VA VA - Leyla Namiranian, 41, Chesterfield, 4 April 2012 *M. Edwards guilty*

New to this thread and just finished reading the whole thing... I can't believe this beautiful woman is still missing and no one is in jail for it. I also had no idea how many missing women/suspicious "suicides"/etc. were from this area. Chesterfield/Midlothian is such a nice suburban area. (Of course until you get closer to the city.)

I have no idea what Chesterfield LE know behind closed doors, but the one time I was involved in a case, they were pretty inept. I hate to say that, as I have the utmost respect for LE in general, but it happens. When I lived in Chesterfield (no longer do), my house was broken into. We called police and they showed up and looked around. I was pretty young then and totally trusted LE to handle things properly. One of the cops touched everything with bare hands, even as the other was dusting for prints. We went to court and they got off with everything somehow, even though they were caught with my stuff and illegal drugs. Although my DH was the one to actually get them "caught", as he gave a list of our DVDs (some were pretty irregular/documentaries/etc) to the local used DVD store and asked that they call the officer working our case on anyone trying to sell them there. They did (and said they get that request more often than you'd think). The guy saw the DVD store employee looking at the list of DVDs and fled. They caught both the guy's face and the car his accomplices were in, on camera.

When DH and I asked why they got off, LE just kind of beat around the bush, laughed, and basically said that it's just "how it works".

And by the way, the people that broke into our house were just young men looking for a quick buck (I'm not condoning, just stating that they weren't particularly savvy). They even stole beer and candy from the house.

So it doesn't entirely shock me that so many of these crimes have just gone by the wayside, so it seems. I thought that robbery would be a very cut and dry case and people would go to jail/get community service/something for it, yet it got very bungled very quickly. I'm hoping this isn't what happened with Leyla's case, because you can buy DVDs again, but you can't bring back a life.

Praying one day Leyla's family gets closure that they deserve.

Bumping for Leyla.

I never had the pleasure of meeting her, but I know a number of people who did. By all accounts, she was bright, kind, and hard-working.

May there be justice for her, and peace for her family.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/24/friends-hope-to-solve-disappearance-of-chesterfield-woman-zulma-pabon/
Zulma Pabon is another missing woman in the Richmond area. This article published today about her includes some information on two other missing women from the same area.

Leyla is one of those women.
Altria executive Leyla Namiranian has been missing since April 4, 2012.
Namaranian was divorced and living alone off Normandstone Drive in Midlothian. Officers who were sent to her home after her disappearance found her car parked in the garage, and found no signs of a struggle inside the home.
Shortly after Namaranian’s disappearance, police searched the woods in the cul-de-sac near her home. That search stretched to the city’s Northside off Chamberlayne Avenue.

More at link, but I don't think any of it is new information. I'm still happy to see her name in the news again and bump her thread again.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/24/friends-hope-to-solve-disappearance-of-chesterfield-woman-zulma-pabon/
Zulma Pabon is another missing woman in the Richmond area. This article published today about her includes some information on two other missing women from the same area.

Leyla is one of those women.

More at link, but I don't think any of it is new information. I'm still happy to see her name in the news again and bump her thread again.

Thanks for helping to keep Leyla's thread going, Kate B!

:tyou:

I used to work with Leyla in Arlington, Texas. I can't believe she's still missing, almost 3 years now. I have a hard time believing she was having an affair with that POI, or any other married man. Then again, I know people change. How I wish there were new information about her case.

I used to work with Leyla in Arlington, Texas. I can't believe she's still missing, almost 3 years now. I have a hard time believing she was having an affair with that POI, or any other married man. Then again, I know people change. How I wish there were new information about her case.

My husband, who used to know her, said she was very, very kind and generous and he, too, had a very hard time believing the relationship with the handyman and even more trouble grasping the concept of an affair with a married man. He said she was very serious, very focused, and very straight-laced. He liked her very much.

I don't know if there's a link to this already here, but I found this interesting - http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e2-ac0a-0019bb30f31a/50dca5e4c041f.pdf.pdf

It's the search warrant for the poi. I don't understand why they haven't arrested him. He was there, he says he was there, the phone evidence says he was there, a neighbor saw him there, and THEN, her phone tracked by his apartment at 1pm the next day. Obviously, the police aren't saying what HE says happened to her that night. It's so frustrating.

I don't know if there's a link to this already here, but I found this interesting - http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e2-ac0a-0019bb30f31a/50dca5e4c041f.pdf.pdf

It's the search warrant for the poi. I don't understand why they haven't arrested him. He was there, he says he was there, the phone evidence says he was there, a neighbor saw him there, and THEN, her phone tracked by his apartment at 1pm the next day. Obviously, the police aren't saying what HE says happened to her that night. It's so frustrating.

I agree. There are so many cases that are cracked so much faster with seemingly so much less evidence. Why doesn't anything seem to be happening with this one? I think that Hannah Graham's family deserved all the resources that were deployed in her case, but I don't understand why people like Leyla don't deserve the same treatment. I can't help but think that there was a reasonable chance she could have been found and physical evidence could have led to a conviction long before now if there had been anything like the level of focus on this case that there was in Charlottesville last Fall.

On another note, shame on Altria unit president who refused to talk to police even though he was at her house the night she disappeared. Why not at least consent to a conversation with police with an attorney present? What a bad person.

Chesterfield Police @CCPDVa
Arrest of Michael A. Edwards made today in the death of Leyla Namiranian. @HenricoPolice @RichmondPolice @HanoverSheriff @FBIRichmond
11:52 AM - 17 Sep 2015

Public info:

01/26/2016 Notice JDS SCM DNA ANALYS W/LAB ATTACHMTS
01/26/2016 Certificate Of Analysis HMS SCM PACKET; MULTIPLE LABS/EXAM
01/26/2016 Notice JDS SCM CERT ANLYS FSLAB#C12-5533

Looks like they have plenty of evidence. I hope they can find her and give her family some closure.

Public info:

01/26/2016 Notice JDS SCM DNA ANALYS W/LAB ATTACHMTS
01/26/2016 Certificate Of Analysis HMS SCM PACKET; MULTIPLE LABS/EXAM
01/26/2016 Notice JDS SCM CERT ANLYS FSLAB#C12-5533

Looks like they have plenty of evidence. I hope they can find her and give her family some closure.

Where'd you find that EWO? My husband knew and liked her and we have been hoping there would be justice for her family.

http://wtvr.com/2016/04/19/diary-en...-of-missing-chesterfield-womans-murder-trial/

Investigators considered Edwards a prime suspect immediately, based on a previously sealed search warrant, and feared the worst for Namiranian; they have said there was a “laundry list” of items against him.

The warrant referenced a journal found inside Namiranian’s house which contained an entry chronicling her fear of Edwards. She had written that he had become very jealous and upset of their breakup and at one point had choked her...

A forensic investigator testified that they had discovered a bag with a blanket and duct tape, along with cleaning supplies in Edwards’ car... Cell phone records place Edwards at Namiranian’s house the night of April 4, and the morning of April 5. Those records also placed him in the area along Interstate 95 North in Hanover, where Namiranian’s cell phone was later found.

http://www.richmond.com/news/article_41f4701b-0fcc-5691-aee6-163ef0cb3bc2.html

"Paoli testified that after dinner, he and Namiranian went upstairs and she gave him two books as presents. 'She was one of the most kindhearted and spiritual persons,' he said. They discussed his health issue before having intimate relations, he said. Paoli said he then left about 10:50 p.m...He said a Chesterfield detective called him about four hours into [a trip out of town] seeking to talk to him again about Namiranian...Paoli said he then consulted with attorney Steven Benjamin, who Paoli said recommended the immunity agreements.

Why did Paoli -- for two years -- refuse to even undergo an interview with detectives without an immunity agreement if he's innocent, which prosecutors seem to believe? I have never heard of such a thing, except when someone actually was an accessory or somehow involved and testifying against someone else who was also involved. Why the excessive caution at the expense of the victim of an abduction and murder?

He was having an affair with a subordinate many levels below him in the Altria org chart for a year before his "retirement", which is surely frowned-upon at Altria. I think he was married, too. For someone who professes to have cared about her, he did her and her family no favors by withholding information for two years. How could he? Was he hoping to keep the affair under wraps until he -- a stage IV cancer patient -- died? Would Altria have stopped paying his severance, or consulting contract, or whatever they were paying him after his separation from the company?

Poor Leyla...Edwards and Paoli...it seems like she was looking for love in all the wrong places.

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/crime/article_2abfc7d5-fc33-5cfb-9735-7709f2d0692a.html

Prosecutors succeeded Friday in convincing a Chesterfield County jury that there was enough evidence to convict the former boyfriend of Altria executive Leyla Namiranian of her murder, even though her body was never recovered and there was no direct forensic evidence tying him to the crime...

It took the panel less than 15 minutes more to recommend Edwards serve 30 years in prison.

Circuit Judge Steven McCallum immediately imposed the sentence after Edwards waived his right to a presentence report in a move that will allow him to immediately appeal the verdict.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nerak80
Back