OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, I think there may be something to who was not killed. It could be seen as anyone who was old enough to talk was targeted, the rest left alone.

Am I the only one who thinks this whole thing reminds me of the last season of Fargo? KC mob comes in and says sell us your business or we'll wipe out your whole family. I'm thinking this is definitely a cartel hit.

Jan. 8, 2016
http://www.businessinsider.com/el-chapo-guzman-caught-control-of-us-drug-market

As of 2013, the DEA believed that the cartel supplied "80% of the heroin, cocaine, marijuana and methamphetamine — with a street value of $3 billion — that floods the Chicago region each year."
And, as a DEA report released this summer makes clear, Guzmán's organization has only expanded and deepened its US operations in the last two years.

I feel like the public outcry about these executions in both counties will bring more widespread arrests of big drug dealers in these cartels. They have to do something now.

Something that was odd to me, there are about 3 out in the open gay family members. All are connected by FB. It just seems odd to me that many seem accepting, they just don't seem like a group accepting of gays to me. Some have downright anti-gay things posted. None of this seems connected to the deaths in any way, it is just odd that people are out and open. In my family there is one gay person that is not out and open and my family, while most aren't accepting, seem more accepting than this family.

It is just an odd family in some ways.

I would imagine they can't say no either. Once the cartels decide they want the land, they will get use of it or make sure someone suffers. They don't play. I'm glad the babies were left alive. I hope they catch or at least manage to discover who did this. Those poor kids.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

This was my thought, that their land was being used by the cartel willingly or forcibly.

I think that would depend on the scale of the pot deal. If this family was moving huge amounts of cannabis, the cartels would not like that competition.

Or they were growing it in conjunction with the "people in the camp", and something went very, very wrong.

Something that was odd to me, there are about 3 out in the open gay family members. All are connected by FB. It just seems odd to me that many seem accepting, they just don't seem like a group accepting of gays to me. Some have downright anti-gay things posted. None of this seems connected to the deaths in any way, it is just odd that people are out and open. In my family there is one gay person that is not out and open and my family, while most aren't accepting, seem more accepting than this family.

It is just an odd family in some ways.

Eh. Unfortunately, sometimes homophobia is part of a certain culture of people. I don't want to get political, so I won't elaborate on that culture.
But when it comes to the nitty gritty, most people are inclined to love their families even if their choices, lifestyles, or personalities do go against local cultural norms.

Alright, I'm out for the night. Here's where I'm at right now:
The Rhoden family is the unnamed family from the drug bust last month. Their housing 'compound' is the one listed in the report as housing a huge grow operation, and they've been producing both smoking cannabis and hash oil.
In exchange for immunity or a lighter sentence, they have been working with LE to bring down the cartel they've been working in conjunction with. The cartel found out about it somehow, and executed the family.

This is really going back a ways, but this same cartel came up during the thread on Byrd and Melanie Billings, the couple that was shot in Pensacola. Turned out to be a hit gone wrong, but there was a rabbit trail that lead to Guzman and a large nationwide waste company that had strange routes that went through Florida via Costa Rica and spread upwards to the Midwest...

The Rhoden family is the unnamed family from the drug bust last month. Their housing 'compound' is the one listed in the report as housing a huge grow operation, and they've been producing both smoking cannabis and hash oil.
In exchange for immunity or a lighter sentence, they have been working with LE to bring down the cartel they've been working in conjunction with. The cartel found out about it somehow, and executed the family.

Wait.what unnamed family and bust?

That sounds entirely plausible...

Eh. Unfortunately, sometimes homophobia is part of a certain culture of people. I don't want to get political, so I won't elaborate on that culture.
But when it comes to the nitty gritty, most people are inclined to love their families even if their choices, lifestyles, or personalities do go against local cultural norms.

I would second this. I grew up in a similar family. The behavior kind of goes in the "blood is thicker than water" category--when it comes down to it, they're still your family, and that's more important than politics or social views or anything else.

Forgive me if this has already been speculated on. There was another murder January 5, 2016. A mother and daughter that remains unsolved. They were killed with a 30/30 shotgun. This happened less than 30 miles away. Their names are Candy and Mykal Newsome.

Unless they were in competition with each other. I am perpetually amazed at how many people I know that smoke marijuana on a daily basis and usually multiple times a day. The market is HUGE.

While marking my spot I'll have a rant, sorry OT but prohibition has never worked!!

Cartels would not even exist if there was a way to legally buy drugs , I personally do not use but we can't continue to keep our head in the sand. There is a market or there wouldn't be billions of $ being trafficked.

Aside from this type of tragedy my son personally knew another police officer here in Aus that was shot and killed during a (low level) police raid. Just in the past couple of days there has been a number of deaths of young people at "rave" concerts overdose or die due to not knowing how strong or exactly what is in the tablets they take, and believe me this is only going to get worse until something is changed.
Buying legally could at least Include some education about use and addiction.

I would second this. I grew up in a similar family. The behavior kind of goes in the "blood is thicker than water" category--when it comes down to it, they're still your family, and that's more important than politics or social views or anything else.

I can understand that, but it wouldn't be accepted in my family to be open and no one would be liking a couple picture on Facebook. Even liking the picture would put you in the firing line. My family isn't bad, but they are just ultra conservative. You also wouldn't be open so your mom didn't have to put up with crap from other family members. My cousin isn't open with everyone because of that. It is suspected by many but not discussed, don't ask don't tell. I'm in the deep South and find this area to be similar in those views. We might be different in much we don't put out there for our parents, even when we are grown adults. That could really be a southern thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans