WA WA - Seattle, WhtFem 30-50, 159UFWA, alias 'Mary Anderson', copper IUD, breast surgery scars, Oct'96

could she possibly have had a terminal illness?

Possibly, but not according to the autopsy. She is described in some MSM articles as having been "in good health"—unless they are purposely withholding this information.

When I typed into google: Special issue comes with maple leaf, a ton of Canadian maple stuff came up, but they do not say she had Canadian money. Perhaps she even went to the trouble to only have American money if she was Canadian and didn't want to be discovered, but then why the leaf? She loved Canada? Then she would have chose to die there, would she not? Not leave it. No pun intended.
Ok this is my theory, it was mentioned prior that she was buried next to a man with a maple leaf headstone. I wonder if that man had any significance prior to her suicide? Something about that jas been nagging at me this whole time. Maybe she knew him and the maple leaf found pressed was her way of letting LE make the connection. Just a thought...maybe it was made to be a logical step with the maple leaf theme (newspaper) pressed etc. To kind of psyche them into burying her or putting her in the same grave with the headstone. Do we have burial indication of who this man is that is buried there? And when he died?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Oops. Scratch the abdominal scar. Too many cases :D The spy ring sounded quite intriguing with method of death, but question her leaving the note, seemingly making it unrelated. Sure adds to the intrigue. She lacked an accent, but maybe she felt she betrayed her Country... hmmm... Canada? Maybe you were somehow onto something with that before. It still seems like she would have connections to people in everyday life and a doctor somewhere.
Have you seen the show the Americans? They do not have Russian accents but are Soviet spies living in America. That is how they were trained etc. Interesting show, makes it plausible. Maybe the same with Lyle Stevik??

Ok this is my theory, it was mentioned prior that she was buried next to a man with a maple leaf headstone. I wonder if that man had any significance prior to her suicide? Something about that jas been nagging at me this whole time. Maybe she knew him and the maple leaf found pressed was her way of letting LE make the connection. Just a thought...maybe it was made to be a logical step with the maple leaf theme (newspaper) pressed etc. To kind of psyche them into burying her or putting her in the same grave with the headstone. Do we have burial indication of who this man is that is buried there? And when he died?

I just re-read that article and I don't think it was a "maple leaf headstone". I think it referred to a maple leaf resting on the headstone. At the end of the article, the author describes maple leaves all over the ground in the cemetery. Earlier in the piece, she says that Mary is buried in a plot with another indigent and that she doesn't have her own plot. This was likely due to space reasons.

I know there is speculation that Mary was from Canada because of the leaf but in re-reading that article, I wonder the answer is as simple as she was walking around Seattle before checking in and picked up a leaf.

I'm sure this has been discussed before. But I wonder if she applied the lipstick to cover up the blue effect cyanide has on lips, post-mortem.

Then again, it just could have been a ritualistic or comforting thing. I always start off my morning by putting on lipstick, even if it's just a touch of a rosy pink color, regardless of if I intend on going out or not. Maybe it was to prepare herself for her death, like she wanted to "go out pretty".

BUMP!

It's been a long while since I've been in this thread.

There is now new postmortem photographs of "Mary Anderson" that were submitted to her Namus Case profile.

The clear photos show her on the hotel bed, with the Bible, and her belongings such as her reading glasses on the nightstand, as well as a pack of cigarettes with a blue lighter on top:

https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/30014

BUMP!

There is now new postmortem photographs of "Mary Anderson" that were submitted to her Namus Case profile.

The clear photos show her on the hotel bed, with the Bible, and her belongings such as her reading glasses on the nightstand, as well as a pack of cigarettes with a blue lighter on top:

Interesting pictures, thank you for the link!

I don't mean this offensively, but I was surprised how heavy her body appeared to be, when compared with her face. She had a slender face for her weight.

Could the dental plate be a good clue?

I don't mean this offensively, but I was surprised how heavy her body appeared to be, when compared with her face. She had a slender face for her weight.

Could the dental plate be a good clue?

There was a 2nd postemortem sketch of her after her death showing her face much fuller. Perhaps at the time of her death, she was much thinner than what she was years beforehand.

When I saw her, I thought the same thing.

She looks much more European in ethnicity than I expected. Also, looks like she dyed her hair very recently, plus well kept nails and brows, plus no stray facial hair or arm hair (from as best as I can see).

She looks much more European in ethnicity than I expected. Also, looks like she dyed her hair very recently, plus well kept nails and brows, plus no stray facial hair or arm hair (from as best as I can see).

I came by and was going to mention the same thing about her ethnicity as well. Her features are so clear and VERY European looking. I would say now, after seeing these good quality photos, that Mary was possibly:

Greek
Macedonian/Balkan
Italian
Russian
Spanish

I'm starting to wonder now if she came from out of the country. The hotel staff said they didn't detect any accent, unless she hid it well. Also, her appearence seemed much older than the ME's report of being 30-50 years of age. I would say she was a woman 55-60 years in age. Also, you can see the toll the cyanide was taking on her body as the red splotches on her right arm show the poison was depleting the oxygen from her skin as it just sits in the blood.

When I saw her, I thought the same thing.

Count me in, too. I also got the impression that she was dressed better, too. While the description says a "black top," that looks more like a fading t-shirt. She looks more like she's going out to pull weeds from the garden than go shopping at Nordstrom.

I think that's highlights on the black velour, not fading. It looks like the kind of comfortable soft outfit many overweight women favor. And at 5'8" and 240 lbs, there's no question she was way overweight.

The new photos remind me of Annandale Jane Doe, who committed suicide in December of the same year.

Attachments

• Mary Anderson with Annandale JD.png
    Mary Anderson with Annandale JD.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 60
She does look Mediterranean to me as well. Reminds me of some of my family members (Greek).

She does look Mediterranean to me as well. Reminds me of some of my family members (Greek).

The first thing I thought when I first saw her picture is that she looks like many southern Italian and Greek women of a certain age that I have known.

Not all Spanish look Mediterranean. Those from the north look Celtic: dark hair, very pale skin, grey/green/blue eyes.

. Iam actually blown away at the difference that these new color photos bring out. And they never mentioned she had cigarettes. I just wonder how many cases can photos be updated like this and how many cases are also missing-the info Of more items found with or around the body. She is Not at all what I had envisioned.
Now she looks to me she actually looks Gypsy like one of those fly by night fortune tellers( they sit and smoke and read your cards in the window) They usually set up shop for a while and then all of a sudden they are gone. They also usually have aliases. Makes me wonder now if the address in Manhattan was of a storefront.... I live in NYC and I have seen so many of them and now that I see her that is what she reminds me of....I am now looking at this Mary lady much more differently.

BUMP!

There is now new postmortem photographs of "Mary Anderson" that were submitted to her Namus Case profile

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011