OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets me is the door was locked, there was a key around there. Bobbi said she knew where the key was at, and unlocked it obviously. The suspects either knew where the key was by being there before and seeing them place the key somewhere, or they had been watching from a distance in the preplanning. It's a freaky thought thinking people would be watching to execute people.

interesting find K L

I think this is indeed a record for one of our victims. DOB is right for this to be the murdered Kenny

The names and dates of birth of the victims are as follows:
• Hannah Gilley, DOB 02/28/1996
• Christopher Rhoden, Sr., DOB 09/17/1975
• Christopher Rhoden, Jr., DOB 11/04/1999
• Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, DOB 08/10/1995
• Dana Rhoden, DOB 08/29/1978
• Gary Rhoden, DOB 12/19/1977
• Hanna Rhoden, DOB 04/07/1997
• Kenneth Rhoden, DOB 03/30/1972

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/ohio/at-least-7-dead-in-home-east-of-cincinnati/149369481

ETA I note that arrest/Order of Protection is from 2007.

Dep. Brain Reader is the ticketing officer in 2007, is he the same as, Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader in this case? idk jmo

Hello, new here but have a question. Is there anything official that has stated the 4th crime scene was 30 miles away? I am one county over- Scioto and very familiar with the area as is my husband and I do not see how they are figuring Left Fork is 30 miles from Union.

I've heard 10 miles and 30 miles. The relative that says he lives 500 ft from the 4th scene says he lives in Rarden if that helps.

I think I heard 30 on the news the day it happened.

What gets me is the door was locked, there was a key around there. Bobbi said she knew where the key was at, and unlocked it obviously. The suspects either knew where the key was by being there before and seeing them place the key somewhere, or they had been watching from a distance in the preplanning. It's a freaky thought thinking people would be watching to execute people.

Someone suggested yesterday that the perpetrators first went to the property on Left Fork, where they may have demanded some information pertaining to the larger property before killing him. If that's the case (I find that to be plausible), they may have obtained a key to the property from that scene.

Usually hidden keys aren't hard to find either. Most people really put them under plant pots or noticeable rocks, etc.

It is 6.7 miles from the Union Hill properties to the Left Fork property- all country back road. It is not 30 miles as some people continue to say.

The sheriff did not "lie" about dealings with the Rhoden family. I would guess based on how operations work in other small towns that he is not responding to domestic violence calls. I seriously doubt he ever arrested any of the Rhodens.

Interesting that the person Dana was at odds with in the domestic violence case (and where she did five years probation) is also the person that just painted the living room of her new house.

I think the sheriff has a firm grip on this case. The only reason the pot farms were confirmed was due to a reporter tweeting about it. If the sheriff needed the publics assistance, he would ask for it. I.e. "We are looking for such and such car etc," but he isn't He is running a very tight ship. They don't want anyone to know they are on to them

Drug cartel? I dont see it. Not even a little bit

bbm, bump

Some locals are talking on the T place about issues previously with the LE and judicial system if people want to take a look.

I had seen that it was 3 miles away, up until today. For some reason, 30 has been floating around.

I think 30 is very inaccurate. More like a 10 minute drive. Not sure it makes much difference in the grand scheme of things but the 4th crime scene is much closer than some are saying.

I think 30 is very inaccurate. More like a 10 minute drive. Not sure it makes much difference in the grand scheme of things but the 4th crime scene is much closer than some are saying.
I had originally thought media reports stated it was 0.3 miles away. But that still isn't a 10 minute drive. 3 miles maybe....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I don't know about there, but here, just in a somewhat rural area, there is a man that has hundreds of fighting *advertiser censored*. Their cages all lined up are very visible from the road, a road that the sherrif's dept travels several times a day.

Nothing is ever done about it, not even animal control or zoning will touch it. I don't know if he just sells them, fights them or both. It seems many times this type thing is overlooked in many places until something big happens.

I would still say that a pro grower would be requesting seeds and not mature product. Growers take pride in their green thumb and, although they might want to sample a master growers strain, they wouldn't need 38 pounds of it. Jmo

Maybe they had an order to fill and their plants weren't ready yet.

I had originally thought media reports stated it was 0.3 miles away. But that still isn't a 10 minute drive. 3 miles maybe....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's actually 6.6 miles according to my phone.

I'm also surprised by how many have said people around here don't lock their doors. I find that to be a an inaccurate assumption. I don't know anyone who doesn't lock their doors a night. I even keep my doors locked during the day and I live in a really nice country town with lots of neighbors.
Not sure where this misconception comes from that people who live in the country sleep with their doors open at night. Maybe some do but my husband's family is from a rural area not far from where the crimes were committed and I've never heard of such things.

I've also never heard of drug cartels in the area and had no idea such a thing even existed around here. I've read a few articles that say otherwise but that's the first I've heard of organized drug crime in the area and I've lived here all my life. (31 years)

This whole ordeal is so bizarre.

It's actually 6.6 miles according to my phone.

I'm also surprised by how many have said people around here don't lock their doors. I find that to be a an inaccurate assumption. I don't know anyone who doesn't lock their doors a night. I even keep my doors locked during the day and I live in a really nice country town with lots of neighbors.
Not sure where this misconception comes from that people who live in the country sleep with their doors open at night. Maybe some do but my husband's family is from a rural area not far from where the crimes were committed and I've never heard of such things.

I've also never heard of drug cartels in the area and had no idea such a thing even existed around here. I've read a few articles that say otherwise but that's the first I've heard of organized drug crime in the area and I've lived here all my life. (31 years)

This whole ordeal is so bizarre.

I never locked my door in the country, even all day when I was gone to work and at night.

I'm not in the country anymore and my door is never unlocked.

In CNN report it was said family was being stalked. I do not think they would still have their growing setup if they were the people involved in recent drug bust, but what if someone believed they were involved with info to LE before or after?

Not sure about Cartel, not even sure it was 100% about drugs. I don't know family dynamics within town, but they seemed to stick together-take on one,take on all. Early this morning CNN was reporting a good friend of Dana's said something like who doesn't have skeletons in their closet.

In CNN report it was said family was being stalked. I do not think they would still have their growing setup if they were the people involved in recent drug bust, but what if someone believed they were involved with info to LE before or after?

Not sure about Cartel, not even sure it was 100% about drugs. I don't know family dynamics within town, but they seemed to stick together-take on one,take on all. Early this morning CNN was reporting a good friend of Dana's said something like who doesn't have skeletons in their closet.

BBM- If they were acting as informants to the FBI, they would absolutely still have their grow set up. LE would want to see where that cannabis was going, whose hands it was changing with, what the scope was, etc. They would have to continue on as if nothing was happening, to properly investigate and collect evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021