NC NC - James 'Martin' Roberts, 19, Boone, 21 April 2016

KJ's Mamu

Reaction score
James Martin Roberts, 19, was last seen in the area around the Appalachian State University Convocation Center.

Roberts is 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighs about 145 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes.

He was wearing a black, short-sleeve shirt, an ASU windbreaker, khaki shorts, gray New Balance shoes and a white golf visor hat.

James%20Martin%20Roberts_1461366326704_3941301_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/boone-police-seeking-missing-person/236422659

Do you think the news media could give us any less information concerning this missing

Is he a student at ASU? Was he seen this past Thursday, 4/21/16 or the week before? If it was two days ago, here on a weekend before finals are coming up, I would not be too concerned. But if it was last week, then it is a totally different thing to me. And if we don't know if he is a student . . ? Should he be on campus? Where does he live and work and hang out? I agree, too many unanswered questions.

it was this past thursday at 1230 PM, he is a student.

Not sure about grades or if he had a car on campus. Not much being talked about on campus (as opposed to the Anna Smith disappearance, there was a LOT of unreleased info), Kids on campus are just really sad and worried.
All my child has been able to ascertain is that his ID and debit card are missing (so assume his phone is not with him?) and that his fraternity brothers loved him and he had a girlfriend who was crazy about him.
It's just a very strange situation :(

*UPDATE*

http://myfox8.com/2016/04/24/more-details-released-about-kernersville-man-reported-missing-in-boone/

He lives in Boone, and attends Caldwell Community, which is a junior college. His fraternity may be one that is not officially recognized by campus? I will check into that, but would explain how he is with them. Maybe he was at App in the fall and transferred, or maybe he didn't get into App and moved there to take jr college classes in the hopes of transferring. Again, will try to find out.
He, like most in that area, loved the Blue Ridge trails. Which always makes me nervous when someone goes missing.

I am sensing, from the parent's plea, that this is voluntary disappearance, they may or may not know why. Boone PD released that the last known sighting was near the convocation center Thursday afternoon, and that he "may" have been spotted out on the Blue Ridge Parkway and that particular area has been searched. Even if he went off to clear his head, I always worry about getting hurt, that parkway is massive.

He might have been on campus visiting friends/girlfriend. And he does live in Boone, rents a house with a bunch of guys. I knew plenty of guys who did this back in the day. Perhaps he is off having fun before the grind of finals? I hope so. Otherwise this could be an ominous disappearance.

He lives in Boone, and attends Caldwell Community, which is a junior college. His fraternity may be one that is not officially recognized by campus? I will check into that, but would explain how he is with them. Maybe he was at App in the fall and transferred, or maybe he didn't get into App and moved there to take jr college classes in the hopes of transferring. Again, will try to find out.

ASU student here. Pi Kappa Epsilon was the fraternity that got suspended in 2011 - not sure what the status is now. TKE (the frat he was in) is recognized. I think that he was attending ASU either last year or last semester, and was put on academic probation or suspension, and transferred to CCCTI to get his GPA up to get readmitted. He was described in this post as a "a good kid that has lost his way" - so my guess would be that he started at App, partied too hard, got "kicked out" (in a way), went to community college, probably still has issues with partying. This past year we've had I think 2 students attending CCCTI die of overdose - one was my neighbor and I actually watched them do CPR on his body as they carried him out - so I think there is a good possibility, knowing the area and the circumstances, that there might be drugs involved. There's also a good possibility he is depressed, just considering all the stuff he's probably going through.

Thatsdopamine- heroin like everywhere else right now?

I hope this kid is found safe. I hope there are no drugs involved. I am not old, but drugs now are crazier than when I was in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thatsdopamine, you have said what i was assuming, based on what i've heard from my daughter. That fb post makes me very sad. I wonder if his grades at Catawba were not good and he was worried about facing his parents. Sometimes parents have a right to be angry, not saying this is this case, but it's all a part of growing up. I want so desperately for him to show up and say, whats all the fuss about? But am growing less and less optimistic.

It sounds as if he took off and possibly was depressed. It just doesn't sound good for him. I hope he realizes that anything can be fixed.

If only he had his phone, he could see how much people care on Facebook. His life sounded so full, not just people coming out of the woodwork now. I think maybe he was scared over grades? And, yes, parents have the right to enact tough love, we had to do that with our oldest over school. It's not the end of the world, I am just so sad that I think he may have thought all was lost.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back