TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a member, and I can't tell for sure, but to me it looks single-story with a soaring, 2-story ceiling in the center section. Don't know if that means the sanctuary has a choir loft, but maybe. Can almost guarantee it doesn't have a basement, though. This part of the country doesn't generally have basements due to very unstable soils.

I can tell you are not Church of Christ, or else you would know how funny it is for you to say "choir loft." TeeHee. CoCs don't have choirs, but this one had a "praise team" which is kind of like a choir, only they stand on stage and sing back at the audience.

From the pictures of the church's fb page, it appears the "sanctuary" (or "auditorium," as they may call it) is an open room with a stage and a very tall ceiling. The seating is chairs that connect together and are moveable.

Despite my screen name, I'm female (and I don't have dual personalities... just had a dog named "Fred" at one time ;)).

I'm not a scaredy-cat, but I think that if I entered a somewhat familiar (and typically unoccupied) building at 4:15a, alone, and came face-to-face with he/she in SWAT gear get-up... "it" would scare the buhjeezus outta' me! I don't think the first thing out of my mouth would be, "Good morning officer".

Right. I wonder where exactly in the building she encountered her killer. Or did he sneak up behind her ? I think he was not expecting her, or anyone else. He was in panic mode when he hit her. That's why he left hi "tools" behind. Sloppy.

Exactly. Not only that, why didn't they take anything? As far as LE said, nothing was missing from the church, IIRC.

I think I'm down to my same 2 theories. Either this was specifically to target Missy (not going into details of my theory), or the perp is some lunatic looking for something unbeknownst to us in the church and Missy happened upon her and was murdered in the moment.

I still don't see a burglary gone wrong scenario here at all.

For all we know, this "perp" could get arrested and say that God sent her/him (<--for Kaboom) there to look for something for Him.

This case is crazy! :gaah:

If this was a Catholic church I can think of something of little monetary value that someone would like to steal:
http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/satanists-return-stolen-host-to-archbishop-coakley/
However, I'm not aware of Satanists targeting protestant churches.

If it is a classic burglary, why the perp is wandering around damaging random stuff, instead of searching for money/valuables? Also, dressing like that is not the best idea for a person that needs to be able to get away quick. Ill fitting boots, bulky, uncomfortable gear, nope, it's not something a burglar/hitman would wear.

I've been thinking about how the perp left the crime scene... Most probably in car, but if not, then is it possible, that he/she had a hiding place nearby? A shed, hole, tree house, where he could go unseen and hide his gear temporarily?

I believe he was wandering around breaking into various rooms, searching for money/valuables. It looks like the doors might have been heavier then he anticipated. He was having problems prying them open. It looks like the only ones he was having any luck with were the doors with windows, which he was breaking to open the door.

I expect that after MB interrupted him, and he murdered her, he left as quickly as possible. Most likely with his vehicle.

I can tell you are not Church of Christ, or else you would know how funny it is for you to say "choir loft." TeeHee. CoCs don't have choirs, but this one had a "praise team" which is kind of like a choir, only they stand on stage and sing back at the audience.

From the pictures of the church's fb page, it appears the "sanctuary" (or "auditorium," as they may call it) is an open room with a stage and a very tall ceiling. The seating is chairs that connect together and are moveable.

Bill, Do you know if the house right by the church is occupied by the pastor of this church ? TIA

Hi guys. Been mostly lurking on this one. I just wanted to give my impression of the perp. I am getting a somewhat "mannish" female and I wonder if she us a security guard of some sort. She/he has that swagger of what we call a "wannabe cop" . also as awkward as her/his gait seems to be, he/ she still see to be quite adroit handling the tools. Also at one point it really looked as though it was sort of fingering it's shoulder area where a police radio would be. I guess what I'm trying to say is I can see the perp comfortable with the equipment, but awkward with the bulk of it. I dunno. I will bet my horse that this is a law enforcement familiar person.

Back to reading. Some of our new members are posting some great opinions. :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So he was an amateur hit man who decided that it would be fun to vandalize the inside of the church while he waited for her? I’m sorry but that makes no sense.

Again, what was the motive. A murder has got to have a motive. Who was the person who wanted her dead, and why?

It makes sense to me to stage a burglary in order to divert attention and investigation away from who would want to kill, or have killed, Missy in cold blood.

I am seeing things very very clearly now, after watching all of the videos. But it is difficult to talk about motive, because I think it's breaking the rules, as Missy, her family, and friends are to be treated as victims.

I believe he was wandering around breaking into various rooms, searching for money/valuables. It looks like the doors might have been heavier then he anticipated. He was having problems prying them open. It looks like the only ones he was having any luck with were the doors with windows, which he was breaking to open the door.

I expect that after MB interrupted him, and he murdered her, he left as quickly as possible. Most likely with his vehicle.

Why didn't the perp steal Missy's diamond ring?

Another observation from the video:

At the 1:13-mark, the camera is pointed down the west hallway with the Dutch Doors. Is that another entrance at the very end of the hall? It almost looks like there are a few stairs down there, and you can see what appears to be a cross-bar for the door.

Then, at about the 1:47-mark, the perp is now starting back checking interior rooms, and they start to enter a room on their right. (I'm guessing this might be an entrance to the worship center (auditorium, sanctuary). Notice that he/she has a hammer in his/her right hand and a flashlight in his/her left hand. As he/she comes around that corner, he/she raises both hands, shining the flashlight with the left and raising the hammer almost defensively in the right. I think this is more evidence of law enforcement training. Think about needing to keep your right hand free to draw your weapon, and you learn to open doors and hold flashlights with your left hand. That way you can see and shoot at the same time if necessary.

What is the motive in your scenario?

:D You would be correct. (And I did read about the praise team on Thread 1.)

Guess this is me thinking more from a structural viewpoint, again. I don't know the history of this church, or if this has always been CoC. A lot of churches growing and buying buildings from each other down here, so there's the chance some might have features not as pertinent to their particular worship style.

That said, this building does look fairly modern, so yeah...good guess this CoC wouldn't have a choir loft even if it had an overflow sanctuary balcony. :)

Another observation from the video:

At the 1:13-mark, the camera is pointed down the west hallway with the Dutch Doors. Is that another entrance at the very end of the hall? It almost looks like there are a few stairs down there, and you can see what appears to be a cross-bar for the door.

Then, at about the 1:47-mark, the perp is now starting back checking interior rooms, and they start to enter a room on their right. (I'm guessing this might be an entrance to the worship center (auditorium, sanctuary). Notice that he/she has a hammer in his/her right hand and a flashlight in his/her left hand. As he/she comes around that corner, he/she raises both hands, shining the flashlight with the left and raising the hammer almost defensively in the right. I think this is more evidence of law enforcement training. Think about needing to keep your right hand free to draw your weapon, and you learn to open doors and hold flashlights with your left hand. That way you can see and shoot at the same time if necessary.

Yes, and the way of holding the flashlight in that position certainly hints at law enforcement or military training. But, where do we go from there...?

Bill, Do you know if the house right by the church is occupied by the pastor of this church ? TIA

From Google Earth, it doesn't look like there is a parsonage. The only nearby house is across the highway, and I read somewhere that that property was some sort of place that hosted special events like weddings, so I'm not even sure anybody lives over there.

Why didn't the perp steal Missy's diamond ring?

Likely for the same reason he left his burglary tools behind. Panic and adrenaline owned him after he hit her and killed her. Not an experienced thief. Also, if there was any conversation, Missy might have said that other people would be showing up soon. He freaked out,if so. jmo, though.

From Google Earth, it doesn't look like there is a parsonage. The only nearby house is across the highway, and I read somewhere that that property was some sort of place that hosted special events like weddings, so I'm not even sure anybody lives over there.

TY for this. So, possible that the house is empty ?

I agree, it is entirely possible.

Just my thought process as work here so be patient with me:

If it were a burglary, then it is not likley it was done by someone who already owned a set of riot gear. If the gear was purchased for the sole purpose of robbing the place, then the suspect would have spent an absorbinant amount and thought the return would outweigh the cost. I go back to why not just a hoody and a ski mask, .97 sent gardening gloves. Body language tells a lot. This is not get in get out, rummage through desk drawers etc. This suspects body language says to me, "waiting on something", and may have been looking for somthing while waiting. Suspect passes too many doors while up and down the hall that he does not atempt to open to be looking for loot. I had considered early on that he may have been looking for a place to hide, to get the drop on victim, but if the initial video's were the opposite end of the hall from where she was going to park, none of the doors opened make any sence, unless the workout room was nearer to them than the entrance.

It’s a SWAT costume and a helmet. Maybe he had it laying around. Maybe he picked it up at a thrift store for a few dollars. Maybe it didn’t cost him any more then a hoody and a ski mask.

What evidence do you have, that he didn’t rummage through desk drawers? Please give me the link if you have it. How do you know how many doors he opened in 30 minutes, by watching less then one minute of video? What body language indicates that he was "waiting on something”? In the video that I have seen he seems to be very busy, not like he is waiting. If he was waiting for something, why didn’t he just find a chair and sit down? Thats what I would do, if I was waiting. Thats what I think most people do when they wait.

That's what I was looking for and I was wondering if that was her equipment outside as she was starting to setup for the class outdoors but for one reason or another was drawn to go inside even though the class wasn't to be held there.

Maybe to use the restroom, before people started to arrive???

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member