consideration when deciding whether or not to go through with a CI?

Who was the sexual pervert and who was masturbating near one of the abduction sites in plain view, this man must be seriously suspicious to be jacking off in front of the view of motorists. Could the masturbator been involved in some of these attacks too? or was this just a coincidence and a meth crazed loon decided to wack one out coincidentally near the abduction site of a victim?
Meth was still very much underground in 1995 so we could all but rule that out. One school of thought is the Karra rapist came back to relive the abduction. Would he do it at Rowe Park or in the cemetery? Could be a coincidence or could have been the guy.

Also what is the circumstance of the two rapes? are these two separate occurrences on the same night, or two people raped at the same time? or was this on different nights at the same location.
Don't know. Does anyone know?

Also its hard to work out how related they may be without the time of the night the attacks took place for these previous attacks.
Girls allegedly had been at CBV so time would be well after midnight I suspect.

If these crimes are connected it looks like over time the CSK has moved closer to the source of vulnerable women (Claremont night life district)

1993 - rapes 2 girls? How did he do that? Were they on different dates?...

...Also what is the circumstance of the two rapes? are these two separate occurrences on the same night, or two people raped at the same time? or was this on different nights at the same location...

RSBM. The only place I've ever seen the Swanbourne Railway Station rapes mentioned is in an article Papertrail posted, Dark fears in glamour spot. The article only reads,

Two other women were raped near Swanbourne railway station in 1992 after walking home from Claremont late at night.

Paper specified several times that both rapes occurred on New Year's Eve 1992/New Year's Day 1993, so he must have additional information (unposted articles, etc.).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12141569

He is undoubtedly the most compelling suspect when you look at the circumstantial evidence against Lance Williams. The fact he has quit smoking and drinking cold turkey around the time of the killings/Karrakatta is suspicious in itself, and I am intrigued by the 'friend' and wonder if the earlier attacks were undertaken with the 'best friend' assisting or acting as the main perpetrator somehow. Could Lance have been the gettaway driver for Karrakatta and earlier attacks, not taking part entirely, just in part, and once the friend died around 1995, he escalated to full blown murder.

The way he comes across in interviews too seems rather suspicious and I can see why he would have come on the police radar. He acts and talks in a way where it seems like he is thinking about what to say before saying it, and that in itself speaks like a man with something to hide.

You state Lance Williams was the 'Only' man stalking woman in the area, I thought the 'Martial Arts Practitioner' was also stalking woman in the area around the time of the murders? It was said clearly in the 2008 documentary.

I wonder who the man masturbating was caught next to the road near where the Karrakatta victim was abducted? could this have been Lance? he seems like a weird type, any man in his late 40's who is a loner like Lance could easily fit the profile of a killer/ serial rapists.

I want to know when Lance's friend died exactly, I assume after Feb 1995 but it cannot be proven because there is nothing out there to determine this. If it is after Feb 1995 it seems to be the point which tipped him over the edge and he went from violent rapist to killer. There are reports however the Karrakatta victim was 'left for dead' so I am not sure if she was meant to have been killed or not from what can be read.

If a firepoker was used (Unsubstantiated) to hit Ciara then it seems like a very 'specific' tool to have, not a whole lot of people use fire places, maybe they were still common in the 90's but I don't recall using anything other than a gas/electric heater. The fire places in the houses we did live in were never used.

Lance is definitely a very weird character and fits easily with the profile, he has the physical presence to disarm a female easily too, he would be capable of a blitz attack.

People who try and pretend they can profile a possible serial killer by the way he acts in public are just kidding themselves, no one would know the true Lance except his 'best friend'. Was the best friend burried at Karrakatta just prior to the rape? or just after the rape? So many questions concerning the friend.

1. Yep, it did mention in CIA doc that other men were following women but the reality is LW was really the only major POI identified doing this at the time.
2. LW's friend is something worth following up. I thought papertrail ws doing that?
3. I doubt there was a getaway driver for Karrakatta. The victim would have sensed 2 people.
4. The masturbater could have been LW, someone else who is the CSK, or someone different entirely. Wonder what the description was?
5. Plenty of open fire places still being used in Cottesloe in the 90s.
6. I think most blokes would be able to physically overcome all 3 girls.

1. Yep, it did mention in CIA doc that other men were following women but the reality is LW was really the only major POI identified doing this at the time.
2. LW's friend is something worth following up. I thought papertrail ws doing that?
3. I doubt there was a getaway driver for Karrakatta. The victim would have sensed 2 people.
4. The masturbater could have been LW, someone else who is the CSK, or someone different entirely. Wonder what the description was?
5. Plenty of open fire places still being used in Cottesloe in the 90s.
6. I think most blokes would be able to physically overcome all 3 girls.

Yes Papertrail was making some interesting progress and narrowed his focus on the Lance Williams friend angle and then when he said he was getting close to receiving the answers from a source who was on his deathbed after suffering a major operation he just completely dropped off the radar. I haven't bothered to PM him to ask if he is still around but I wonder if he was told to keep what he found hush.

Papertrail was poking around quite a bit, I know if I was Donald Morey I would be looking over my shoulder a fair bit when I was released from prison after having those details Papertrail posted smeared all over the internet. He managed to get some incredibly intimate details on some very shady characters.

The Lance Williams friend angle definitely needs some investigating, it is just met with too many dead ends, if we knew the name, and maybe date of death of the friend it would open up so many new avenues to investigate, or for amateur sleuths to explore and come up with some fascinating new theories. Too little has been bought up about the 'friend'

The friend apparently died some time around 1995.
He was Lance Williams best mate, and was incredible close, one of only a few people who were close and knew the 'real' Lance.
Lance quit smoking and drinking immediately after the friend died?
The CSK murders started immediately after Lance quite drinking and smoking?

I would assume losing your best friend when already an abject loner with no real direction in life could very well be the final trigger to start your grand fantasy.

That is only a rough account of what I can gather, can you clarify anymore than that or anything more specific especially regarding the 'friend'

Hopefully papertrail can post what he found on Lance and maybe finally post the write up to the 'friend'. Seems a bit odd he has dropped off the face of the earth, hope he is in good health.

We'd have to think some of them are connected. Which ones though......?

The taxi ones are the easiest to separate as it would be hard for the CSK to access a taxi. It's easier to think one or two of the taxi ones are once off opportunities a taxi driver took. Then one of the taxi ones is two people. I'e always strongly believed CSK is one individual.

The rest of them would be two different guys tops. Maybe all the same guy. It does paint a picture of rapist who evolved and escalated and potentially shows the ever changing way he committed the crimes.

Or any of the other suspects. I'm assuming police looked into this thoroughly. I would assume by getting information and descriptions from all victims (and Rowe Park masturbation witness) they'd have a circumstantial theory of which attacks are connected and maybe who the perpetrator is.

There have been calls for a coronial inquest. I can't imagine it not being granted unless WAPOL were able to present a reasonably compelling case not to. Sarah McMahon went missing in 2000 and there was an inquest in 2012. The CSK murders were in 1996 and 20 years later no inquest. SM's inquest found that Donald Morey was the most likely killer so we can rule out an inquest being knocked back because WAPOL know who it is.

Does any one know what the courts take into consideration when deciding whether or not to go through with a CI?

Meth was still very much underground in 1995 so we could all but rule that out. One school of thought is the Karra rapist came back to relive the abduction. Would he do it at Rowe Park or in the cemetery? Could be a coincidence or could have been the guy.

Don't know. Does anyone know?

Girls allegedly had been at CBV so time would be well after midnight I suspect.

If these crimes are connected it looks like over time the CSK has moved closer to the source of vulnerable women (Claremont night life district)

The fact that two abductions potentially involved Taxi's does through a spanner into the works when trying to work out the links. The fact that people suspected the Taxi link to the CSK case further exasperates the theory and making it even harder to determine the possible links.. However if you look at it hard I agree with what you are saying, the Taxi's are actually the anomaly. I think the other instances of attempted rapes/ blitz attacks, met with quite large periods/gaps between attempts were more than likely linked to the CSK, more so than the two Taxi incidents that are mentioned previous or around the time of the CSK case. I wonder if most if not all the attacks occurred between 12am-4am, the time we know the CSK was active. The time Lance was prowling around too, and if all of the attacks were between the days Lance was known to stalk/roam around the streets (I believe this was Thurs to sun) then I can see why it becomes easy to build a circumstantial case around Lance Williams.

Very strange that a coronial Inquest hasn't been forced, yet one was with the Sarah McMahon case was forced much earlier, its also odd that the Gerard Ross Case has been met with a similar amount of secrecy to the CSK case and gone on longer without a coronial inquest, does make you wonder what the criteria is to determine these Coronial Inquests? very odd how some cases get such precedence over others?

Very odd behaviour from the masturbator, would love to know how this was followed up, if he was identified by Police, or questioned, or whether they have missed a vital clue and left this avenue unexplored? He must certainly be suspicious having masturbated so close to the abduction site, and since that occurrence there have been no follow up occurrences since so what are the odds of having a sole masturbator at the crime scene?

I am aware Meth was very much underground in 1995 so we can rule that out, any other drugs making loons masturbate profusively around 1995, if not then it even more strengthens the argument that the masturbator at rowe park may have been involved with the Karrakatta rape. I wonder if he is the Sexual pervert identified in 2008?

RSBM. The only place I've ever seen the Swanbourne Railway Station rapes mentioned is in an article Papertrail posted, Dark fears in glamour spot. The article only reads,

Two other women were raped near Swanbourne railway station in 1992 after walking home from Claremont late at night.

Paper specified several times that both rapes occurred on New Year's Eve 1992/New Year's Day 1993, so he must have additional information (unposted articles, etc.).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12141569

Like alot of those earlier crimes there is little to NO information available about them, its almost like they didnt actually exist and have since been made up.. But occasionally someone will post some tiny reference to these earlier crimes and it makes them seem more genuine. I wonder if all these earlier claims are actually true, and if so why there is such little reports about them considering they all happened in Perth's most affluent and wealthiest suburb.. It so so bizarre and just makes the case even more bizarre. How could the Police treat the wealthiest most affluent area of Perth with such little priority, especially with a spate of sex attacks all occurring around the popular night spots in this affluent area. It just does not sit well with me.

I wish we had more details about what occurred, and especially any descriptions of the attacker. It seems like his MO was to strike with a blitz that may have made it hard to identify who was performing these attacks, but surely at least one victim got a look at the attacker.. Maybe they didn't and the attacker was very very lucky and knew this so stayed around this area, which was obviously his comfort zone.

1. During a period when police were conducting surveillance, LW was the only guy stalking women in the area.
2. Upon investigating him, it was discovered he stalked women every Thurs to Sun night
3. He was meticulous in routine. Same time every night. Not sort of the same time, exactly to the minute same time (2 variations). Same routine every night
4. He failed a lie detector test. So did 12 others (approximately 25%)
5. He was measured when under interrogation often taking minutes to carefully answer his questions
6. He always kept his cool. He never spat the dummy about the intense interrogation and accusation. Well respected psychologists agree that this is very unusual behaviour if innocent.
7. He had no alibi for any of the nights
8. He has a history of immense discipline. He was able to give up drinking, smoking and gambling cold turkey. If anyone is able to give of raping/killing he could probably do it
9. He had his car cleaned and detailed a few days after one of the girls went missing
10. CG had a wound on her head. A fire poker was missing form a set of fire tools in his parent's house. The end of the poker fit the wound.
11. The killing stopped when he was identified as a POI
12. He has never tried to sue police.
13. It is also my understanding that he was within a teenager's upper lip hair of being charged

Let's also add that he fit the CSK's serial killer profile in almost every aspect. The FBI (ret) polygraph examiner with almost 40 years experience was certain he was the killer. LW was interviewed by criminal psychologists on numerous occasions and they all reported that he was capable of committing the crimes. He was caught out blatantly lying during interviews with police.

During a major lengthy undercover police operation he was the only person identified that was stalking women, and offering women lifts in the Claremont area. No one else was identified doing this. After he was identified the killings stopped. If there was another killer, it could be hypothesized that they would have been happy to know that they were still undetected and kept on killing. I'm sorry, to all the deniers but imo LW is the killer.

Let's also add that he fit the CSK's serial killer profile in almost every aspect. The FBI (ret) polygraph examiner with almost 40 years experience was certain he was the killer. LW was interviewed by criminal psychologists on numerous occasions and they all reported that he was capable of committing the crimes. He was caught out blatantly lying during interviews with police.

During a major lengthy undercover police operation he was the only person identified that was stalking women, and offering women lifts in the Claremont area. No one else was identified doing this. After he was identified the killings stopped. If there was another killer, it could be hypothesized that they would have been happy to know that they were still undetected and kept on killing. I'm sorry, to all the deniers but imo LW is the killer.

He definitely fits the profile, that is unquestionable, I wonder what he was really like as a person, being a loner he would have had quite some rage built up internally, especially if he wasn't regularly ever getting sex other than paying for it. That would have wore the man down. He is the stereo type of a man that would be a rapist in my mind.

If the fire poker was the weapon Lance used on Ciara that is confirmed then it would be quite interesting, hopefully a firepoker is not confused with a golf club. Lots of golfers around that part of Perth.

What I would like to know about Lance is if he actually is the CSK, then that means the Police have obviously bungled the investigation somehow. Which makes me wonder did they take some sort of evidence/DNA that was illegally obtained and deemed inadmissible in court, and all other avenues for acquiring the evidence have been exhausted, could this be why such over analysis of some evidence is being done to try and find something to create the link to get the vital evidence and have it legally obtained so it can be used in court and the backstory presented to the jury/judge (depending on type of trial) is actually accurate and not fall of inaccuracies and possible illegalities for obtaining said evidence.

In could very well be that they know Lance is the Rapist/Killer, they had the evidence, obtained it through some illegal means or through other illegally obtained evidence, and that the whole case is just a bungled shambles with no chance of ever seeing the light of day in a court room due to any judge residing over this case probably throwing the evidence out or throwing the case out before it even got off the ground?

I would not be surprised.

Circumstantially they probably have a small case, but again nothing to prove beyond doubt, and hence without that piece of physical evidence they may never be able to build anything of significance. Is this why a coronial inquest has been massively avoided despite being long overdue?

Not entirely true, in the 2008 documentary they specifically mentioned the 'Martial Arts Practitioner' as having stalking woman in and around the Claremont area.

Requoting this from SUTTON with my comments:

Cottesloe Hotel/Lakeway Drive - circa 1991 [Maybe CSK starting out? was opporunistic, gave the guy a taste for rape, what time did this occur?]]

Swanbourne Railway - January 01, 1993 (Friday) [Possibly CSK if true, One man or two men did this? Surely if this was true then it would have been far more publicised, two girls on the same night raped from the same area (possibly at the same time?) in Perths most affluent richest area, and no media reports, no newspaper articles, no memory of the occurrence for anyone living in Perth at the time from anyone I have met, dead silence? Surely this would have been MASSIVE HEADLINE NEWS!
Two girls raped adjacent to Swanbourne Railway Station. Girls had been to Club Bayview. (papertrail)

Stop sign/Subway - January 01, 1994 (Saturday) [Again could have been the CSK, this seems like a very stupid dangerous way to abduct someone, was he intending on taking the victim away somewhere or just leaving the car at the stop sign with the ignition running blocking the lane with the door possibly open whilst he raped her on the side of the road? or was he going to take her to a park/ or Karrakatta and do the rape there in privacy?]
A man dragged a woman from her car after she had left Club Bay View. He tried to rape her, but she fought him off. (1)
A woman fights off man who dragged her from her car and tried to rape her near Claremont subway. (8)
A girl was waiting at the stop sign at the Claremont subway, was pulled from her vehicle and survived an attempted rape. (papertrail)

Princess Rd - October 31, 1994 (Monday) [I am unsure on this but if say this is connected to the CSK then could it be Lance and the 'friend' performing an abduction together that didnt come off, I would love to know the ethnicity/race of the people involved. Whether they fit the profile of the CSK, or two desperate rapists preying on a woman late at night like some men have done in our taxi service as reported in our media in recent years, again very little report on this case and no public description despite their being a rapist on the loose, maybe two?]
A 31-year-old woman got into a taxi near the club. A man hiding in the back seat grabbed her, but she jumped from the car, breaking a leg. (1)
A 31-year-old woman breaks her ankle when she leaps from a speeding taxi on Princess Rd, after the driver and another man try to attack her. (8)
Attack occurred on Princess Rd, St. Claremont (papertrail)

Karrakatta - February 12, 1995 (Sunday) [Very likely CSK from what we know of possible DNA evidence in the case, seems like the CSK was starting out and into full pre-planning and abduction mode, not known if one or two were involved, most likely one person, was this Lance after the friend died or before? was this his way of raping prior to becoming a killer, and maybe only a killer to hide his evidence of rape]
A girl, 17, was abducted at Rowe Park, tied with an electrical cord, raped and left for dead at Karrakatta Cemetery. She had been abducted walking home from the club. (1)
Teenager abducted, tied with electrical flex and raped in Karrakatta Cemetary (8)
Assailant driving a light-coloured panel van (12)

Golf Course - 1995 [Not sure if linked to CSK, if this is prior to Lance's friend dying then maybe this is Lance's friend and his MO was to drive around as a taxi, in this princess road attack maybe Lance was hiding in the back of the Taxi, or this is a rogue Taxi driver that may have been up to no good in not only the Claremont area but other areas in Perth and this is just two of his many sex attacks?, again for something that happened in such an upmarket area of Perth there is very little media reports/articles about this attempted rape/sex attack, very odd, is this actually a legitimate occurrence?]
In 1995 a young woman got into a taxi in Claremont and the driver drove her to the other side of the railway line to the golf course. Forcibly stripped of her clothes, she managed to escape, banging on the door of a nearby house and screaming for the couple who lived there to let her in. Completely traumatised, it took an hour for her to finally splutter out what had happened. (11)

Sarah Spiers - January 27, 1996 (Saturday) [CSK]
Sarah Spiers disappears from Stirling Rd. and Stirling Hwy. after leaving Club Bay View(8)

Church Lane - March 03, 1996 (Sunday) [Could very well be CSK, definitely fits with the time of night (2am), was this reported in the media/Post? seems unlikely if this attack did occur that there wouldnt be any media source or articles detailing what happened. I am again surprised another se attack has very little media exposure in Perth's most rich and affluent area. This is a brutal attack that seems to suggest a similar attacker to Karrakatta with the brutality of the assault to demobilise the victim. This victim could very well be the best witness to who the CSK was, I wonder how much she saw or what details she remembered seeing considering she managed to escape such a brutal attack/possible rape. What seems to be obvious is that the CSK actually failed a fair bit and only really suceeded with Karakatta and maybe because the victim never identified/ or saw him he let her go, maybe all the other victims were witnesses and were killed because of that]
A 21-year-old woman was indecently assaulted in a lane behind Club Bay View, which she had left about 2am. Her head was bashed six times against a brick wall and her skirt ripped off. (1)
A 21-year-old woman was bashed and indecently assaulted on Church Lane behind Club Bay View. (8)

Jane Rimmer - June 09, 1996 (Sunday) [CSK]
Jane Rimmer is last seen by four friends outside the Conti. Her body is later found south of Perth. (8)

Ciara Glennon - March 14, 1997 (Friday)[CSK]
Ciara Glennon disappears after drinking with friends at the Conti. Her body is found north of Perth. (8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member