OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a lot of family members got pulled over frequently for not wearing seatbelts... a "probable cause" for a police officer to pull over and inspect a vehicle. Sounds to me like law enforcement was aware of their "business" and was looking to find something to bust them on (trafficking?)

ALSO, did anyone else catch the exchange on fb between FrankieR and BrandonR September 13, 2011? FR was complaining about fighting with his family and BR offered up his solution. VERY CREEPY. BR is one of the Rhodens who was not killed, and has posted a video of the newsman "not 500 yards from where his uncle was found."

Usually the sheriff isn't the one doing the arresting. He said he wasn't familiar with these people as far as law enforcement is concerned. That isn't true.

There could be a good reason he said that or he isn't good with the press. It wasn't true and a lie is always picked up on. Was it a necessary lie or a stupid lie that make you wonder what else is a lie?

Time will tell.

Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader said the family did not have prior criminal contact with his office.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/7-dead-near-peebles-ohio/nq9Qw/

Reader said the family did not have prior criminal contact with his office.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/7-mysteries-from-the-pike-county-murders/nrBb6/

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...g-pre-planned-execution-attorney-gener/nrBJS/

At this point I haven't seen where any family member has been in criminal court since Reader has been in office, so I take what he said as truth. jmo

Maybe before jumping to conclusions about cartels, we should wait to see if it is determined that the grow operation was the catalyst to the massacre. It is looking probable, but it isn't a fact, as yet. See what the evidence turns up. JMO

The Sheriff now is Charles Reader, not Brian, he wasn't an officer in 2007 in Pike Cty, maybe this Dep at the time is a relative.

Sheriff Reader's has been in office since May 2015, each Sheriff sees that as "HIS office" at the time he's in office.

Does anyone suppose that they were possible "growing" for someone else?
Is it possible that someone was short changed or money was skimmed?

Definitely (my opinion) growing for someone else.

I think they were being used and were pawns in a way and someone else was pulling the strings. They were the working mules doing the production and I think someone else ran the 'business' part. Someone smart planned this, the brains behind the business probably instructed and helped plan this.

Seems like a lot of family members got pulled over frequently for not wearing seatbelts... a "probable cause" for a police officer to pull over and inspect a vehicle. Sounds to me like law enforcement was aware of their "business" and was looking to find something to bust them on (trafficking?)

ALSO, did anyone else catch the exchange on fb between FrankieR and BrandonR September 13, 2011? FR was complaining about fighting with his family and BR offered up his solution. VERY CREEPY. BR is one of the Rhodens who was not killed, and has posted a video of the newsman "not 500 yards from where his uncle was found."

Excellent points!

Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader said the family did not have prior criminal contact with his office.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/7-dead-near-peebles-ohio/nq9Qw/

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/7-mysteries-from-the-pike-county-murders/nrBb6/

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...g-pre-planned-execution-attorney-gener/nrBJS/

At this point I haven't seen where any family member has been in criminal court since Reader has been in office, so I take what he said as truth. jmo

Off topic - I love your avatar pic of DB. I am a huge fan as well :)

Family confirms to @10TV the photos of Gary, Christopher SR and Kenneth Rhoden.
#PikeCounty #RhodenFamily #10TV

1139b37a15f565f8a005b61bb5bd82ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who suspect or believe this may not be cartel related, what are some alternate theories? I'm feeling myself really attached to the cartel theory, and I want to make sure I'm not missing any other alternatives because of it.

A gang. Maybe an Appalachian hard core gang that we've never heard of before setting up territory for the lucrative drug corridor that is developing all through that area. That's all I can come up with other than a cartel.

Thank you for that. Others picked up on this when it happened.

Like I said long ago, there could be a good reason that we don't know about. It is just a very bad press move. It could be inexperience being a small town or he thought it was necessary to hide foe a bigger reason. There are just better ways to go around something like that which done being up questions that may be unnecessary and don't make people question what you are saying.

It could all be inexperience and thinking it wasn't necessary or something else. It is enough to have me watch what he says now.

Nancy Grace on CNN right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the reasons that this doesn't scream cartel to me personally is:

1. Seemingly intimate knowledge of the geography (homes, distance, which family members were where and where to go in a short period of time)

2. Undetected entrance into homes (assuming) - didn't alert the dogs, sounds like no forced entry. Of course, not confirmed by LE but it *sounds* like no one was maybe alerted

3. Children left unharmed (code, conscience or personal connection?)

4. I had thought Mexican cartels might employ their own trusted growers and bury their grow-ops deeper off the radar and stay away from such big families to have knowledge of their business doings (although other posters posted links to show that cartels might have their hands in the pie somehow)

5. I thought cartels might not get their hands this dirty so loudly

6. If it's true there was a supposed threatening letter sent weeks earlier - I highly doubt cartel would do this a scare tactic.

7. IIRC, so far no mention of FBI/DEA involvement

Totally JMO. The planner of this crime obviously has some intelligence because meticulous planning.

Although the Mexican drug cartel theory seems reasonable, I find myself asking the exact same questions. I think the crime must have been coordinated
with a person that has intimate knowledge about the Rhoden's. If the Rhoden's have connections to organized crime of some sort, they probably wouldn't have
a central role in such an organization. From the perspective of the criminal organization, would it make sense to commit such a high profile mass murder
and have all law enforcement agencies on their tail for such small fish?

As for the threat. I think I read it was a facebook post. I think it might just have been tough talk among teenagers. It may just be a coincidence
that it preceded the killings. But I don't know the content of the threat so it may be hard to judge. Certainly, I doubt that a criminal organization would
announce a murder before committing it.

interesting find K L

I think this is indeed a record for one of our victims. DOB is right for this to be the murdered Kenny

The names and dates of birth of the victims are as follows:
• Hannah Gilley, DOB 02/28/1996
• Christopher Rhoden, Sr., DOB 09/17/1975
• Christopher Rhoden, Jr., DOB 11/04/1999
• Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, DOB 08/10/1995
• Dana Rhoden, DOB 08/29/1978
• Gary Rhoden, DOB 12/19/1977
• Hanna Rhoden, DOB 04/07/1997
• Kenneth Rhoden, DOB 03/30/1972

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/ohio/at-least-7-dead-in-home-east-of-cincinnati/149369481

ETA I note that arrest/Order of Protection is from 2007.

Hello, new here but have a question. Is there anything official that has stated the 4th crime scene was 30 miles away? I am one county over- Scioto and very familiar with the area as is my husband and I do not see how they are figuring Left Fork is 30 miles from Union.

Hello, new here but have a question. Is there anything official that has stated the 4th crime scene was 30 miles away? I am one county over- Scioto and very familiar with the area as is my husband and I do not see how they are figuring Left Fork is 30 miles from Union.

I had seen that it was 3 miles away, up until today. For some reason, 30 has been floating around.

I thought it was odd that if you have a large scale operation, why take the risk of getting weed from California through the USPS? I know we have killer weed out here but I wouldn't think you would need top shelf to make shatter.
I posted this same article several pages ago and what struck me was that the woman was picking up the package for her husband. None of the Rhoden family women that were killed were married, so is it a misprint or was it a potential rival family? Also could the woman who alerted police have been related to the Rhoden at all?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member