OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just now on Anderson Cooper:

Neighbor Stan Tumidosky (who has a sweet vintage T-bird!) was home at the time of the murders and heard nothing.

DeWine is trying to comfort locals while keeping details of the investigation close to the vest "to keep the bad guys guessing." (Again, he said GUYS, plural)

Pastor Phil Fulton was interviewed again. "Heartless to kill a mother of a 4-day old infant."

Piketon seems serene, but the town was connected to a Mexican drug cartel in 2012. No evidence that these murders were connected to drugs though.

Grow operation was "commercial grade -- a major set up."

At the first and fourth location, there was no forced entry. Whoever did this was very familiar with the family.

In the article I read tonight , about the 1200 plant production that was found - that was supposedly linked to the cartel, they indicated that no arrests were ever made ! How? It seems like this was "brushed under the rug" or forgotten about.
I'm thinking that the sheriff department knows a lot more than what is being portrayed.
Cartel screams danger and extreme violence to me- it's possible that it may cause LE to "tip toe" around it.

I have not, no. But is this the one that the R family is rumored to have been responsible for? (Consider this 100% rumor because it comes from that local gossip site!!) People are saying that one or more of the more senior men (Chris Sr., Gary, Kenneth) was responsible for an unsolved murder in the area and that their family was killed as payback. Again -- I have seen NOTHING to suggest that this is actually true. But it is one story that is circulating.

Mods - feel free to delete if this is not ok to post. It is most certainly not fact. Just rumor.

There is an unsolved murder of a man and his girlfriend that happened in 2006 and there is an article about it dated 2012. Is that the case that's being referenced here? Or are there 2 similar homicide cases 6 years apart?
If the murders happened in 2012, I would find it highly unlikely that someone would wait 4 years to get revenge. Unless they just very recently discoveredwho they believe were responsible.
And even more unlikely that this was revenge from a 2006 murder.

First and fourth location had no forced entry. Do we know the 911 call was made from. The actual first location?

I thought that murder rumour happened just a a few months ago..

I read it was 14 days before the murders. I saw the screen shots, but would have to go find them again to look at dates. I remember thinking that it was awfully coincidental and close in timing. But then the kid seemed legit sincere and was cleared.

No forced entry at 1st and 4th location

Didn't say where the locations are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First and fourth location had no forced entry. Do we know the 911 call was made from. The actual first location?

My understanding was the 1st 911 call came from the 1st house she entered where Gary and Chris Sr were located. However, if you listen to Leonard's (Dana's dad) interview, he says the first house Bobbi Jo went to was Frankie and Hanna's.
The 911 call had to be placed from the first house because she didn't mention any other victims in other houses. I'm not sure why her dad says she went to Frankie's house first when in the 911 call she says it's her brother in law. Maybe he is confused.

** I think- I've read so much and the details are so confusing.

If you haven't followed crime cases before you may not know this, but in almost every case, law enforcement almost never shares much information. You'll find overAndover that press conferences yield very little. They do this on purpose to preserve the sanctity of the case. They need to reassure the public as much as possible but not say anything that will tip anyone off.

The goal is the successful apprehension of the suspects and being able to turn a complete investigation over to the DA's office for prosecution. The public can be more of a hindrance than a help, as some people (for instance) watch CSI type shows and then imagine themselves to be secret members of law enforcement and think they're going to solve the case. The public can also be very helpful, especially in missing persons cases when lots of people are needed to get feet on the ground and search, but that's not what this case is about.

Bottomline is a criminal case has to be carefully preserved for eventual prosecution or litigation and information is held very close to the vest by people involved in the case, until such time as there is a trial. This of course is frustrating for case followers, but it's just the way it goes.

So yes, there is information they are not making public. 100% guaranteed. Count on this in every case you follow.

I do follow a lot of crime cases ;)
What's strange to me isn't that they haven't released every new piece of evidence they've come upon, but that they haven't even held a presser today. Typically when I follow a high profile case, the local LE will continue to hold pressers on a regular basis until interest starts to decline. Even if it's to say, "we don't have anything new we can share," they do make a point to at least say that much.

My understanding was the 1st 911 call came from the 1st house she entered where Gary and Chris Sr were located. However, if you listen to Leonard's (Dana's dad) interview, he says the first house Bobbi Jo went to was Frankie and Hanna's.
The 911 call had to be placed from the first house because she didn't mention any other victims in other houses. I'm not sure why her dad says she went to Frankie's house first when in the 911 call she says it's her brother in law. Maybe he is confused.

** I think- I've read so much and the details are so confusing.
I'm not sure which call was first.

"She had come to feed the dogs and chickens Friday morning but instead found the blood, then the bodies."

They lay strewn on the floor, her brother-in-law and cousin, limp inside the rural Ohio home on Union Hill Rd. "
Bobby Manley
*https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ana-growing-operations-found-at-crime-scenes/

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I read it was 14 days before the murders. I saw the screen shots, but would have to go find them again to look at dates. I remember thinking that it was awfully coincidental and close in timing. But then the kid seemed legit sincere and was cleared.

It was recent for sure, not years ago.

I'm not sure which call was first.

"She had come to feed the dogs and chickens Friday morning but instead found the blood, then the bodies."

They lay strewn on the floor, her brother-in-law and cousin, limp inside the rural Ohio home on Union Hill Rd. "
Bobby Manley
*https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ana-growing-operations-found-at-crime-scenes/

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

There was only 2 911 calls right? Bobby Jo's and the man (cousin?) who called in from Kenneth's house which didn't happen until much later.

I guess the 1st location is 911 call no1, CR Sr and GR
Placed by Bobbie sister to Dana.
4th would be last 911 call KR placed by cousin Donald S.

I have not, no. But is this the one that the R family is rumored to have been responsible for? (Consider this 100% rumor because it comes from that local gossip site!!) People are saying that one or more of the more senior men (Chris Sr., Gary, Kenneth) was responsible for an unsolved murder in the area and that their family was killed as payback. Again -- I have seen NOTHING to suggest that this is actually true. But it is one story that is circulating.

Mods - feel free to delete if this is not ok to post. It is most certainly not fact. Just rumor.

I haven't heard of any rumors saying any of this family was involved in something like that. I'm sure I have missed it I have tried hard to keep up but I do have things to do like go to the bathroom and eat lol. Anyway I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it I have seen the one from few months ago involving a mom and teenaged daughter and got to looking online at news stories for the area and was shocked to see others simular then of course I had to read a message thread and it was thwre that it got deep and vowing to avenge a sisters murder even giving info how she can be contacted. I'm gonna go see if it's on ws or if I can find out if anyone was ever arrested. It's out there look and there is quite a few things in this and neighboring counties that are scary

There was only 2 911 calls right? Bobby Jo's and the man (cousin?) who called in from Kenneth's house which didn't happen until much later.
That's what the "family tree" picture indicates.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/2...g[/IMG] Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Just now on Anderson Cooper:

Neighbor Stan Tumidosky (who has a sweet vintage T-bird!) was home at the time of the murders and heard nothing.

DeWine is trying to comfort locals while keeping details of the investigation close to the vest "to keep the bad guys guessing." (Again, he said GUYS, plural)

Pastor Phil Fulton was interviewed again. "Heartless to kill a mother of a 4-day old infant."

Piketon seems serene, but the town was connected to a Mexican drug cartel in 2012. No evidence that these murders were connected to drugs though.

Grow operation was "commercial grade -- a major set up."

At the first and fourth location, there was no forced entry. Whoever did this was very familiar with the family.

I wonder what neighbor he would be, how close to the scenes he was.

ETA: So does this imply second and third entry were forced entry? Which locations were everyone at? Sorry, I'm trying to keep up.

I guess the 1st location is 911 call no1, CR Sr and GR
Placed by Bobbie sister to Dana.
4th would be last 911 call KR placed by cousin Donald S.

But are they talking first location of killing? That one and no forced entry and the door locked is kinda odd.

So there was forced entry into two and three and they were likely killed while sleeping, with forced entry and dogs around.

I haven't heard of any rumors saying any of this family was involved in something like that. I'm sure I have missed it I have tried hard to keep up but I do have things to do like go to the bathroom and eat lol. Anyway I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it I have seen the one from few months ago involving a mom and teenaged daughter and got to looking online at news stories for the area and was shocked to see others simular then of course I had to read a message thread and it was thwre that it got deep and vowing to avenge a sisters murder even giving info how she can be contacted. I'm gonna go see if it's on ws or if I can find out if anyone was ever arrested. It's out there look and there is quite a few things in this and neighboring counties that are scary

I've seen it mentioned on the site that shall not be named that was big in the Holly Bobo case..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member